The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

Man....where to begin? This episode was full to the brim with stupid and painful (sigh Pounce) things...

I disliked Melia from the beginning for being an obvious Mary Sue character but now i genuinely hate her, she ruined the reunion with and the sacrifice of your mother (who was just a "beginning plot device" but still that was your "main" motivation) i hope you'll get an option to not help her at the end of the game, because from what i've seen she is the main character and you're just the sidekick with a sad story (she still will probably win by herself but we'll see)

Why does Madam X need Pokemon again? she could've easily killed you both on that tower...argh why do we have superpowers in a game with impossible monsters?

I knew Nancy would probably die from the moment of your reunion, too many red flags after a long absence is basically a death sentence.

Nim for the save! Wait isn't she the girl that molested you with her Gothitelle earlier? Well i think she's ok after saving you.

Sean used tactical retreat...it was ineffective

R.I.P. Pounce the best Liepard that ever lived (i really hoped you would retire her before something like this happened) you were a true legend

R.I.P. IronFist you should have become a great ninja...

R.I.P. Lightning if not for your OP paralysis Sean would have lost several times already

The games that give superpowers do a really good job of making you feel like a background extra. If your character doesn't have all these crazy powers like Nom, Crescent, and X then what are they really doing? Everything seems inconsequential. Winning battles is all you can do but once you win its just like. "We were just humoring you with those childish battles. Time to blast you to smithereens like I could have done in the first place."

I have the same problem with insurgence where people have teleportation and what not. It's like, why are we even fighting, this guy is on an entirely different level than me.

Edited by Zane0144

wow, madam x is every terrible amine villain cliche in one horrible package, well done jan

what a shit end to blacksteeple,you lose 5 team members to an overpowered big bad , your mothers sacrifice was almost immediately overshadowed by a textbook mary sue, and saki ruined your emotional reunion with niim

rest in piece IronFist, Lightning, Branches, Nephthys, and Pounce, you all deserved better than dying to a level 100 fuck you boss

This was sad.

I believe you could call bullshit clause and get it over with.  This is a lose-able fight after all.  What you did needed balls.  Maybe you did it because you knew what would happen in an otherwise blind run so you chose this way to be fairer.  Even if you wanted to sack some needless mons from boxes, you had neved's fight right before so you needed some core members for that one.

And then we got despicable factors not letting you do what you need to do .... sigh.

Yo yo yo!

Now that Part One's done I guess I'll reply to all them comments now.

Spoiler

@Hycrox - I think that's giving those two assholes too much credit in my opinion.

"most" so who did deserve to die?

I think I'd prefer her to be awake during the horrible transmutation process...I'm never doing a get out of jail free card again though.

Gotta rebuild my integrity

@pikafan96 - Just once I'd like a finale that doesn't hurt the emotions in some way.

And Branches for laying in that critical Curse. They will be missed.

Yeah she's not great at stalling by any means...

It was bad enough when the game did it the first 3 times but this one takes the cake.

It was done at the wrong time. And the "reveal" is kind of stupid after having to fight her earlier as Emma. Even a monkey could figure out who she is then.

Yeah for some reason you're supposed to be more interested in a girl you knew for half a day being alive again than your mother being brutally murdered.

Eh just a few months or so. Gotta finish that Omega Ruby nonsense first. Thank you! I shall see you then!

@espeon860 - Yep. All dead.

Nuzlockes's are fun.

@nepeta100 - Is it just me that wants to keep this run an actual Nuzlocke? Death is permanent for all the Pokemon unfortunately. Although...Book 3 adds a slight technicality to that. At this rate I won't beat them till I'm in my thirties...

@Zane0144 - GOOD. No Pokemon of mine is going to love one of Mosely's loser mons.

I'd rather it was the return of Adrian...who gives a fuck about Melia?

@Gaunt - Basically you're hoping for http://pm1.narvii.com/6244/1d7b9f2bc17cd7b5c201b99253faaad8178d6b32_hq.jpg this but with Melia? I can dig it.

It's weird how Madame X can jump off a building but can't take an electric shock. Her powers aren't very consistent.

Yep. And all the talk of "we'll finally be a family again" really hoisted those flags high.

No that was Crescent. I wouldn't thank Crescent.

Well...it was effective in that I got away. So...yeah.

@Foamy - It's either that or lust. Depending on my mood really.

Maybe one day...call me old fashioned but I'd rather not play a game where one of the starters is literally sperm.

@Zane0144 - If anyone else pulls this shit on me in Part Two I'm just going to edit in a better solution or something. This evil must be stopped.

@YingYang9705 - Unfortunately she's missing the most useful cliche to the protagonist...spilling the beans about her plans.

