Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, EmiRed said:

hi it's me again, it seems like hoothoot follow gen7 dex but noctowl still follow gen6 dex

It seems like what happened is that I accidentally edited Ledyba's learnset instead of Noctowl's orz

I probably will have to reupload after all so that people who have Ledyba don't have a completely different Pokemon's moveset...I'll do that later, but in the meantime, this file should fix the issue. There's a folder in the game folder called PBS; place this file inside of it and when asked if you want to replace the current one say yes. This will save you the time of having to download and extract the game again once I reupload too. (the file will show up at the end of this post; attachments are always at the end of posts regardless of where you're typing when you upload them) edit: reupload complete; I had it running in the background while I did other stuff so it wouldn't feel like it would take as long

2 hours ago, Princess Titania said:

Alright thanks but I have one other question. I was playing Spork earlier and I got an intro script error or something like that when I started it. I don't know why. I had edited Flareon so that it learns Flare Blitz at Level 32 And Earthquake at Level 45. I started the game, turned it off, then loaded it up again and i got the error.

How did you edit Flareon? Was it through the pokemon.txt PBS file?

And do you remember anything about what the error said? (if not, you should still be able to find it in C drive -> Users -> your PC name -> Saved Games -> Pokemon Spork -> errorlog)

1 hour ago, junaid said:

when will the birthday cake arrive stuck in their for some time

The cutscene with the cake will automatically happen after you've talked to everyone at the party. 

pokemon.txt

40 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It seems like what happened is that I accidentally edited Ledyba's learnset instead of Noctowl's orz

I probably will have to reupload after all so that people who have Ledyba don't have a completely different Pokemon's moveset...I'll do that later, but in the meantime, this file should fix the issue. There's a folder in the game folder called PBS; place this file inside of it and when asked if you want to replace the current one say yes. This will save you the time of having to download and extract the game again once I reupload too. (the file will show up at the end of this post; attachments are always at the end of posts regardless of where you're typing when you upload them)

How did you edit Flareon? Was it through the pokemon.txt PBS file?

And do you remember anything about what the error said? (if not, you should still be able to find it in C drive -> Users -> your PC name -> Saved Games -> Pokemon Spork -> errorlog)

The cutscene with the cake will automatically happen after you've talked to everyone at the party. 

pokemon.txt

I edited Flareon through Pokemon.txt and the error said that it was a script scene error

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

I edited Flareon through Pokemon.txt and the error said that it was a script scene error

Are you able to find the whole error message in errorlog and copy/paste it here? If it's the most recent error you've experienced then it should be at the end of the document. I need more specifics in order to see if I can understand the error and why it happened. 

48 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Are you able to find the whole error message in errorlog and copy/paste it here? If it's the most recent error you've experienced then it should be at the end of the document. I need more specifics in order to see if I can understand the error and why it happened. 

I can't actually find the errorlog, but I wrote down exactly what the error says:

Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78 NameError occurred uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies

I assume this is something with the intro, because it says press enter twice and then I get the error.

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

I can't actually find the errorlog, but I wrote down exactly what the error says:

Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78 NameError occurred uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies

I assume this is something with the intro, because it says press enter twice and then I get the error.

I went through the intro scene just now without experiencing any errors. I checked the script section Scene_Intro and line 78 is this:

image.png.2b61282f36dc9a46e08c614cfa890c7d.png 

which seems to have something to do with Pokemon cries. 

It's possible that editing Flareon somehow caused it, since this is the first time something like this has been reported and I wasn't able to replicate. When editing pokemon.txt, you can get an error when trying to start the game if you made a typo (when editing Hoothoot's learnset this morning, I got an error at first because I accidentally typed 4O instead of 40, then went back and corrected it). I don't know why editing a Pokemon's moveset would cause issues with a line about battle cries (unless I'm wrong and the line isn't about that at all), but I don't know why else it would be happening. 

9 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Was having trouble sleeping even though I'm very tired and decided to reupload now; the Hoothoot and Riolu lines now follow Gen 7 learnsets. 

This is probably the last reupload I'm going to do for a while, unless a major/gamebreaking glitch is discovered.

I was confident that the final episode wouldn't need to be reuploaded as much after all the time spent developing and playtesting it. I expected there to still be glitches and oversights, because there are some things that won't be discovered until they reach a wider audience. Different people have different playstyles, so more people playing means more opportunities for glitches to be found. But it's been 9 days since the final episode was released and I've reuploaded 7 times. 

