Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Twilightwing said:

Is their ETA on when Gen 7 is getting added?

Since Ame is planning on making a Gen 7 Essentials add-on usable for all fangames, it'll be when that's made. This was mentioned in the post where the non-binary player character was revealed. I imagine that will happen either during episode 3's development or after where it'll be a re-upload of ep 3. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Since Ame is planning on making a Gen 7 Essentials add-on usable for all fangames, it'll be when that's made. This was mentioned in the post where the non-binary player character was revealed. I imagine that will happen either during episode 3's development or after where it'll be a re-upload of ep 3. 

The reason why I ask is because I really want to use a Gen 7 pokemon in spork since you give us a lot of option of who is our starter

3 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

The reason why I ask is because I really want to use a Gen 7 pokemon in spork since you give us a lot of option of who is our starter

Well, it may seem like a small thing, but in Spork you can have Rowlet, Litten and Popplio and their evolutions. (Thanks for a Mod of course.)

3 minutes ago, Sr.F said:

Well, it may seem like a small thing, but in Spork you can have Rowlet, Litten and Popplio and their evolutions. (Thanks for a Mod of course.)

I know that the starters are inthe game from watching your vid ,but I wanna go try for like a Dewpider, Wimpod or even a Bounsweet. Btw will Type:Null be starter too ?

• Global Mods
Just now, Twilightwing said:

I know that the starters are inthe game from watching your vid ,but I wanna go try for like a Dewpider, Wimpod or even a Bounsweet. Btw will Type:Null be starter too ?

Type: Null will be a starter when Gen 7 is implemented, yes. 

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

Well another sidenote is that will you implement the memory sticks for Type:Null as hidden items across the region or make it a quest reward in later episodes?

They'll all be available at once in an episode 3 area called the Pokemon Research Institute, which is also where Type: Null's event will be for those who didn't choose it as a starter. 

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Hey, i remember at v1  i had cought a Seweaddle somewhere before Gina's  town.  Now however i cannot find it in any grass patches in any route. Has its location changed?

Sewaddle can be found in the Defense Room of Virima's EV Training Center, Forest Opening, and the Forest of Feeling.

Sewaddle can be found in the Defense Room of Virima's EV Training Center, Forest Opening, and the Forest of Feeling.

thanks for the fast reply :)

also 

Do you want me to be reporting various moves that have not  been updated for gen 6? (like thief having 40 power, or rock tomb having 50 power and 80% accur)   or you preffer some things to stay old fashioned

Does Sylveon evolve same way as in Reborn  ? max happiness + knowing fairy move?  (if yes then my eevee is not happy enough)

Edited by DemICE

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, DemICE said:

thanks for the fast reply :)

also 

Do you want me to be reporting various moves that have not  been updated for gen 6? (like thief having 40 power, or rock tomb having 50 power and 80% accur)   or you preffer some things to stay old fashioned

Does Sylveon evolve same way as in Reborn  ? max happiness + knowing fairy move?  (if yes then my eevee is not happy enough)

Eevee evolves into Sylveon through Shiny Stone. I made Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon evolve through stones. (Leaf, Ice, and Shiny respectively; Glaceon used to be Dawn before I added in the Ice Stone) The evolution stones for those three are noted in the obtainability list next to their names. 

I knew that some moves changed power, accuracy, etc. through generations but I wasn't aware of many specifics (and also didn't know they weren't up to date in Essentials v16), so that would be helpful. I'll update Thief and Rock Tomb now.

Not sure if this is intended or not but Wonky woods has some massive tiling errors. As if the Tileset was changed around or something and the woods weren't re-visited during the editing stages of development. There are light posts and house tiles in places where trees should be. I would post a screenshot but I'm not sure how to go about inserting pictures into forum posts.

• Global Mods
Just now, Enigma Shot U said:

Not sure if this is intended or not but Wonky woods has some massive tiling errors. As if the Tileset was changed around or something and the woods weren't re-visited during the editing stages of development. There are light posts and house tiles in places where trees should be. I would post a screenshot but I'm not sure how to go about inserting pictures into forum posts.

Wonky Woods is completely intended to be the way it is. This is explained by a character you meet there. It's not the only place that will be like this in the game. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Wonky Woods is completely intended to be the way it is. This is explained by a character you meet there. It's not the only place that will be like this in the game. 

Oh okay, my bad lol

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I haven't changed the shiny rate. The shiny chance is listed as "8" in the script though it doesn't say what that number is out of. 

Is there a second metal coat in the game? i used one to evolve my onix to steelix, but now i bred an onix with heavy slam and earthquake, and i realised i hve to find a second one...  
aaand neither the stone seller nor the dept store sells them.. :(

Edit:  i thieved one from a Bronzor.  but still.. xD

also another problem is,  the Onix line cannot get their  Hidden Ability  by any means.    not as a starter pokemon,  not as wild pokemon, not breeding, not  ability capsule....

