Fanart by IvoryUmi [Art]

IvoryUmi

I'm gonna go ahead and post what fanart I have for the main characters and maybe a few of my OC here.

Note: If anyone wants to color a drawing, let me know! I only ask that you credit the original sketch and let me see the finished product.

To keep the posts small, I'm using a spoiler cover.

ivory_and_mega_ginko_by_sumomosushi-d9cf

ivory_and_mega_harmony_by_sumomosushi-d9

ivory_and_laruto_by_sumomosushi-d99k8g0.

ivory_and_gisabelle_by_sumomosushi-d97r7

ivory_and_harmony_by_sumomosushi-d96yoft

pokemon_reborn_pirate_au_rough_sketch__p

fern_by_sumomosushi-d8tzxki.jpg

cinnamon_cain_by_sumomosushi-d8qsqf9.jpg

Edited by IvoryUmi
  • Upvote 5

the critique fairy is here. knucklecrack

first image, NICE COMPOSITION! And nice perspective on Mega Lucario's face/arms. I can dig that she actually has an armpit too, that's something many ignore, and Skeleton is right – you do draw fantastic hands.

However, there's some issues with the proportions. Starting from the bottom, if you have to "cut off" a drawing of a human, it's better to do it above the knee than just at the feet, composition-wise. Her legs could use some definition too – i appreciate that she has knees, but if you gave them a little indent just below the knee lines, and made the thighs sliiightly thicker than her calves, they'd look even better! as such

d7701d2fef719dd2a3ad24cb0d579580.jpg

But nice hips, i like her outfit, and her little pouch. Her.. loincloth could need some wrinkles, here's two easy tips that more or less suits your art style

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Easy-folds-tutorial-1-433416966

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Learn-Manga-Basics-Pleated-Skirts-425363368

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Clothing-and-Folds-Tutorial-543588852

coolbeans.

I think her pouch belt should be straighter too, on account on how belts work, but it has a neat pattern.

and then we have her cleavage. As an avid connoisseur of... mammary glands, i'm happy that you seem to have found out where they are supposed to end, but – they start too high up. breasts should not start above someone's armpits unless there's some serious push-up going on, and in that case, they need to be rounder, because push-up. you'd think this wouldn't be hard to find an example off, but trying to google a reference i now feel like i need copious amount of alcohol to go on with my life. anyway

Jrfj7jo.jpg

now, to be honest, i the tapering, and waterdrop shape of your drawing is much better than what's going on in this example the example here, but i there's something about manga art that gives me the feeling that im looking at 10 year olds with e cups, which just gives me jeebus, so I couldn't find a better one. point being, keep the position, keep the shape, just make the cleavage start lower and i promise it will not make her chest look smaller, just more like mangos and less like aubergines.

again, love that she has armpits. the other arm should also start where the armpit starts, but aside from that her arms are fine.

Her face too, actually! She has a good expression. her hair is a bit weird, but as it looks better in every other drawing, i'm letting it slide.

Mega Lucario is fine. Just... a really good drawing. i have nothing to say about it. next!

actually im out of time for this, so im just gonna dump some random thoughts on the other drawings 'cus I should have left ten minutes ago.

HEr shoulders in the Gardevoir drawing!! so good. Her belt and pouch too – that's how the pouch is supposed to sit! good job. she could get some highlight on her (enormous) hair, but aside from that, fun drawing.

you are really really good at drawing Pokémon overall. Both Goodra and Lapras look very much like the official thing, Goodra's eyes and ears especially are fucking fucktastic.

Ivory's hilariously short lil munchkin legs sitting on Lapras cracks me up thou.

her expression on the second Gardevoir piece is great. short thighs there too but it took me a while to notice 'cause her happy face endeared me.

Cain is incredibly adorable, and i can practically hear the "heyyy gurrll"

also. abs.

Fern appears to have dislocated his elbow, but his expression is great, and so are his glasses. also, good cropping!

'kay halloween is over. i hope you didn't mind the harshness of it all, but you do have a sizable talent for this, so keep going, keep posting and draw draw draw! im gonna try to keep up with this thread.

If only you were this nice towards me, weenie. Praise magnezone, IvoryUmi, he actually let you off lightly.