Part of it is because I fix and reupload immediately whenever something is discovered (if it's something I'm capable of fixing), as opposed to most fangames which take note of glitches over a period of time and reupload less because each reupload fixes more issues. Whenever a glitch (or something not up to date with the current gen) is discovered, even if it's something small like being able to walk through an object that shouldn't be walked through, I get extremely anxious and feel the need to fix it right away or as soon as I can. I get scared that people will be mad at me because of the glitch, and won't want to play anymore.

But doing this is having a very negative effect on my mental health. It's starting to feel endless, like every day someone will find something and I'll reupload to fix it (which takes around 30-45 minutes). And there are hundreds of Pokemon, moves, items, etc., so who knows how many issues are still out there waiting to be found. It feels even more pressuring now that the game is complete, since thread activity has increased a lot since then. 

I was originally going to lock the thread for a few days, and I still think that'd be the best way for me to de-stress. With the thread quiet, it'd be a break from everything Spork related completely until I was ready to handle it again. But locking the thread might cause issues too. If someone needs help it'd be more difficult for them to ask. 

If more glitches, things not up to date, etc. are posted I'll still take note of them to fix when I'm the right state of mind. But I won't make any immediate reuploads unless it's something major. 

to end this on a positive note: 2 days ago was 1 week exactly since episode 7 was released. I happened to notice the number of downloads when I was reuploading that day and it was a little over 2000 (2040something; I don't remember the exact number, and looking it just now it's up to 2546!) That made me happy to see because the final episode got more downloads in a week than most episodes of Spork got throughout their entire release time (meaning from one episode's release to the next). 

Please do what you feel is best for yourself.

I have a small question, (that you can answer when you feel comfortable to.) Do you know why the game is so laggy with battle scenes on? I’m on Mac.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Princess Titania said:

Did you by any chance change flareon's name?

• Global Mods
47 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

Please do what you feel is best for yourself.

I have a small question, (that you can answer when you feel comfortable to.) Do you know why the game is so laggy with battle scenes on? I’m on Mac.

I've heard that Macs usually have more difficulty running RPG Maker games, though I don't know if this would be related to that. 

Maybe turning off the battle scenes in Options will make battles go faster?

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I've heard that Macs usually have more difficulty running RPG Maker games, though I don't know if this would be related to that. 

Maybe turning off the battle scenes in Options will make battles go faster?

I does, I just wish I didn’t have to turn it off. Thank you!

48 minutes ago, groniack said:

Did you by any chance change flareon's name?

No but I’m going to change Flareon back to the way it was before. I feel like Earthquake messed something up since Flareon can’t learn earthquake.

UPDATE:

I deleted line 78 of the intro, and the error didn't pop up. Instead I got one about line 197 in PokeBattle Trainer. If this can't be fixed, that's OK. I'm busy with a game of my own, so I don't have much time to play other games.

Edited by Princess Titania

Greetings.

First, congratulation on making a fun game, I am really enjoying it.

I encounter a strange bug when I was training up my crew in the third EV/IV room in the hotel. I was fighting a Bonsly with my Weedle, it wounded my Weedle and I went for a potion after I healed my Weedle, Bonsly went for a Copy Cat attack and ... he got stuck. It kept on repeating the same message (That Bonsly is attacking with Copy Cat) over and over without the attack happening. I sadly had to close the game (and lost the cute little Cricketot I just caught *sigh*) It was rather strange and I thought I should just mention it to you. Just in case...

I was going tell you yesterday (but you went to bed. which was fine.) about the fact that the Medicham family doesn't learn its level up moveset between LV 28 to LV 36. its not that bad it just means i'll be stuck with force palm until i get a better fighting move. i just wanted to let you know.

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, ookamishadows said:

Greetings.

First, congratulation on making a fun game, I am really enjoying it.

I encounter a strange bug when I was training up my crew in the third EV/IV room in the hotel. I was fighting a Bonsly with my Weedle, it wounded my Weedle and I went for a potion after I healed my Weedle, Bonsly went for a Copy Cat attack and ... he got stuck. It kept on repeating the same message (That Bonsly is attacking with Copy Cat) over and over without the attack happening. I sadly had to close the game (and lost the cute little Cricketot I just caught *sigh*) It was rather strange and I thought I should just mention it to you. Just in case...

I think I remember this being mentioned before and not knowing what to do about it because Copycat had the correct function code (unlike some move issues which result from the function code being incorrect)...maybe I'll just remove Copycat from the game entirely like I had to do with Baneful Bunker. Sorry about the lost Kricketot. If you send me your save file I'd be willing to give you another one as compensation, with any nature/IVs/etc. you want. 

