Good moveset for Absol (also Mega) (Pokémon Reborn)

Cool Girl

So, I'm thinking ahead and I want to know what is a good moveset for Mega Absol. I know that right now all the mega stones are not available in Reborn and not all the TM's are available, but like I said, I'm thinking ahead, so without further ado, here's my "ideal" moveset for Absol.

Mega Absol @ Absolite

Timid Nature

Ability: Magic Bounce (I don't know how I'm going to get this ability)

Moves:

Ice Beam

Thunderbolt

Dark Pulse

Flamethrower

Let me know what you guys think!

• Global Mods

Absol is more of a physically oriented Pokemon than special, so I would use a physical moveset instead.

My Absol in ORAS has Swords Dance, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Double Team, and it works awesomely. Those are all moves it can learn by level up.

Absol @Scope Lens

Adamant Nature

Ability: Super Luck

- Swords Dance

- Psycho Cut

- Night Slash

- Sucker Punch

Scope Lens and Super Luck will make your chance to crit a lot higher, if combined with Night Slash you'll have almost a crit every move

Swords Dance is for setup, if the enemy makes a predictable switch or attacks you with a non lethal attack this move will make Absol a lot more stronger

Sucker Punch is a must have on Absol, STAB + Decent power + High probability of a crit thanks to Scope Lens/Super Luck + Priority, 'nuff said

Psycho Cut has good power and is for coverage over Fighting types, it even has a great crit ratio so it can be lethal

If you don't wanna run 2 Dark type moves you can swith one of them for Superpower (imagine this move with a crit, damn) or Aerial Ace for Bug coverage

EDIT: Ninja'd :c

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Mega Absol has the ability Magic Bounce, you'll only be able to see that after Absol Mega Evolves and you check its stats in battle. Definitely go for a fully physical set. With Magic Bounce you won't have to worry about Will-O-Wisp halving its attack, and while 115 base SpA on its mega is respectable, letting 150 base Atk go to waste with Swords Dance available via level-up is a waste really.

What I recommend as of E15: Super Luck ability with Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Night Slash / Psycho Cut OR Play Rough if you're willing to breed for it (breed a female Absol with a male Dedenne/Mawile etc. that knows Play Rough). Night Slash and Psycho Cut both have an increased critical hit ratio which stacks with Super Luck, so you will be critting a lot with this set.

When we get the relevant TM, Mega Stone and Ring, the set should be: Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Play Rough / Rock Slide. Since Mega Absol has Magic Bounce instead of Super Luck, just ditch Psycho Cut and Night Slash for coverage.

That's a good setup.

Remember to change the nature of Absol to either Jolly/Adamant (Jolly would be better) and EV train attack and speed to have maximum potential from your Absol :)

Edited by Jimmy

Yes even for Mega. You don't benefit from your current Timid nature, since you're going for Physical moveset.

Jolly / Adamant so it doesn't decrease your physical attack stat but instead lowers your Spe.Attack since you're not running specials.

I would recommend Jolly over Adamant since Speed is Absol's lower stat than Attack, so it gives a good speed boost for it. With full attack & speed EV trained jolly Mega Absol, it outspeeds easily base 115 speed stat mons.

Absol is kinda weak on defense side, so you wanna make sure Absol hits fast and hard.

Edited by Jimmy