Pokemon DarkLight [Alpha release date]

So while I do the mapping (very slowly because im a noob right now) <_<

I figured I could give more information on the characters in the current version. In retrospect this should of been done in the beginning, but it never crossed my mind. So this will be done for the ret of the characters (except for the protangonists) and for future ones when their revealed ;) .

So I hope you enjoy the next character bio: Sarah

Sarah is a young woman with dreams as any person. Originally a resident of skyshine town. A town where everyone was friendly. Sarah was from a family of four. She would always be helping people around the town, always with a smile. Being specially talented in pokemon battles she was given an important role by the league. Her family was always proud of her, especially her little sister who would always be by her side in her daily duties. As time grew she began to want to travel and see all of the Gallia region, but it was never happening. Her parents forbidden it with all the recent attacks on different areas around the region by an unknown organization. Over time She began to feel trapped in the home she once loved so much. She had one last option. She took her boyfriends advice and ran away in the middle of the night. Leaving her home behind to seek the region she desired. She only began her journey when she saw the protagonist in trouble. Having saved them, she also helped them start their own journey, which would be full of adventures ahead.

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to say it was a little bit of both. based on daemon's typing choice as I was creating him, I design him like this, but after reviewing it I saw that it looked like yuya very similarly in many aspects. I think I did without realizing it. But after some time it grew on me. But if people request it to a point I will change his appearance in a future update.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since I posted. Been busy with multiple things mapping,story editing, mapping(again) so I figured I would see what you wanted to see posted. I have two options. One: I could post the lore behind the game, (which will also appear in the game) or two: wait until I finish the first area (which ive redone twice because im always thinking its bad).

I hope you give your opinion and I appreciate everyone's answer.

Alright! so I got something different to show this time. Its a character theme for a specific character in the game.

if you wish to not be spoiled do not open the spoiler

full credit/thanks to Juuzou for this awesome track.

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 2

Alright! so I got something different to show this time. Its a character theme for a specific character in the game.

if you wish to not be spoiled do not open the spoiler

full credit/thanks to Juuzou for this awesome track.

that song is lit tbh

• 3 weeks later...

OK! been a while since I update hasn't it? Ive been busy with college stuff although the alternative would be that Ive been very sick, so I have something new to introduce. Easter egg trainers. I figured there should be some fun in finding people to fight. Now Easer egg trainers are people here from the forums that I ask if they would like to be in the game. To keep it discreet ive made some modifications to prevent full reveal. If you by some little chance figure it out on who it is, please do not comment or post about it to make it a little more fun for others. Now here we go.

dg4OpLD.png

Only one trainer will be added in each update so look forward to it

credits to Shia for the original version

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 1

Ok another update although its a little minor in my opinion. Since I'm trying really hard to finish the first map, and since im really badly sick its going to take a little longer than expected. So I thought I would explain a little more about the background of DarkLight such as lore, pokemon and the organizations. This is to show a little more background into the game and give people expectations as what's to come in the future and somewhat presented in the beginning. Hopefully I'll be able to get over my cold and work a little faster.

Gallia's history

Gallia was a land full of life. When legendary pokemon were assigned roles, barely anyone saw them, but there were two that were constantly found. Darkrai who ruled over the darkness of the night and controller nightmares and Cresselia who ruled over the brightness of the sun and the new moon. Both pokemon represented darkness and light in the region, both with their own trainer peace and balance in the region were embraced. However it was not mean to last. Over time both trainers sought different ideals and goals trying to force their side. Both trainers fought each other endlessly. Upon fighting both of their pokemon were changed. They turned into more powerful alternate forms, their personality's twisted. War was born from this change. Upon the change, both pokemon were able to control both people and pokemon to rein dominance over the side they believed that should be the primary. Soon a hero appeared and stripped the pokemon of these forms and sealed them away. Now Darkrai and cresselia sleep hoping, that one day they can make up for their past mistake.

Darkrai and Cresselia

Darkrai and Cresselia are the main pokemon of the game. Over the course of it you will learn secrets about these forms of theirs. You will find abandon chambers around Gallia which will hold info, items, or something else. But that doesn't mean that they wont be hard to deal with if found. In the game Darkrai and Cresselia will both have 3 new forms. With each holding their own secrets and power.

The Organizations

There are two organizations over the course of the game. One being introduced very early. The other wont appear until way later. The grunts in the organizations specialize in the type preference for their group although you find the occasional few who some different types. But that doesn't include the admins or even the leader. Both organizations have 2 admins and their leader who are more powerful than the rest. Both groups have their own objectives and there is no limit to what they wont do to obtain it.

