Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Edit @ 20:01: Various domains have been registered by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for these games in various different languages, all of which currently redirect to the official site, Pokemon.com. This doesn't confirm this news yet, but does add possibilities.

This is from Serebii

This most likely confirms that these are the official names, but we'll wait for tomorrow

As for the Gen of the games, it is most likely Gen 7 as the names Sun and Moon don't fit in really well with X and Y. The so called Pokemon Rainbow may be the third game that will come out for Gen 6.

I'm predicting that Rainbow will come this year, with Sun and Moon coming out next year for the NX

Edited by Gyaradoskiller

I would love to see some more pokemon relating to celestial objects. The ones currently in the games are rather lacklustre with the exception of Cresselia. That is if these titles turn out to be Gen VII.

Edited by Narckarth

Personally, I don't see a problem in this being gen 7, if it's real. We saw 2 generations on the DS, we could see 2 generations on the 3ds as well. They already said back when we got XY that they're always looking to do things people wouldn't be expecting (back then people expected hoenn remakes before gen 6). To all the people saying it makes no sense to release 2 products on the market at the same time.... Spinoffs and mini pokemon games get released together with the main games in the same year all the time. That they will possibly announce new games now doesn't mean we will see them released next month or in 4 months. In any case, pokemon GO and pokken would release before the main games, just like it's always been until now.

They may well be placeholders as stated, but they may be real as well. We shall find out today but I do hope they're real because 2 years without a pokemon maingame would be a shame, especially on the 20th anniversary. They sure did a lot more this time around than to just trademark a name, though... They trademarked it in various languages according to serebii, and there's also those various sites leading and linked to pokemon.com..and the tweet.. It could all be nothing but -shrug- here's hoping.

People are all going "what about the rest of kalos?" Well, think about it. The anime and movies are preceding the games this time around, so the anime and movies will cover whatever plot a zygarde game would have... To me, that would be lame and take away the "excitement". I doubt they'd think of entirely new plots just for that. If you further think about it.. the anime will reach the league by the time these games release (not get announced) so it would fall into place eventually. While nobody can be sure whether it's gen 7 or something else( assuming they'll be real games), the names don't tell me "kalos" in any way, nor do the color patterns of the logos. It could always be a new gen in that souvenir region mentioned in kalos, and it could be linked to kalos too. Either way, the direct is today, we may be hyped, we may be disappointed. Let's hope for the best and see. I'd be happy just seeing a new pokemon main game.

yeah people are taking this a little to seriously there 3 things that make me so no the idea of these games being released anytime soon

1.not the first time nintendo has done this if GF feels like that title or concept of a game may work great later on they copyright it so no other developer can steal it they have done this before with the non fruition of many and i mean many titles already with some saying that those titles are still in development so theres that so wil they be released first then or what if they are being developed .

2.Not officially confirmed by Nintendo to be released as of yet only copyrighted yeah so unless any release date is given probably not gonna happen soon if at all.

3.if its a gen 7 and is about to be released it would make the reveal of zygardes fourms absolutely useless as there is no way that nintendo is gonna make a pokemon introduced in a previous generation the gen 7 mascot and just revealing that to be introduced in a later game as a side legendary is a just something i dont see seeing the hype they have build around this thing and no way in hell are they gonna release gen 7 and the gen 6 middle game at the same time at least a year or 2 apart may be but not this early as it will only solidify for gen 6 middle title to fail horribly as the main scene would be the gen 7 game so get my point.

Verdict:Probally a game title copyrighted could be gen 7 or could be just another copyrighted title in GFs colection

Well i was wrong and am not afraid to admit it if nintendo does not pull a fast one and makes these as a gen 6.5 but still i really felt it kinda wastefull for the zygarde forms hype if it isnt a gen 6 middle title dosent it

I was looking around to see if anyone knew what that building was based on to guess what kind of Region this is. And for those who are still skeptic about this being gen 7, here is gen 7 pokemon #2. (it's incomplete btw)

90STnNx.png

mjNJw2A.png

The cheeky turds only showed us it's backside though. All I can make out is that it is some kind of bird.

• Global Mods

So they were real after all. If that picture with the building is part of the game, it looks like the graphics got more 3D from XY and ORAS . o .

Based on name alone I'll probably get Moon, since I like moon-related aesthetics more than sun usually.

for some weird reason its giving me a sparrow or a woodpecker vibe from that pokemon as for the building am i the only one who can see a hotel or a tourist location possibly European or american just me though

Well guys, we WERE told that the whole Kalos backstory was not done, and that it would be expanded on in a neighboring region, right? Now Kalos is inspired to France, so it stands to reason that the next region will be inspired to a country that shares a border with France, like Spain or Italy.

Although, I know Florence better than my pocket and with God as my witness I tell you, that pic has NOTHING to do with Florence. Like, not even close. Rome is the city famous for the fountains, so if anything my guess would be that... But even that is a stretch. Truth is, it's too soon for this kind of speculation.

Well, I wouldn't know since I've never been to Florence.. Italy was too giant for me to visit fully even if I lived there for a good few years. But that picture did look like something italian and more fashiony or fancy than say..for example..England. Definitely does look European to me but wellp, we will see eventually with more info. There was this theory on reddit.. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/47j8ie/theory_about_why_pok%C3%A9mon_sun_and_moon_might_be/

Personally I hope this person is correct in what they're going to do in sun and moon