Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

I could just be being really daft here.... but how do I evolve eevee into espeon and umbreon? I've levelled it up in the day and night, no evolution... tried friendship berries, says it adores me and no evolution, I've checked the obtainable pokemon and I'm about pulling my hair out haha any help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase :D

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, NatJones said:

I could just be being really daft here.... but how do I evolve eevee into espeon and umbreon? I've levelled it up in the day and night, no evolution... tried friendship berries, says it adores me and no evolution, I've checked the obtainable pokemon and I'm about pulling my hair out haha any help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase :D

It should still be max happiness in day/night. Unless your Eevee is from before mid-June 2017, all Pokemon should have max happiness by default too. If you send me your save file, I can evolve it for you into whichever one you want and try to figure out why it hasn't evolved. 

9 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It should still be max happiness in day/night. Unless your Eevee is from before mid-June 2017, all Pokemon should have max happiness by default too. If you send me your save file, I can evolve it for you into whichever one you want and try to figure out why it hasn't evolved. 

Ah thank you!:D

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, NatJones said:

Ah thank you!:D

Game.rxdata

Your Eevee's happiness was 136. I raised it to 255. I wasn't sure whether you wanted Espeon or Umbreon so I didn't evolve it, but since it's level 1 it shouldn't take long to evolve. 

I checked pokemon.txt and I didn't forget to change Eevee's happiness to 255, so this is strange...do Pokemon that hatch from eggs start with a different amount of happiness than Pokemon caught in the wild or obtained from events? EDIT: I just noticed you had two Eevee in your party. The second one's happiness was 132 so I raised that one to 255 also.

Game.rxdata

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Your Eevee's happiness was 136. I raised it to 255. I wasn't sure whether you wanted Espeon or Umbreon so I didn't evolve it, but since it's level 1 it shouldn't take long to evolve. 

I checked pokemon.txt and I didn't forget to change Eevee's happiness to 255, so this is strange...do Pokemon that hatch from eggs start with a different amount of happiness than Pokemon caught in the wild or obtained from events? EDIT: I just noticed you had two Eevee in your party. The second one's happiness was 132 so I raised that one to 255 also.

Game.rxdata

Ah thank you, you are a star! :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

A Pokémon's friendship is generally set when the player first obtains it. When a Pokémon is first caught from the wild, its friendship starts at its base friendship value. Trading a Pokémon also resets its friendship to its base value, unless it is being traded back to its original Trainer in Generation VI or later, in which case it regains the friendship it had before being traded away. A Pokémon caught in a Friend Ball starts with 200 friendship instead of its base friendship, while a Pokémon hatched from an Egg starts with 120 friendship

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship

@Ice Cream Sand Witch it is indeed different.

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following updates and fixes:

-added a move tutor to the Battle Mall for the Pledge moves

-Pokemon now have max happiness when hatching from eggs and when caught by a Friend Ball

It's kind of funny that since Friend Balls set a Pokemon's happiness to 200, they were actually lowering it XD

• Global Mods

WEEKLY SERIES 5 - FINAL ENTRY

(no picture this time because it's just covering the misc things that weren't an entry on their own)

SPACE

Agne's space crew was attacked two years ago. On Cerri, space travel actually isn't as advanced yet as it is on Earth. It was in 2014 that Kirbie told me the first crew recently went out to space and got attacked. So it's actually been longer than 2 years now, I just went with how long it's been since it happened when I first had Crolea explain it in the game. The space crew from Cerri is okay now, but I don't know if they've gone back. I think I remember Kirbie mentioning that there's an extraterrestrial organization that doesn't want us to go to space yet, but I'm not sure if that was the motive for the attack on the space crew. It isn't the motive for the space crew being attacked in Spork though.

UNUSED TRAINER CLASSES/ARTIST AND ATHLETIC BODY TYPES

There are two main kinds of artists and three main kinds of athletes on Cerri. 

For the artists, there's creative artists and power artists. Creative artists make art as a form of self-expression or just for the beauty of art itself, while power artists use art in combat. In combat, power artists are 100% offense-focused. From what I know, I think any kind of art can be either creative or power depending on how it's used. A creative artist can design a machine, and a power artist can make it work. They often work together for reasons like this. Artistic body types are more flexible than athletic body types.

I'd say that Meloetta's Aria form is a creative artist while its Pirouette form is a power artist. 

