Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

34 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I haven't started on episode 3 yet. Episode 2 was released 10 days ago, and I've been working on bug fixing and polishing for it up to yesterday when I re-uploaded it (+some bug fixing afterwards for the next ep 2 update). There'll be one* more update for ep 2 which will add the non-binary player, but I'm also going to start working on episode 3 while Palletite is working on non-binary sprites, so when that ep 2 update comes out I'll have made some progress with ep 3. (later today is when I'll start mapping for ep 3) 

*one more unless I'm able to implement more of Gen 7 or get Pokemon Contests to work

Also, while I'm happy that people are waiting for the next version, I'd prefer if people not ask questions about when the next episode will come out. It makes me uncomfortable because I feel like I'm being rushed (especially since episode 2 was literally just released). I'll do periodic announcements showcasing things in ep 3 along with mentioning how far I am when those announcements are made. 

oh, i thought episode 2 was released like a year ago.....sorry.....please don't kill me

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Nakuto said:

I dunno if its just my specific download, but none of the pokemon do their cries. Like when they come out of their pokeball, pokedex, etc.

This started happening when I upgraded Essentials to v16 (I'm not 100% sure if that's the cause since I haven't found other reports of it happening with v16, but I'm assuming it has to do with it since that's when it started happening). For some reason, the cries still play when interacting with Pokemon in the overworld but not in battle. 

4 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This started happening when I upgraded Essentials to v16 (I'm not 100% sure if that's the cause since I haven't found other reports of it happening with v16, but I'm assuming it has to do with it since that's when it started happening). For some reason, the cries still play when interacting with Pokemon in the overworld but not in battle. 

Thanks for looking into that, It's not like a game breaker or anything. And I really enjoy your game so far! I was quite excited when episode 2 came out! I was kinda lost on where to go next and I remembered the park! Thinking of starting over so I  can #Rowlet it up!

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
25 minutes ago, Nakuto said:

I dunno if its just my specific download, but none of the pokemon do their cries. Like when they come out of their pokeball, pokedex, etc.

7 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Just popping in real quick, but I know why this is happening. They changed a part of the script for V16 essentials, so now you need to put all of the cries in a separate folder called "Cries" in the SE folder. I got stuck with this issue myself for a while as well, but making the folder solved the problem, so you can try that, as it'll probably fix it :]

• Upvote 3

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Just popping in real quick, but I know why this is happening. They changed a part of the script for V16 essentials, so now you need to put all of the cries in a separate folder called "Cries" in the SE folder. I got stuck with this issue myself for a while as well, but making the folder solved the problem, so you can try that, as it'll probably fix it :]

Thanks for letting me know, I've been wondering about this for a while. I'll fix it now!

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, aGoodCabinet2 said:

Are you gonna edit the uh...pokedex entries?

The Pokedex entries are intended to say what they say. I edited them for two reasons. One reason is to remove mentions of death or similar darkness since death literally doesn't exist in Spork. The other reason will be kept secret for now since if I explained it, it would completely spoil something. 

Can all Pokemon spawn with their hidden abilites, or only some specific ones? I was looking for a Magikarp and found one with Rattled on my first try, but in the 2nd Atk room, I've been grinding for at least 40 minutes and still no sign of a Hustle Nidorino.

Also do you plan on making it so you can switch to Hidden Abilites with Ability Capsules like in Reborn, or have them only switch between 1st and 2nd like in the main games?

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Can all Pokemon spawn with their hidden abilites? I was looking for a Magikarp and found one with Rattled on my first try, but in the 2nd Atk room, I've been grinding for at least 40 minutes and still no sign of a Hustle Nidorino.

Also do you plan on making it so you can switch to Hidden Abilites with Ability Capsules like in Reborn, or have them only switch between 1st and 2nd like in the main games?

I actually didn't know that Ability Capsules only switched between first and second abilities. I assumed they could switch between all abilities. 

All Pokemon should be able to appear with hidden abilities, but GalacticMarshmallow had similar issues with Scolipede. 

I think I know what the problem is now. I copied the ability data from Reborn's PBS files. For Pokemon with two abilities where one is hidden, the hidden ability is listed as a second ability instead of hidden. For Pokemon with three abilities, it looks like this.

Abilities=POISONPOINT,RIVALRY
HiddenAbility=HUSTLE

I questioned how this works with one ability still considered hidden, but assumed it must work since it does in Reborn. I guess more than the PBS files need to be edited for Pokemon with three abilities. I wouldn't know which part of the script to look in in order to enable hidden abilities for those, so I'll try either finding a tutorial or asking Ame so I can have this fixed for the next update. Until then, if you send me your save file, I can give you a Nidorino with Hustle. 

• Global Mods

INTRODUCING SPADE, THE NON-BINARY PLAYER CHARACTER

ac8565d249414043bb2681a757ad261c.png

Spork now has a non-binary character! Their name is Spade. The naming theme for the player characters is fork (Frank), spoon (Sierran), and spork (Spade). There are two ways to play as Spade without needing to start a new game. I've added them to every Pokemon Center, where you'll be given the option to become them by talking to them. Additionally, you can become Halloween Espurr and then switch to any three of the player characters. 