Well I hope you enjoy the info. If there's anything you still question about, feel free to post and ask.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

Finally the first map is done after redoing it what like 2-3 times(my cold didn't help either). I finally feel like this is a better one until/unless I decide to redo it in the future.

hqRHkR5.png

if people cant view it that well, can someone let me know on how to post it up better for people to view.

on a side note I'm getting better, so I'll be able to work a little faster and hopefully update faster.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans

Finally the first map is done after redoing it what like 2-3 times(my cold didn't help either). I finally feel like this is a better one until/unless I decide to redo it in the future.

hqRHkR5.png

if people cant view it that well, can someone let me know on how to post it up better for people to view.

on a side note I'm getting better, so I'll be able to work a little faster and hopefully update faster.

i apologize for lurking until now but if i may give you a bit of feedback, i'd be very careful with leaving so much empty space in a map. from far away you won't really see it, but when testing ingame, you'll notice that when walking on a map, it's very large but has very little in it.

try putting the buildings more close to each other, or add more stuff to the map. if you need any examples as of how you can populate a map a bit better, take a look at reborn or rejuvenation's maps. most of those maps are much more densely decorated and populated with things to do, and it keeps the player interested.

of course, it's up to you to decide what you want to do with these maps, so i wish you the best of luck with your game! c:

• Upvote 1

Hey I always appreciate a good lurker on the forums :D. I appreciate your advice on the map suggestion. I'll try to make it small, maybe put things closer and put in more things. This is the first area and im still new to this, so having a person who's great at map creating give me advice really helps. It does seem pretty bland, but the town has people and pokemon running around (trying really hard not to give away why). But I really appreciate the advice. c:

I honestly didn't know that you've been lurking here on my game page (are you a ninja? lol). I actually would like to know what you think of it so far. Any advice can help me improve it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a small update to show you guys. Its something being worked on and its finished. Now its just being edited. For the full update, this will be fully revealed/showcased as well as the protagonists house. So look forward to that :)

Hope you enjoy

ANtcYog.png

What hides in the darkness? Is it fear? is it lies? or is it the truth? A power not meant to take shape or form. Something that is unheard of ...or was simply forgotten. When souls combine, unspeakable darkness is given birth.

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 1

I agree, it's a shame. It would have been an interesting concept.

Also I've been lurking around this thread for a while! I really like what I've seen, your game looks very promising. By the way, like Zumi mentioned, the map you showed is a bit empty and very square. It'd look a lot better if the trees were more spread around!

I only said that it wasn't a fusion of darkrai and deoxys. There are a few ideas hints on what it is. well very little actually throughout page

edit: Yeah, Amanojaku I'm working on that. Still new to map creating so I might fix it as best as I can. Thanks for the concern/support.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

So its time for the next update. Somewhat a little more info. I have the inside interior of the protagonists house and also the reveal of the first form of Darkrai I previewed a few days ago. So enjoy :)

qpMsN2A.png

For the inside of the house we have the entrance, the hallway from when you enter upstairs and the rooms. Your room is the one starting on the left and the rooms that come after are your siblings rooms. Everything may look weird because I copied and pasted them together, but they are proper in scale and length.

Then we have the first form of Darkrai in the game

BbViEvK.png

This form of has been given the name "Soul-link" Darkrai. Its body has been changed from a forced evolution. Its appearance was changed from who it was linked with. Hence why its appendages have appeared and changed in appearance. While in this form Darkrai's mind was altered to be controlled by the person. Some of its strengths from its altered form have been awakened due to this process, but their not as powerful in this form.

Typing and stats

type: Dark/Ghost

ability: Shadow tag

stats

hp: 70

attack: 90 - 110

defense: 90

special attack: 135 -165

special defense: 90

speed: 125 - 175

Upon gaining the ghost typing from one of its strengths due to this evolution. Soul-link Darkrai has increased physical and special attack along with high speed making it a powerful pokemon to deal with. Also it gains the ability shadow tag, which prevents its opponents from escaping it making the fight one on one until someone is defeated. Its best to come with a strategy. With only one weakness, no escapes and high hitting damage and speed, Darkrai will be giving its opponents a real Nightmare.

you wont interact with this form until a little later into the game, so I thought I would give you a little preview

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 1

Darkrai looks really freaking cool, you mentioned that Soul Link is its first form so I'm guessing they'll be a few forms. Will Cresselia get the same treatment? I'm sure she could have some cool forms too.

Also, I can only imagine fighting Soul Link Darkrai, one can only hope their Pokemon can handle a few hits to do some damage. Pairing that with Shadow Tag is deliciously evil, but not as evil has giving him Wonder Guard >:)

• Upvote 1