Pokémon Miracle [Updated November 24]

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update, hasn't it? Progress on Miracle has been going at a good pace, so the beta version will most likely be released around mid-to-late September.

I haven't talked much about the overall story even though Miracle is quite plot-heavy, so this update is pretty much about the game's lore and some foreshadowing. So, without further ado...

Atlas' deities

Atlas' most important myth is centered around four guardian deities that protect the region. They are the main mystery of the game and what the player character is initially supposed to research. The guardian deities are, respectively:

The embodiment of the sun, inhabiting the Solen Volcano in Atlas' northwest. Its domains include proactive behavior, foresight and scientific progress. As such, it has little regard for conservative behavior.

The avatar of the earth, residing in the opposite side of the region in the Gaia Temple. A very traditional god, it's associated with wisdom through hindsight, reactive behavior and protection of the region's culture.

The personification of the moon, dwelling deep within the Selene Lake in the region's southwest, close to the player character's hometown. Revered as a peacekeeper, its main traits include clarity of mind, empathy and flexibility.

The incarnation of the void, living in the depths of Umbra Island in Atlas' northeast. A mysterious, feared god, its domains include self-understanding, caution and protective behavior.

As it's your mission to study about Atlas' gods, you should look for someone who's informed about the subject. That's how the guardians enter the plot, of course. However, there are more people who research about them, each for their own purposes. The one who's the most accessible? Your senior, of course! Blake has been doing this for much longer than you, so he already knows lots of things about the region's legends. In fact, proving yourself to be a reliable workmate is the easiest way to bond with him. Proving yourself to be unreliable, though...

The guardians

Each deity has their own guardian, tasked with serving their god and passing down their knowledge through the generations. In a lot of ways, they're similar to priests and Lorekeepers. As the Atlas region became more and more militarized, they were given important political positions, though not all of them are Gym Leaders. The four guardians are central characters in Pokémon Miracle, so you'll hear about them quite often.

The evil team

While their identity is a spoiler, Miracle's evil team has already been foreshadowed. After all, Atlas's backstory involves a war that completely changed the region, right?

Edited by Amanojaku

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a new character! She's not very important early on, but as the story progresses she steadily becomes more prominent. This may sound a little weird, but it's fairly easy to understand once you know what her role is.

Carina Mont'alverne

jzhln7w.png

Ranking: Fighting-type Elite Four member

The Gym Leaders rule over the towns they reside in. However, since the number of leaders and the number of towns don't match up, some cities are governed by other members of the league. Carina used to be the Gym Leader of Cepheus City, but her promotion would leave the city unattended. So, as a way to get around this issue, she still resides in her old Gym as the unofficial leader.

Carina is a wise leader who looks out for those under her command. However, she's somewhat withdrawn and rarely interacts with people other than in a superficial level. While this earns her a reputation as a secluded, mystical sage, it also makes her very intimidating.

Along with Elite 4 members, you will also be able to see high-ranking trainers whose talent is recognized by the league and, as such, are regarded as Gym Leaders in training. The first five successors, ranked by their talent as both fighters and rulers, will be featured quite prominently in Pokémon Miracle, since all of them are main characters.

this sounds really good, specially some of the changes like the chikorita one, i like chikorita's looks, but it's set left something to be desired to it's kit, i think your changes might have nailed it, specially making it fairy.

whats the competition percentage so far ?

Edited by iskelion

this sounds really good, specially some of the changes like the chikorita one, i like chikorita's looks, but it's set left something to be desired to it's kit, i think your changes might have nailed it, specially making it fairy.

whats the competition percentage so far ?

61%! I should have included that on the main post a while ago, but now it's been taken care of.

This looks so awesome! The love the idea of the four gods and not to mention the new typings and changes to the normal Pokemon! If you ever need another tester I'd be happy to help.

this looks really interesting from what i have read

good lob so far

Thank you! There will be more updates coming, so stay tuned!

This sounds nice! Looking to be very unique so far! Can't wait to hear more.

And the MCs share my Birthday!

Found that to be an ironic detail.

Thanks! Also, happy (almost 2 weeks late) birthday!

This looks so awesome! The love the idea of the four gods and not to mention the new typings and changes to the normal Pokemon! If you ever need another tester I'd be happy to help.

