[Anything Goes] My Favorite Pokémon Teams

Cool Girl

Okay, so this is my very first team post, so bear with me, please. So, I tried one anything goes team originally, but considering how I'm really bad at team building, I thought I should ask some friends from Main Showdown for help and well, I had so many pokémon that I liked that....well....my friends sent me two anything goes team. I'm really looking for some feedback on it, so here goes.

Goals

• To make teams that contain my favorite pokémon
  • To have fun with it

Requirements

Team 1

charizard-megay.gif

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]
sylveon.gif
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 115 SpA / 145 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
garchomp.gif
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
gallade.gif
Gallade @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
greninja.gif
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
scizor.gif
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
Team 2
groudon.gif
Groudon @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
charizard-megax.gif
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Crunch
volcarona.gif
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 164 HP / 154 SpA / 190 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun
arceus.gif
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Rain Dance
- Extreme Speed
rayquaza.gif
Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dragon Ascent
volcanion.gif
Volcanion @ Damp Rock
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
I'll accept any thoughts/suggestions to the team. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my very first post! :D Also, let me know how I posted this and please do let me know if you guys have team names! Thank you! :D
Edited by Cool Girl

The first team looks really iffy. For Example: Special Gallade, HP Psychic on Obamasnow, Special Mega Scizzors. I recommend you coordinate the moves to the stats, but it's your choice whether you want to or not. Second team looks dank though

The first team is kind of odd. I like the pokemon choices, but some of them have better moves that they could be using. Special Gallade doesn't work very well in general. You could replace shadow ball and thunderbolt with knock off and thunder punch to have the same desired effect, without using a weird nature to accommodate for being mixed. I don't know about Hidden Power Psychic Abomasnow. Ive never tried it, but it sounds a little odd. I'd probably give it a physical ice STAB that hits hard, or at least Ice Shard in its place. Nidoqueen really likes Sheer Force/Life Orb combo with a special set, because it lets it hit hard while keeping its bulk intact. I usually go with Earth Power/Sludge Wave/Ice Beam/(Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, HP Something). Special Mega Scizor, I have no idea about. Theoretically, it can work. But at least toss Bullet Punch on and replace Bug Buzz with Silver Wind since SW is boosted by Tech and Scizor loves its priority. Greninja will work as anything, really.

Second team looks great, but I'd reconsider rain dance on Arceus since it doesnt really help your team at all and hurts your fire types.

The first team looks really iffy. For Example: Special Gallade, HP Psychic on Obamasnow, Special Mega Scizzors. I recommend you coordinate the moves to the stats, but it's your choice whether you want to or not. Second team looks dank though

The first team is kind of odd. I like the pokemon choices, but some of them have better moves that they could be using. Special Gallade doesn't work very well in general. You could replace shadow ball and thunderbolt with knock off and thunder punch to have the same desired effect, without using a weird nature to accommodate for being mixed. I don't know about Hidden Power Psychic Abomasnow. Ive never tried it, but it sounds a little odd. I'd probably give it a physical ice STAB that hits hard, or at least Ice Shard in its place. Nidoqueen really likes Sheer Force/Life Orb combo with a special set, because it lets it hit hard while keeping its bulk intact. I usually go with Earth Power/Sludge Wave/Ice Beam/(Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, HP Something). Special Mega Scizor, I have no idea about. Theoretically, it can work. But at least toss Bullet Punch on and replace Bug Buzz with Silver Wind since SW is boosted by Tech and Scizor loves its priority. Greninja will work as anything, really.

Second team looks great, but I'd reconsider rain dance on Arceus since it doesnt really help your team at all and hurts your fire types.

Perhaps I should have clarified, but if you can make the suggestion in this format:

Volcarona @ Leftovers

Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 164 HP / 154 SpA / 190 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun
That'd be great and would help me a lot better. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

First off, i'd make Charizard your Mega for the first team, making it an all-out attacker. to use it as a Special Wall its a bit too strange imo since it's bulk is relatively "bad" even with AV.

Charizard @ Charizardite y
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hidden Power Ground

The standard set of Charizard Y, you can use it both as a Wallbreaker and a Revenge Killer. Roost is helpful in case there are Rocks on the field on the switch in and for recovery in general, while the other moves are here to deal a good amount of damage to the most possible number of enemies.

