Ymora Academy Chapter 2: Breeding Dragons [IC]

Chim

A month had passed at a rapid rate. All students had to take many tests; from knowledge to skill. Earlier this week there were two unexpected ones. The first test had many ‘what if’ cases while the second one tested knowledge many first years didn’t possess. The teachers claimed that many of these questions were supposed to be answered during future lessons but that they wanted to see what the level of the basic knowledge was amongst the new students. Those test were by far the hardest but no grades were given. No one knew how well –or bad- they had scored. Rumors, started by second and third years, said that the ‘what if’ cases were the most important written test. None of the teachers was willing to deny or confirm this. Not even Archibald Fisher who snarled at the students at every possible chance he got.

A lot of students couldn’t help but wonder how well they had done. Even if they didn’t want to obtain a restricted Pokémon. Of course there were a few exceptions. Samantha was as lively as usual during every test she had to take and Kay didn’t seem to struggle in the least. Matt performed well in the field tests but struggled when it came to the written knowledge tests. He always denied it when Kay started to tease very subtly. Aside from that the RoG agents barely spoke. When they first received their orders Matt was adamant about obtaining a dragon type. He even went so far as to claim that Kay’s participation in this mission wasn’t needed. Kay just accepted it without a discussion, until Matt mentioned Samantha. Apparently he was convinced the redhead was another RoG member, but Kay wasn’t. It didn’t make any sense for a fellow agent to show up out of nowhere without them knowing. He had told Matt to worry about the Dragon mission while he focused on finding out more about Samantha.

A week had passed without much progress when Kay saw his change to get to know the redhead. But so far he had failed to get any more information from her. Her existence was an absolute mystery to him. And to Kay’s annoyance he didn’t have much free time due to all those tests. Luckily for him, and the other students, the end was near. Tomorrow they would leave for a 3 day field trip. That’s why all the first years were gathered once more in the Contest Hall where Devin Cadmus would hold a small speech concerning the Breeding Facility.

The Elite Four Member’s presence alone was enough to keep everyone quiet. And like usual he didn’t waste any time. “Some of you might remember that this Facility we’re going to visit, belongs to a good friend of mine: Alastair Connor. He’s considered the most knowledgeable, and probably best, breeder in this entire region. We used to travel together back in our days and his strength rivaled mine until we followed different paths. But even to this day his main team can rival the Elite Four. This alone should be enough to show you all that Alastair isn’t just a breeder willing to help us out.” The tone Devin spoke with made it clear he would not allow anyone to be disrespectful when in presence of his oldest friend. His eyes quickly scanned the crowd before he continued. “This particular Dragon Facility has a few branches. You all saw a map when Professor Redwood talked about this and you received one in the documents you got earlier this week. The main building focuses on the scientific process and analysis of the produced eggs. Another one holds all the eggs and there’s even an entire area for young dragons. But there’s one building that located far from the others.”

Behind the scenes Tyron Silva had been waiting for Devin to reach this part of the speech. He immediately dimmed the lights and started the giant projector once again. The map showed for about a minute with one building being marked with a red circle. The next slide showed the building in more details. It was massive. Bigger than the dorms and the main academy building combined. It was entirely made out of cold, brick walls enforced with steel. “This building is dangerous. No one is allowed to go there unless you are supervised. This building holds the strongest of dragons who were abused or hunted down. They do not like humans and perceive them as a threat. In order to defend themselves, they will attack on sight. NEVER go there!”

Devin waited a few minutes to let his warning sink in. “Now that’s out of the way, let’s talk about Roman Connor. He will be around for the entire three days. This won’t mean anything to any of you because I’m pretty sure most of you, if any, have ever heard about him. He’s the head of the Dragon Repopulation Project and has close ties with the official Ymora League. He also used to be the head of the Breeders Association but he resigned when he was placed in charge of the Anti-Hunter Movement. This means he’s the only man in Ymora who is tied with the 3 most powerful and influential organizations in this region. The first one being the Ymora League. They govern the gym leaders, trainers, coordinators and many other things that are related to professional battling involving Pokémon. The second one is the Breeders Association. All of you, especially the Breeders, should know about this organization. Everything involved with Breeding is their responsibility as well as keeping an eye on the wild Pokémon. Alastair is currently the second most influential man in this organization. Roman used to lead this one until he stepped back. The third organization is the Military Police. They handle everything that involves crime. Recently they started a new project in co-operation with the Breeders Association: The Anti-Hunter Movement. Roman Connor is the current head which means he has a busy schedule. For him to take 3 days off to educate you all is a unique chance. It will be your first contact with the professional world and a chance to make connections for your future.”