Anyway, after that, I don't have much to add, but I definitely encourage you to post more! Of course, there is a certain flatness to the pictures, but I'm sure you'll master perspectives and shading soon enough. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

the critique fairy is here. knucklecrack

first image, NICE COMPOSITION! And nice perspective on Mega Lucario's face/arms. I can dig that she actually has an armpit too, that's something many ignore, and Skeleton is right – you do draw fantastic hands.

However, there's some issues with the proportions. Starting from the bottom, if you have to "cut off" a drawing of a human, it's better to do it above the knee than just at the feet, composition-wise. Her legs could use some definition too – i appreciate that she has knees, but if you gave them a little indent just below the knee lines, and made the thighs sliiightly thicker than her calves, they'd look even better! as such

d7701d2fef719dd2a3ad24cb0d579580.jpg

But nice hips, i like her outfit, and her little pouch. Her.. loincloth could need some wrinkles, here's two easy tips that more or less suits your art style

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Easy-folds-tutorial-1-433416966

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Learn-Manga-Basics-Pleated-Skirts-425363368

http://sivaimp.deviantart.com/art/Clothing-and-Folds-Tutorial-543588852

coolbeans.

I think her pouch belt should be straighter too, on account on how belts work, but it has a neat pattern.

and then we have her cleavage. As an avid connoisseur of... mammary glands, i'm happy that you seem to have found out where they are supposed to end, but – they start too high up. breasts should not start above someone's armpits unless there's some serious push-up going on, and in that case, they need to be rounder, because push-up. you'd think this wouldn't be hard to find an example off, but trying to google a reference i now feel like i need copious amount of alcohol to go on with my life. anyway

Jrfj7jo.jpg

now, to be honest, i the tapering, and waterdrop shape of your drawing is much better than what's going on in this example the example here, but i there's something about manga art that gives me the feeling that im looking at 10 year olds with e cups, which just gives me jeebus, so I couldn't find a better one. point being, keep the position, keep the shape, just make the cleavage start lower and i promise it will not make her chest look smaller, just more like mangos and less like aubergines.

again, love that she has armpits. the other arm should also start where the armpit starts, but aside from that her arms are fine.

Her face too, actually! She has a good expression. her hair is a bit weird, but as it looks better in every other drawing, i'm letting it slide.

Mega Lucario is fine. Just... a really good drawing. i have nothing to say about it. next!

actually im out of time for this, so im just gonna dump some random thoughts on the other drawings 'cus I should have left ten minutes ago.

HEr shoulders in the Gardevoir drawing!! so good. Her belt and pouch too – that's how the pouch is supposed to sit! good job. she could get some highlight on her (enormous) hair, but aside from that, fun drawing.

you are really really good at drawing Pokémon overall. Both Goodra and Lapras look very much like the official thing, Goodra's eyes and ears especially are fucking fucktastic.

Ivory's hilariously short lil munchkin legs sitting on Lapras cracks me up thou.

her expression on the second Gardevoir piece is great. short thighs there too but it took me a while to notice 'cause her happy face endeared me.

Cain is incredibly adorable, and i can practically hear the "heyyy gurrll"

also. abs.

Fern appears to have dislocated his elbow, but his expression is great, and so are his glasses. also, good cropping!

'kay halloween is over. i hope you didn't mind the harshness of it all, but you do have a sizable talent for this, so keep going, keep posting and draw draw draw! im gonna try to keep up with this thread.

Thank you so much for the encouragement and advice, I'll definitely keep those in mind! I'm still practicing anatomy because I tend to have short bursts of motivation (thanks, depression XP), and with the pokemon, I try to buy books with the latest pokemon in them as drawing references since they have height, weight, and other important details I'd need as well as the pokemon itself.

The Fern drawing is an expert example as to why I need motivation. My sister just wanted me to draw something for her to paint one day and I wasn't very motivated and so I ended up with a terrible Fern. (Wow, take this out of context and I could be talking about a plant, not a character.)

Hello yes, I am also here for Cain's abs. XD Males tend to have them and he wears fishnets, so why not

Edited by IvoryUmi
  • Upvote 1

If only you were this nice towards me, weenie. Praise magnezone, IvoryUmi, he actually let you off lightly.

Anyway, after that, I don't have much to add, but I definitely encourage you to post more! Of course, there is a certain flatness to the pictures, but I'm sure you'll master perspectives and shading soon enough. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

Thank you to you as well! All these nice words and helpful advice are really important to me, so thank you so much! I'll keep practicing everything with all I have!