Welcome aboard! The game is almost ready for testing, so stay tuned for the beta release. If you have any suggestions for Pokémon changes, or anything else, feel free to tell me!

By the way, I have some new screenshots:

WdylkGD.png

uspBYRk.png

J86ZUGB.png

mML5peM.png

• 1 month later...

Hello, everyone! It's time for a small update before the demo gets released. It was supposed to be finished around September, but some personal stuff got in the way. But, now that these issues have been mostly solved, let's get back to business!

V1 will feature 6 terrains. They should all be familiar, since 4 of them are based on the canon ones and the other two are based on common RPG scenarios. The last terrain might be a little spoilerish if you're not up to date on Sun/Moon content!

V1 Terrains (Small Generation 7 spoilers):

u7ydRTD.png

Electric Terrain

A rather basic terrain that benefits the Electric type. Electric moves are powered up and Pokémon on the ground can't fall asleep. Additionally, it powers up moves and abilities that involve magnetic fields.

AibP1bG.png

Grassy Terrain

A terrain that benefits the Grass type. Grass moves are powered up and all Pokémon on the ground are healed by a small amount on the end of each turn.

ygFkSP8.png

Misty Terrain

A terrain that benefits the Fairy type. It weakens Dragon-type moves and protects all Pokémon from status. A very volatile terrain, it can be removed or transformed in many ways.

ICpi3il.png

Forest

A terrain that benefits the Grass and Bug types. Moves belonging to these types, or associated with them, are powered up.

ytvTKOf.png

Water Surface

A terrain that benefits the Water type. Water moves are powered up and all grounded non-Water Pokémon without the ability Swift Swim have their speed halved. While very common in water routes, it's quite rare outside of them.

FLArRhH.png

Psychic Terrain

The new addition from Gen 7 is a terrain that benefits the Psychic type. Along with powering up Psychic moves, it prevents priority moves from working.

If sprites have anything to say about how well-made a game is going to be, this game is going to be one of the best fan-made projects I've seen in a while. I'll gladly beta test if you still need people, and if you don't, I'll be excited to play when it's released!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/18/2016 at 6:51 PM, Amanojaku said:

Pokémon Miracle development topic

* Introduction

Hello, everyone! I’m Amanojaku, and I’ve been lurking around the forums for some time without much activity. Miracle as a project has been planned for quite a long time, but I’ve been ironing out some kinks to make the story flow better. So, without further ado, let’s talk about the game.

* Plot
Atlas is a region known for its rich mythology. While some tales resisted the test of time, others have been buried into obscurity. It’s the duty of an explorer to investigate those legends and bring the truth to light.

You are a talented student at the Sigma University, one of the most prestigious in the region. The local professor, Alexander Cercis, has heard about your accomplishments and invited you, along with some of your fellow students, to be his assistant. Now, you’ve been tasked with gathering information from myths all over the region.

In fact, you already have a mystery to work with. In your dreams, a person named Vega appears and claims to want to give you their assistance on your mission. Who are they and why do they want to help you? The answer might be related to the same legends they want to help you research.

* Features

- Gen 4-styled graphics and tilesets

- 14 Gym Leaders and an Elite 4

- Following Pokémon

- IV/EV checker

- Advanced Pokédex

- All 721+ Pokémon, starters included

- A morality system that completely changes the course of the story

- Changes in some Pokémon’s movesets, abilities and typings

- Custom terrains

- Difficulty modes

* Characters

Reveal hidden contents

Protagonists

Reveal hidden contents

Player Characters

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/lIq0Ins.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/OwWYKbG.png

http://i.imgur.com/WMcOMKS.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/vaIOQTs.png

Laura and Emil Altimari – The Fighters

Canon age: 17 (Born on September 25)

The player characters and Angelo’s older siblings. Due to their skill in battles, they were chosen to be the professor’s assistant. Recently, they’ve been having strange dreams about a person named Vega, who claims to want to help them on their journey.

Like all Pokémon player characters, Laura and Emil don’t have a set personality. However, some actions you take during the game might make them a nice, polite peacekeeper, a pragmatic detective or even a complete bad apple, among other options.

Rivals

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/S7eJKQU.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/XOEJqFW.png

Thomas Drake – The Mediator

"When hard times come, I don't want to be a burden. I want to help!"

