The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

What? You said you wanted more puns. Okay.

Cause this is chiller.

Chiller night.

And no one is gonna stop him

from freezing up the sun

And now I don't know of it's me or you who hates Venam more. That really says something because I don't even acknowledge her existence anymore. But partners are terrible in nuzlockes which funny enough in a platinum run all of my Pokemon plus the galactic grunts focused on killing that Metronome clefairy because that thing is scary.

And with your Shark DoA...I wonder who you shall bring. And good luck. I pray the blood shall be only that of your enemies.

Alas poor flounder 4, you deserved a slightly better then getting teamkilled via veronica

I like how crescent tries to pretend anything in this game has shades of gray, since the worst anybody on your side has done is violent slapstick attempts and come of as cunts

Meanwhile, team xen has kidnapped boats via alien clones, attempted to destroy a peaceful village via volcano, ran a fucking gulag, raided a forest to kidnap a little girl, and thats what I can remember, This is not counting the fact that their second in command is literally called nastasia and their leader uses the local god of death as muscle.

oh the useless trio have been kidnapped, truly truly a shame, goodbye adam valerie and saki, you might be slightly missed.....maybe

Tbh the only ones im feeling sorry for in this episode is the bug squad.  

Both reborn and rejuv mention that the language they talk is English,  meanwhile i find that dumb and i would at least call it Rebornian or Aevian (since practically, the only reason their text is english is for us to understand it)

I'm starting to think Chiller's unstable condition makes him absorb power from the Cube already.  Did you see how the sun was also frozen in a shape of a cube?   Makes you wonder what kind of experiment he was a subject for.

Rip Flounder IV, you were a good shark... most of the time.

Isn't it strange that Veronica's more dangerous as an ally than she is as an opponent?

Oh great, now you've done it, you let Chiller freeze the sun!

We're all going to be frozen to death by a killer ice cream cone.

...That sentence sounds really dumb out of context.

Wait, so if you're the Brock of Rejuvenation... where's your drying pan?

And why haven't you made any delicious jelly donuts yet?

Truly Flounder is a cursed name like Zeppeli. Also this is the 2nd time Venam has team killed one of your mons, that's kinda morbidly impressive. She actually has a better track record against you than most of Team Xen discounting Madame X.  Also pretty funny when you had Venam react to your dialogue and your Pokemon. I suspect your going to do quite a bit of that kind of editing for the next chapter. 

Crescent. . . I don't get Crescent. Like legit what is her deal man. . . .I'm half expecting her to be your real mother or your sister. I kinda want to see the fight with her, Saki, Adam, and Valarie if nothing else than to see them get bodied. Wonder what her team would be like, I know she at least has a Gothitelle. 

Time for the finale of the finale. Let's how badly things went with Melia charging in blindly like a damned fool. 

I'm not sure if you intended this or not but it looks like you're reading the words when you realize you're being the brock of Pokemon in this game. Lol.

Btw, what are English lessions? I know what lessons are but not lessions.

If I remember correctly, the next part after this is... I must have dropped LSD. That's all I can say.

RIP Adam and Valarie you will be missed Saki you will not

Crescent is like a freaking Eldar Farseer always cryptic and could help/explain everything but for some "mysterious" reason will not creating more problems as a result.

RIP Flounder IV may you find your revenge on that base backstabbing creature called Venam from the afterlife

The First Seal is undone soon snow and ice will cover the world and Chiller will show his true form! (reminds me of Hellsing when Alucard regains full power)

To be fair Sean Gyarados is pretty heavy that's probably why it can learn Earthquake (also because it's the best Dragon)

Hey, I just want to see Zira eat someone. Preferably someone non-important to the story.

That's right, Melia. Nobody cares.

Don't kill Melia. Knock her out, give her to Xen for Nim. They'll do what they want, and you get Nim back.

That plan would have worked 100% if the game let you do it. And it's actually believable, cuz Xen's so stupid like that.

Wat......ANOTHER DESERTER?

