Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Elios said:

I highly recommend you to update the main post with more screenshots like Reborn or Rejuvenations do. I think it would give people a better image of what to expect before download the game. 

I considered adding the 13th Gym Leader's battle, but didn't want to spoil the leader's identity in this case, so I posted a screenshot of her under spoiler tags instead. I'm currently still deciding what screenshot from recent content to use. 

EDIT: How about this one?

oUDl2d9jQUm4bGU22lf21g.png

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well I found 2 bugs. 

Hide contents

First I could acquire moltress which might be exclusive for me.

Second moltress didn't dissapear when obtained.

Mesprit and Moltres' quests are tied together. After the events you were able to activate because I forgot to set the "Defeated Elite Four" switch, Moltres becomes obtainable.

Most legendary Pokemon don't disappear when obtained and this is intentional. From an in-universe perspective it's more of a them lending you their power thing (like being able to call upon them, ex: calling your friends and deciding to meet up somewhere) than you catching them. 

Yeah I figured as much for the first one, still thought you should know.

Minor bug 

Spoiler

leaving the hot springs or the observatory brings you to Umira instead of the gates.

Also minior seems to be super bugged

- pink form seems to be the shield up form for minior 

- It's base special attack and special defense are switched in shield upform (don't know about shield down form) .

- At exactly 50% it seems to be switching back and forth between forms.

- Power gem has 70 base power instead of the 80

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Yeah I figured as much for the first one, still thought you should know.

Minor bug 

Hide contents

leaving the hot springs or the observatory brings you to Umira instead of the gates.

Also minior seems to be super bugged

- pink form seems to be the shield up form for minior 

- It's base special attack and special defense are switched in shield upform (don't know about shield down form) .

- At exactly 50% it seems to be switching back and forth between forms.

- Power gem has 70 base power instead of the 80

The first one is intended. Due to how surf map transfers work (they have their own script different from standard map transfers) it was simpler to just have them transport the player to land. (and by that I mean it saved me a few minutes of time that it would take to search for the script on the Essentials wiki)

The rest aren't intended and I'll look into them. I knew that Minior always displayed as Shields Down form even before the ability activated, but I didn't know there were issues with the ability itself too. 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, junaid said:

i am stuck after completing mt.comet and the astral observatory event  cant enter gym  says visit mt.comet and observatory first

I just went through the content between the 12th and 13th gyms using a save file that was at that point in the game, and I was able to enter the gym after doing the events at the Astral Observatory and Mt. Comet. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but if you send me your save file, I'll try to fix it for you. 

18 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I just went through the content between the 12th and 13th gyms using a save file that was at that point in the game, and I was able to enter the gym after doing the events at the Astral Observatory and Mt. Comet. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but if you send me your save file, I'll try to fix it for you. 

here is my save file plz help me fast 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, junaid said:

here is my save file plz help me fast 

Game.rxdata

When I loaded up your game, I was able to enter the gym with no problems. I checked your variables in debug mode and "Mt. Comet", the variable that needs to be at 2 in order to enter the gym, was at 2. It's really strange, but you're in the gym now. Hopefully you'll be able to enter it again if you leave to heal, but if not, let me know and I'll send you back inside. 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods

I was going to make the soup or emotional post where I thank everyone who helped me once I finished the Battle Frontier (which I think I'll have finished by the end of the weekend barring unforeseen circumstances), but due to a medical emergency that someone (not me) experienced about half an hour ago (everything seems to have calmed down now, but who knows if it could come back later), I'm going to do so now. There's a saying that you should express your love and gratitude to people as often as you can, because you might not be able to tomorrow. I don't believe that death is real; as I've said before I believe the planet Cerri is our real home where we were born and where we'll return to. Therefore, I don't believe in such a thing as the possibility of no tomorrow or not being able to talk to someone ever again. But in case of future events like this happening, I'd still like to take this opportunity to thank everyone. I'm also going to talk a bit about future plans while I'm here. 

First: About the extra thing after the postgame I mentioned, I'm going with the plan to work on it later (probably around October or November). Three people know what this extra thing is. 