The slideshow stopped and the lights went back on. That was all for this small announcement. You have the rest of the afternoon free to prepare for the upcoming three days.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like at the end of last month's speech, people began to get up and file out. Maya didn't bother sticking around too much longer either... Bird Christ knows she had tried to find a better spot than the last time, but lo and behold, she had somehow still ended up right in front of the same bunch that had annoyed her the last time. Yeah... no... let them talk each other to death all they want, she was out of there.

Folie was by her side as she exited the double doors and strolled out into the open air, that notorious smirk of his baring wide as he contemplated the last month... it had gone by fast, hadn't it? Maya had seemed pretty damn confident on that long gauntlet of tests, from what he'd seen. But then again, she honestly didn't have a reason not to be confident- she had just spent the past five or four years or so of her life having old man Wilk tutor and train them like he was a god damn drill sergeant after all...(hell, and maya wondered why he'd been so damn happy to say goodbye to the bloke at last) the only test he'd seen her even remotely struggle or display any uncertainty on was that last one. But eh, no biggie, he could understand why... there was only so much general knowledge the old man and his Scizor could've foreseen to try to insert into their sessions, on top of Strategy and Ethics... aaand, all the freaking questions were kinda intentionally designed to be beyond what the students would likely know right off the bat... so yeah... he wasn't about to hold that last one against her...much.

He caught a few partners and their trainers eying them as they passed, some glaring. He regarded them a single, cocky teal flash of his right eye, the smirk staying right where it was as he gazed eerily at them... a challenge. Most of the partners backed down at the sight and sought shelter behind their human's legs. Good, good. They remembered, good for them. They recalled the mind games. They recalled how hard it had been to aim with him stumbling like a drunk. They recalled the utter madness he created on the battlefield. He wasn't so funny now, was he? He wasn't a fool to be laughed at now, was he? Good... someday he would show that Absol just as well. His smirk only grew as he thought about the potential fight...

"Stop that already." Maya ordered. She herself was glaring at him now, with that same exact type of irritation she'd had back on the first day. "We may be doing well, but that's no excuse to get cocky." A chill rain through the panda as he reluctantly cut out the eye glow, his shit eating grin fading like washed out laundry. "The pride is always the greatest before the fall. Stay focused, or your own arrogance will be your undoing." Folie groaned as the entire quote was spoken in the native Kalosi it had originally been given in, and the just equally as native kalosi accent that so heavily made itself apparent regardless of what language the girl used.

"Spin..." He mumbled, folding his tiny arms. More blokes stared at them as they walked... he barely even glanced at them.

Satisfied, the girl finally broke off her own glare. The month certainly had gone by, between the constant testing and the battles they'd had. Both he and Titania had more or less plowed through the majority of their opponents like a bank of pure virgin snow. The extra bit of BP had certainly been nice and all, but honestly, she was just glad it was finally over. Even as confident as she was in herself, the testing had started to get a bit much after a while; especially the last one...

"Anyway..." She said. "we've already got supplies and everything, not that I think we'll really need a whole lot. And the bag is mostly packed so... I guess there isn't much else that needs to be done." Again, her eyes were on him... luckily they no longer smoldered... much. "Just try not to cause any havoc on this trip, alright? I know you..."

"Spin!" Folie flailed in mock recoil at the mere implication. how hurtful... and after he'd spent the entire month being good aside from occasionally wrecking folks, here she was, still suspicious he'd act up... C'mon now... that whole fake out thing had been a freaking month ago, why couldn't she just let it go already... "Spin, spindaaa!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever... you've calmed down abit since we've been here, but still... just keep yourself under control, alright?"

"Spin..." again, he groaned. Fiiiiiiine, whatever, god damn... it's not like he was planning to blow shit up or anything... she could at least have a bit of faith.

• Veterans

Once the speech had ended, Gaster emerged from the shadows it had submerged itself into. The last month went by rather quickly, for it at least. It had spent most of the time just floating around the academy, annoying the odd student here and there, when it wasn't battling at least. It'd grown quite a bit stronger, even with the few defeats it had gained early on, most notably to that Mawile, before it had started to truly shine. Though the defeats usually didn't matter much, Crescent had run through the opposition with ease after it had falled. The Absol was pretty strong when it actually decided to actively fight instead of being lazy and just sitting there. The idea of the trip did interest it a bit however, a new team member was usually a good thing. Maybe it'd have something to hang around aside from James.

Well, I'm still not all that interested in getting a dragon type..but maybe a Bagon or Dratini would be cool to have on the team.. James stood up and started walking to the exit, Crescent trailing behind while Gaster had vanished back into James' shadow, only a slight red glow being the only thing that could even hint at his presence in the shadow, ever since the phantom had learnt Shadow Sneak, it'd taken a liking to presiding in his Shadow, at least he knew where the thing was instead of it just turning up at random times. So far the year had been alright, the amount of tests they had to take were annoying but he didn't have all that much difficulty in most of them. "Well, time to go pack my bag...and your snacks Crescent, yes I know..." James added at the end when he glanced at the feline and noticed the Absol giving him one of those looks.

