Pokemon DarkLight [Alpha release date]

Correct. Darkrai will have 3 different forms in the game each a little bit more different and powerful than the last. Cresselia will also have 3 if not 2 forms as its a little hard to think of a third form for it at the moment. Everything is set for them already. Also I'm glad that you enjoy the form.

The idea of wonder guard is interesting. Darkrai's final form without that ability is already a real Nightmare for what I have planned for it.

Easy there. The forms may all be ready, but there's no rush to reveal them all right now. They will be revealed over time. But, now that you mentioned it. Since Darkrai had its first form revealed, Cresselia should have its first form revealed soon too.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I want to apologize for the lack of updates recently. School has been taking up a lot of my time recently,(not to mention it was midterms this week) but now I have a week off and I'm working on providing an update hopefully during this week if its done by then.

Stay tuned, and thanks for all the support.

Besides darkrai, cresselia is also going to have different forms, one is currently being made in progress. To answer your other question, yes. Some new megas will be introduced, but later on in the game. Most of them are too strong for the early parts of the game. They will be introduced sometime around after the fifth gym.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. there hasn't been an update in awhile and I'm very sorry for that. The update will take more time to finish for a few reasons.

the first one being that I keep redoing the last part for the update which is the forest area. I always find it improper so I always scratch it and start over. The second reason being that school has been taking up a lot of my time recently. I have a few stuff(2) due in two weeks so that will take up a bit more time.

I'll try my hardest to work on both if possible. Again, I'm sorry that you need to wait some more.

Ok its time for an update. Nothing big, but its still something that's important to the story.

Its time for the first form of Cresselia

JDMokEU.png

A being who brings the light from the darkness. A reflextion of the stars and moon. A power unlocked to create light when their is none. The stars envelope the cress in order to bring a new tomorrow.

We have the first form of Cresselia. Its been called "Celestial Cresselia" due to its nightly sky form along with the stars moving across its body as they do during the night. Unlike soul-link Darkrai which was an artificial form created in an attempt to unlock its true power in its alternate form, Celestial Cresselia is a natural form that was created from a strong bond between its trainer. Cresselia can use it at will. This form is told in history books throughout Gallia that its main purpose was to maintain order when the balance was broken.

Typing and stats

type: psychic

ability: levitate

stats

hp: 120

attack: 70

defense: 120 - 150

special attack: 75 - 100

special defense: 130 - 160

speed: 85 - 100

Celestial Cresselia gains an increase in both its defensive stats, as well as having some decent speed and special attack so it can deal some damage. Although it maintains its original ability, its a lot more harder to defeat than it used to be. With even higher defense and now with decent speed/special attack defeating Cresselia will even be more difficult. Especially if it can heal.

Along with Soul-link Darkrai, Celestial Cresselia will not be the current version of the game.

credits to pocky for allowing me to use his starry sky design

This is a prototype design for the sprite. Another one which will be an improved version is currently being developed.

This is the last form that will be revealed for now. Thanks for the support and look forward to the next update to come.

• Upvote 2

She's really pretty, honestly I can't wait to see her in game.

I've never actually used Cresselia much in any of my games so I'll be interested in using something like this (if the trainer eventually gets one).

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a small update to show. Its nothing big but its a character redesign.

Based on some helpful opinions and on my own realization Daemon looked to too much like yuya. That was not my intention so I have a little preview of his remade sprite. My friend did an amazing job.

JoiAFsO.png

The trainer sprite is not ready yet to be presented so you need to be a little more patient.

These next two weeks I wont be able to update the game, As finals are coming up next week, but once the break starts I'll have more time to work on updates

Edited by Jmanultrax1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so finally we have an update. This is my late Christmas present to you guys :)

So first I should say that all PBS files have been updated to gen 6. I have plans to modify some pokemon in the future. Nothing in stats wise, just giving them some moves that they should know but don't for some reason.

Firstly we got the VS sprite for the dream figure. This was way overdue. Took a team of two to make this one.

xEs3jyC.png

Then we have two more maps done.

The first one being the prof lab where you will obtain your starter

THs1OaB.png

The second map being vesper woods where it all begins

FX7JzYo.png

yoPBZle.png

• 1 month later...

wow those maps look great. i love the variety of different trees!  My only amateur advice is to try a revisit on the two maps with the celebi shrines.  I undestand that they are special locations, but you might want to avoid a perfectly square opening, with symmetrical  grass. Also in the second picture, you might want to add some stuff because the space between the  grass and the trees is too big and feels empty.   you can take that as a general suggestion too instead of just for those two maps.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 7:43 AM, DemICE said:

wow those maps look great. i love the variety of different trees!  My only amateur advice is to try a revisit on the two maps with the celebi shrines.  I undestand that they are special locations, but you might want to avoid a perfectly square opening, with symmetrical  grass. Also in the second picture, you might want to add some stuff because the space between the  grass and the trees is too big and feels empty.   you can take that as a general suggestion too instead of just for those two maps.

