Useless Roserade

Vit

I got a Roserade and it only has these moves:

Sweet Scent

Mega Drain

Cut

Stun spore

It's lvl 42. and it feels quite useless compared to my other pokemon.

Is it a bug? If so what can I do?

I figured after reading a bit that

Giga Drain

Toxic

Spikes

Petal Dance all sounded like really good moves - and I got none of them - and I can see that I should have gotten them at earlier lvls

It did not have a lot of happiness till high lvls. I only recently around lvl 36+ turned it from roselia into a roserade.

What did I do wrong? I tried going to the move learner which I just unlocked - but she wont help me... So much time wasted on that pokemon :(

Best.

Vit

Game.rxdata

I assume you caught it as a budew, then didn't get its happiness up until after those moves were learnt. The roserade line learns most of its good moves, including all the ones you listed, as a roselia, but you probably didn't get it until too late.

Then you probably evolved it into a roserade before getting petal dance.

Roserade itself can learn hardly any moves, which is why the move relearner isn't helping you. They don't teach moves that previous evolutions learn, only the ones that the current stage has.

That being said, when we eventually get the TMs, you'll be able to give it giga drain, sludge bomb, toxic, energy ball etc. which will help a lot.

In case you didn't know, most pokemon evolving via stone don't learn any move at all by leveling up. Roserade is one of these, so the idea us that you should first get all the moves you need in tour Roselia, and then evolve it to Roserade. You can find Roselia's learnset in Bulbapedia:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roselia

If you want ideas for a Roserade, this is the one I use:

flowy.png

Edited by Lugruf

I had hoped it was a bug, and someone could fix it for me :( feels like I spend a lot of times on that silly pokemon for nothing. Also got the impression that Shiny stones are very rare.

What can I do if I want a Roserade like the one above? It does not seem like I can get another Budew?

I got the impression, reading in here, that making a baby is a very troublesome process. Seems kinda stupid that Roserade does not learn anything when evolved.

I'm impressed with the quick responses. Great game, and apparently also a great community - thank you guys.

I had looked at a pokedex like website, and I feared as much as what you said :(

A bit different build^^ - I thought picking Toxic was really good as you would be certain you could kill anyone with it building up. Also which moves do you use on it in which order? Then again I last played in blue, - so I'm trying to say I don't know much, and maybe you could tell me why you don't use Toxic? I guess it does not matter for me as my Roserade is useless?

TL:DR: Is my Roserade useless or how can I get one like above?

Thank you.

Edited by Vit

My Roserade:

0f1f273410264c6dad19b9ae1b8007a7.png

~ (Toxic) Spikes is good for wearing down bulky opponents into OHKO range.

~ Leaf Storm / Giga Drain / Grass Knot / Magical Leaf is good for damage or HP recovery.

~ Hidden Power, Extrasensory, or Leech Seed are good moves to provide coverage or support the team.

~ Venoshock (TM in Wasteland) or Sludge Bomb is good for a spammable STAB move.

Putting eggs is really easy. If your Roserade is female, just leave it in the Daycare with any pokemon from the fairy or grass egg groups. If it's male, you'll meed to leave it with a Ditto. Roselia gets Spikes as an egg move from a male Maractus or Cacnea, if you want them. The best thing you can do is plan the set you want beforehand, then look in the internet how to get each of the moves you want, get them all in your Roselia and evolve it.

I had hoped it was a bug, and someone could fix it for me :( feels like I spend a lot of times on that silly pokemon for nothing. Also got the impression that Shiny stones are very rare.

What can I do if I want a Roserade like the one above? It does not seem like I can get another Budew?

I got the impression, reading in here, that making a baby is a very troublesome process. Seems kinda stupid that Roserade does not learn anything when evolved.

I'm impressed with the quick responses. Great game, and apparently also a great community - thank you guys.

I had looked at a pokedex like website, and I feared as much as what you said :(

A bit different build^^ - I thought picking Toxic was really good as you would be certain you could kill anyone with it building up. Also which moves do you use on it in which order? Then again I last played in blue, - so I'm trying to say I don't know much, and maybe you could tell me why you don't use Toxic? I guess it does not matter for me as my Roserade is useless?

Thank you.

If your Roserade is female, you can breed it to get a Budew or Roselia. (Use a ditto if yours is a male) I'm pretty sure you need a grass incense to get budew, so if you breed your Roserade, you should get a Roselia, which will allow you to get all of the moves you want!!! Also, if you would like egg moves like leaf storm or spikes/tspikes --

Roselia gets tpikes at level 28.

To get leaf storm

Tropius and Bellossom both learn leaf storm at level 1, meaning you'll probably need to use to move tutor to teach it to them, and then you can breed Leaf storm onto Roserade. Hopefully yours is a female.

