Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

I have some very exciting news to share today!

Palletite has returned! Not only that, but her sister Punkeev is assisting her in making sprites! A lot of progress has already been made, and everything they've done looks amazing. I'm happy that Palletite is feeling better enough to return, and I'm happy to have Punkeev offering assistance as well. (Punkeev also inspired me to start posting again more outside of the Spork thread, haha) 

Here's one they worked on together that's been finished: Strawberry!

image.png.b89acee308b190e226662167e2f70201.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, punkeev said:

Thank you,,

If there is feedback anyone would like to make about the current sprites as well (design wise); please do not hesitate in sending me a PM. yay

The only gripe I have in terms of the 🍓 sprite is that the outline around the legs seems to contrast with the rest of the sprite a bit, but it’s still an amazing piece of work nonetheless. Kudos ❤️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Hi! I have a lot of things to talk about today.

First I'd like to thank the following people for participating in the video appreciation project for Palletite: Ame, DemICE, Monika/Azure, Lykos, Solviera, Amine/MC Kapper, Filthy, Seki108, J-Awesome One, FairFamily, Candy, TeamPlayerSwampert, Maria, Drago, Enigma Shot U, Groniack, Riku/Luciano, NatJones, and kingjrcasanova (and anyone else if I forgot anyone; I'm sorry if I did ^^'). And of course Punkeev/Steffi for coming up with the idea and making the video! Palletite appreciated all of your messages very much.

Second: I forgot to mention, but the day before yesterday I reuploaded Delicia's Delicious Dreamland with the new sprites for characters that appear in there, and I also reuploaded Spork with the updated sprites for characters in the public release today too. As for future content, only one sprite is remaining now: Punkeev/Steffi wanted to make some adjustments to Triston. 

Third: starting tomorrow around noon (EST), I'm going to be away for around a week, and I'll only have mobile internet access and not for long periods of time or very often during the day. I don't really want to go into many details (and I don't honestly know all the details myself), but this wasn't my decision. I'm sad and scared, but I'll do my best to be okay. I apologize in advance if anyone posts in the thread during that time to ask questions, give feedback, or report bugs and it takes me a while to respond.

Finally, I'd like to thank Palletite and Punkeev/Steffi again for all of your help. Making sprites (along with art in general) isn't something I can do myself, and I'm very grateful to have such amazing artists on the Spork team. You've both done so much for me even though I'm not able to do anything for you in return, and have been inspirations to me on a personal level as well. I really hope you're able to achieve all of your goals in life. 

• Like 5

I am very sorry but I have to cancel the French translation project, due to losing motivation as I completely lost the files 3 times (once due to harddrive failure, once due to Upgrading to windows 10, and  the last time due to one flash drive being stolen at school AND someone accidentaly walking on my backup flash drive.) I really really tried to keep motivation and start a 4th time, but I really can't, I am very sorry, ICSW. I hope you understand

• Like 1

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, cybershell12 said:

I am very sorry but I have to cancel the French translation project, due to losing motivation as I completely lost the files 3 times (once due to harddrive failure, once due to Upgrading to windows 10, and  the last time due to one flash drive being stolen at school AND someone accidentaly walking on my backup flash drive.) I really really tried to keep motivation and start a 4th time, but I really can't, I am very sorry, ICSW. I hope you understand

I understand. I'm sorry that all that happened to you. Thank you for all the work you've done for Spork. I wish you the best for your own project Sohwon, and in life as a whole as well. 

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

Due to some scary stuff that happened yesterday, I'm back early. I'm safe now and am very happy to be back home 😄 

Here are some drawings I meant to post some time ago. A little after Strawberry's sprite was finished, a conversation with Punkeev/Steffi encouraged me to draw the fruit-based characters. At first I was going to color them, but I didn't have all the colors. I'm not very good at drawing but maybe they'll make some people smile! ^_^ 

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for this wonderful game !

I was wondering what is the shiny encounter rate in this game ? I've been trying to get a shiny absol for the past week and I haven't seen a single shiny pokemon yet :s. 

Keep up the good work !!!

• Like 1

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Talrasha said:

Thanks for this wonderful game !

I was wondering what is the shiny encounter rate in this game ? I've been trying to get a shiny absol for the past week and I haven't seen a single shiny pokemon yet :s. 

Keep up the good work !!!

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

The shiny rate is the same as it is in the official games I think. I haven't edited it. The Shiny Charm is available in Tullborn (the city where the 10th gym is), though, so that might help with searching for one. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

The shiny rate is the same as it is in the official games I think. I haven't edited it. The Shiny Charm is available in Tullborn (the city where the 10th gym is), though, so that might help with searching for one. 

The same as Gen. II, Gen. III, Gen. IV, Gen. V (1/8192) or like Gen. VI, Gen. VII who dropped it at (1/4096) ? And I already have the Shiny Charm but thanks for the tips pretty sure it will be useful for someone else as well !

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Talrasha said:

The same as Gen. II, Gen. III, Gen. IV, Gen. V (1/8192) or like Gen. VI, Gen. VII who dropped it at (1/4096) ? And I already have the Shiny Charm but thanks for the tips pretty sure it will be useful for someone else as well !

I just checked the script editor in Essentials and it says this:

image.png.9f03ef575d08f0973fba597b651531c2.png

I don't know which of those numbers this would translate to, though. 

