Ask Jan Anything.

Jan

• Developers

I've come to the realization that people actually don't know that much about me.

So ask me anything! Silly questions are allowed, but more serious questions are preferred.

• Administrators

1. The dimensions have collapsed and you are the sole human survivor. You can freely choose what kind of world you live out your days alone in. What do you want your new planet home to be like?
  2. You are trapped on a deserted island. You may not bring anything with you, but you can have one other person stay with you. Do you have anyone over, and if so who?
  3. A passing spirit offers you a choice: You may sacrifice any skill you have (in which case you may never do it again) in return for becoming equally good at a different skill. Would you take the deal, and what would you trade?
  4. A drug is made publically available that prolongs life indefinitely, effectively creating immortality. Do you take it? When do you start? How long do you take it for?
  5. You're a character in a fighter game! What kind of moves do you have?
  6. A trolley speeds down a rail with a human tied on the track. You have access only to a lever which shifts the trolley to a second rail which you have been told has 0, 1 or 2 people tied onto it. Do you pull the lever?
  7. Your biological cousin is madly in love with you and has confessed 3,909 times. What is it going to take for you to finally start thinking about them romantically?
  8. Which anime or game would you least like to be trapped in?
  9. After being trapped in a building for a much longer amount of time than you expected, you step outside only to find out the apocalypse occurred while you were trapped. There are still scattered human survivors but the world is now largely toxic and dangerous. What will you do now?
  10. Your medical scans returned positive, and worse, the disease is already terminal. You have one month to live. What will you do in that time?

When are we going to have that chat?

Favorite game franchise?

Healthy or junk food?

Are you a morning person?

What do you like to do with your time?

What do you actually do with your time?

Got a dream job?

Hobbies that didn't come under question 5?

Pick... oh I don't know, I'll be generous... 10 or less super cool people from this community?

Got anyone from your neck of the woods that you would die for if it would save their life?

What do you look for in a friend?
What do you think makes for good qualities in a leader?
What does "love" mean to you?
What kind of job would you like to do?
What do you think is your most redeeming quality?
Who on Reborn do you look up to most?

Which character in Rejuvenation is your favourite?

Which custom shiny that I have made do you like the most?

Which Gen 7 Pokemon do you like the most?

Are you liberal or conservative?

• Veterans

And so another one falls...

Weirdest thing that's happened to you in the past year?

Best/Worst type?

Why does Zumi S U C C?

79d973b31b88883c9a7622c416695393.png

remember this?

Funnest part about developing Rejuvenation?

Why does Dr Jenkel exist?

Least Favorite Pokemon?

World Domination or a chance to kick Trump's ass. Choose.

• Developers

1) Which game are you going to make next after Pokémon Rejuvenation?

2) How did you get the idea to make Pokémon Rejuvenation?

3) What's your favorite part about making a game?

1.) Rejuvenation's sequel I think. Which would be primarily a story driven game. (It wouldn't revolve around badges every episode). I actually planned Rejuvenation to be a trilogy if people liked it enough. Rejuvenation being the main and longest game out of the three.

2.) Pokemon Reborn ultimately ignited the desire to create Pokemon Rejuvenation, but Rejuvenation actually isn't the first Pokemon game I've tried to create. I've actually had 3 attempts, all being on made on really shoddy programs from whackahack...Basically to answer your question, I took story elements from all three attempts and merged it into the foundation. Then I used them to create one brand new idea and now here we are.

3.) Creating the story. I think about Rejuv daily. I think about how each and every character ties into one main plot. It may seem like some characters show up and then leave, but each and every character is tied into the end in one way or another. Seeing people's reaction to what they find in a new episode is pretty great too, tbh. Speculation is thrilling.

1. The dimensions have collapsed and you are the sole human survivor. You can freely choose what kind of world you live out your days alone in. What do you want your new planet home to be like?
  2. You are trapped on a deserted island. You may not bring anything with you, but you can have one other person stay with you. Do you have anyone over, and if so who?
  3. A passing spirit offers you a choice: You may sacrifice any skill you have (in which case you may never do it again) in return for becoming equally good at a different skill. Would you take the deal, and what would you trade?
  4. A drug is made publically available that prolongs life indefinitely, effectively creating immortality. Do you take it? When do you start? How long do you take it for?
  5. You're a character in a fighter game! What kind of moves do you have?
  6. A trolley speeds down a rail with a human tied on the track. You have access only to a lever which shifts the trolley to a second rail which you have been told has 0, 1 or 2 people tied onto it. Do you pull the lever?
  7. Your biological cousin is madly in love with you and has confessed 3,909 times. What is it going to take for you to finally start thinking about them romantically?
  8. Which anime or game would you least like to be trapped in?
  9. After being trapped in a building for a much longer amount of time than you expected, you step outside only to find out the apocalypse occurred while you were trapped. There are still scattered human survivors but the world is now largely toxic and dangerous. What will you do now?
  10. Your medical scans returned positive, and worse, the disease is already terminal. You have one month to live. What will you do in that time?