For the athletes, there are epopts, infantry, and juggernauts. Epopts have the highest speed and jumping ability, while juggernauts have the highest strength and durability. Infantry are in the middle. They're faster than people who aren't athletes, but they're not as fast as epopts. They're stronger than people who aren't athletes, but they aren't as strong as juggernauts. 

Very early on before development in RPG Maker/Essentials started, I considered making these five body types as trainer classes, but Kirbie was against the idea so I didn't. Before we knew what we know now about artists, we thought epopts were the flexible ones. It wasn't until later that we learned artists are the ones with the highest flexibility. The reason Kirbie was against using them as trainer classes is because what we originally thought about epopts was wrong, and we didn't want to risk making trainer classes based off these body types in case we still have a misconception or two about them. 

It should also be noted that senses and physical ability are higher on Cerri than on Earth. For example, epopts can jump over several-story buildings. But even people who aren't athletes or artists or have some other specialization have higher stats than on Earth. 

PUMPKINS

There's a shady businessman on Cerri who wears a pumpkin mask. I forget his name, but I remember some details about his personal life. One part of that relates to Barker, but I can't say what it is since along with one of the assumptions I made about the Data Vault, it would also spoil his reason for wanting to go there. But Barker as a whole isn't supposed to based on him, just this one detail. 

I think that's everything. I had fun making these entries, and I hope they were also fun to read ^_^

Battle Frontier progress: After last week, I actually haven't been able to work on it until yesterday. Daylight savings time messed with my sleep schedule, and it's also been a busy week for me on the site for staff-related reasons. But I should be back to working on it regularly now. I don't really have an estimate for how long the final facility will take. I could see it being done a week from now, but I could also see it taking longer. The planning part for specific data I need to work with will take more time than the implementation. (this makes it sound like it's more complicated than it really is but I'm trying not to spoil anything)

Anyone got a clue as to how to get the Team Portal guy at the front of the big building in Aliore City? I've completed the fifth gym, done a few Ranger missions, and got as far as I could in the sand castle, as well as acquired Celesteela. But all the guy says is "No one is allowed in at this time."

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

Anyone got a clue as to how to get the Team Portal guy at the front of the big building in Aliore City? I've completed the fifth gym, done a few Ranger missions, and got as far as I could in the sand castle, as well as acquired Celesteela. But all the guy says is "No one is allowed in at this time."

Bolaii Beach. Aliora City is where the fourth gym is. But you have to talk to Chelsea or Emily, then battle Cherry at the Rap Battle House, then go back to Chelsea and Emily to start the events in that building.

That's what I meant. Bolaii beach, where I already battled Cherry. But...where are Chelsea and/or Emily? Back in Aliore?

I guess I could just find them by looking around. Not like they'd suddenly disappear just to troll me.

Okay...where is the fifth gym? It's not in Bolaii Beach, that's for sure.

Where did Chelsea run off to, anyway? She's the one I have to go face for the fifth badge. But I have no clue where the town is I have to go to, because it is NOT Bolaii Beach.

And how do you use Surf, Dive, Cut, etc.?

Edited by Mewtwo Prime

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

That's what I meant. Bolaii beach, where I already battled Cherry. But...where are Chelsea and/or Emily? Back in Aliore?

I guess I could just find them by looking around. Not like they'd suddenly disappear just to troll me.

Okay...where is the fifth gym? It's not in Bolaii Beach, that's for sure.

Where did Chelsea run off to, anyway? She's the one I have to go face for the fifth badge. But I have no clue where the town is I have to go to, because it is NOT Bolaii Beach.

And how do you use Surf, Dive, Cut, etc.?

Chelsea and Emily should still be in the same place as they were before you battled Cherry. There should be a ranger with them now too. 

Bolaii Beach is where the 5th gym battle is. You battle Chelsea there following the events in the BCC Building. 

At the point of the game you're at, you won't have any HM moves yet. You'll get them later on, and will be able to use them without needing to teach the moves to your Pokemon (with the exception of Fly). 

Oh, okay. Welp...I'm now past the Classic Park incident, and am now in Olidroll City. Thing is...I've no clue where Twilight Tavern is. I think that's where I need to go next.

And...I'm now the proud owner of a MEGA AERODACTYL!

Okay...nevermind. Not sure why the mega evolve prompt isn't showing up. When do you get the Mega Ring?

Edited by Mewtwo Prime

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

Oh, okay. Welp...I'm now past the Classic Park incident, and am now in Olidroll City. Thing is...I've no clue where Twilight Tavern is. I think that's where I need to go next.

And...I'm now the proud owner of a MEGA AERODACTYL!