The second suggestion i can give you is: please, replace Scizor' set because i just can't see it xD. I'd suggest to use Scizor with a SD+Roost set (wich basically provides bulk) or, since you're in Anything Goes and you'll met a lot of Legendaries, as an all-out attacker with a CB.

Scizor @ Life Orb/Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Bug Bite

Scizor @ Choice Band

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Bug Bite

I can see why you run HP Psychic on Abomasnow, but imo you should give it a mixed set like this:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers/Life Orb

Ability: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Ice Shard

- Blizzard

- Leech Seed

- Hidden Power Psychic

With Snow Warning Blizzard ensures always a hit, and with Life Orb it will pack quite the punch, ofc even without it it should do the same. HP Psychic deals with Fighting Types and Leech Seed is here in case of a predictable switch, this way you'll get some recovery and deal some damage, especially if the foe is not going to switch back. Ice Shard just gives you some priority.

As for Gallade, well to run it mixed is not so worth it imo. You could try this set and tell me if you like it

Gallade @ Scope Lens/Life Orb/Expert Belt

EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Shadow Sneak / Night Slash

- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt

- Close Combat

Shadow Sneak gives you priority and Ghost Coverage but it has less power than NS, wich btw does not give you priority. The choice is up to you i guess. Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt and CC are here to give you powerful STABs that can make Gallade a great Wallbreaker but also a Sweeper if you manage to set up even just one Swords Dance.

If you decide to run Greninja Physical then just replace Dark Pulse with Night Slash, my best advice is to run it Special btw (you could just run it Physical to have another Xerneas counter other than Scizor, but it fills this role quite well so no need for that imo)

Greninja @ Life Orb

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Modest / Timid Nature (up to you)

- Hidden Power Poison

- Hydro Pump / Scald

- Dark Pulse

- Ice Beam

HP Poison is here for coverage against Fairies, Dark Pulse and Hydro Pump are powerful STABs that hit hard. Scald can even gives you a possible burn on the enemy, but it has less power, try both and see what fits you better. Ice Beam gets rid of Dragons, since they can be a problem for your team once Abomasnow goes down (especially Mega Mence and Rayquaza).

And here we are arrived to Nidoqueen, imo you should replace it with another mon that can hit harder and also be a pain in the *ss for the opponent. A pokémon that can cover this role magnificently is Garchomp, used as a Defensive Wall. I'll put here the set, wich is also similar to the one i used for the team i posted yesterday.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet

Impish Nature

- Dragon Tail

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast /Toxic

- Stealth Rock

Originally, he is planned to work well with Metagross. But since i saw you have Sylveon in your list you could make a good balanced core with it. Fire Blast may seems useless, but it hits one pokémon in particular: Ferrothorn. In this case you may be safe from it since you have Zard Y so you could put Toxic on Chomp. Earthquake is just a powerful STAB, SR sets up the previously mentioned rocks and Dragon Tail stops setups. You can find a more accurate description (OU based btw) here, taken from my team http://prntscr.com/bglavs

As for Sylveon, you could replace Abomasnow for it since i don't think is necessary for this team, but even here it depends exclusively by you.

Sylveon @ Leftovers/Life Orb

EVs: 248 HP / 145 SpD / 115 SpA

Calm Nature

- Psyshock

- Hyper Voice

- Protect

- Wish

Psyshock allows you to deal damage on opposite Poison Types like Mega Venusaur or Special Walls, Hyper Voice is a powerful STAB that can deal quite some damage thanks to Pixilate. Wish and Protect are here not only to support Sylveon, but also the rest of the team if needed since you have some frail mons like Charizard or Gallade. It can even be used to bring back Garchomp to its best condition once it's been hit some times.

Well, these are my suggestions. If something is not clear or you just want to discuss the changes don't hesitate to tell me about them. The second team looks fine to me, aside the lack of Judgement on Arceus but that's not so important. Hope i helped!

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

First off, i'd make Charizard your Mega for the first team, making it an all-out attacker. to use it as a Special Wall it's a bit too strange imo since it's bulk is relatively "bad" even with AV.