Thomas is a childhood friend of yours and Angelo’s best friend. He’s a compassionate boy that believes everybody has the potential to be a good person and, as such, can make friends with anybody. He’s very shy, has self-esteem issues and isn’t much of a fighter, traits that he believes make him too dependent on his friends and that he wants to grow out of by exploring the region.

Fittingly, as the mediator of the group, Thomas tends to balance out most of the other members’ bad traits, such as Angelo’s impulsiveness and Iris’ pride. So, while he doesn’t look very important, he’s the team’s keystone.

http://i.imgur.com/uTp64J8.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Izcf9Zl.png

Iris Belmont – The Leader

"As long as we stick together and keep fighting, I'm sure we can do anything!"

Iris is another childhood friend of yours. While gentle and levelheaded, she’s also strong-willed, assertive and a little prideful. A natural-born leader, she treats her friends’ well-being as her responsibility and always makes sure everyone’s doing their best. Threatening the group’s stability is an easy way to anger her.

Due to her role as the leader, Iris feels like it’s her responsibility to make sure nothing goes wrong. As such, she can be an overbearing perfectionist at times, needing support so she doesn’t burn herself out from stress.

http://i.imgur.com/E5kJlR1.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/91guVxi.png

Blake Walton – The Strategist

"It's a beautiful world out there, but you won't ever get to appreciate it if you let fear dictate your life."

One of the professor’s assistants. A reliable and hardworking young man, whose cleverness and calm, unflappable behavior make him an excellent planner. Blake isn’t the best conversationalist, due to his reserved personality, but his dry wit might catch you by surprise.

Due to his role as the strategist and direct, efficient approach on issues, he quickly gets a role of leadership on the group, becoming Iris’ unofficial second-in-command.

Allies

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/BG3kp06.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/rPBTovn.png

Angelo Altimari – The Empath

"Dreams are things to be made into reality!"

The player character’s younger, more down-to-earth brother. He’s talented at picking up subtle cues in others’ behavior and understanding how they feel, also being the center of jokes about being a psychic. This talent, coupled with his inquisitive nature, makes him a living lie detector.

He shares many hobbies with Thomas, so they’re very close friends. Angelo’s assertiveness balances out Thomas’ meekness, while the latter’s compassionate nature keeps the former’s curiosity from going too far.

Professor Alexander Cercis

The professor who hires the main characters. He studies the myths of the Atlas region and constantly shares his knowledge with Lucina. He has a relaxed, hands-off attitude with his assistants, not really worrying about what they do as long as they get the job done. Professor Cercis is a reasonable and hardworking man, but his superiority complex makes him a little annoying to work with.

Ian Belmont

Iris’ older brother, the Professor’s main assistant, and the person responsible for mission control. Due to his busy schedule, Ian is quite serious, though he tends to play along with his friends’ antics sometimes. Despite having very contrasting personalities, both he and his sister are bossy people with a certain ego. Of course, this means that they don’t get along very well.

Pokémon League

Reveal hidden contents

Gym Leaders

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/yzWp1et.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/3ab9xSi.png

Lumi Fiore

"We Gym Leaders have been trying our hardest to protect Atlas. Don't take our hard work for granted!"

The Bug-type Gym Leader, who gives out the Firefly Badge. She’s often underestimated by other trainers due to her age and short temper, but not only is she a skilled fighter, she’s also surprisingly professional. She has a friendly, if competitive, relationship with the Normal and Flying-type Gym Leaders.

http://i.imgur.com/b1q29z7.png

Lucina Halcyon

The Psychic-type Gym leader, who gives out the Reverie Badge. She’s a professor with an interest for the occult that studies the myths and history of the Atlas region. Since she teaches at the Sigma University, she’s well-acquainted with the player character and their circle of friends, even being treated as one of their own. She’s gentle and nurturing, at the same time being very strict and expecting nothing but the best from her students. She’s not very confrontational and tends to stay away from conflict.

Lucina is the one who starts your journey, giving her students their starter Pokémon. Overall, she’s a very useful person to have on your side, even if all her jobs make her very busy.

Elite 4

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/jzhln7w.png

Carina Mont'alverne

"A house divided cannot stand. I entrust you with the duty to reunite this fractured region."

The Fighting-type Elite Four member. Carina is a wise leader who looks out for those under her command. However, she's somewhat withdrawn and rarely interacts with people other than in a superficial level. While this earns her a reputation as a secluded, mystical sage, it also makes her very intimidating.