Okay...nevermind. Not sure why the mega evolve prompt isn't showing up. When do you get the Mega Ring?

Mega Evolution requires a Mega Ring, which isn't available in episode 4 content. The Mega Ring will be obtained between the 15th and 16th gyms. 

Twilight Tavern is in the Recreation District of Olidroll, which is to the north of the Services District.

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

How soon until those gyms are made available? And I'm in the residential district. All I see are identical rows of houses. NO tavern.

I accidentally said Residential when I meant Recreation. Residential is east of Services while Recreation is north. 

About how soon until they're available, these two post explains the current situation, except instead of being up to the 14th gym I'm almost finished with the postgame now (just one more Battle Frontier facility, which I'm currently working on):

image.thumb.png.33b2ee795a8ecb56cdb612605718b37d.png

image.thumb.png.c8169423425726285d2b27c8e76e79d2.png

oh, okay. But...I've already scoured the Recreational area, as well. NO Tavern. Just the contest hall, dentist office, candy shop, and a couple other non-tavern buildings.

Correction: There's the Pokemon Fan Club, Trainer Fan Club, a locked gym, the park, and the contest hall.

Oh...nevermind. Apparently this "gym" is actually the tavern.

Edited by Mewtwo Prime

• Global Mods
Just now, Mewtwo Prime said:

oh, okay. But...I've already scoured the Recreational area, as well. NO Tavern. Just the contest hall, dentist office, candy shop, and a couple other non-tavern buildings.

The dentist's office and candy shop are in the services district. 

The Twilight Tavern is here, to the east of the Contest Hall, Pokemon Fan Club, and Trainer Fan Club:

image.png.fffd747574f09b3fe1a6e0af5340f916.png

Found it already. Anyway, it leads to the Olidroll Underground...and a rather irritating, hax-loving admin named Natalie. She's going to be greeted to a rather TOXIC awakening though...heh heh. My Salazzle is level 47, and easily capable of crushing even resistant Pokemon with her Toxic + Venoshock combo.

Typical whining AI response upon losing: "Okay...I wasn't expecting you to be that good." Other classics are "Urgh! No fair!" and "Did you cheat?"

Edited by Mewtwo Prime

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

Found it already. Anyway, it leads to the Olidroll Underground...and a rather irritating, hax-loving admin named Natalie. She's going to be greeted to a rather TOXIC awakening though...heh heh. My Salazzle is level 47, and easily capable of crushing even resistant Pokemon with her Toxic + Venoshock combo.

Typical whining AI response upon losing: "Okay...I wasn't expecting you to be that good." Other classics are "Urgh! No fair!" and "Did you cheat?"

The intent wasn't for her to whine. She doesn't deny your strength afterwards or think the player cheated or got lucky. She just assumed the player was a random messenger that wouldn't be prepared for what they were getting into.

There's just something satisfying about crushing AI trainers into a semi-comatose paste with a vastly superior team. I hate hax. I hate the cheap tactics that the AI resorts to on frequent occasion. So it gives me a viciously satisfying rush when I soundly whup an AI's team six ways from Sunday with my vastly superior team. There's no better feeling to me than rather forcibly reminding the AI just who the smarter entity is. This is how I achieve stress relief. Use the AI as a "punching bag".

Currently at badge #7.

Edited by Mewtwo Prime

• Global Mods

Something I originally planned to keep secret because I didn't know whether I was in over my head or not is that I considered trying some placeholder sprites once I finished the Battle Frontier (which is still being worked on). They wouldn't be anywhere close to Palletite's quality, but they'd hopefully be more than just recolors. I felt bad that I didn't always give very many details to work with, so if I could at least plan more design details in advance and try something better than just a recolor for a placeholder, maybe that would make it easier for Palletite. 

That isn't really what happened here, though. That's still in consideration, but I had mentioned this to Dari, who I planned to ask for advice with spriting if I decided to do this. I did tell Dari about the next Gym Leader, and was pleasantly surprised to wake up yesterday to a message from Dari with a sprite for her :D So I did overworld sprites for her, and now the public release goes up to the 13th gym (and one scene after leaving the gym upon getting the badge). Hopefully the overworld sprites I made for her are decent ^^

I should mention though that this is also an individual thing like the sprites for Gina, ICSW, and the Guardian. This will be as far as the public release goes until Palletite has enough time to return. 

The 13th leader's sprite is below in spoiler tags, for those who don't mind knowing before they play. And thanks again to Dari for making this! ^_^ 

aLqne8uAQcGcTikabQak7g.png