Le gasp! Sean, you acknowledged Burn Up's existence! My hero! If I wasn't already in the cult, I would be just cuz that.

I'd be surprised/enraged about the Giratina, but it makes sense if you think about it. They know she's tricky, so why not have a Legend looking out for this kind of stuff?

That bit always confused me. Why couldn't we just 'port out to their base? Like, at that point of the game I was pretty down with whatever, including joining Xen.

In this version, she has a TYRANNITAR? She's been holding out on me.

AND A YANMEGA? If I was doing a Nuzlocke on my run, I'd throttle her for being linked to the murder of an entire team.

And you won. Without a loss. (Except Flounder IV. I'd say he'll be missed, but I'm about 90% sure there'll be a V.)

And of course, NOBODY ELSE HAS A MON DIE IN A NUZLOCKE BUT THE PC!

I.....I knew this was gonna happen. But it breaks my heart again. Is life worth living? After I MURDER THEM ALL!!!

And.......it's over. They won. I.....I'm glad you could get your team out of there before the end. They deserve to live.

Hopefully, your Flying mons can get them out of there, while the region burns.

Goodbye, Derogatory Trainer. You will be missed. You taught me to hate, and how to twist the lesser emotions to rage, and let it fuel my actions in the future. If I meet Rose, or Chiller, or any of the others out in the wild, I will offer my assistance in the complete dismantling and dismembering of Xen. And the revenge on any of your so-called 'friends' who let them do this to you. May you find peace in the afterlife with Adrienn.

Hey man keep your fantasies about Melia to yourself, this is a family forum! But real talk, your alternative plan was probably one of the funniest things in this run, you weren't kidding about going crazy with the editing. 

The whole sequence with Nim is a punch to the gut and not in a good way. It and the aftermath to the double battle really drive home how often the Pokemon battles in this game amount to nothing. It's kinda maddening. At least Melia put up a fight this time, though it helps her team had a pretty significant type advantage over Zetta and Geara's teams. 

Happily you only lost one Pokemon in the entire mountain sequence, at least you can take solace in that as you burn to death. Which is a pretty grim fate for anyone, especially the main character. 

Maybe Tesla and Amber can avenge you because I just realized with just about everyone else incapacitated  or flat dead in some way, they're about the only ones left worth note. 

Hum...so the "main" protagonist is dead now we can finally play as our true hero Melia right? Right? Seriously though did that really happen or was that editing?

WOW the "perfect" plan failed! That can't be! Good thing you were there to save the day...exept not:

1) Giratina defeated - doesn't matter Jenner dies anyway, that was probably needed to make Melia backstory even more tragic/sad (and look now you have something in common) i'm sure unlike for you people will try to comfort her

2) Team Xen defeated - doesn't matter in the slightest, the whole fight (while really cool) was utterly pointless because they take her anyway (btw where in the hells are her super duper Mary sue powers?) and more importantly Nim dies so why even have a fight in the first place? It's like a bad GM telling the player: you know that whole section of the game you played to get stronger/better gear? Nuhu doesn't matter i win anyway because i said so. Some aspects of this game are good but the story...it just ruins everything i don't know how you keep going.

On the topic of Nim how many likeable characters are even left at this point? Maybe Tesla? That's the only one i can think of

Of course Rose kills another Legendary and not to spoil your victory but what if Giratina used a Dragon move? it almost killed her with Hex

But Sean don't you know Venam is there as Melia's sidekick (except she's useless) and comic relief (except she's not funny)

Your plan was definitely better but alas you're not the protagonist

But...you're the main character you can't die. Oh wait that's Melia. RIP Sean. What a shitty way to go. Doing all of this crap and accomplishing nothing in the end. And let's be honest, I'm pretty sure your plan would have worked out so much better. Hell, I probably would've said "Here's your damn woman, now give me mine and stay out of my way." And besides, did anyone really think Geara was going to follow through on that bargain? If he had Melia, that's all he needed and it didn't matter what happened afterwards.

