Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

oooh, it's finished? Last time I played was on version four! Def gonna give this another go.

I do have to admit though, that the pokedex alterations really turn me off. It felt kind of unnecessary to me, and it's jarring as heck to catch a pokemon and see just a random word instead of lore. Past that though, it's a decent game! Certainly it looks really nice. I'd comment on the story but I never got that far in, rip.

• Like 1

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, shinymissingno said:

oooh, it's finished? Last time I played was on version four! Def gonna give this another go.

I do have to admit though, that the pokedex alterations really turn me off. It felt kind of unnecessary to me, and it's jarring as heck to catch a pokemon and see just a random word instead of lore. Past that though, it's a decent game! Certainly it looks really nice. I'd comment on the story but I never got that far in, rip.

The entries are mostly what each Pokemon makes me think of when I look at them. Editing them was necessary in order to remove mentions of death, soul-stealing, and similar things that don't exist in Spork. But I do understand why the entries are jarring to people. The Pokedex is supposed to be a device created by professional researchers to record information on Pokemon behavior and habitat, and it's strange seeing what's written there in Spork. I briefly considered just not giving the player a Pokedex to begin with, but that could make it difficult for people to keep track of all the Pokemon they've caught, especially for people who do try to complete the Pokedex. 

I'm happy you enjoy the game despite the Pokedex weirdness though! ^^ 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, rayyan said:

Sorry I may look stupid asking this but is delicias delicious dreamland different from Pokemon spork 

Yes. Delicia's Delicious Dreamland is a side game that focuses on Delicia and Felicia. It includes Delicia meeting her Pokemon for the first time, Felicia's first magic show, how they joined Team Portal, and other events. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

Do you think you'll ever add more custom shinies? I know some of them are like reborn's but it'd be cool if more were unique colors exclusive to this game.

I hadn't intended on doing any outside of the Holiday Pokemon + other special occasions because there's so many Pokemon that it sounds x . x 

If I did I'd probably mainly focus on ones with shinies that are already very similar to the normal Pokemon like Abra, but for the most part I'll probably stick with the canon shinies.

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

reuploaded with the following fixes & updates

-fixed Delicia's shiny Mareep in the first and second battle also. Hopefully it should be fixed in every battle now. I hadn't realized I consistently forgot a comma in every battle with her when defining her Mareep's properties, and that's what made it display as a shadow Pokemon instead of a shiny

-Goodra now learns Power Whip at level 50 (Gen 7) instead of 55 (Gen 6)

-added legendary quest for ZeraoraORAORAORAORAORAORA, which wasn't in before because I forgot it existed

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, babz16 said:

will there be multiple save files ever?

It's possible to have multiple save files in Pokemon fangames by going into the C drive on your PC, then Users -> the name of your PC -> Saved Games -> the folder of the fangame in Saved Games -> and then renaming the "Game" data file in there (usually people rename it Game1). Then you can start a new file in the game while still having your old file, and can switch between them at any time by renaming them. 

I hope that made sense. I'm not very good at wording things + my brain is fried and I'm going to sleep soon (was just checking the forums before sleeping) so if it didn't, here's a video I found that shows the process: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jzsX4e3sII this video is for Reborn and Rejuvenation but works with Spork too, + all other fangames made using RMXP & Essentials. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Wagwanpiffting wats ur bbm said:

2 questions 1.is it playable on my phone 2.if so how?

RPG Maker games are for PC and can't be played on mobile. IIRC there have been a few people over the years who tried to make RPG Maker/Essentials fangames playable on mobile but the attempts were not successful.

To play, you need to download from the link in the first post, and then when it's finished downloading, extract the files from the folder. Inside the extracted folder, double click the "Game" program with the orange icon to start the game. 

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, babz16 said:

what is the chance to find a pokemon with its HA? 

For Pokemon with two possible abilities, I assume it's a 50/50 chance of getting either ability, or whatever chance it is to get a second ability in the official games, since the hidden ability was switched to the second ability slot. 

For Pokemon with three possible abilities:

image.thumb.png.dbe0f49e8a1b1e58505cfcf2b2ed07d8.png

So I may have skipped over text, and missed where I'm supposed to go. Where is the space station after defeating the champion?

EDIT: And not too long after I ask, I find the place. Thanks anyway! Having said that, I do have a potential bug to report. Sometimes, Pollen Puff doesn't work on Ribombee. It wouldn't hit a Shiftry, Arbok, or Serperior, saying the move "didn't effect" them.

• Global Mods
26 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

So I may have skipped over text, and missed where I'm supposed to go. Where is the space station after defeating the champion?

EDIT: And not too long after I ask, I find the place. Thanks anyway! Having said that, I do have a potential bug to report. Sometimes, Pollen Puff doesn't work on Ribombee. It wouldn't hit a Shiftry, Arbok, or Serperior, saying the move "didn't effect" them.

I'm glad you were able to find the space station! That's strange about Pollen Puff though. Bulbapedia says that Pollen Puff is one of the moves Bulletproof blocks, but none of the Pokemon you mentioned have that ability. And I don't think there's any other move or ability that negates Pollen Puff. I'm going to bed but I'll test when I can.