Immediately after the first students left the Contest Hall, every single Pokédex started to beep. The Academy had sent an official message to all first year students. It was short and very simple:

What kind of Pokémon do you wish to obtain during the excursion?

Dragon Type

Beldum or Larvitar

Other

All three answers could potentially be chosen by selecting the small boxes. There was also some space left for students to type in a specific Pokémon if they had made up their minds. A lot of students immediately answered. Matt for example almost smashed his Pokédex when he tried to select his choice. Kay on the other hand didn't care and selected all three options. And then there was Samantha. She obviously chose the last option and tried to fill the blank space with as many fire types she could spell in two minutes.

The replies were automatically registered in a small database that Redwood would be using. In the next few hours he would determine who would get their pick based on the earlier results, since some Pokémon could only be obtained by following strict protocol.

"Oh what do we have here?" Citrine glanced over at the Pokedex. "Hmm...Techie, looks like we're going to need a new buddy. Since Rosie is being a little grouch, why don't you help me out here?" The little Rotom hovered over her head to look at the screen. That old cat was only so much fun so this would be a new playmate who wouldn't glare at everything he did just because he was having fun.

"Let's see here...is there any Dragon I really want? Goomy is out of the question 'cause who wants slime on all their stuff. Dratini is cute, but I'm not too found of its evolutions. Axew is way too frail for this team. Hmm...Drudiggon creeps me out. What about a Gible?" Citrine suddenly remembered a story of how a man lost his head to a Garchomp. "...err...I like having a living brother. Alright Techie, which of these three do you like?" The little ghost popped into the Pokedex and deleted all but one of her answers. "...Henry is so going to kill me, but I doubt we're going to get that one. You know, maybe having a Bagon might help him get over that...grudge he has.

Citrine then skipped down from the Larvitar and Beldum selection because she heard everyone talking about those two...and she cared little for a Pokemon like that. "Alright Techie, now for the fun one. Let's think about who are next little buddy is going to be." The two typed quite a few different answers, but the two eventually settled on two very, very unusual Pokemon. "Haha! I feel like these two would be perfect. Hey Rosie, you want to see who you'll be working with later?"

The small cat was very curious to see what these two troublemakers managed to come up with together. She looked over and was surprised to see Spinarak as the first option. That one could be salvageable from this almost worthless duo. The second one...had to be a joke. She glared at the option she picked. Of course she WOULD pick something like an Onix for one reason alone. It really seemed she was only going to waste potential slots on some super worthless Pokemon like that when she could be going for something awesome like a Lucario or even a Greninja...not a damn weak snake. She simply turned her head and walked away.

"Well Techie and I are at least happy with it so the majority wins. Techie, get out of there so I can send it. I don't want to have to explain how you ended up on a teacher's computer...again." The ghost popped out of the Pokedex and watched the girl click the send button. Citrine then noticed her points. "Sigh...looks like I'm getting low on them again. I guess we'll be doing a bit more battling...or I could ask some handsome young man to buy me dinner. Surely a fine gentleman wouldn't leave a poor maiden in distress."

Rosie rolled her eyes seeing this over-dramatic performance. Even the Rotom was acting as if this was in pure misery...and it doesn't even need to eat. Still, those two were quite impressive. Citrine was not only able to keep up with her training to the others, despite that carefree personality, she could easily take control of that disobedient Pokemon and keep it from causing trouble unless Citrine wanted him to...which was a bit too often. It made her wonder one thing:

Could she possibly be able to fully control a dragon? She still had many doubts about this thought, but maybe her master was right. Maybe she did deserve to be here instead of him. Only time would tell as she was merely here to keep an eye on her. Besides, it was more important for her to be in top shape so that none of the other Pokemon would ever get the idea they were in charge...especially that annoying little ghost.

"Huh?" Folie glanced over as Maya looked at the screen. It looked like almost everyone else he could see in the distance was busy doing the same... what, had someone sent some type of viral email out over the web? Some Chain letter? Perhaps a skitty video... oh dear god... what if... what if... no, please, no wailords... god no... that would be terrible- twisted, even...what type of individual would even consider sending something so-

"What pokemon do you desire to obtain?" oh... um...nevermind then. Nothing to worry about, he guessed... Still, he was curious, was that really what whatever this viral thing said? Seemed like a kinda odd deal for a hacker to put that in a message...

"Spin!" He shouted, leaping up like a rabbit after the girl read the gist of the message aloud... in no time at all he had managed to somehow smuggle himself into her arms, face popping up between the girl and the screen as he read for himself...

"Whoa, hey!" She glared at the panda, just catching herself from going off balance out of startlement. "really, just... really, folie?"

