Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

Fixed Sticky Web, being able to walk on the Pokemart, and the tile errors that were mentioned in previous posts. Also fixed being able to walk through bushes in Cianosa, there being a small opening between trees in the Western Waterway allowing the player to reach Gellene without ever meeting Draga, and being able to walk through the couch in the Rap Battle House. I tried every tree in Aliora and Legend Dairy and I'm not able to walk 1-2 steps into any of them, though.

Someone did mention spore and powder moves effecting Grass types earlier, but it was supposed to be fixed when I was able to make Gen 6 work properly o . o I tested with Electric types and paralysis and the same is happening there.

• Global Mods

how many gyms does the current version have so far?

5. The amount of gyms for each episode is mentioned in the first post. Episode 1 goes up to 5th gym, Episode 2 will go up to 10th gym, Episode 3 will go up to the 15th gym, and Episode 4 will have gyms 16-18, the E4 + Champion, and the postgame.

• Global Mods

Is possible to take this item in this episode? I simply say it, because I can't go anywhere to get there.

This was something I accidentally did in the original release of 1.6. The day after 1.6 was originally uploaded, I re-uploaded 1.6 to the OP with some trees removed allowing the player to reach it.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Since I finished all the TV and trash bin events for episode 1, added a Marble (Marble location list updated with this), changed episode 2's teaser for reasons that will be explained, and fixed a lot of bugs, I decided to upload a 1.6.3 version. This will be the last re-upload of 1.6, so from here on out I'm fully focusing on episode 2.

All the TVs and trash bins have their own dialogue when interacted with, and so do the computers in the rooms of the hotel. In addition to the Gym Leader interviews, some other info that can be found from episode 1's TVs include: "History of Mt. Comet", "Beginning of the Ceolis League", "Founding of the Gentleman's Club", and "Birth, Destruction, and Rebirth of Aliora". There's also of course puns of TV shows and movies.

The teaser for episode 2 was changed because while it was intended to build suspense, I realized it could give the impression that someone might die depending on how it's interpreted. Death literally doesn't exist in the Spork world. The scene that teaser is for hasn't changed, but of course the context isn't there since it's a teaser. For those who've finished episode 1, here's the new teaser:

"Have you heard of the Data Vault, \PN? It's a place where you can find info on just about anything. Its existence isn't really a secret, but very few have ever been. Only those few who have permission to enter from this region's guardian know where it is."

BUG FIXES:

-Not really a bug, but Zubat's location has been added to the obtainability list. I didn't realize I forgot to add Zubat's location to the list until some time after the second re-upload of 1.6.

-Wynaut and Wobbuffet now learn Counter by level up.

-Sticky Web no longer causes an error message or skips the player's turn.

-VS sprites with the BW2 protagonists and Hugh no longer appear when battling Cherry

-There's no longer an opening between trees in the Western Waterway that allows the player to go straight to Gellene without meeting Draga

-Similarly, there's no longer an opening between street lights in Wonky Woods that allows the player to skip the meeting with Agne

-This is probably something that's been fixed since the original release of 1.6 that I'm just now noticing from watching Sr. F's playthrough, but female Meowstic now seem to have their proper level-up moves instead of the male Meowstic level-up moves

-You can no longer walk through the bushes in Cianosa City, the black space in the rooms of the Training Center, cliffs and trees in the Forest of Feeling, walls of houses, the wall of the BCC Building's first floor, the wall tile to the left of the blackboard in the Trainer's School, the Pokemart in Aliora City, the small trees in the Forest Opening, or the couch in the Rap Battle House.

Also, the PC in the Trainer's School can now be used by the player.

• Global Mods

I finally caught a Feebas and found the Prism Scale, but how do I evolve it? I tried to let it hold the Scale and use a Link Stone, but that didn't work.

You have to use the Prism Scale directly on the Feebas. In Spork, with Pokemon that would normally need item + trade, all you need to do is use that item directly on the Pokemon like it were an evolution stone. Link Stones are just for Pokemon who evolve through trade with no other extra conditions, like Kadabra and Haunter.

• Global Mods

It says it can't be used on it.

I just tested and it seems like the Prism Scale can't even be used, just held. I'm not sure how that happened since it was working fine before but I'll fix it. Although I planned on 1.6.3 being the last episode 1 update, I decided to do a 1.7 version that'll hopefully be up tomorrow. It'll have this fixed, along with other updates that I'll mention when it's out.

• Global Mods

Have you ever thought of adding Mimikyu to the game cause it seems perfect for it

I plan on adding Gen 7 Pokemon when an add-on for it in Essentials is done. I already know where I want to put Mimikyu.

1.7 coming out today or tomorrow will have the starters of Gen 7, thanks to phoenica for making the scripts of their abilities and moves for Reborn and giving me permission to use them for Spork. All three of their events will be in episode 1.