1.) A calm world. A peaceful world. A world where I can be myself.

2.) Oh goodness... I would bring Zumi, but then that would bring her away from everyone she knows/loves. No, I think I'd go alone.

3.) I would refuse the deal. I know as soon as I lose the skill, I'd start to miss doing whatever that was. Then I'd just be unhappy. No deal.

4.) I take it only if someone else I know takes it. If I have to go through life forever, I'd like to have a friend to come along. If I -do- take it, it would be immediately, and for as long as I have to.

5.) I think I would have ranged shadowy attacks. I've always liked the concept of manipulating gravity. So I guess that would somehow be integrated into my kit?

6.) I pull the lever. If there are two people on the second track, well R.I.P. THEM, LOL. Uh.. literally. Serious answer: If there's a chance that there are 0 people on the second track, then I'm just going to hope for the best and pull the lever.

7.) Uh... this is a hard one. I'm not exactly sure... the thought of it is pretty gross so I'm just going to say a million dollars. Nothing less.

8.) Madoka Magica. Everyone loses no matter what. No thanks.

9.) Okay, so after the first 20 minutes of freaking out, I'd try to survive as long as I can until my inevitable death. I think I would become a nomad. Staying in one place for too long is dangerous in an apocalypse, but one can argue that moving around too much can be just as bad....

Whatever. I'm gonna die one way or another, might as well see the sights, lol.

10.) Try to be with everyone I love in my final moments. That's all I can really do anyway.

When are we going to have that chat?

Favorite game franchise?

Healthy or junk food?

Are you a morning person?

What do you like to do with your time?

What do you actually do with your time?

Got a dream job?

Hobbies that didn't come under question 5?

Pick... oh I don't know, I'll be generous... 10 or less super cool people from this community?

Got anyone from your neck of the woods that you would die for if it would save their life?

1.) Whenever I decide to stop being a loser and show up on Showdown more often :c.

2.) Uhhh... Pokemon is up there, but besides that... Kingdom Hearts and the Xeno series.

3.) Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.Junk.

4.) Yes I am, actually!

5.) Think about Rejuvenation because it's pretty much my life atm.

6.) Think about Rejuvenation with an extra layer of procrastination.

7.) Nope, I'm actually pretty lost when it comes to that... It scares me sometimes, honestly. I'm not one for uncertainty.

8.) Other than playing games...? Anime I suppose. Though, I'm particularly picky with what I watch. I don't watch that often anyway. I don't really have time to explore other hobbies :<.

9.) Ooohh. There are so many... I'm going to exclude people I know personally so that being said...

ICSW, Shing, Azery, Cool Girl, Mde, Firefairyrubina, Arkhidon, Spade, Njab, are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. There are many others but that would take up a lot of space.

10.) "I'd die for you, that's easy to say, we have a list of people that we would take. A bullet for them, a bullet for you, a bullet for everyone in this room". A lot.

Edit: I missed Inuki's questions, rip

How many cardboard cutouts have died for you

What's been your least favorite part of developing rejuvenation?

1.) Many have died for the cause... All will be forgotten. So about 267.

2.) E v e n t i n g. It's not hard or anything. it's just really tedious.

-If you could have one wish, any wish (but one where you wish for more wishes to realize), that would be realized, what would that wish be?

-Where are the Helix memes in Rejuv?

-What's your personal ranking for Pokemon generations (based on pokemon designs, game designs amd music)?

• Developers

What do you look for in a friend?

What do you think makes for good qualities in a leader?

What does "love" mean to you?

What kind of job would you like to do?

What do you think is your most redeeming quality?

Who on Reborn do you look up to most?

Which character in Rejuvenation is your favourite?

Which custom shiny that I have made do you like the most?

Which Gen 7 Pokemon do you like the most?

Are you liberal or conservative?

1.) Not much. If I enjoy being around you in general then that's all it really takes

2.) Assertiveness and patience.

