Any tips on reducing lag?

Reina

I'm playing Reborn on a Mac using the stickied method.

Here are my computer specs..

Processor: 1.1 GHz Intel Core m3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515 1536 MB

RAM: 8 GB

I know my laptop isn't the best, but I was hoping there was some way to stabilize the framerate. Reborn is practically unplayable for me because the lag is so bad all over Reborn City (every ward). I've barely been able to progress in the story, I'm so frustrated. I'm suspecting my computer just can't handle it :(

Well, on my experience with reborn, its mainly just the City. (especially due to the detailed layers/graphics of it)

Uh, try closing as many apps as you feel fit. That usually helps (Along with getting rid of startup running apps you dont need. that helps your PC in general)

Just bear with it. reborn isnt the most optimized game out there, but it is sure as hell fun!

Good luck with your magical journey through reborn :D

• Global Mods

This program might help a bit, my friend used it on route 2 which was pretty laggy for him

http://himeworks.com/2014/10/rm-fps-control/

Won't necessarily make it run at normal speed, but can help and also smooth it out, which even if its slow can make it more enjoyable.

to use:

1. open pokemon reborn

2. open the fps controller

3. set the controller to XP

4. drag slider either all the way up or to the point that works best.

note: this may cause battles to go super fast but you can turn it down during battles.

I have the same issue and I find that closing as many programs/processes as possible helps a bit. Programs to speed up the game also help but ultimately you'll have to brave through the huge areas. It's possible for the game to be optimized to make it less taxing but there's no permanent solution for now. :/

It could also just be the game or the engine itself that's laggy/poorly optimized, to be honest. But then again, I have no idea about RPGMaker or Pokèmon Essentials.

My specs are the following: i7-6700 @ 3,40 GHz, GTX 960 [4GB VRAM], 16 GB (8x2 DDR4.. or something) RAM. My operating system is Windows 10. I'm still getting small lagspikes in Reborn City, the same goes for Gearen City in Rejuvenation. As you can see, I shouldn't have any problem running the games at all.

Like the other guy said: "Ultimately, you'll have to brave through the huge areas." :P And definitely shut down every program/process that you don't need. Skype is one of the most prominent that severely reduces the performance of other programs when it's open.

Edit: I also noticed lag in areas that have some kind of "shadows" on the ground. Forest areas, etc.. the one you reach after leaving Tanzan Mountain to the north.

Edited by Lagspike

This program might help a bit, my friend used it on route 2 which was pretty laggy for him

http://himeworks.com/2014/10/rm-fps-control/

Won't necessarily make it run at normal speed, but can help and also smooth it out, which even if its slow can make it more enjoyable.

to use:

1. open pokemon reborn

2. open the fps controller

3. set the controller to XP

4. drag slider either all the way up or to the point that works best.

note: this may cause battles to go super fast but you can turn it down during battles.

Hi, if I may my fps mod (link in my signature) makes that easier by giving you that option in your game settings.

Also since it's directly changing the fps it is way more effective :)

Edit:

While testing my mod I went through Route 2 (which was extremely laggy for me) smoothly :)

Edited by KisuoX

• Global Mods

Hi, if I may my fps mod (link in my signature) makes that easier by giving you that option in your game settings.

Also since it's directly changing the fps it is way more effective :)

Edit:

While testing my mod I went through Route 2 (which was extremely laggy for me) smoothly :)

This sounds like a better idea actually