To get spikes

Cancea/Caturne ( 50% Chance to get one from the randomized egg that the lady in Onyx Ward gives you for completing the daycare event. (Cancea or Seel)learn spikes at level 30 and 35 respectively, so yeah.

Having both leaf storm and giga drain (roselia learns naturallyare a great idea, so you don't have to rely on one of them. Venoshock is also and amazing idea, you can thank ShadowStar for that. for the last move, I might say hidden power, Tspikes or Spikes. It's all up to you bud. :]] Hope this helps

shoutout to Lostelle again for the locations!

Thank you.

If your Roserade is female, you can breed it to get a Budew or Roselia. (Use a ditto if yours is a male) I'm pretty sure you need a grass incense to get budew, so if you breed your Roserade, you should get a Roselia, which will allow you to get all of the moves you want!!! Also, if you would like egg moves like leaf storm or spikes/tspikes --

Roselia gets tpikes at level 28.

To get leaf storm

Tropius and Bellossom both learn leaf storm at level 1, meaning you'll probably need to use to move tutor to teach it to them, and then you can breed Leaf storm onto Roserade. Hopefully yours is a female.

To get spikes

Cancea/Caturne ( 50% Chance to get one from the randomized egg that the lady in Onyx Ward gives you for completing the daycare event. (Cancea or Seel)learn spikes at level 30 and 35 respectively, so yeah.

Having both leaf storm and giga drain (roselia learns naturallyare a great idea, so you don't have to rely on one of them. Venoshock is also and amazing idea, you can thank ShadowStar for that. for the last move, I might say hidden power, Tspikes or Spikes. It's all up to you bud. :]] Hope this helps

shoutout to Lostelle again for the locations!

Thank you all for the nice feedback - tried going for spikes - sadly i got a seal from the egg. So that's a long shot. My luck...

I wanna go toxic spikes, spikes, giga drain and venoshock. That seems like a killer combo. But maybe leech seed is needed to get 3 stacks of spikes going... I'll have to see about that.
I guess I gotta wait to get spikes on another event - some train thingy later on.

I want to plan ahead for my ralts - i did try to search on it - any good input on abilities on it?

I'm not sure I get the system of specials vs normal attacks. In general the normal attacks always damage less for me, so I tend to dislike them. I usually check the pokemon i'm up against online and find a counter move for it. Normal moves never seem to hurt. Like the acrobatics I just learned on my infernape seems to suuuck... Even if the pokemon I'm against does not hold an item.

Also what is OKHO?

Hope this is not abusing the great feedback I'm getting.

Best

EDIT:

ps. leaf storm seems bad with reducing the specials dmg. when venoshock is so close in dmg multiplier. ofc it requires a poison - but that should be there... rather than handicapping yourself. no?

EDIT2:

Can anyone tell me why you'd want extrasensory on a grass type pokemon like roserade, when it's a physics move? I thought it would get less "STAB"/dmg?

EDIT3: If i were to make an egg with leaf storm on it, and then try another move out - can i then relearn the move? Like does the mon remember when it knew previously? or are the relearned moves fixed ones?

Edited by Vit

I recommend going back to Episode 12 to breed over better moves. Though if you find that a bit cheaty, then don't do it.

I have a set that consists of Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, Giga Drain, and Hidden Power.

Technician boosts Hidden Power's damage, and all of the other moves are coverage and overall good damage moves.

Sludge Bomb via Muk>Stunfisk>Wooper>Snubbull>Roselia (not Budew).

Sludge Bomb and Extrasensory via Muk>Stunfisk>Wooper>Snubbull>Roselia>Exeggcute>Roselia (if you evolve it at the level it gets Extrasensory.)

For the Extrasensory and Sludge Bomb chain, the last product/egg gained has to be Budew, Extrasensory can only be gotten if it hatches as Budew, so have it hold a Rose Incense.

(Taken from here.)

I want to plan ahead for my ralts - i did try to search on it - any good input on abilities on it?

Also what is OKHO?

Hope this is not abusing the great feedback I'm getting.

EDIT2:

Can anyone tell me why you'd want extrasensory on a grass type pokemon like roserade, when it's a physics move? I thought it would get less "STAB"/dmg?

Trace is good, Synchronize is also good as you can inflict status conditions on the opponent if they're conflicted upon you.
OHKO - One Hit Knock-out.
Extrasensory deals with Poison types, which otherwise Roserade cannot do any damage to at all.

• Global Mods

You can see my roserade in my trainer card. can I ask why nobody has mentioned magical leaf? with technician its a power 90 special grass move that never misses right?

You can see my roserade in my trainer card. can I ask why nobody has mentioned magical leaf? with technician its a power 90 special grass move that never misses right?