3.) Love to me means being able to appreciate someone's existence to the point of wanting to be around them constantly. This is true for romantic love and/or platonic.

4.) lol idk.

5.) I think my most redeeming quality is my ability to find the good in most things and people. We all have a different perspective in this world. Having a little understanding can do wonders.

6.) Ame. Definitely

7.) I have three. Melia, Venam and Madelis. Erin is actually coming out better than I imagined her being, so I would say she's up there too.

8.) Female Milotic for sure. I just really love how it looks.

9.) Ngl, most of the new Pokemon look superrr strange. Pikipek and Mimikyu are cute.

10.) Liberal.

Why did you skip Inuki's questions?

1.) The funny thing is that I skipped this question too, LOL. I dunno, I thought I clicked the multiquote button on Inuki's, but I guess I didn't. It happens!

do you liiiiiiike me?

Would you be disappointed if I couldn't come up with any original questions that didn't feel inane?

You ok?

1.) I dunno, do you liiiiiiiike me?

2.) I don't expect anything from anyone, so nope!

3.) I'm ok!!

And so another one falls...

Weirdest thing that's happened to you in the past year?

Best/Worst type?

Why does Zumi S U C C?

79d973b31b88883c9a7622c416695393.png

remember this?

Funnest part about developing Rejuvenation?

Why does Dr Jenkel exist?

Least Favorite Pokemon?

World Domination or a chance to kick Trump's ass. Choose.

1.) I had a dream that my mother couldn't go to work because of a random fire. The Next morning she wakes me up to tell me that our local train station had a track fire. She was unable to go to work that day. I think about this a lot.

2.) Ghost Type BEST type. I will fight you on this. I dislike the Rock/Steel types, tbh. Burn them.

3.) Because it's Zumi, obviously. C'mon, get with the program :/.

4.) Yes... That demon of a Pokemon still gives me nightmares. #NeverForgetTheJumpluffining

5.) I said creating the story earlier... so let's do the 2nd funnest thing! Which would definitely be mapping. I loveeeee to map. It's like painting a picture without paint.

6.) Secrets. His character was based off Dr.Jekyll from the "Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde", though.

7.) Besides Jumpluff? I don't care too much for Machamp family... Also I'm not too sure how I feel about Tapu Koko.

8.) World Domination obviously. If I rule the world, I could kick Donald Trump's ass as much as I want. Which would be often.

Favorite ghost type?

What are the odds I will die before you finish the game?

1.)Chandelure. Aegislash for a close second, though. Rotom for third.

2.) 1/8192

Are you overwhelmed by the number of questions?

1.) I've definitely gotten more questions than anticipated, but it's all g.

who's your favorite character in rejuv?

do you like me?? 'o'

1.) Melia, Venam, and Madelis. Erin is up there too.

2.) I think you're pretty cool, yeah!

Why did you replay shofu's run instead of just creating it and setting all the appropriate variables, it would have saved you some time you know lol.

1.) I'm aware that changing variables would've been fine, but it was an excuse for me to play through the game again. Plus I wanted to make sure there weren't any loose ends. So playing the game from the beginning prevented that.

-If you could have one wish, any wish (but one where you wish for more wishes to realize), that would be realized, what would that wish be?

-Where are the Helix memes in Rejuv?

-What's your personal ranking for Pokemon generations (based on pokemon designs, game designs amd music)?

1.) It's cliche, but it would have to be a limitless amount of money. Money can get me many things while a wish can get me one thing. I also wouldn't have to worry about anything in life anymore. Except maybe health reasons.

2.) There used to be some, but I deleted them because they were pretty outdated. Other memes that were inserted in the game a long time ago will probably get the boot as well.

3.) In order from least favorite to favorite: Kanto, Unova, Kalos, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Johto.

Kanto is boring tbh.

What do you think of Pokemon insurgence?

1.) I don't have much of an opinion because I haven't played it yet, but it looks like a good time. A lot of cool features and Delta Pokemon.

• Veterans

Ghost is indeed the best type.

Oh yeah, one major question I forgot to ask.

What the fuck do the females in rejuvenation eat for breakfast, does it make them mini hulk's or something???

• Support Squad

Ghost is indeed the best type.

Oh yeah, one major question I forgot to ask.

What the fuck do the females in rejuvenation eat for breakfast, does it make them mini hulk's or something???

Rejuvios

also I liiiike you jan >//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...