please set this field on fire

Amethyst

Wow, that would have been painful to code, and it is going to be painful to learn.

I'm all for burning it with fire :D, although I wonder if the AI will be able to use it well.

Nice job!

• Upvote 3

Oh my god.

STAGE 2

• The base accuracy of these moves becomes 100:
    • Sleep Power, Stun Spore, Poison Powder

STAGE 5

• The following moves target both opposing Pokemon in double battles:
    • Petal Dance, Petal Blizzard, All Powder Moves

BURN IT! BURN IT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, this field's terrifying when racked up. Better bring my Rotom-Mow.

Infestation's deals 1/3 Max HP Damage per turn (from 1/8)

I will burn this field and nobody will be able to stop me.

I don't need someone trapping my 'mons on there for a three turn trip to hell, no sir.

the project still has a pulse. As does the episode. Good luck with that, by the way.

[noises of excitement but also terror]

Edited by Ama
  • Upvote 1

Woah. And I liked gardening, too.

I can see this field being a massive pain to deal with if it's allowed to escalate. Grass types and Bug types, as well as things like Florges, I think, will be supremely powered-up by these effects.

The field looks beautiful and intricate, certainly, and I appreciate the effort that went into coding it... Must be as painstaking as cultivating a trophy garden!

'Tis a shame that Chandelure will have to burn it down, then. Or maybe Yanmega can abuse Bug Buzz; it can stall out turns with Detect until the field grows, while also boosting its own speed in the process. Very interesting, indeed.

Edited by Viridescent

Just burn it, wait you say that like there are other ways of playing? either way it'll go the way of anything else the crosses my path. looks like an interesting edition though I look forward to seeing how the flammably challenged deal with it.

Edited by Narckarth

I think it's a cool attention to detail how the field visually changes depending on how powerful it is.

This field in general looks crazy. A couple of my Pokemon actually benefit greatly from this, but I might want to just burn it down depending on who I'm fighting.

• Upvote 1

Wait you want me to burn this? Are you crazy?

In the level 5 version of the field:

Heracross Swarm boosted Megahorn: 1080 Base Power.

Lilligant Petal Dance (with my choice of Chlorophyll or Own Tempo): 810 Base Power (607.5 hitting both opponents in a double battle).

I'm not going to destroy this work of art. I'm going to abuse the hell out of it.

• Administrators

some more personal thoughts that i didn't necessarily want in the main announcement:

the hardest part of making this field was the graphics themselves, because it actually went through like five different variations before i settled on the current one, and i just really didn't like the look of any of them... i'd spent like six hours one night, had it finished, it was great, loaded it in game and the orientation was totally off so I had to redo the whole thing and it was just ... all bad from there.

when i started looking for real gardens for inspiration I found the hanging gardens and was just completely awestruck. seriously, look up the pictures on google, they're absolutely gorgeous. but i'm really excited about that much of it

in terms of attributes (what i've taken to calling each individual bullet point of a field effect) there was a lot i held back on, cut out, etc. don't remember specifics at this point but whatever. i'm almost certainly going to have to make balance changes to this field until it plays fairly but obviously those changes won't be happening for a while yet.

• Upvote 1

Im guessing that this is probably the field for adrienn or that e4 member i forgot the name of. Laura. ty chubb. (guessing on the remaining leaders left in the league we havent battled) if so, this poses an interesting change of strategy for the player, as they either have to change the field, or utilize its bonuses to their advantage.

Imo keep the changes. its a nice change of pace, and it makes for some potential interesting stategies! im looking forward to playing with this field (assuming we see it in e16)

keep up the great work ame (and the rest of the reborn dev-kuns) :D