Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, quantumquazar said:

is the pheromosa at the beginning of the game shiny locked or can it be hunted?

No Pokemon is shiny locked. I don't know how to shiny lock and even if I did I wouldn't want to prevent people from getting a shiny of certain Pokemon. 

It'll never be shiny during the battle, because it's set up as a trainer battle, and trainer Pokemon are never shiny unless they're set that way. But it can be shiny when obtained.

Guest Relinquished

Are the Ultra Sun/Moon changes applied over all pokemon? Specifically, movesets?

First enemy, right next cabin, had a level 3 Joltic that knows "Leech Life". This is supposed to be learnt through TM, right? Fella kept destroying my starter and Espurr you get to the left room, until i leveled up some times, killing his Pichu... 

Is that normal, as intended, or a small oversight?

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Are the Ultra Sun/Moon changes applied over all pokemon? Specifically, movesets?

If I remember right, ICSW updated the movesets to USUM very shortly after the full sets were datamined from the games, months before Rejuv/Reborn.  I could be remembering wrong though.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

First enemy, right next cabin, had a level 3 Joltic that knows "Leech Life". This is supposed to be learnt through TM, right? Fella kept destroying my starter and Espurr you get to the left room, until i leveled up some times, killing his Pichu... 

Is that normal, as intended, or a small oversight?

Pokemon movesets are updated to USUM on all accounts (level up, egg moves, TM), yes. 

Joltik used to learn Leech Life as a level up move before Gen 7. When leaving a trainer's Pokemon's moveset undefined it uses their most recent level up moves, but when I first started making Spork I didn't know that and thought you had to define everything. So a lot of early NPC trainers Pokemon have their latest levelup moves defined before I realized I didn't need to do that, and since it was Gen 6 at the time, yeah. 

• Global Mods

reuploaded with the following fixes:

-undefined the movesets of early NPC trainers so that they have their Gen 7 levelup moves by default now

-Pollen Puff now works on Grass types. The issue was that it was defined as a spore/powder move. It worked for me with Arbok though before fixing; maybe you mixed Arbok up with a different Pokemon @Filthy Casual?

-fixed typo in ICSW's speech in Crystal Caverns: completey -> completely

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, babz16 said:

why does Fletchinder not have Flame Body? only has Big Pecks for some reason

32 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Well, a Pokemon can only have one ability at a time.

Have you tried using an ability capsule? I believe you can get some at the ability capsule store at Olidroll City.

Reuploaded with this fixed; the issue was that Fletchinder and Talonflame had Big Pecks as their primary ability instead of Flame Body. Fletchling has Big Pecks as its primary ability but that's supposed to change when it evolves, and it didn't before. 

I think this is something I fixed back in episode 2 or 3...I definitely remember someone mentioning it before. It's fixed now though. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Spork name:

image.thumb.png.a30a9e386cf4839854a986fe3b7cd783.png

Delicia's Delicious Dreamland:

image.thumb.png.383056bcbd818fe50f3839d9e7181900.png

Thank you, one more thing though, I just received my running shoes and there stuck in running no matter if I set it to hold or toggle.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, GriffinO1 said:

Thank you, one more thing though, I just received my running shoes and there stuck in running no matter if I set it to hold or toggle.

I just tested and I was able to switch from running to walking and back again. Do you have the alt/speedup button on? If you do, the game speed might be fast enough that it seems like you're running even when you're walking. If not, I'm unsure what could be causing it as I wasn't able to replicate it. 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I just tested and I was able to switch from running to walking and back again. Do you have the alt/speedup button on? If you do, the game speed might be fast enough that it seems like you're running even when you're walking. If not, I'm unsure what could be causing it as I wasn't able to replicate it. 

I can switch to walking by pressing z, but if I don’t hold it I run. Is there a way to reverse that? Also I don’t know how to turn speed up on, so I don’t know how that would be it.

Edited by GriffinO1

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

I can switch to walking by pressing z, but if I don’t hold it I run. Is there a way to reverse that? Also I don’t know how to turn speed up on, so I don’t know how that would be it.

That's strange; it's supposed to be the other way around. The only possibility I can think of right now is maybe you pressed the s key at some point? Before I upgraded to Essentials v16.2 which came with the autorun toggle, the s button was used to autorun. If that's the case, maybe pressing s will return things to normal? 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That's strange; it's supposed to be the other way around. The only possibility I can think of right now is maybe you pressed the s key at some point? Before I upgraded to Essentials v16.2 which came with the autorun toggle, the s button was used to autorun. If that's the case, maybe pressing s will return things to normal? 

That fixed it, thank you very much! One last question, why have Ultra Beasts able to be starters?

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, GriffinO1 said:

That fixed it, thank you very much! One last question, why have Ultra Beasts able to be starters?