"Mmmmm....Spinda spin." Just as quickly as he'd hopped up and scrambled into her arms, he jumped back to the ground, waving off what he'd just read with a dismissive hand. It had to be from the faculty, obviously, not some hacker... that was the only thing that made sense to him at least, given the contents and how little time had passed since that speech they had to sit through. Eh, whatever... he already knew what was gonna pick... just like he had known what was gonna happen the moment maya had headed for the steel type table last month.

"You know, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier, and yet you stood there and put up a fuss, as if you're totally innocent and I was the badguy..." with a slightly agitated sigh, maya returned her attention to the screen. It certainly wasn't a hard question; she'd definitely taken some time to think about it during the past month... and her decision had been pretty obvious from the start. All those years ago when Caid had asked her to pick a type, she had answered "Normal" for a reason... and when she had selected Titania of that table just the other month, she had done it for that same reason... the same reason she'd use to make this decision now. Even though it wasn't exactly a strict normal or fairy type, it certainly came close enough, didn't it? After all, it's basic stage was a normal and flying type... and even more, after it evolved, it not only was the only Dragon capable of naturally learning a fairy type move, or learning such a move through any method for that matter... but it's mega form even became a fairy type... And there were more than a few fond memories of old Icarus from when she and firon were growing up... well, back when they were little kids and before everything fell apart that night. Hell, he had been her mom's ace after all...

"It's done..." She said, typing one species, and one species alone in the text field by the Dragon option: Swablu.The dex went away immediately after she confirmed the choice. Folie could tell by the look on her face he'd been exactly right- as much time as she had spent in the Villa's garden trying to interact with that huge, bulky behemoth of a male altaria, just trying to get it him to wake up or move or... do anything really, besides perch atop that marble memorial all day long and sleep... well, he wasn't surprised. There was obviously something about that giant fluffy drake that had made her care enough to keep trying, right up until even the very day they had to leave... even though it was obviously pointless... so go figure.

He did know one thing however. That other newb who would be joining up in a few days... they had better damn well work for their keep if they were gonna cut even further into his Berry Stash... god damn, Titania was bad enough to have to share with, the fairy type literally had two- count em, TWO, not just one, but one more, which equals TWO- freaking mouths for crying out loud...

Drake spent about 15 minutes fiddling with the form until she figured out how to actually enter the text. It was... She really needed to learn how to use this thing. She hated how bad she was at this whole thing. She just resolved to figure it out as she needed to and that she'd get it with time. She at least hoped this would happen. Whisper snickered a little, at the exchange. She loved Emberly, but... she really was hopeless sometimes. Treble was in his Pokeball so he didn't have to witness this sad affair.

"Well, I know just who we are going to get for a new friend. A nice little Swablu. I've sure it will be a wonderful addition to our little family." Drake said. She always did like the little Pokemon. She was even more fond of the big fluffy bird it would evolve into. It was such a beautiful and graceful Pokemon. Drake wasn't too overly fond of Dragon times. They were huge big and frankly a little scary. People always felt she should have one due to the nickname, but she was never sure herself. She always heard they were temperamental and very hard to control. She wondered if her experience with Whisper would have made her a wonderful recipient as a result. While Whisper was more or less the opposite issue, she still couldn't help but feel maybe it would make it easier for her to understand them. She had to learn to understand how to deal with her issues with other people. Her shyness around people especially. She launched attacks at them she would get so scared at times. So, she figured keeping a small dog from lighting people on fire, that keeping a small dragon from lighting people on fire as well. Maybe a bit of translation there. It made her really want to reconsider her choice for the dragon she went with even if she wasn't that keen on getting one. She had the experience and could possibly be one of few students that could actually handle one of those creatures. It made her really feel like if she didn't she was wasting an opportunity. So, instead of just clicking the Dragon Option she listed a few that she might want to put on her team. She did it in order from the ones she most wanted, to the least.

Swablu

Dratini

Noibat

Deino

Horsea

Druddigon

Goomy

Trapinch

Skrelp

Tyrunt

Axew

Gible

Bagon

That was her order. Until she went to thinking. There was something she noticed while fighting Claude though not directly because of anything the lad himself had done. It was worrying about if he had a fighting move... and then, she noticed the shared weakness she had between her Pokemon. It was a wonderful moment of fridge horror as she realized it over the day she had taken her victory of how one Ground Move could've spelled her doom. So... suddenly she frantically panicked realizing even further that this would influence her list more. She had to go with ones that would quickly become Flying types, or had some way to mitigate her team's weakness to Ground type moves. So she racked her brain thinking of how to fix the list as a result. This was after taking about a few minutes to do it the first time. Ten minutes later she came to this version of the list.