Second: Rejuvenation's Where Love Lies inspired me to do a side episode of my own. It's something I've been thinking about since I first played WLL in its beta. This side episode will focus on Delicia and Felicia, with the player as Delicia. Everything for it (except the title) is already planned out, since I've wanted to do something showcasing past events for a while (I considered a prequel a long time ago, but lost interest in that idea). Delicia and Felicia are two of my favorite characters in Spork, and I'm looking forward to doing this. I'll give more details about this once I finish the Battle Frontier. I'm still deciding on a name, though... "Delicia's Delicious _?" Is there a word that starts with d that means something like "adventures"? I considered "Delicia's Delicious Drama" but that kind of makes it sound like Delicia is gossiping about people. 

And now, it's time to thank people! Hopefully I don't forget anyone ^^'

Kirbie: I thought I was in way over my head at first, because I had no experience at all with anything involving game-making. I told you about my ideas and you were the one who pushed me towards downloading Essentials, and you've offered feedback on many parts of the game. It's because of a conversation I remembered us having in 2014 that every non-legendary Pokemon is available as a starter, which I consider to be one of Spork's strongest points. You gave advice for 1.6's map revamps, and you were especially detailed for how Virima City should look like. 

There were some things I wasn't able to do due to Essentials and RPG Maker limitations along with my own lack of experience with game design. Your idea for the Pandora battle at Norall Mountain was to have infinite grunts/agents battle the player until the player was down to their last Pokemon, at which point Articuno would show up and the agents would run, then the player and Articuno would battle Pandora with the player having one Pokemon left. Although I'm happy with what I was able to make of that event, I do wish I could've done that. 

You turned down ideas that you thought didn't make sense, and explained why. Sometimes I discarded those ideas outright, and sometimes I was able to use your feedback in order to change those ideas and present them in a way that would make them usable. 

Without you, Spork either wouldn't exist or wouldn't have many of its current features. And more than that, I wouldn't be who I am today without you. 

Palletite: I've told you this probably a thousand times, but I'm extremely thankful to you for offering to revamp Spork's sprites. Of all the aspects of game-making, art was the one I was least confident in my ability to do. I was really happy when I saw your first message offering sprite assistance, and I was (and still am) very impressed with your sprites. I'm sorry that I haven't always given very many details to work with. But when you return, I think you'll be happy to know two things:

1. I've planned out more design details for the remaining characters in advance. 

2. No one left has black hair. 

I hope you're doing well in university. 

Punkeev: Thank you for letting me know that Palletite is doing okay. At the time I emailed, I was actually starting to have nightmares about this situation, so I'm very relieved to know she's okay. I'm happy that you and Palletite liked Yoru91's fanart, and I let him know that you did. 

cybershell12: If you hadn't decided to redesign Spork's badges, they probably would've remained in the state they used to be in for the rest of Spork's development. It's also pretty neat that you're translating the game to French. I'm sorry if any of the dialogue changes from the past few months have caused you to have to redo any of the translation. But aside from correcting any more typos I find, I think I've changed all I want to change. It takes a lot of dedication for a single person to translate an entire game. 

Yoru91: I was honored when you first messaged me and said I captured the spirit of Pokemon in my game, and that you had backstories for your player character in the game. I love all the fanart you've made too, and you've been very helpful with testing. I hope Hollow Dreams goes well and I look forward to playing it when it's out.

Dari: Originally I planned just to ask you for advice with spriting so I could make things easier on Palletite, but I woke up one day to see you had done the next leader's sprite. I wasn't expecting that and I was amazed. I wish you the best for Project Zenith and I look forward to playing it. 

SilverHelio: You named Sushi, the character in front of the door to the Dark Dungeon and in the Dream Shrine/Torchic sidequest, who also serves a role in the postgame. I actually didn't have a name planned for her at all until I showed her to you and you suggested it. Sushi is a cute name. 

GalacticMarshmallow: When I first announced Holiday Pokemon, you helped expand the idea by suggesting areas that only Holiday Pokemon have access to and rewards for going to those areas. When I first thought of the idea, I didn't have anything like that planned. It was just going to be a cute gimmick where players could become a holiday-themed Pokemon, but your suggestions made it better. 

Wavesteel: You had some of the most detailed constructive criticism in the thread, and your feedback is the reason that all TVs and trash cans have unique text in Spork. I'm not sure if you're still around, but thank you for that. 

