Attack on Titan S2 confirmed

Jiggle

More like reconfirmed, but whatevs~

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-03/attack-on-titan-anime-2nd-season-premieres-in-spring-2017/.103914

Like, favourite, discuss, comment, subscribe; All that social media jazz.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Edited by Jiggle

We've known that a season 2 was coming before the 1. season ended, it was simply too popular to not get one.

Though this is really exciting news. For as much as I adore the manga, the anime is simply better. Her's to having a great second season!

We've known that a season 2 was coming before the 1. season ended, it was simply too popular to not get one.

Though this is really exciting news. For as much as I adore the manga, the anime is simply better. Her's to having a great second season!

Being popular doesn't always necessarily equate to a second season. Look at MADHOUSE Inc., for example. They are notorious for pumping out only 1 season/cour of anime of popular works, despite the BD/DVD sales being high and the source material selling well.

That said, production for a second season was greenlit in 2014. So I guess fans could say it's about time the ball started rolling.

I, myself, am not an avid fan of the series. Buttttt, I know how large the following of AoT is, so I just thought I'd share. :3

Edited by Jiggle

I, myself, am not an avid fan of the series. Buttttt, I know how large the following of AoT is, so I just thought I'd share. :3

Something about the worldbuilding really speaks to me. It's rare that I've gotten as attached to a monster as I have attached myself to the Titans. Overall it definitely is a slower paced show with a lot of gambits by various characters and lots and lots of talking. But this never really bothered me, though then again, I'm the type of person to read super long classical works, and those tend to drag as well, perhaps this is why I have the patience to sit through the non action scenes?

What exactly didn't you like about the show?

Something about the worldbuilding really speaks to me. It's rare that I've gotten as attached to a monster as I have attached myself to the Titans. Overall it definitely is a slower paced show with a lot of gambits by various characters and lots and lots of talking. But this never really bothered me, though then again, I'm the type of person to read super long classical works, and those tend to drag as well, perhaps this is why I have the patience to sit through the non action scenes?

What exactly didn't you like about the show?

Don't get me wrong. I neither like nor dislike the show. You could say I'm indifferent.

The story, the animation, and the execution were on point. The premise was dark and many of the events were thought-provoking, which made the show quite interesting.

While I enjoyed the show, I heavily disliked the personalities of the characters. Out of the entire cast, I only liked maybe 2-3; everyone else was too edgy for me. It's a good series, I just feel like it's overhyped.

Edited by Jiggle

I do hope that the pacing problem is fixed a bit better in season 2.

One of the things that bothered me about the first season was that they didn't hesitate to drag us through several episodes of the Trost arc no matter now stretched-out many of the scenes felt (especially around the part where the Garrison are attempting to kill Eren), while cutting down on stuff like Eren and Annie's interactions as trainees. The one scene of Eren using her hand-to-hand combat technique against Jean at dinner didn't do their relationship justice in the anime (what with missing the part where Annie tells Eren it was bad, and he asks her to teach him). Definitely not enough to justify Eren's hesitation and failure to fight her in the season finale, or Mikasa's questions about his feelings for Annie specifically.

The manga has a pacing problem itself especially in the beginning, but the anime isn't forced to follow it, not when there are things they could rather show.

As long as they follow the manga, the pacing stays exactly the same as previously. Expect long drawn out conversations that start at the end of a chapter and first end at the end of the chapter (episode)

That was exactly my point, though. If they decided to leave out entire scenes or parts of scenes from the manga, then they can cut down on the length of other scenes as well. If they can make cuts to the content, they can make adjustments to the pacing.

The part that I named as an example above was just one of many where the anime did not include the whole scene from the manga. And it sure was a lot more important than stretching out moments where nothing happens for the sake of building tension that we already have.

Especially if said scene builds up a connection between the protagonist and the season's main antagonist.

It just irks me, and from all I heard of other people's opinions, the pacing is one of the most commonly criticized aspects.

Edit: Of course, there's also those parts where Armin's involvement in things gets replaced with Mikasa. 'nother thing where the anime makes changes to the content of the manga. They totally are allowed to do things differently. If this stuff goes through, then I don't see Isayama going "b-but I wrote this scene to be longer".

Edited by Ama

Hype levels for this are at an all time low for me. It's been too long and I heard the manga sucks now.

What? Whomever told you that ridiculous lie is in for a world of hurt when I track them down!

The manga is awesome as ever if not more.

What? Whomever told you that ridiculous lie is in for a world of hurt when I track them down!

The manga is awesome as ever if not more.

It's what I heard. I've wanted to get back into it, but I've got quite the backlog of things I need to read and watch. One day.

• Support Squad

I mean shit I'll watch it just for the action scenes.

I have 2 characters I like, Jean and Annie. 'Bout it. I'll still watch season 2 but I'm sat here like "Don't you let this be Kabaneri boi"

• Administrators

historia and mikasa are all that matters.

unfortunately my friend told me a bit about what happens in the manga with one of them and i am not sure im ready for that to be a thing tbh.

I have 2 characters I like, Jean and Annie.

Ayy, same favourites!

Jean is definitely my fave when it comes to character development. I remember getting into SnK and immediately thinking "That one's a jerk, I bet he's gonna be cool and I'll like him". I was not disappointed.

He has some awesome moments coming up, gonna be excited to see them animated.

Also, that one Connie thing. Because I like the way my feelings get broken.

• 1 month later...