Swablu

Noibat

Trapinch

Dratini

Bagon

Deino

Horsea

Goomy

Axew

Druddigon

She removed both Skrelp and Tyrunt as both were also weak to Ground, so it wouldn't be good to include any of them. Thing was she wasn't entirely keen on her list thus far. But, she was tired of spending time on it so she just resolved it was close enough and she'd decide for sure later on the trip. She wondered how many others would choose like she had, the bombard everything strategy. She skipped the other two categories though so not a true bombard everything strategy she suppose. After all she wasn't interested in Tyranitar or Metagross as they added more Ground Weaknesses to her team. She also wanted to obtain her dragon now rather than later. So, she was done fretting... for now.

• Veterans

Just as James was about to exit the building, he heard a familiar beeping coming from his Pokedex, to which he responded by grabbing it out of the pocket that he kept it in and opening it to see the message that was sent to it.

Dragon Type
Beldum or Larvitar
Other
Well, I was wondering whether to get a Dragon, and then they send us this... He was only a second away from selecting the dragon type option, when he realized something. A lot of people would click the Dragon Type or even the 'Beldum or Larvitar' option faster than a Zebstrika using Flame Charge, which meant that the people organizing this trip would be monitoring those who had selected those choices even more closely to see which would be worthy enough to obtain one. It'd probably be much easier to just select the 'Other' option and perhaps get a Dragon type later down the road. I don't exactly mind that idea...besides, I'm not sure I'm ready to handle something like a Bagon or a Dratini..even if that's one of the easier ones. "I think I have an idea on what to get..." The ebony haired teen muttered before typing in the name of the species in particular he had in mind, hopefully they had one there, it was quite the strange one after all.
"I guess I'll go with Nosepass for now, could be much worse after all..."James shrugged before submitting the form through the dex and putting the device back into his pocket. He wasn't interested in making a list of other species at the moment so he'd just leave it at that for now. "Now...to go find something to do, packing my bag now doesn't seem like the best idea for now. We've got the entire afternoon and or Evening to do that..."

'Why is everyone so worked up about getting a Dragon-Type? Most dragons can be threatened by just a little ice or maybe a blast of moonlight.' Wolt thought to himself as he exited the hall. Athena still enjoyed sitting on her trainer's shoulder and Inigo has gotten used to her enough to not growl when she got close. Wolt wasn't too sure about what pokemon he was going to catch during the trip, he was just going to go with the flow and catch whatever pokemon he may find. All one really needs is to have strong pokemon, just as long as you have that everything will be fine. Though his pokedex was starting to vibrate and he found this message.

Dragon Type
Beldum or Larvitar
Other

'So they want to see who wants what? Might as well give them an honest answer.' Wolt selected all three and instead of writing specific pokemon names he wrote, "I'm catching a pokemon who I see potential in. Whatever pokemon it may be." Then hit send. Athena was happy with her trainer. He may seem a bit lax when it comes to specifics or how he approaches people but she could tell he has a kind heart. Never for a moment was she angry with her trainer and hopes she never will. Inigo on the other hand was a little more then angry in Wolt's recent decisions. Picking random pokemon, not taking the chance to get a dragon to strengthen his team, heck back in Snowpoint he always boasted about how great his father was and how great he'll become. But after he arrived at this school something has been changing in him and Inigo did not like it. How is he going to get stronger and be with the best if his trainer is just randomly picking pokemon. He wouldn't be surprised if Wolt decided to train a Wurmple.

"Dragons…" Mie's voiced tapered out in a small murmur. She had only thought about Dragons once before back during the first mention on the first day but the very thought of being with a Dragon never really came to her. Even now, the first thought on the girl's mind was that she was still far from capable. After all, Dragons were generally quite intimidating. Someone like her never really had the potential to handle them anyway. Even if she did find the possibility of having a dragon type on her team interesting, it was something she knew could possibly end in disaster. Her mind flashed back to the image of the Hydregon for a second.

As she was contemplating her own capabilities, she noticed the official message sent by the Academy.

Dragon Type
Beldum or Larvitar
Other

Mie stared at the options in front of her. She was completely stumped as to what Pokemon she wanted. She had the option to pick a Dragon Type right in front of her. But such an option was still…

Even more of an issue was that team had some weaknesses which she desperately needed counters for. There were certain options like Drilbur or Trapinch which could help as a counter.

"Uuuugggh…" She moaned as she looked at the options. The Vulpix and Snorunt with her simply just sat and leaned on her from either side.

After staring at them for a second, she simply sighed. "It's alright. Everything will be just fine. What happens will happen for the best…" With that simple affirmation, she tapped in four options: Trapinch, Gligar, Deino, and Gible. After all, there was no harm in pressing a button.

Johnny didn't need anyone to remind him to not go into that building once he'd heard Devin mention what was in it the first time. Even just seeing how reinforced the building was gave him an uneasy feeling. He made a mental note to give that particular building a wide berth if they ever came within sight of it, which would probably be easy, since the building was associated with such a strong emotion that it would be difficult for him to forget what it looked like.