Seriously I have no idea what the fuck Team Xen's end goal is.

Emotional reunion with Nim? What? I only saw her a few days earlier sure.

Could be worse. Could have lost them all fighting a Youngster.

@DemICE - Eh...it was more pride than balls. I didn't want the shame of pussying out on deaths like in Reborn.

Honestly I just needed IronFist for that fight. He'd still be alive if Neved didn't bother trying to make himself relevant

Well that's that then. See you guys in 2018 or so.

Oh and here's a fun little video I made to sum up Part One.

Enjoy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x65mjkr

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

12 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

I'm still curious why did you decide to let   liepard die instead of mothim did you just think mothim was more useful or was it some other random reason if so what

I was afraid she had another Full Restore at the time. I wanted to save Mothball for last because Protect was the best stall move I had

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah, nothing like some sweet sweet derogatory tears after 2 months. Missed ya

btw, when are you erasing the oras world out of rage and plot convenience

now, for things uhh

Nim best girl, closely followed by PIANOLADY, everyone else so far is sHIT, you can rely on me to end you disgracefully, this won't be your last goose chase, the star of Life is Strange is just about who you'd expect, it is true that melia and val are brain dead, and boats are good

also, uhhh

Spoiler

human chiller is a thing

The (second) best run is finally back now to the comments:

It would be cool if Saki died from that impact (but we won't be so lucky i think) should've pushed her off the boat when you had the chance.

So Melia was saved by Dialga and Palkia while our "main" protagonist was saved by his mother dying...i sense favoritism (for some reason not clearly explained to us) itr's not because she's strong as Sean mopped the floor with her (btw glad to see Chiller back on the team).

I have to ask who are your top 5 favorite (or at least not hated) characters? I for one would really struggle to come with a top 5 (most of them are stupid, boring or plain awful imo)

Finally,  time to Chill.  Also  you think you re going to switch icecone's ability to snow warning and spamm blizzards?  Or you worry about hail actually killing your own pokemon ?

Also leave it to Saki to cure you of your issue with boats. 

Hallelujah our lord and savior has returned, welcome back :D

Honestly I was expecting something horrible to happen in this episode, but it was surprisingly peaceful.

And watching Saki get launched must have been pretty cathartic after everything that's happened.

Also I never thought I'd think that an ice cream cone could look threatening, but Chiller has... chilled me to the bone.

:)

Next time on Rejuvenation Z:

Will Sean finally be able to muster enough anger to transform into a Super Trainer?

Will Valarie be actually a challenge?

What is happening to Nim?

Why Ren betrayed his "lifelong friends"?

This and much more in the next episode!

No Saki this episode...i'm beginning to think that she at least got injured (fingers crossed)

That Braixen is really starting to annoy me (and not even in a funny way like Saki) like seriously what is that bullcrap about not being able to fight in a cave? And she can't burn a single vine? It's like the author suddenly thought about giving you surf//another badge but didn't have a good spot for it so...bam! An isle out of nowhere full of convoluted/irrational reasons for you to battle Valarie (on her home turf of course).

Nim is probably poisoned (or something similar) and we'll have to search for medicine

Now don't be too hard on Valarie Sean maybe her Lapras is a midget (it's the only reason i can think of) as for Melia she'll probably just walk on the water like the God she is.

Sooo our dear "rival" Ren joined a terrorist organization for no reason and is going to oppose us (by losing repeatedly)...i have a strong sense of deja vu right now...where did i see something very (very) similar...oh now i remember! Fern did the same exact thing (only in Reborn it was more credible because he was a total "grasshole" Ren is nowhere near his level). I really don't understand why this game tries to copy Reborn so hard but hey maybe i'm wrong and he's there just to spy on them or something (still i'm expecting a "redemption" story for him).

Look at dat Sean, flexing them cliffhanger skills.   Seems like the training from forshadowing-lifting  bore fruit.

Adam is charlotte in disguise confirmed.

At least Braixen is good at showing how utterly daft Adam is. And as a Rock Throw practice target.

Ceasar is gonna catch those ice beams.

I do hope you depict Val's  lapras having the size of a joltik.

I guess Adrian lives on in your heart. She was nice, had some high quality mons.

Well you've clearly never played rejuv before if you're not tired of obstacles that can take 1 or more arcs to pass (so far so sewer mansion).

Human chiller soon, Chloe was seen, Val is thicc fat, Braxien could drown :thinking:, and Carnivine OP

So Ren went and did something stupid , that's great.

And to think I used to believe he was a half decent character in the beginning.

Huh, I didn't know humans could learn Rock Throw...

At least it should be super effective on Braixen!