! Oh, while I'm here, I'd like to thank Solviera for this early birthday present! 😄 I decided to give it to DJ Ultra Beats, so you can look forward to seeing it in the next/final episode!

Kz24jAboN7UAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I just checked the script editor in Essentials and it says this:

image.png.9f03ef575d08f0973fba597b651531c2.png

I don't know which of those numbers this would translate to, though. 

! Oh, while I'm here, I'd like to thank Solviera for this early birthday present! 😄 I decided to give it to DJ Ultra Beats, so you can look forward to seeing it in the next/final episode!

Kz24jAboN7UAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Dang that Mega Ampharos looks dope !

So basically 8/65536 it means it's at 1/8192 like in old gens. Sorry for bothering can't wait to see what's in the final episode ! 😄

• Like 2

I finished the release a while ago and I have to tell, it was an awesome experience!

I was playing spork when I was having a break from studying for my exams and it really helped me cheer up, something I really needed since exams in general stress me a lot 🙂

Thanks for the great game! I am eagerly waiting for the next release!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, groniack said:

I finished the release a while ago and I have to tell, it was an awesome experience!

I was playing spork when I was having a break from studying for my exams and it really helped me cheer up, something I really needed since exams in general stress me a lot 🙂

Thanks for the great game! I am eagerly waiting for the next release!

I'm really happy to know Spork cheered you up during exams! 😄 

Reuploaded replacing Delicia's Swirlix with a shiny Mareep. Solviera gave me another amazing early birthday present!

kqLJIA84AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I decided to give Delicia this one because she was the only rival not to get a Mega Evolution, since none of the Pokemon she used could mega evolve, and this candy Ampharos fits perfectly on her food-themed team. I also reuploaded Delicia's Delicious Dreamland changing Swirlix to shiny Mareep (additionally, Delicia can no longer walk through NPCs' food in the Friend Ship). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi ! Is it possible for Zorua to be somewhere else than Opaque Valley ? I've been farming for my shiny absol for the past week and I haven't seen a single Zorua. Take care and keep up the good work can't wait for the final update !

• Global Mods
Just now, Talrasha said:

Hi ! Is it possible for Zorua to be somewhere else than Opaque Valley ? I've been farming for my shiny absol for the past week and I haven't seen a single Zorua. Take care and keep up the good work can't wait for the final update !

I thought I put them in Opaque Valley, but according to the encounters.txt they're not anywhere O . O 

image.png.6daa6a5eb8f1b1bdc158e4730c2ff2ff.png

I don't believe I've ever gone back and changed the encounters there, since I only did that for areas where I added Gen 7 Pokemon after implementing them. So I guess I meant to put them there originally and forgot that's where I was going to put them when I was setting the encounters. I'll change it for Zorua to appear there tomorrow. ^^

Do I have to re-download the game tomorrow after your update or with my version it will be fine ?

And about the Shiny encounters will you keep it at 1/8192 (8/65536) or you will increase it like in gens 5-6 at 1/4096 (16/65536) or even more if your willing to ? I believe it will be more easier but still challenging for players in general to get their favorite shiny pokemon in a more enjoyable way than farming and hoping for a miracle to happen. I mean even at 1/4096 you still have close to 0.002 % chance which is still really low but still better than 0.001% :x.

Edited by Talrasha
Messed up 8x2 lmao

• Global Mods
Just now, Talrasha said:

Do I have to re-download the game tomorrow after your update or with my version it will be fine ?

And about the Shiny encounters will you keep it at 1/8192 (8/65536) or you will increase it like in gens 5-6 at 1/4096 (18/65536) or even more if your willing to ? I believe it will be more easier but still challenging for players in general to get their favorite shiny pokemon in a more enjoyable way than farming and hoping for a miracle to happen. I mean even at 1/4096 you still have close to 0.002 % chance which is still really low but still better than 0.001% :x.

After I reupload, you would need to download again, since your current version was downloaded before the change would have been made. Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;

I'll raise the shiny rate to the current gens. Would you happen to know what number I should replace 8 with for that?

After I reupload, you would need to download again, since your current version was downloaded before the change would have been made. Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;

I'll raise the shiny rate to the current gens. Would you happen to know what number I should replace 8 with for that?

image.png.9f03ef575d08f0973fba597b651531c2.png In the script section Settings is a variable called SHINYPOKEMONCHANCE. This is the rarity of shiny Pokémon (8 by default). The odds of a Pokémon being shiny will be this number divided by 65536, so the lower this number is, the rarer they are. In the most recent version, the number is the double = 16.

I've played Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation for quite a while now and they put the number at 700/65536 which is about 1.07% and it's truly enjoyable people are loving it ! 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
On 7/2/2018 at 10:40 PM, Talrasha said:

image.png.9f03ef575d08f0973fba597b651531c2.png In the script section Settings is a variable called SHINYPOKEMONCHANCE. This is the rarity of shiny Pokémon (8 by default). The odds of a Pokémon being shiny will be this number divided by 65536, so the lower this number is, the rarer they are. In the most recent version, the number is the double = 16.

I've played Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation for quite a while now and they put the number at 700/65536 which is about 1.07% and it's truly enjoyable people are loving it ! 

Reuploaded with Zorua now appearing at Opaque Valley and increased shiny chance to Reborn and Rejuvenation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1