• Global Mods

1.7 is now out. It comes with the following changes and fixes:

UPDATES:

-Gen 7 starters are now in the game, again thanks to phoenica for the scripts and giving me permission to use them. All three of their events can be found in episode 1, and the obtainability list has been updated with this information.

-There are now NPCs in Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts. They also have the music of the city/town they're in as opposed to the default Essentials music.

-Chelsea's Wartortle is now a Brionne. Ever since Primarina was revealed I've felt that it'd be a perfect Pokemon for Chelsea, matching both her type and occupation. Also, her Jellicent is now set to female instead of having a randomized gender.

The Alola quiz for the Trainer's School has been put in. I don't think there's anything spoilery in there, but I made an author's note when you're asked if you want to take it just in case.

BUG FIXES:

-Prism Scale can now be used to evolve Feebas into Milotic again

-Can no longer walk through the top roof tiles of the Rap Battle House or the top left and top right tiles of the Sand Castle

-It seems like Light Screen no longer brings up an error message or skips the foe's turn. This seems to have been fixed for a while and I'm just now aware of it.

This will be the final update (for real this time) for episode 1 unless one of the following happens:

-A Pokemon that should be obtainable is unobtainable (like the Feebas evolution issue that was fixed in 1.7)

-A Gen 7 add-on of Essentials is made before the release of episode 2

-A Pokemon isn't learning a move that it's supposed to learn

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone found the hide and seek sidequest yet?

• Upvote 2

Hi! ^_^

Been trying to get back into Reborn and saw you made a fan game. Played through ep 1.6 and anyway here are my thoughts! ^_^

The sprite work is fantastic! I can clearly see the effort you put in sprites like Portal grunts and gym leaders. So kudos for that! ^_^

The mapping is fairly...... To put it kindly I can't say much nice about it..... Like it was to the point where I expected graphical glitches to be the norm. There quite a few counter tiles where the npcs will clip right through and a few tiles that that interact fairly weirdly. For an example in the Western Waterway there's a patch of Tall Grass that isn't coded as tall grass and the player has transparency over. , Also it wasn't uncommon for me to find the edge of the map, there were at least three instances where you could walk up and see the black edge of the map:/

Outside of the graphical glitches some parts of the map felt needlessly spacious particularly the interior ones. Like the rap house in the last city, you could've really cut down on empty space and condensed the room.

Regarding gameplay, the game is fairly easy. The only time I struggled was versus that trainer with the rotom fridge in the forest but besides that I haven't had much trouble. My pokemon are constantly over leveled and kind of just run through everything.

Anyway here were some thoughts I had while going through your game. Overall, enjoyed it and think the game has potential but really think you should go back redo the mapping for some levels.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Hi! ^_^

Been trying to get back into Reborn and saw you made a fan game. Played through ep 1.6 and anyway here are my thoughts! ^_^

The sprite work is fantastic! I can clearly see the effort you put in sprites like Portal grunts and gym leaders. So kudos for that! ^_^

The mapping is fairly...... To put it kindly I can't say much nice about it..... Like it was to the point where I expected graphical glitches to be the norm. There quite a few counter tiles where the npcs will clip right through and a few tiles that that interact fairly weirdly. For an example in the Western Waterway there's a patch of Tall Grass that isn't coded as tall grass and the player has transparency over. , Also it wasn't uncommon for me to find the edge of the map, there were at least three instances where you could walk up and see the black edge of the map:/

Outside of the graphical glitches some parts of the map felt needlessly spacious particularly the interior ones. Like the rap house in the last city, you could've really cut down on empty space and condensed the room.

Regarding gameplay, the game is fairly easy. The only time I struggled was versus that trainer with the rotom fridge in the forest but besides that I haven't had much trouble. My pokemon are constantly over leveled and kind of just run through everything.

Anyway here were some thoughts I had while going through your game. Overall, enjoyed it and think the game has potential but really think you should go back redo the mapping for some levels.

The sprites weren't made by me. Art is actually my weakest area ^^' The sprites were made by a person named Palletite.

If the tall grass you're referring to is the part that the trees cut into, that will be fixed for episode 2. I've been meaning to change that but kept forgetting to. The edges of maps being visible will also be fixed; I'm aware of it happening to the west of Virima, north of Aliora Meadow, and north of the part where Western Waterway meets Gellene. 1.6 actually did remove a lot of empty space, although it seems like I missed some key buildings like the Rap Battle House and Aliora's Herb and Berry Shops since I was mostly thinking about NPC houses. I plan on improving with mapping as I continue to make the game.

• Global Mods

This game seems interesting, I'm downloading it rn, but is the whole game released?

Current version goes up to the 5th gym. From the last sentence under the story section of the OP:

"The first demo goes up to the fifth gym, the second goes to gym 10, the third goes to 15, and the fourth covers gyms 16-18, the E4 and Champion, and the postgame."

Episode 2 is currently in development, with an announcement coming soon.

