Pokemon GO

125 members have voted

1. 1. What team are you?

Oh man this is weird.

Pokemon spawn in the my neighbors' fenced off backyards.

Unless I want to get arrested or mauled by their dogs I ain't going for them.

Edited by 5hift

The servers seem to be struggling a lot, so the game keeps having trouble logging in due to them having server interruptions. Hopefully they'll be able to improve these.

From what I've played so far, the game is enjoyable, but not anything all that special, so I'll give it a bit more of a go, but it probably won't become a thing that I do.

I downloaded it, but I'm stuck. I customized my Trainer, confirmed the changes, and nothing's happening beyond that except for playing the music and letting me spin her around. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just bad luck on my end?

most likely the server's issue

Oh man this is weird.

Pokemon spawn in the my neighbors' fenced off backyards.

Unless I want to get arrested or mauled by their dogs I ain't going for them.

Yeah, I noticed that too before the servers made a mess of themselves.

Yesterday some friends and I went to catch pokemons around 11:30 PM (man that does sound a bit sad) and met around 10 other people catching pokemons. I was really surprised to see everyone playing so soon after the release and I expected some time until people started playing the game.

I enjoy what they did with the stardust (hey, finally stardust is useful for something) and with the candies. I have captured so many zubats I already have a 320 CP golbat, which is kind of nice. My area is full of water pokemons in gyms, I wish I had an electric pokemon, but they are really scarce around the area, alough I expected some at the power plant near the city, but there was none, kind of dissapointing.

For those of you (with androids) who can't download it, you can download the apk with your phone from here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

I downloaded it to try it out (still dno why, cause its quite bad imo). You can choose your starter since all 3 show up next to you and you need to click on one

So far I only got my charmander and my trainer is not even moving because the gps signal gets lost every 10sec..also I have no pokemon spawning anywhere near me without having to leave the house

• Global Mods

For those of you (with androids) who can't download it, you can download the apk with your phone from here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

Someone else on the forum made a status saying not to download the apk because Niantic is notorious for banning people from their servers and not lifting the bans.

• Global Mods

I can't play this game because my phone's internal battery is dead I think? (the battery had been dead for a few days and now it doesn't even turn on to the screen that shows there's not enough battery to use it) and when I tried on my ipod it said I need ios 8 or higher. IIRC I have ios 4.something. I can't update because a charger I used to have for it that went into the computer stopped working and that was how I updated the ios (I can't do it on the ipod itself like I can with phone). The only charger that works with the ipod is the one on the alarm clock.

But someone I know played the game and said it's free to play, but the only way to battle and train is with real money. and the gyms are controlled by real people and are the only way to battle since you can't battle the wild Pokemon. Is this true?

I heard that by controlling gyms, you can earn money. Pokespots also have randomized item drops (Not sure if that includes Pokemoney)

You can "train" by catching the same species of a Pokemon several times to Power-Up.

its not entirely true. You can train against wild pokemon, although its not much. You can also train against other people I believe. You can train faster with bought items from the store aka the lucky egg as it doubles exp. The gyms are also half true. When you get the game you don't automatically obtain/own a gym. Gyms in the beginning are set with ai pokemon until they are conquered by a person, then that person owns the gym after they win. They can then place their own pokemon to defend the gym and gain exp from battles while defending it from challengers. If another trainer beats your pokemon in the gym you own, it becomes their gym after. when you run into a gym it should say who its owned by, if it doesn't then its a free gym with ai ownership until defeat.

But someone I know played the game and said it's free to play, but the only way to battle and train is with real money. and the gyms are controlled by real people and are the only way to battle since you can't battle the wild Pokemon. Is this true?

I haven't been at a gym, but supposedly you can train your pokemon there.

battling doesn't cost money, but you'll need items to revive and heal your pokemon. pokestops will give you those for free, if you can get to them.

you'll also get pokeballs from them... just a few at a time though. otherwise, all items will cost you money, including pokeballs, to stock up on.

the good news is you can hit up pokestops repeatedly in a relatively short amount of time. Not sure if it's a timed thing or a distance traveled thing that resets use of them, but either way, it's not bad.

• Administrators

I've been hitting up the Park by my house... unfortunately, occasionally when the sprinklers are on. >~< but there's several pokestops and a gym right there so its super convenient. I hit level 5 and beat out the previous gym owner tonight, but if she comes back its gonna mean war.

I keep hearing everyone say they're meeting other people playing this but despite living in a huge city, I've yet to see anyone else using it. Totes jealous.