Carina takes young promising trainers under her wing if they manage to impress her. For example, she's the one who sponsored Lumi's promotion to Gym Leader.

Other Members

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler Characters

Reveal hidden contents

Vega

"Do we have a deal?"

Vega is the person that appears in your dreams. They claim to be friendly, but their motives for helping you are unknown. They’re talkative, bordering on chatty, and they constantly act smug without realizing it. For all their mysteriousness, Vega genuinely seems to care about the player character, constantly giving them useful advice.

http://i.imgur.com/srqpVd5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ezDRYvZ.png

Amber – The Detective

"You can't solve a mystery if you don't take risks."

A mysterious amnesiac girl who joins the group to search for her past. Her talent for investigation is unmatched, but her moodiness and opportunism make her hard to approach. Amber is always alert and never wastes her time with meaningless distractions, but sometimes she might miss the bigger picture because she’s focusing too much on a single piece.

She prizes efficiency over everything else and believes that getting too emotionally attached on issues is counterproductive. However, a lot of her motivation to investigate the region’s mysteries seems to come from pride.

* The Atlas Region

http://i.imgur.com/q0VOMaE.png
A mountainous region surrounded by the ocean. Atlas is split in half by Mt. Aureum and, as such, the north and south halves are almost like two different regions. The capital, Eridan City, shares traits from both halves.

Atlas has suffered heavy losses from a war that happened a decade ago. As a consequence, the Pokémon League is heavily militarized and its members have important political roles.

* Progress

Reveal hidden contents

Graphics:

Sprites: 70%

Vs Sprites: 100%

Tilesets: 80%

Mapping: 65%

Total: 78.75%

Story:

V1 story: 30%

Sidequests: 10%

Dialogue written: 80%

Post-episode content: 0%

Total: 30%

Scripting:

Trainers: 70%

PBS changes: 90%

Other changes: 60%

Total: 73.3%

Finishing touches:

Alpha testing: 0%

Beta testing: 0%

Overall:

Total: 61%

* Beta testers

Reveal hidden contents

Jmanultrax1

Enfernex

IntSys

Tempest

DragonMasterKrim

TheDW66

Crow_BlackFeather

WSGreen

Zyxeos

Azure NightStriker

dtrey529

Makattack202

Alilatias

Okami

Dypatome

* Screenshots

* Credits

Reveal hidden contents

* Main development

Amanojaku

Claus Reiuji

* Essentials

Maruno

Flameguru

Poccil

P-sign.

FL.

* Essentials scripts

Help-14 (Follower Pokémon)

zingzags (Follower Pokémon)

Rayd12smitty (Follower Pokémon)

Venom12 (Follower Pokémon)

mej71 (Follower Pokémon)

FL (Advanced Pokédex, difficulty modes)

Carmaniac (Speech bubbles)

KleinStudio (Shadows)

Luka S.J. (Title screens, Elite Battle System)

* Scripting

Amanojaku

Maruno (Pokémon Essentials scripter)

Amethyst (PBS and field effect concept)

* Generation 6 addition

ActionReplayer

Pokemon Trainer Jackey

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

* Graphics

SailorVicious

chimcharsfireworkd/ThatsSoWitty

Phyromatical

Kyle-Dove

leparagon

princess-phoenix

Magiscarf

Heavy-Metal-Lover

WesleyFG

iametrine

Peekychew

Newtiteuf

Alucus

hek-el-grande

ChaoticCherryCake

xAlien95

Rverah-duh

BoOmxBiG

UltimoSpriter

Calis Projects

GAOlivier

Thurpok

EpicDay

Eli-eli76

Smogon XY Sprite Project

Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Akizakura16

* Music

Bliitzit

HappyDragonite

FL.Remix

ElectricMudkip

LOrbSheddy

Geothern1683

Mewmore

Dasgust

GlitchxCity

* Pokémon tweaks

SHIA

IntSys

Chubb

WSGreen

Makattack202

Alilatias

iskelion

More to be added later!

Pokemon Miracle looks epic . let me know if you someone to help game test it out to help find bugs and errors. I do have experience in testing fan games I already game tested through a few fan games such as pokemon daybreak, pokemon Enigma, and Etherean Dreams and pokemon reworld.  i able to help with that if needed. just pm me