8 minutes ago, babz16 said:

I was going tell you yesterday (but you went to bed. which was fine.) about the fact that the Medicham family doesn't learn its level up moveset between LV 28 to LV 36. its not that bad it just means i'll be stuck with force palm until i get a better fighting move. i just wanted to let you know.

Noted; will fix the next time I feel up to reuploading. 

7 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

What’s the shiny chance in this game?

Same as Reborn and Rejuvenation. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I think I remember this being mentioned before and not knowing what to do about it because Copycat had the correct function code (unlike some move issues which result from the function code being incorrect)...maybe I'll just remove Copycat from the game entirely like I had to do with Baneful Bunker. Sorry about the lost Kricketot. If you send me your save file I'd be willing to give you another one as compensation, with any nature/IVs/etc. you want. 

Noted; will fix the next time I feel up to reuploading. 

Same as Reborn and Rejuvenation. 

Thank you.

• Global Mods

@Princess Titania I just noticed the edit to your post. I read your post before you edited it so I didn't see the edit until just now. Line 197 in PokeBattle_Trainer:

image.png.fb14e3334941a230e9f388c40b0ee468.png

this seems to have something to do with Pokedex entries; but again I'm not sure how it's connected to editing Flareon. 

The only suggestion I could give would be to redownload and not to alter anything in the PBS files to avoid these errors. Although for redownloading I know you mentioned concern about mediafire, so it may be best to wait for Punkeev/Steffi's alternate google drive link if google drive is able to host a link for the game. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

@Princess Titania I just noticed the edit to your post. I read your post before you edited it so I didn't see the edit until just now. Line 197 in PokeBattle_Trainer:

image.png.fb14e3334941a230e9f388c40b0ee468.png

this seems to have something to do with Pokedex entries; but again I'm not sure how it's connected to editing Flareon. 

The only suggestion I could give would be to redownload and not to alter anything in the PBS files to avoid these errors. Although for redownloading I know you mentioned concern about mediafire, so it may be best to wait for Punkeev/Steffi's alternate google drive link if google drive is able to host a link for the game. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. 

Thank you for your time. I'll just wait until Spork comes out on a different platform, and then I'll get Version 7.

Thanks Anyway!

• Like 1

• Global Mods

I did decide to reupload after all because of the Copycat infinite loop and another shadow Pokemon message with Delicia.

reuploaded with the following fixes/updates:

-removed Copycat from the learnsets of all Pokemon that had it because of the possible infinite loop

-Sky Drop can apparently cause something similar, although there are a few ways to end the loop. removed from learnsets and removed the TM from the game to be safe

-there was another shadow Pokemon message with Delicia, this time with her Lickitung in the first battle, which I've fixed now (tested with other battles too and it only happened in the first)

-Meditite and Medicham now have their full learnsets

also, here are the digitally colored versions of the drawings I posted a while ago! Punkeev/Steffi showed me this site and I made these. 

wCZMVvDmZPoLAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

APHlp8SfqPKFAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

I'm not really sure why some of the colors ended up being all over the place, like red in the first image when I only used red for Cherry. But it was fun to make them!

And here's a picture of Lemon's face being spooky for some reason when I was coloring her dress XD 

wBpbT4YG1KlxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

• Like 1

Form some reason my Scyther does not want to evolve in to Scizor. It is holding a Metal Coat, but when i use a Link Stone on it, it just says "It won't have any effect."

Any idea why?

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, yAyn said:

Form some reason my Scyther does not want to evolve in to Scizor. It is holding a Metal Coat, but when i use a Link Stone on it, it just says "It won't have any effect."

Any idea why?

Metal Coat is the item needed to evolve Scyther.

• Global Mods
37 minutes ago, DrewR said:

I am having trouble downloading the game. Every time I attempt to, it stops at 99% followed by a network error. What can I do?

I've never experienced this before, and tried downloading just now to make sure it wasn't something that started happening recently. I was able to download successfully. I tried searching "mediafire network error" but didn't get any results on network errors for mediafire specifically. They were all for other sites or apps. This is also the first mention of this in the thread, so I'm unfortunately not sure what the issue could be...maybe mediafire was experiencing technical difficulties for a few minutes (unless you tried at different times during the day and not all around the same time)? 

2 hours ago, yAyn said:

Any idea why

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:
2 hours ago, yAyn said:

Any idea why

This is just displaying as a quote with no text for me?

But I did just realize that post said "It is holding a Metal Coat". I didn't see that part when I first read it. @yAyn you need to use a Metal Coat on Scyther like an evolution stone rather than having it hold it. And a Link Stone isn't needed as part of the process.