Nakuto: Like Yoru91, you've also been helpful with testing. You've found some interesting bugs that no one else has found, both in the public release and my own constantly updating copy of the game. Thank you for offering me a copy of your save file after everything on my computer was wiped out. That helped me get right back into development and saved me a lot of time. 

Sr. F: Before I made Spork, I watched your playthrough of Reborn when I was stuck on puzzles. I've kept up with your Spork playthrough too, and from watching your videos I've found bugs and typos that I didn't notice in development. I think all of the typos from episodes 2 and 3 that I've corrected are ones I noticed from watching your playthrough. You're very thorough, talking to every NPC and doing every sidequest and event that you find, so that also helps in that regard. 

And of course, thanks to everyone else who plays the game! I was very nervous about publicly releasing Spork at first, but I've received a lot of helpful feedback both in this thread and PMs, and a lot of supportive comments during periods where I was burned out. Thank you all for your interest in the game, and I hope you enjoy the rest of what's to come for Spork (and the Delicia episode)!

@GreenDecidueyeArrow, who posted while I was typing this up :P: I'm not sure about the EV berries, but this post explains the situation with hidden abilities. 

image.thumb.png.dbe0f49e8a1b1e58505cfcf2b2ed07d8.png

If you'd like any alterations to your EVs or abilities, you can send me your save file and I'll change them for you. 

• Like 3

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following fixes:

-fixed a typo where Belladonna said "Save travels" instead of "Safe travels"

-fixed some Shields Down issues thanks to FairFamily

I've finally finished the Battle Frontier! :D So here are more details on the Delicia side game

GAMEPLAY

Since Delicia has three Pokemon at the start of Spork (Lickitung, Swirlix, and Vanillite) those are the Pokemon you'll get through the course of the game. In order to prevent the player from evolving them, they'll be at level 100. Every trainer you battle will also have level 100 Pokemon (they'll all be first stage like Delicia's). You'll get access to the move relearner in case you want moves from previous levels. 

STORY

As mentioned, this episode focuses on Delicia and Felicia. The events it covers includes but is not limited to:

-Delicia meeting her Pokemon for the first time!

-Felicia performing her first magic show!

-The Party District (literally) splitting from Olidroll and becoming Party City!

-Felicia and Delicia joining Team Portal!

along with some appearances from other characters like Natalie, Chelsea, and DJ Ultra Beats! 

Although I'm saving the extra thing for later in the year, work on the Delicia episode will start tomorrow. (I'm still trying to think of a third word for the title, though...) I'm going to attempt Delicia's backsprite myself; hopefully it comes out good ^^'

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Both of these happened late yesterday, but

I've decided on a name for the Delicia Episode! Delicia's Delicious Dreamland! Although it was uninentional, I thought about how Delicia is similar to Kirby: both of them really like food, both are adorable and perfect, neither speaks much outside of specific phrases (Kirby says "Hiiii" and "poyo" and Delicia only speaks in food), and Kirby is pink while Delicia has pink hair. So I made the title a Kirby reference ^_^ 

I think Delicia's Delicious Dreamland will take somewhere between 2 - 3 weeks to complete, but that's just an estimate and it may come sooner or later.

I said I would attempt Delicia's backsprite myself, but after I made one and posted it somewhere for feedback, someone made a better one! Thanks again to Candy for this: 

trback011.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, the red guy said:

anybody know where to get a luvdisc. i need one more heart scale for a sidequest

Virima City (Good Rod, Super Rod), Bolaii Beach (Good Rod, Super Rod), Inoset Island (Surf, Super Rod), Sea of
Knowledge (Surf, Super Rod)

There's a notepad file in the game folder called "obtainablepokemon" that lists the currently available Pokemon along with their locations

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following fixes:

-set the "Defeated Elite Four" switch as a condition for Cresselia to appear at the Astral Observatory at night, which I seem to have forgotten to do before

-fixed a typo with the "Is A Belle" simulation, where her defeat speech was "Is a bell Isabelle?" instead of "Is a belle Isabelle?"

-the Sierran and Spade prototypes in Isabelle's gym no longer turn to face the player when spoken to after receiving the orb from them