Pokemon GO

125 members have voted

1. 1. What team are you?

Idk if i posted here yet but i think this game needs a lot of polishing before I'll play it again

Sucks because it is a super cool concept but there's that

I have a starmie tho so it's lit :] it's a fun game to play in groups I gotta admit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heads up Reborn, the Halloween event has just started! While it's not really any new content, it's definitely better than not having much to do! Enjoy spawns of drowzee line, ghastly line, and abra line. I also have been finding more cubones recently? No idea if that's part of it.

Screenshot_20161025-164942.png

And my first catch for the spoopening

Screenshot_20161025-165249.png

Heads up Reborn, the Halloween event has just started! While it's not really any new content, it's definitely better than not having much to do! Enjoy spawns of drowzee line, ghastly line, and abra line. I also have been finding more cubones recently? No idea if that's part of it.

Screenshot_20161025-164942.png

And my first catch for the spoopening

Screenshot_20161025-165249.png

uh pocky are you sure that abra spawns more now

iirc the only affected lines are the gastly line, drowzee line, meowth line, cubone line and zubat line

by the way cubone and gastly are everywhere right now, they basically appear as much as pidgey and rattata, plus double candy

I hadnt caught a single cubone up until today and now I have like eight of them

also my gastly candy counter was lower than 25 this morning and now its at 131

go out and catch those spoops

pokemon go got updated today, friends. first off, you can no longer hatch rattata and pidgey from newly obtained eggs, and the eevee egg has been changed to 5km, as opposed to the 10km it used to be. furthermore, common pokemon (pidgey, rattata and zubat) will now be less common in the wild, their spawns replaced by another mon. its currently unclear whether this only applies to these three pokemon, or whether other common mons get some of their spawns replaced too.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, with the latest update, data for all of the gen 2 pokemon has actually been coded into the game itself. They are also beginning to expand the new, improved tracker to some more areas. My guess is that they both will become available within the next few updates

It appears that the last update added a way increased encounter rate. When near a lure, I really do get swamped with pokemon!

And I do appreciate the EXP bonuses. Being level 28, it takes 300,000 to the next level. Why am I leveling though? No idea...

what areas have trackers? I've heard they gave some people the new tracker system that tells them what stops they're close to but that's it.

there's still a huge problem with pokemon escaping and running constantly.

For now, it seems limited to the West Coast of the US (San Francisco Bay Area, Areas around Seattle WA, and parts of Arizona). While I haven't personally used it, I've heard this version is much better than the original tracker as you can actually pull up a map that shows the pokestop's location relative to you

So how would you feel if, instead of expanding the Pokedex per Generation annually (which isn't guaranteed, but that what it looks like it might be like...) we had weekly/bi-weekly/monthly events that introduced a few new Pokemon based on theme, not Generation. Here are examples:

Halloween (Already passed but for the sake of example) - Along with the increased encounter rates for Pokemon we saw, the game also introduced Murkrow, Honchkrow, Misdreavus, and Mismagius, and gave them Night only encounter rates after Halloween.

Early November - Night and Day encounter Pack - Sentret, Furret, Ledyba, and Ledian as Day only encounters and Hoothoot, Noctowl, Spinarak, and Ariados as Night only encounters.

Late November - Thanksgiving Celebration - Snorlax removed from eggs and Munchlax introduced, Lickitung nerf and Lickilicky introduced.

First Week of December - Leading to the Holidays 1 - Chingling and Chimecho added.

Second Week of December - Leading to the Holidays 2 - Deerling and Sawsbuck added.

Third Week of December - Leading to the Holidays 3 - Snover and Abomasnow added.

Fourth Week of December - Holiday Celebration - Delibird and Stantler added, and with them they bring new powerful Pokemon! Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyrantiar added.

Early January - New Year babies 1 - Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Mr. Mime removed from eggs, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Mime Jr. added.

Late January - New Year babies 2 - Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar removed from eggs, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby added. Togepi and Togetic added.

Early February - Valentines Day - Miltank and Luvdisc introduced. Increased encounter rates for these two along with Tauros, Smoochum, and Jynx.

This is what I was thinking we could see if Pokemon GO was designed this way.

Edited by ty_taurus

but it mostly wont despite ho it would be interesting. Its already been confirmed that in January we get the entire second gen, but their is no specific date on its release. They did show the cp for all the pokemon and I've already decided that I need a tyranitar.

Ooh, I thought it was confirmed for the summer. I suppose that changes things up a bit. Still though, I think events like that would've kept players into the game a lot more consistently, rather than flooding the gates with large events occasionally and having them die down again.

• 2 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT

ditto can now officially found in the wild. reportedly it appears as another pokemon in both the overworld and the nearby list, and only if you catch it, you will get an 'oh?' message, much like how you hatch eggs, and ditto will reveal itself.

ditto can be any pokemon, but supposedly its more common in common pokemon such as rattata, pidgey and zubat. they can be found virtually anywhere.