Charizard @ Charizardite y
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hidden Power Ground

The standard set of Charizard Y, you can use it both as a Wallbreaker and a Revenge Killer. Roost is helpful in case there are Rocks on the field on the switch in and for recovery in general, while the other moves are here to deal a good amount of damage to the most possible number of enemies.

The second suggestion i can give you is: please, replace Scizor' set because i just can't see it xD. I'd suggest to use Scizor with a SD+Roost set (wich basically provides bulk) or, since you're in Anything Goes and you'll met a lot of Legendaries, as an all-out attacker with a CB.

Scizor @ Life Orb/Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Swords Dance

- Roost

- Bug Bite

Scizor @ Choice Band

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Bug Bite

I can see why you run HP Psychic on Abomasnow, but imo you should give it a mixed set like this:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers/Life Orb

Ability: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Ice Shard

- Blizzard

- Leech Seed

- Hidden Power Psychic

With Snow Warning Blizzard ensures always a hit, and with Life Orb it will pack quite the punch, ofc even without it it should do the same. HP Psychic deals with Fighting Types and Leech Seed is here in case of a predictable switch, this way you'll get some recovery and deal some damage, especially if the foe is not going to switch back. Ice Shard just gives you some priority.

As for Gallade, well to run it mixed is not so worth it imo. You could try this set and tell me if you like it

Gallade @ Scope Lens/Life Orb/Expert Belt

EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance

- Shadow Sneak / Night Slash

- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt

- Close Combat

Shadow Sneak gives you priority and Ghost Coverage but it has less power than NS, wich btw does not give you priority. The choice is up to you i guess. Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt and CC are here to give you powerful STABs that can make Gallade a great Wallbreaker but also a Sweeper if you manage to set up even just one Swords Dance.

If you decide to run Greninja Physical then just replace Dark Pulse with Night Slash, my best advice is to run it Special btw (you could just run it Physical to have another Xerneas counter other than Scizor, but it fills this role quite well so no need for that imo)

Greninja @ Life Orb

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Modest / Timid Nature (up to you)

- Hidden Power Poison

- Hydro Pump / Scald

- Dark Pulse

- Ice Beam

HP Poison is here for coverage against Fairies, Dark Pulse and Hydro Pump are powerful STABs that hit hard. Scald can even gives you a possible burn on the enemy, but it has less power, try both and see what fits you better. Ice Beam gets rid of Dragons, since they can be a problem for your team once Abomasnow goes down (especially Mega Mence and Rayquaza).

And here we are arrived to Nidoqueen, imo you should replace it with another mon that can hit harder and also be a pain in the *ss for the opponent. A pokémon that can cover this role magnificently is Garchomp, used as a Defensive Wall. I'll put here the set, wich is also similar to the one i used for the team i posted yesterday.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet

Impish Nature

- Dragon Tail

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast /Toxic

- Stealth Rock

Originally, he is planned to work well with Metagross. But since i saw you have Sylveon in your list you could make a good balanced core with it. Fire Blast may seems useless, but it hits one pokémon in particular: Ferrothorn. In this case you may be safe from it since you have Zard Y so you could put Toxic on Chomp. Earthquake is just a powerful STAB, SR sets up the previously mentioned rocks and Dragon Tail stops setups. You can find a more accurate description (OU based btw) here, taken from my team http://prntscr.com/bglavs

As for Sylveon, you could replace Abomasnow for it since i don't think is necessary for this team, but even here it depends exclusively by you.

Sylveon @ Leftovers/Life Orb

EVs: 248 HP / 145 SpD / 115 SpA

Calm Nature

- Psyshock

- Hyper Voice

- Protect

- Wish

Psyshock allows you to deal damage on opposite Poison Types like Mega Venusaur or Special Walls, Hyper Voice is a powerful STAB that can deal quite some damage thanks to Pixilate. Wish and Protect are here not only to support Sylveon, but also the rest of the team if needed since you have some frail mons like Charizard or Gallade. It can even be used to bring back Garchomp to its best condition once it's been hit some times.

Well, these are my suggestions. If something is not clear or you just want to discuss the changes don't hesitate to tell me about them. The second team looks fine to me, aside the lack of Judgement on Arceus but that's not so important. Hope i helped!

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I have implemented them and it's work a lot better! :D