As soon as the announcement finished, Johnny headed towards his Dorm Room in order to prep for the next three days. However, he was interrupted by his Pokedex beeping. He took it out, and then checked the "messages" section, and saw the question. Almost immediately, he hit the "Dragon Type" box so hard he nearly cracked his Pokedex's screen,then thought about his choices for a while, and finally selected the "Other" box, entered "Golett" into the Textfield, and hit "Submit". Then, he continued what he was doing before he'd received the message by heading off to his Room in the Boys' Dorm and then packing the necessary things into his bag. After he'd done that, he decided to wander about a bit, heading out of the Boys' Dorm and just ambling around the campus, Ignizelka and Sylvia following him as they usually did. The past year had gone smoothly for Johnny, the only difficult part being the other students due to his reclusive nature, but even so, it wasn't that much of a problem.

Edited by K_H

A month has past. Toshiro decided to focus on his studies and forget the whole 'cheating' incident with Kay. Toshiro was determined to become a certified breeder and not dwell in the past events. It's all sleep, eat, study about pokemon, repeat for him ever since as he learns a couple of new tricks when it comes to breeding Pokemon.

As the lecture ended, Toshiro steps outside, still lingering on the warning the prof gave them. wow..that is place is filled with hazards and vicious pokemon, i'm surprised if made it out without a scratch there. I guess i just have to be extra careful then. especially handling those dragon pokemons. they seem to be the top dog of the typings around there. Welp, a dragon is a dragon, got to respect its genetics i guess. Toshiro shrugs as his feelings for dragon types are pretty neutral. He isn't a fan about it and at the same time doesn't hate it either.

Dragon Type
Beldum or Larvitar
Other

Oh? what's this? Toshiro immediately grabbed his vibrating pokedex. "It seems i have a text message of some sort." Toshiro carefully reads the text.

Hmm, interesting choices here, i could go for a Dratini if I pick dragon type.. but i'm not confident on how to train it though. perhaps i'll go somewhere in the middle. Beldum or Larvitar. Hmm, Beldum is genderless so that's a no for a breeder. Toshiro disregards the option. A Larvitar could be a challenge, but i have to feed it a mountain worth of earth before it evolves. ..meh, i think i'll pass.

Hmm i always wanted a lion. Shinx or Litleo, hmm well there's no harm in picking both, i'll decided when i get there. If I can raise a lion and an elephant. i could definitely train anything higher than that category. Toshiro picks his options and tucks away his pokedex. He went straight to his dorm room and get his packs ready for the upcoming field trip.

Edited by Ragnar

Robert lets out a sigh of relief as he walks out of the 'lecture,' his Espurr walking besides him as things sunk in. To think it had been about a month at the Academy. The battles they had fought, all they had studied for and had been tested on, while not exactly the imagined 'dream come true', and more into a very nice reality. Especially with a second partner by his side.

What kind of Pokemon do you wish to obtain during the excursion?

Dragon Type

Beldum or Larvitar

Other

And with this new message, it seemed to mean a third will likely be on the way. 'Esp?' Hearing the curious sound Robert looked down, the Espurr looking up at him with her usual wide eyes.

"Oh, it's nothing, just about the trip, a question about a new possible partner for you and Kiai." She nods and stand still besides him, leaving Robert to look back to the Pokedex and answer the message. The Dragon option was defidently alluring, there were quite a few good Dragons he could choose from, so that's an easy yes. Other, that seemed great, though the type box made it seem they wanted a specific answer, which he didn't really have... "Let's just hope this fits In the text box..." He made sure to put 'undecided, all depends on the Pokemon personally'. After all, he wouldn't have felt right 'deciding on' Kiai or making Espurr be his, why start now. However, he didn't check the middle option. He wasn't really too interested in those two. Not exactly against it, but that box seemed more like 'if that's the goal'. With that he sent the answer, heading back to the dorms with Espurrtrudging along besides him.

Dragon Type

Beldum or Larvitar
Other

As soon as Lucas left the Contest Hall, his Pokedex started beeping, showing him that question. After one month of training and studying, the excursion that was presented there was a nice change of pace, not to mention, another opportunity to get a new Pokemon.

"Beldum and Larvitar" was the only option Lucas didn't tick. Beldum didn't have good sinergy with his team, and Larvitar's Sand Stream could have hindered the rest of the team.

However, there were a lot of Pokemon Lucas was considering to obtain. A Dark-type to cover Gastly's other weaknesses, a Water-type to deal with Rock or Ground types, and even more. This is why Lucas checked both of the remaining options, leaving a message as well (rather than just a list of Pokemon).