Just saw this today >.< Ive been busy with school so I haven't been able to check this. Thanks for the map compliment I'll be sure to fix those in the future. The idea behind those spaces was that this part of the forest more specifically the shrine areas are a very "sacred and special place" in the story. So I wanted to give it that type of vibe.

Also on another note, I've finished most of the file stuff and began setting up the events for the game. So be sure to hear more about that in a future post.

• 1 month later...

Honest thoughts:

Spoiler

1. Why are the encounters so painfully dull. No interesting Pokémon to use. And the only one that is, being Slakoth, isn't even usable until it evolves, otherwise it's terribad.

2. Daemon is very hard to look at due to the glaring colors. And Aaron's head looks awkward on it. Hmm, wonder why that is..., Just kidding, I sprite too, so I know why.

3. Gen 6 Pokémon and Mechanics? Uh, no...

4. J looks dumb in his vs sprite, but his battle sprite is much more serious.

5. Sarah's hair looks weird and unnatural.

6. "???????" looks cool. But the Dream figure's battle sprite hair looks odd.

7. "It's finally the day. You've turned eighteen and are now able to go on a pokemon journey. Everyone has already left your hometown of Vesper."

Why 18? Such a clichéd age. Other regions let you go at 10,11,12, and 13. What makes this region so different?

8."There's no one left expect for the adults and children. Your best friends and even your siblings left before you." So, you mean to tell me. This protagonist just happened to be under the age of all his siblings and best friends. Ok. That's believable. But last teenager in the town? I can't buy that. Please remember, not everyone can be a trainer, and there are actual jobs to be done.

9. "As you acquire your partner from the professor he asks that you retrieve something from vesper forest. You retrieve what appears to be a mysterious stone." Um. So the professor tells you to retrieve something, and you go and get a random stone that could've been anyone else's. It also happens to be the "something" the professor wants you to find. Also, telling somebody to go find "something" in a FOREST, is a bit broad, don't you think?

10. "You rush into your home only to see that its under attack. You then follow the man who lead the attack on your home to the laboratory." Who in their right mind would do this. You don't go for your parents, the children, not even your belongings, since we're being dumb. Instead, we follow the man who destroys our village for whatever reason. What exactly were we going to do. Battle him? Chances are, he has a bunch of grunts ready to beat you down.

11. "As you enter you hear the man screaming and threatening the professor to hand him the 'stone'." The professor is dumb for making a kid retrieve a stone that evil wanted. And I know he's 18, but he acts like a kid for thinking he can do anything.

12. "The professor sees you and yells at you to leave quickly, but it was too late. The man laughs at your pitiful attempt of bravery. You black out from the defeat."

-Why would he let him know that you're there. That's dumb and he deserves that stone being taken.

-I can only assume we attempted to battle him. In which case, I'd laugh too.

-Did he smack you in the face with a Lugia hand or something? I've just never understood blacking out from a Pokémon Battle loss.

13. "You wake up in a forest, and panic. Rescued by a stranger, you check your bag only to see that the stone is missing. You worry about your home and family, and on what happened to them. With your determination, you decide to adventure out, find these people, and stop them. Do you have the bravery to explore the Gallia region?" Oh so NOW, you're worried about your family. You had that chance back at your village. But nope. You went and blacked out didn't you.

Final thoughts:

As negative as this review was, I'm looking forward to the game. This was simply me pointing out how the introduction was sloppy, which it kinda is. But I'm looking forward to it. If you need anything sprite related, I'll be happy to help, as I'd say I'm pretty good at it. (Well, I'm decent...,) 

Edited by Sceptilespy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Honest thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Why are the encounters so painfully dull. No interesting Pokémon to use. And the only one that is, being Slakoth, isn't even usable until it evolves, otherwise it's terribad.

2. Daemon is very hard to look at due to the glaring colors. And Aaron's head looks awkward on it. Hmm, wonder why that is..., Just kidding, I sprite too, so I know why.

3. Gen 6 Pokémon and Mechanics? Uh, no...

4. J looks dumb in his vs sprite, but his battle sprite is much more serious.

5. Sarah's hair looks weird and unnatural.

6. "???????" looks cool. But the Dream figure's battle sprite hair looks odd.

7. "It's finally the day. You've turned eighteen and are now able to go on a pokemon journey. Everyone has already left your hometown of Vesper."

Why 18? Such a clichéd age. Other regions let you go at 10,11,12, and 13. What makes this region so different?

8."There's no one left expect for the adults and children. Your best friends and even your siblings left before you." So, you mean to tell me. This protagonist just happened to be under the age of all his siblings and best friends. Ok. That's believable. But last teenager in the town? I can't buy that. Please remember, not everyone can be a trainer, and there are actual jobs to be done.