Edited by DemICE

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, DemICE said:

Is there a second metal coat in the game? i used one to evolve my onix to steelix, but now i bred an onix with heavy slam and earthquake, and i realised i hve to find a second one...  
aaand neither the stone seller nor the dept store sells them.. :(

Edit:  i thieved one from a Bronzor.  but still.. xD

also another problem is,  the Onix line cannot get their  Hidden Ability  by any means.    not as a starter pokemon,  not as wild pokemon, not breeding, not  ability capsule....

There's not a second Metal Coat right now, but in episode 3 there's someone who sells all the items that make Pokemon evolve that way. 

When did you download episode 2? Later there was added a script that gives Pokemon the chance to have their hidden ability in the wild. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There's not a second Metal Coat right now, but in episode 3 there's someone who sells all the items that make Pokemon evolve that way. 

When did you download episode 2? Later there was added a script that gives Pokemon the chance to have their hidden ability in the wild. 

I'ts okay about the metal coat. Lucky that Bronzor managed to become available in one of the last areas of the game :P

3 days ago. but my onix was a starter, and then i bred a new one (since i wanted heavy slam). now that i think of it i didnt catch a wild one, but i thought the starter could count like one for the ability purposes.

Ability Capsules don't help either.   BUT they help in the case of sylveon.  Pixilate is a hidden ability, but it can switch between it and cute charm freely.   I think the problem is with pokemon that have 2 normal abilities and 1 hidden.

Also misty terrain does not work.  

Are you planning to implement field effects in the future?  The game files have the battlebacks of reborn's fields so that seems like a start.

Edited by DemICE

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, DemICE said:

3 days ago. but my onix was a starter, and then i bred a new one (since i wanted heavy slam). now that i think of it i didnt catch a wild one, but i thought the starter could count like one for the ability purposes.

Ability Capsules don't help either.   BUT they help in the case of sylveon.  Pixilate is a hidden ability, but it can switch between it and cute charm freely.   I think the problem is with pokemon that have 2 normal abilities and 1 hidden.

Also misty terrain does not work.  

Are you planning to implement field effects in the future?  The game files have the battlebacks of reborn's fields so that seems like a start.

I realized that issue exists after similar issues were had with Scolipede. The hidden ability script I received allows them to be found in the wild, but I assume only in the wild. I'll try to see if I can get Ability Capsules to allow hidden abilities for Pokemon with three abilities. EDIT: Tried copying Reborn's Ability Capsule code in ItemEffects and it caused an error (likely due to script differences since Reborn uses an older version of Essentials) so it seems like I can't for now. 

Some battle backgrounds from Reborn are used when they match the type of environment, but there won't be field effects. I'll fix Misty Terrain. 

Sugar Pea Baby is now an official team member of the Pokemon Spork team! Ideas for places, events, storyline and anything else is now my real little job in the game-making, so I'll now be posting here with little updates on little ideas I'm working on in the game. 

= u =

A toast to Spork and fabulous fashion! Raise your cup or whatever's in your hand or your favorite thing nearby! 

-Raises even smaller little sissy.-

So, here's my first update of Spork. The plans I'm working on now include a harder difficulty version of Spork with level-capped gym battles where you can't use items or switch Pokemon ahead of your opponent, just like battling a trainer in a battle foundation or p2p play. So, it's more challenge without unnecessary, unfun made-up stuff like "slower egg growth" or anything like that.

I'll be back with more new yummy meatballs soon!

• Upvote 2

• Global Mods
59 minutes ago, Sweet Power Baby said:

Sugar Pea Baby is now an official team member of the Pokemon Spork team! Ideas for places, events, storyline and anything else is now my real little job in the game-making, so I'll now be posting here with little updates on little ideas I'm working on in the game. 

= u =

A toast to Spork and fabulous fashion! Raise your cup or whatever's in your hand or your favorite thing nearby! 

So, here's my first update of Spork. The plans I'm working on now include a harder difficulty version of Spork with level-capped gym battles where you can't use items or switch Pokemon ahead of your opponent, just like battling a trainer in a battle foundation or p2p play. So, it's more challenge without unnecessary, unfun made-up stuff like "slower egg growth" or anything like that.

-raises ice cream sandwich-

SPB has been helping me from the beginning with Spork when it was still just an idea, but now she's even more directly involved, and I'm happy to have her assistance! :D

To add on to what she explained about the harder difficulty mode, this will be a separate download. There will be the Spork in the form it's always been, and then there will be a different download link below it which will have the Battle Tower-like Gym Leader fights. 

And as a progress update to ep 3, I mentioned three days ago that I was almost to the 8th gym battle. I'm now past that point and am working on the optional side areas near the location of the 8th gym. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sweet Power Baby said:

= u =

puns and memes marry  difficulty?   all my yes!