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

The intent was for all non-legendary Pokemon to be obtainable as starters. Some people classify Ultra Beasts as legendaries, but I personally don't (aside from Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma). I consider them their own category like the Eeveelutions, starters, etc. In Ultra Space they're ordinary species. Spork takes place after Gen 7, and Ultra Beasts have become a more common sight after Lusamine opened the wormhole + travel between this dimension and Ultra Space was made possible.

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, EmiRed said:

my hoothoot moveset during level up is following gen 6 pokedex? is it supposed to be like that?

No; it's supposed to be Gen 7. I just turned my computer off and am going to bed so I'll fix it tomorrow. And by tomorrow I mean today because it's past midnight. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Was having trouble sleeping even though I'm very tired and decided to reupload now; the Hoothoot and Riolu lines now follow Gen 7 learnsets. 

This is probably the last reupload I'm going to do for a while, unless a major/gamebreaking glitch is discovered.

I was confident that the final episode wouldn't need to be reuploaded as much after all the time spent developing and playtesting it. I expected there to still be glitches and oversights, because there are some things that won't be discovered until they reach a wider audience. Different people have different playstyles, so more people playing means more opportunities for glitches to be found. But it's been 9 days since the final episode was released and I've reuploaded 7 times. 

Part of it is because I fix and reupload immediately whenever something is discovered (if it's something I'm capable of fixing), as opposed to most fangames which take note of glitches over a period of time and reupload less because each reupload fixes more issues. Whenever a glitch (or something not up to date with the current gen) is discovered, even if it's something small like being able to walk through an object that shouldn't be walked through, I get extremely anxious and feel the need to fix it right away or as soon as I can. I get scared that people will be mad at me because of the glitch, and won't want to play anymore.

But doing this is having a very negative effect on my mental health. It's starting to feel endless, like every day someone will find something and I'll reupload to fix it (which takes around 30-45 minutes). And there are hundreds of Pokemon, moves, items, etc., so who knows how many issues are still out there waiting to be found. It feels even more pressuring now that the game is complete, since thread activity has increased a lot since then. 

I was originally going to lock the thread for a few days, and I still think that'd be the best way for me to de-stress. With the thread quiet, it'd be a break from everything Spork related completely until I was ready to handle it again. But locking the thread might cause issues too. If someone needs help it'd be more difficult for them to ask. 

If more glitches, things not up to date, etc. are posted I'll still take note of them to fix when I'm the right state of mind. But I won't make any immediate reuploads unless it's something major. 

to end this on a positive note: 2 days ago was 1 week exactly since episode 7 was released. I happened to notice the number of downloads when I was reuploading that day and it was a little over 2000 (2040something; I don't remember the exact number, and looking it just now it's up to 2546!) That made me happy to see because the final episode got more downloads in a week than most episodes of Spork got throughout their entire release time (meaning from one episode's release to the next). 

• Like 1

I just downloaded 4.5 a few weeks ago and I must say that Spork is a great game. I only have one problem, and that's how you download it. See, I downloaded 4.5 when I had a free trial of a virus protection program. That trial is now gone, and I don't want to download Version 7 and get a virus. I hate downloading any sort of content from MediaFire because there's always that risk. I'm going to finish Episode 4.5, and then I'll worry about getting Version 7. Sorry If this is too much to ask (I've never actually made anything that you can download) but would it be possible to make Spork available on Google Drive or something? That would make me feel a lot better about downloading Version 7.

3 hours ago, Princess Titania said:

I just downloaded 4.5 a few weeks ago and I must say that Spork is a great game. I only have one problem, and that's how you download it. See, I downloaded 4.5 when I had a free trial of a virus protection program. That trial is now gone, and I don't want to download Version 7 and get a virus. I hate downloading any sort of content from MediaFire because there's always that risk. I'm going to finish Episode 4.5, and then I'll worry about getting Version 7. Sorry If this is too much to ask (I've never actually made anything that you can download) but would it be possible to make Spork available on Google Drive or something? That would make me feel a lot better about downloading Version 7.

Hmmm

Understandable; I can look into providing an alternative Google Drive download and pass the information to Ice Cream Sand Witch.

As for the time being, I can only suggest using AdBlock when downloading on Mediafire. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, punkeev said:

Hmmm

Understandable; I can look into providing an alternative Google Drive download and pass the information to Ice Cream Sand Witch.

As for the time being, I can only suggest using AdBlock when downloading on Mediafire. 

Alright thanks but I have one other question. I was playing Spork earlier and I got an intro script error or something like that when I started it. I don't know why. I had edited Flareon so that it learns Flare Blitz at Level 32 And Earthquake at Level 45. I started the game, turned it off, then loaded it up again and i got the error.