"Deino, Piplup, Horsea, but it doesn't have to necessarily be one of them. It could be any Pokemon I see potential in."

Still surprised to see that the entire message could be written there, Lucas submitted the answer.

((may talk about the past month more in-depth in another post. Also, how many Pokemon can one trainer catch during the adventure again?))

The rest of the day flew by in an instant. Every student was asked to pack their camping equipment as they would spent the night in tents. They gathered at the gates at 7.30 AM so the drivers could leave at exactly 8 AM. The drive would take 3 long hours and when the students arrived, they had exactly one hour to pick a tent before lunch was served. All that was explained by professor Redwood and Devin Cadmus on their respective busses. Tyron and Mr. Fisher were represent as well. The Gym teacher was his energetic self while Mr. Fisher didn’t say a word to any of the students during the entire trip.

With 30 minutes left, Devin and Redwood started to explain the last part of information. “We will divide you all in groups of 5. I will now announce all the groups and when we arrive, the team leaders are to come to me personally,” Redwood said. He then started to announce the groups. Mayanna, Claude and Toshiro were some of the students mentioned to be in charge.

“All the team leaders will receive an Ipad from the Academy. The first day will be like a treasure hunt and you have to find the answers with your team. Look for the researchers mentioned on the Ipad to receive the tasks. This hunt will start as soon as you’re all settled and had your lunch.”

Redwood’s explanation ended at the exact same time the first bus, with Devin, arrived at the grounds. The first students were already leaving the bus when the second one with Redwood parked behind the first one. Two researchers, a man and a woman, greeted the Elite Four member, who walked over towards the fence. They started to chat a little and were soon joined by Redwood who had a box in his hands. The four adults were standing in front of a large black fence that was currently opened. They kept talking while the students gathered their stuff. It wasn’t until the first team leaders approached Redwood, they stopped talking.

Toshiro, Claude and Mayanna all three received an Ipad. Redwood then instructed to follow the path towards the big open space. The large grounds had 4 giant buildings. They were placed in a half-circle with a fifth building at the far opposite. The first building was also made of grey, brick stones and was about 10 meters away from the students. The other three looked almost the same with only some slight color differences and different doors.

The path led towards almost the middle point of the grounds where multiple large wooden tables were placed against one another. Not far from those tables were multiple tents divided in two sections; one for boys and one for girls. Each of them had a two smaller wooden shacks containing bathrooms and showers. Each tent was big enough for four people. The first students were already picking out tents while chatting with each other. The Team Leaders already received their first task: gathering their team members. For Mayanna this meant she had to find Jonathan, Emberly, Mie and Matt.

Claude was tasked with finding Kage, Robert, Lucas and Samantha while Toshiro had to track down James, Citrine, Wolt and Kay.

In the meantime some of the researchers working at the facility started to fill the large table with all kinds of sandwiches, free for the students to eat as much as they liked. Just for these three days they didn’t have to worry about BP.

((OOC: I’m going to let everyone meet up and after that you’re all free to wander around. I’ll update later with all the specifics of each building so just say where your group is going. This makes things easier for me.))

• Support Squad

Claude's group

Trip time! Not quite what he had in mind for becoming a coordinator but he imagined hiking could be fun. A lot of people he knew ejoyed it at least. It couldn't be too terrible. Wih these thoughts Claude walked along the path and claimed a table for his team. He then finagled his team members pictures from the Ipad and immediately showed Doux the pictures.

"Get familiar Doux, you're going to have to find them. Probably several times if I'm right." Justto be sure, Claude grabbed a sticky note from his camping supplies, he felt so smug for thinking ahead like this, and wrote "FOLLOW ME!" onto the small sheet. He then put it on Doux and sent the flying fairy off to search through the crowd of milling students.

Doux proceeded to find each member, chirping loudly in their ears and showng them the note and guiding them back before going off to find the next person. Claude waited patiently, eager to meet his team mates.

Toshiro's group

Oh boy it seems i'm being assigned as a team leader now. Well, I do like keeping my things tidy and organized and managing a group of people shouldn't be any different right? Toshiro said to himself as he sits at a wooden table nearby. Well then, let's see what they look like. Toshiro swipes the ipad given to him and thoroughly scans their profile. Hmm finding these people is harder than i thought, i don't know any of them with the exception of Kay. "

"Well, we better get moving, the sooner we can find them the sooner we can get to eat" Toshiro said to his mons.

Toshiro did it the old fashioned way and went straight into the crowd in search of his teammates. Bulbasaur held up high a medium- size paper with vines, Saying "James", "Citrine", "Wolt" ,"Kay" as Toshiro Announce their names repeatedly. Panzer repeatedly toot its trunk like a trumpet to acknowledge his master's announcement.