Magical Leaf is a great Technician move, but I think most Roserade builds aren't using Technician (because HA are rare outside of Reborn/Rejuv).

If you have the TMs and some Heart Scales to spare, you can get a decent moveset going on a Technician Roserade. I would go with Magical Leaf/Sludge Bomb/Weather Ball/4th Move (check your Hidden Power, if it's not useful go for Giga Drain off the Move Tutor).

Totally forgot. Magical Leaf is a good choice. However, many prefer the HP Recovery of Giga Drain or the immediate damage of Leaf Storm. I run Technician on mine for HP Fire.

Thanks for responses:

Even though I can breed a new Budew > Roselia, I can read in here that there is only 1 shiny stone - one that I have found and already used :( That sucks! Anywhere else where I can get one?

When I see you guys with HP Fire on a Roserade - how did you get so high stats on your pokemon? (I understand that you need 31 in all stats to get it)

Since I cannot get spikes I'll just roll with Toxic Spikes, Cut, Giga Drain and Magical Leaf. That should be alright to finish this game and cover grass.

I just put an Oddish male in with my Roserade female to breed - first time I'm breeding anything ever. I'm not sure I get which moves get passed on, but all the moves I have planned for, Roselia learns on its levels, so I should be safe. - I really hope I can get another shiny stone somehow?

Thanks for responses:

Even though I can breed a new Budew > Roselia, I can read in here that there is only 1 shiny stone - one that I have found and already used :( That sucks! Anywhere else where I can get one?

When I see you guys with HP Fire on a Roserade - how did you get so high stats on your pokemon? (I understand that you need 31 in all stats to get it)

Since I cannot get spikes I'll just roll with Toxic Spikes, Cut, Giga Drain and Magical Leaf. That should be alright to finish this game and cover grass.

I just put an Oddish male in with my Roserade female to breed - first time I'm breeding anything ever. I'm not sure I get which moves get passed on, but all the moves I have planned for, Roselia learns on its levels, so I should be safe. - I really hope I can get another shiny stone somehow?

Probably not, you have only one Shiny stone to use.

Maybe (If have not made large progress since that moment ) you can use the save file when you had the Roselia. That will give you another chance.

Edited by Debojit97

It's ages ago since I used the Shiny stone - damn that's too elitist for me - no chance to fuck up and i'm not starting over. Roserade is out of the question then... awesome :(

Just a thought - does frostbreath benefit from technician? and if yes, can you then get it onto a Roserade? Then you would have a 90 attack move that always crits and is ice - something that would be cool as not many nice pokemon are are...

Is there a way to cheat to get a shiny stone? I don't consider it cheating when I was simply ignorant at the time about how to treat Roserade/Roselia...

It's ages ago since I used the Shiny stone - damn that's too elitist for me - no chance to fuck up and i'm not starting over. Roserade is out of the question then... awesome :(

Just a thought - does frostbreath benefit from technician? and if yes, can you then get it onto a Roserade? Then you would have a 90 attack move that always crits and is ice - something that would be cool as not many nice pokemon are are...

Is there a way to cheat to get a shiny stone? I don't consider it cheating when I was simply ignorant at the time about how to treat Roserade/Roselia...

Check this ..http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16315..

It says there are two.

Here's a picture.https://mega.nz/#!9U91SSKb!4D9HzLklitFVTrMITf1hC-t5M5TJUC-yeZijI8d40Cc

Best of luck.

Edit: Roserade doesn't learn Frost breath.

Edited by Debojit97

I still don't understand how I make sure that it keeps extrasensory specifically, or spikes, or sludge bomb... When you take 4 moves from a father and 4 from the mother - how can you make sure that the 4 moves that are passed on, are the ones you want?

Best.

I still don't understand how I make sure that it keeps extrasensory specifically, or spikes, or sludge bomb... When you take 4 moves from a father and 4 from the mother - how can you make sure that the 4 moves that are passed on, are the ones you want?

Best.

What I would do to minimize breeding:

Ability: Technician (Natural Cure if you get Giga Drain)

~ Magical Leaf (Is Giga Drain a tutor in this game?)

~ Venoshock (TM in wasteland)

~ Extrasensory (Breed a female Roselia or Roserade with a male Eggsecute, Executor, Nuzleaf, or Shiftry that has learned the move)

- Hidden Power is very technical to breed so Extrasensory is a fine alternative which is much easier.

~ Toxic Spikes (Learnt as a Roselia) or Leech Seed (Learned early as well)

Also, be sure to equip the Rose Incense to Roserade / Roselia when breeding for Extrasensory. You can gain max happiness by feeding your Pokemon ~50 or so Pokesnax or EV-Reducing Berries.