• Global Mods

PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: CHANGE IN EPISODE STRUCTURE

I was originally going to include this in the announcement within the coming days where some of Olidroll City will be shown, but I thought it needed its own post to explain everything about when certain features will be coming, etc.

Ever since the beginning of making Spork, there were 4 episodes planned: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert. But in the past few days, I've considered changing that. I came to the final decision to do so yesterday. This is the new episode structure from episode 2 onwards.

Episode 2 - Olidroll, the Human Capital: +2 gyms; 7 badges total

Episode 3 - Forks: +3 gyms; 10 badges total

Episode 4 - Sea Star Society: +2 gyms; 12 badges total

Episode 5 - Ice Cream Sundae: +2 gyms; 14 badges total

Episode 6 - Party: +4 gyms; 18 badges total

I'm not yet sure if ep 6 will continue to the E4 and postgame, or stop at the 18th gym with everything after being in an episode 7. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter.

There are two main reasons for this change.

The first is that when I think about each episode being 5 gyms, it seems so far away both in what needs to be done and the time to episode release. It makes me wonder "When will I get there? Will I ever even get there?" But when broken down a little, it becomes more visible.

The second is that Olidroll could be considered an arc in itself. I based the new episode structure somewhat around arcs. (ep 1 content from beginning to 5th gym I'd also consider an arc, which may have partially been why I started with a 5 gym per episode rule)

What this means in terms of things I've mentioned in the past as being in a certain episode:

Pokemon Contests: will still be in episode 2, since they're in Olidroll

Move Tutor: also still in episode 2 since she's in Olidroll. She's already been evented in. (Move Deleter is also in Olidroll)

EV Training Centers 2 and 3: The second is still in episode 2. The third will be in episode 3.

Surf and Fly: will be in episode 3.

Hidden Power changer: episode 3.

Sidequest Areas: The police one is still in episode 2. Beyond that, I've actually thought of another one as an extension of something I already had planned, so there's going to be 5. The third (the new one I thought of) will be in episode 3, the fourth will be in episode 4, and the fifth will be in episode 6 or 7.

Battle Frontier: episode 6 or 7

Holiday Pokemon: Christmas = episode 3, Valentine's Day = episode 4, Mother + Father's Day = episode 5.

Mega Evolution: episode 6.

Ep 2 teasers: The one about the Data Vault is for an episode 3 event. The previous one about getting someone into trouble refers to an ep 2 event.

Bigger part of Virima City: will be explored in episode 3.

I think that's everything that's been mentioned before.

This also means that episode 2 is close, but Olidroll announcement won't be release time. For the announcement, there are specific things I want to use for screenshots, so the announcement will be when I get to that point. There'll still be content I'll need to add after, and I'll need Palletite's help for ep 2 character sprites.

I hope people are okay with this change ^^'

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

266fef33addf4412ac77879bfd0c8b55.png

a25a57b1a744431cad1004b3e373aad8.png

125aeb3b16cc4208aaa4bbce0288ef30.png

Episode 2 is now out! Although I originally planned to do an announcement showcasing Olidroll City, I was actually ~95% done with ep 2 by the time the site came back online. All that was left to do was finish the story events and ask Palletite for help with the sprites for trainers battled in the episode.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Contests to work correctly yet. I actually only recently realized the Contest mod for Essentials hasn't been updated for a few versions. I'm not sure when I'll have them working, but I have no plans to give up on it. 

As mentioned in the announcement above, since the episode structure has been changed, ep 2 adds 2 more gyms, bringing the badge total to 7. 

The marble location list and Pokemon obtainability list have been updated for ep 2. Here are the Pokemon newly obtainable (outside the starter event of course):

Sandshrew/Sandslash

Nidorina/Nidoqueen

Nidorino/Nidoking

Diglett/Dugtrio

Meowth/Persian

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam

Gastly/Haunter/Gengar

Lickitung/Lickilicky

Koffing/Weezing

Pinsir

Omanyte/Omastar

Kabuto/Kabutops

Aerodactyl

Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss

Snubbull/Granbull

Heracross

Skarmory

Houndour/Houndoom

Smeargle

Aron/Lairon/Aggron

Plusle

Minun

Gulpin/Swalot

Torkoal

Lileep/Cradily

Anorith/Armaldo

Absol

Relicanth

Cranidos/Rampardos

Shieldon/Bastiodon

Bronzor/Bronzong

Rotom (cannot change forms yet, that's coming in ep 3)

Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile

Tirtouga/Carracosta

Archen/Archeops

Zorua/Zoroark

Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle

Emolga

Vullaby/Mandibuzz

Heatmor

Durant

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught

Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame

Pancham/Pangoro

Spritzee/Aromatisse

Swirlix/Slurpuff

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum

Amaura/Aurorus

Dedenne

Noibat/Noivern

There's also an event choice between Cacnea, Ferroseed, and Maractus (the other two will be available in the wild later)

• Upvote 3