9. "As you acquire your partner from the professor he asks that you retrieve something from vesper forest. You retrieve what appears to be a mysterious stone." Um. So the professor tells you to retrieve something, and you go and get a random stone that could've been anyone else's. It also happens to be the "something" the professor wants you to find. Also, telling somebody to go find "something" in a FOREST, is a bit broad, don't you think?

10. "You rush into your home only to see that its under attack. You then follow the man who lead the attack on your home to the laboratory." Who in their right mind would do this. You don't go for your parents, the children, not even your belongings, since we're being dumb. Instead, we follow the man who destroys our village for whatever reason. What exactly were we going to do. Battle him? Chances are, he has a bunch of grunts ready to beat you down.

11. "As you enter you hear the man screaming and threatening the professor to hand him the 'stone'." The professor is dumb for making a kid retrieve a stone that evil wanted. And I know he's 18, but he acts like a kid for thinking he can do anything.

12. "The professor sees you and yells at you to leave quickly, but it was too late. The man laughs at your pitiful attempt of bravery. You black out from the defeat."

-Why would he let him know that you're there. That's dumb and he deserves that stone being taken.

-I can only assume we attempted to battle him. In which case, I'd laugh too.

-Did he smack you in the face with a Lugia hand or something? I've just never understood blacking out from a Pokémon Battle loss.

13. "You wake up in a forest, and panic. Rescued by a stranger, you check your bag only to see that the stone is missing. You worry about your home and family, and on what happened to them. With your determination, you decide to adventure out, find these people, and stop them. Do you have the bravery to explore the Gallia region?" Oh so NOW, you're worried about your family. You had that chance back at your village. But nope. You went and blacked out didn't you.

Final thoughts:

As negative as this review was, I'm looking forward to the game. This was simply me pointing out how the introduction was sloppy, which it kinda is. But I'm looking forward to it. If you need anything sprite related, I'll be happy to help, as I'd say I'm pretty good at it. (Well, I'm decent...,) 

Hey thanks for looking over my game, Every opinion counts. Based on your review/thoughts I wanted to clear some things up.

- All story events, (the intro on the front page included) have been re-written and changed and as such I haven't had any time to update the topic. The same applies to the encounters. The topic was made almost a year ago and I didn't quite explain it well lol

- All aside from the trainer sprites, most of the vs. sprites were done by me and they will be better in a future version. Daemon already got a rework on one of the previous pages.

- I accept all help from people, So feel free to work around with the sprites.

- Overall I appreciate you pointing out the errors.

Hopefully I can get something out soon, School has been preventing me from making any progress. Anyway thanks again!

Just now, Jmanultrax1 said:

Hey thanks for looking over my game, Every opinion counts. Based on your review/thoughts I wanted to clear some things up.

- All story events, (the intro on the front page included) have been re-written and changed and as such I haven't had any time to update the topic. The same applies to the encounters. The topic was made almost a year ago and I didn't quite explain it well lol

- All aside from the trainer sprites, most of the vs. sprites were done by me and they will be better in a future version. Daemon already got a rework on one of the previous pages.

- I accept all help from people, So feel free to work around with the sprites.

- Overall I appreciate you pointing out the errors.

Hopefully I can get something out soon, School has been preventing me from making any progress. Anyway thanks again!

Oh, you were cool about that. I was thinking about editing it because I thought I was a bit harsh. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the game regardless. I'll probably mess around with the sprites here to see if I can amuse myself. In any case, good luck with that. And I'll just be here waiting for updates.

I can't believe i didn't hear about this game before :/ i need to dig deeper into the forums

that aside, i'm very very intrested in this game, so i have a few quetions :

1) Will we get Cresselia before beating all Gyms?

2) is there a download or are you making a full release later on?

Good luck with the game and may you be given good health to do that :D

1 hour ago, Amine elhedhili said:

I can't believe i didn't hear about this game before :/ i need to dig deeper into the forums

that aside, i'm very very intrested in this game, so i have a few quetions :

1) Will we get Cresselia before beating all Gyms?

2) is there a download or are you making a full release later on?

Good luck with the game and may you be given good health to do that :D

Don't worry too much about not hearing about it lol.

Anyway to answer your questions:

1) Cresselia and darkrai are the main legendaries for the game, as such obtaining them will be kept to the end. However their will be instances throughout where you will be able to fight "with" them.

2) Their are no download links available yet, and it will be released in episode(s). I am currently working on an alpha to be released to give a short introduction to it, but I haven't had time due to school, so I can't give a date to when it will be released.

1 minute ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

Don't worry too much about not hearing about it lol.

Anyway to answer your questions:

1) Cresselia and darkrai are the main legendaries for the game, as such obtaining them will be kept to the end. However their will be instances throughout where you will be able to fight "with" them.

2) Their are no download links available yet, and it will be released in episode(s). I am currently working on an alpha to be released to give a short introduction to it, but I haven't had time due to school, so I can't give a date to when it will be released.

Dont rush yourself, i can wait because i know it's worth it

also can i have cresselia as a starter well even if dont get her until later on its fine~