Pokémon Miracle [Updated November 24]

The main post was updated with sprites for the rivals, Angelo, Lumi, Amber and the player characters. Also, I added the region map and some lore about Atlas. I'll add screenshots and more sprites later, so stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

This game seem interested and I look forward to its release to play it.

The changes to the pokemon in the list is pretty nice. Their are some things in their that should have been made in the actually game

(bulbasaur learns no poison moves except for poisonpowde by level upr)

some of these are quite interesting in ability replacements and type changes. I always enjoy people changing pokemon like this because it makes things more interesting and allows you to change your team building setup, as it shows creativity.

So far I like it :)

• Upvote 1

Adding third abilities to the Eeveeloutions is a great idea, and so are your additions to the Kanto starters!

Giving fighting typings to some of the Pokemon seems like a unique change, too, and it's good that you're adding like-typed moves in response. It'd be really cool to see someone in-game explain the type/move changes, like something as simple as "Here in Atlas, certain Pokemon have adapted to their environment by acquiring another type/getting this move/this ability/etc.

Pretty much all of these type changes and move additions make SO much sense - why WOULDN'T Aurorus know Power Gem?

It

Doesn't it HAVE a gem?

• Upvote 1

its reason like these that make me think why didn't the people who created this pokemon realise this. And if they did its not like they can say "oh hey we realise that this pokemon can learn this move so we added it" If they did it, people would be upset that they did that one instead of others.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on Miracle has been going a bit slow for a while. I spent pretty much the entire last week at school, but this Thursday's a holiday where I live, so I'll have more time to work!

Also, a small art update: All V1 Vs Sprites have been finished! Most of them were finished by the time I made this thread, but Blake's and Thomas' still used their old designs and Lumi's was just ugly.

WMcOMKS.png

Laura

vaIOQTs.png

Emil

XOEJqFW.png

Thomas

Izcf9Zl.png

Iris

TaMoOWE.png

Blake

rPBTovn.png

Angelo

3ab9xSi.png

Lumi

ezDRYvZ.png

Amber

• Upvote 2

Progress on Miracle has gone quite well on this weekend and most of the V1 content is finished. If you're interested in being a beta tester, please let me know!

Also, you might have seen on the main post that some important characters, like the rivals and Lumi, have their birthdays listed. In fact, today's Iris' birthday. This isn't just random trivia, it's part of an in-game mechanic! You can gather information about important characters and learn about them. This factors in the morality mechanic, because you can use the information you have to know how to make a specific character like you more, for example. Memorizing so many things would be a pain, but don't worry, you have a partner.

T0O7GMM.png

Vega isn't the type to just give cryptic hints and let you do all the heavy lifting. They'll help you in many ways, including giving you easy access to all clues you find.

Also, in case you're wondering how knowing someone's birthday can be useful...

9whKVyc.png

Lucina's study of the region's mythology makes her very superstitious. Of course, this is a Pokémon game, so all myths are true.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to help test as well, if that's alright.

This looks really interesting, and I like a lot of the changes made to pokemon. Glaceon, one of my favorite mons, finally gets a decent ability!

The art is really nice as well.

Also I am a big fan of the reputation/morality system and am interested to see how you make it work.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim
  • Upvote 1