Also, bug fixes:

-The Gen 7 starter lines can now learn TM moves

-Pokemon cries now play in battle again

-Pokemon with three abilities can now be found in the wild with their hidden ability

-Can no longer walk through the walls of Olidroll's Training Center

-Tranquill's battle sprite is no longer way higher than it's supposed to be

Thanks to Palletite for creating the sprites for Spade, and to Rot8er_ConeX for the script that allows wild Pokemon to appear with hidden abilities! 

Regarding Gen 7, since Ame is now working on a Gen 7 Essentials pack, the rest of it will be implemented when that's complete. I've already planned out most of the locations for them and changes in characters' teams for Gen 7 Pokemon. 

On December 25, I'll reveal the Christmas Holiday Pokemon, which will appear in episode 3. 

• Upvote 2

• Global Mods
56 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

The game crashes whenever I encounter a Pokémon in the grass. Just lost a good 45 minutes of gameplay as a result.

Re-uploaded with this fixed. When I tested this, it seems like the error was caused by the new hidden ability script, so I had to delete that. Which means that for Pokemon with three abilities, I have to go back to the old method of having people PM me their save file to give them the third/hidden ability for their Pokemon if that's the ability they want for it. 

Sorry that you lost so much data. It's a good thing I decided to check the forums before going to bed so more people didn't experience this.

• Global Mods

So I asked Rot8r_ConeX about the issue with the script, and there was a line in it he forgot. So I added the script again with that line and it no longer causes the game to crash when encountering wild Pokemon. So I re-uploaded ep 2 again, which means hidden abilities can be found in the wild for Pokemon with three abilities for real this time. 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Twilightwing said:

How's the progress with the contest going because tbh a fangame with  the contest feature is pretty unique and it makes this game stand out

It's likely I'll continue working with contests when Gen 7 is implemented so I can add in those moves at the same time I'm able to get contests working. Since contests aren't in SM, I'll be using my best judgment for the categories of Gen 7 moves, but I think it's easy to place them for the most part (ex: Sparkling Aria would be Beauty and Darkest Lariat would be Tough). 

On 12/20/2016 at 5:17 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It's likely I'll continue working with contests when Gen 7 is implemented so I can add in those moves at the same time I'm able to get contests working. Since contests aren't in SM, I'll be using my best judgment for the categories of Gen 7 moves, but I think it's easy to place them for the most part (ex: Sparkling Aria would be Beauty and Darkest Lariat would be Tough). 

If you need help judging gen 7 moves for contest why not get community opinions?

Edited by Twilightwing

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Twilightwing said:

If you need help judging gen 7 moves for contest why not get community opinions?

I'll probably make a list of all the Gen 7 moves, try sorting them into one of the contest categories, and then ask for input here for the ones I'm not able to sort. 

Speaking of which, I realized some time after making my last post that Darkest Lariat may actually be Cool instead of Tough. On one hand it is a wrestling move, but on the other Incineroar isn't really a conventional fighter, being Dark-type instead of Fighting, and the move is Dark-type as well. So that'll almost definitely be one of the moves I need help with categorizing. 

Finally got round to playing Episode 2, enjoying it so far. Two bugs I encountered though:

1. I can just walk over the Dentist's office as if it is a normal floor tile.

2. The move Tutor which is supposed to be free can be used when I don't have any Heart Scales, but when I do have them she does take them after teaching a mon a move.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Wavesteel said:

Finally got round to playing Episode 2, enjoying it so far. Two bugs I encountered though:

1. I can just walk over the Dentist's office as if it is a normal floor tile.

2. The move Tutor which is supposed to be free can be used when I don't have any Heart Scales, but when I do have them she does take them after teaching a mon a move.

For the first bug, do you remember when you downloaded episode 2? That was fixed in the second re-upload. I tested it just now to make sure it didn't somehow go back to being passable, and I'm not able to walk through the dentist's office. 

For the second one, I must have forgotten to delete the part of the event where the game takes a Heart Scale from the player. I'll fix it now. 

Yeah i redownloaded, the dentist thing is fixed. Found one other interesting thing, one trainer in the Mystic Mansion has a Floette and for some reason whenever I try to attack it with any of my mons (I tried switching) I get the "The [Attack name] was blocked by the kicked-up mat" message, which is the message from Mat Block if I am not mistaken. I basically can't touch it, which is slightly game-breaking.

UPDATE: I reloaded and tried the fight again, didn't happen this time. The trainer was the first on the second floor who says something about sssssssunglasses.

Edited by Wavesteel

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Wavesteel said:

Yeah i redownloaded, the dentist thing is fixed. Found one other interesting thing, one trainer in the Mystic Mansion has a Floette and for some reason whenever I try to attack it with any of my mons (I tried switching) I get the "The [Attack name] was blocked by the kicked-up mat" message, which is the message from Mat Block if I am not mistaken. I basically can't touch it, which is slightly game-breaking.

UPDATE: I reloaded and tried the fight again, didn't happen this time. The trainer was the first on the second floor who says something about sssssssunglasses.

I tested this by doing battles against her, and eventually that happened when the Floette used Grassy Terrain. It seems like Grassy Terrain has the effect of Mat Block. Fixed. 

EDIT: Re-uploaded with the Heart Scale and Grassy Terrain issues fixed.