And I shall end this on one last note: I looked back at the Reborn season finale then looked at this and you can really tell where you've improved. You knocked it out of the park and had me laughing my ass off with you going edit crazy. One thing still puzzles me: couldn't the Zoroark have made an illusion of a gagged Melia instead of tying ropes around it? I probably shouldn't have said that considering everyone that died because of not trying it.

11 minutes ago, Gaunt said:

Hum...so the "main" protagonist is dead now we can finally play as our true hero Melia right? Right? Seriously though did that really happen or was that editing?

The only thing that was changed was Sean throwing his belt to save his Pokemon. The protag does fall into the lava. I'm not kidding.

13 minutes ago, Gaunt said:

Some aspects of this game are good but the story...it just ruins everything i don't know how you keep going.

It's even worse if you realize he's probably dipped more time into Rejuvenation than a vast majority of players. These chapters don't write themselves, people.

So I'd been looking forward to this part for literal months and I gotta say you made every second worth it. From giving Giratina the cold shoulder to the status effects fight I was in absolute fucking stitches. Great work man Now to wait for Commander to get to that point

Seriously tho this entire sequence is probably the most frustrating point in the whole game. From the good old cutscene inaction to Giratina throwing people into lava like it didn't just get its ass kicked. Why even pretend that our actions matter - the whole thing might as well be a cutscene.

Uhh… I think you scarred me for like with that... risqué outfit thing with Melia... -shivers-

To answer your question of why Outrage confused Rose after 1 turn is because of the field. If I remember things correctly, when you're in that field, Thrash and Outrage and I think Petal Dance will confuse the Pokemon after it being used just 1 time.

To be fair, if they had a Pokemon that could attract you, that'd be 4 slots of possible ailments. And also, if 1 of those Pokemon used curse on you, that'd be 5 slots of possible ailments. And Leech Seed would be 6 slots of possible ailments.

Damn dude... Got emotional at the end there... I'm not tearing up! You are! Shut up!

And thus, for your efforts of completely stomping xen, our protagonist gets thrown into lava like an unimportant npc

truly truly a shame

good job on going deathless through those fights, and hey melia was actually useful, which is more then what you can say for a good majority of these fights.

to be fair I think there was some of the zorua/zoroark line speaking English in some anime episodes/movies

edit: also real talk did you think melia would become the player character or by some miracle you survived when you fell.

Wow, since coming to this mountain I believe four people have burned to death in lava.

There was that Xen grunt, Jenner, Nim, and you!

... Oh uh, sorry that you burned alive in a pool of lava... at least your pokemon survived...

This game really does seem to enjoy ignoring your victories.

Mewtwo, Madame X, and of course Giratina. It's a pretty cheap way to force a story in a certain direction.

Alas poor Derogatory Trainer, he will be remembered for his awesomeness, violent tendencies, and anger towards a certain blonde mary-sue.

Rest in peace 😔

I now want to play Sean's story branch for this segment. Even if the plan failed, i would at least be going with my principles xd.

So much for going through deathless only to die yourself in the end.  The irony.

At least GDC introduces at least 1 likable character.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:31 AM, DemICE said:

I now want to play Sean's story branch for this segment. Even if the plan failed, i would at least be going with my principles xd.

So much for going through deathless only to die yourself in the end.  The irony.

At least GDC introduces at least 1 likable character.

But Erin is before GDC  🤔

On topic, I have to say that although I originally didn't like the... actual reactions of your face at first, having read through this while I was bored at work once, it really grew on me and this (plus your Reborn playthrough) were both great reads.

here's to hoping a 3rd season if sean somehow miraculously manages to come out of his lava bath unscathed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that couldnt POSSIBLY happen now could it? NAH that'd be WAY too convenient

• Global Mods

Now we get to spin the roulette of which series comes off hiatus next time!

Interesting how perceptions of a story can be so vastly different through different eyes. I think a lot of it comes down to player personality, and thus projected protagonist personality (try saying that 3 times fast)