"Anyone with the name James Edwards, Wolt Royce, Luna Baldwin and Kay ((insertlastnamehere)) Please report to this location at once" Toshiro said with a clear voice and continues to bark his announcement until he assembled his group.

Claude's group

An unusual Pokemon cry startled Lucas and Grimace. The cause was a Cottonee with a note put on it: probably one of the team leaders' companions that was sent there to gather the rest of the group. Although Grimace didn't know what was going on and was about to attack the Grass-type with Clear Smog, Lucas stopped him in time, then followed Cottonee and approached his trainer.

"Here I am!" announced Lucas from afar, as Grimace and the other Pokemon were still glaring at each other.

((if there seems to be anything unclear or wrong in here feel free to point it out))

Edited by Cyaloom

Toshiro's group

"Ooooh! That's an interesting little device you got there. Must be kind of fun being the leader and all that." Citrine had her mouth full so it could be a bit hard to understand her. She had taken the luxury of grabbing a few sandwiches, still in her hand, before having to head off. The Skitty behind her was disgusted by the sight of her glutton trainer not wasting a second to eat free food. Citrine then took a moment to swallow her mouthful. "You don't seem the leadery type, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers."

Meanwhile, Techie was busy glaring at the Ipad, but he restrained himself as much as he could. There was a Skitty watching his every move and he really didn't feel like being beamed into a ball. Well...it wouldn't be too bad considering how boring and techless this place was. The only place worse had to be that Academy Forest where nothing fun was at. Still, his master was always fun to be around so for once, he would withhold himself.

"By the way, I can tell we haven't met, pony[-tail] boy. The name's Citrine and don't ever call me Luna again. If you do that, we'll get along great. And oh, it looks like Frosty is in this group too. Man, this is going to be a fun trip."

• Veterans

Toshiro's Group

James was off to the side, leaning on a nearby tree, arms crossed behind his head and waiting for his name to be called out. Crescent was out next to him, the larger Absol being surprisingly mild today. Usually he was either grumpy about not being able to sleep for as long as he wanted to or just sleeping. Gaster was....well, he had no idea where that mischievous specter went off to. Hearing his name getting called however, he started making his way to his group.

"Yo. James here. Nice to meet y'all, I guess, seeing as I've never met you guys, I guess." Crescent had followed his Trainer as usual before stopping next to his trainer and looking at the 2 other people that had already come to their small group. A kid with black hair and a pony tail with a Phanpy and Bulbasaur and a Girl with long blond hair and a Rotom floating next to her. The Absol's eyes narrowed for a moment at the sight of the little ghost before going back to normal. No need to get worked up before even interacting with the specter...it couldn't possible be as bad as some of the ones he saw back in his day....right?

Toshiro's Group

While the Toshiro's call may have been obnoxious, it was effective. Most of the group has already assembled, though Wolt really wanted to put on some ear plugs. "Hey guys, since most of don't know me, I'm Wolt." He had come to accept the Citrine was going to keep calling him by that nickname so he paid it no mind. Athena was once again on Wolt's shoulder chewing up the last of the pecha berry she was eating. Wolt could never understand why pokemon enjoyed sitting on people's shoulders but he never really minded it. Inigo, on the other hand kept his distance from the group while still keeping an eye on them. There were too many new people to deal with and he wasn't in the mood. "Seems like we're missing one more." Hopefully he'd get here soon. He should, who could miss all this yelling.

Kage nearly jumped out of his skin when the Fairy-type made noise in his ear. He had been listening to music with one ear, absentmindedly milling about and thinking about the Pokemon he'd like to catch here. After puzzling out the buttons on the digital screen (the school was chock full of the damn things, and they were the bane of his existence) he'd chosen the options for both a Dragon-type and the other pseudo-legendaries, but the truth was he had no idea what he wanted next.

As the Cottonee flew off once more, Lucas informed him that the other fairy wanted Kage to follow it. He grumbled something incomprehensible and followed the flighty Pokemon, the look on his face serving as a method of clearing the crowd in front of him.

Mayanna's Group

"Well, looks I don't know a single one of these people... " Maya muttered as she browsed the photos of her team on the device, swiping a finger across the screen in quick succession as she memorized them. The first one was a dark skinned boy with black hair and green eyes. Johnathan, he was called. He honestly didn't look like anything too noteworthy aside from the dark tan; after him though, she came upon the image of a tall girl with hair the shade of dying embers... fitting given her name; though, with that sheer height, Maya would've had a hard time believing she was a student and not some faculty member or intern if she wasn't staring right at proof of it. Yet another girl's photo soon followed behind Emberly, this one- Mie, her name was -with Silver hair down all the way to her hip and eyes the color of blood... If Maya didn't know any better, she'd almost swear the girl had albinism or something. The last one was another guy- unlike Johnathan though, he looked to be the completely stereotypical, cocky 'tough guy': Short, black hair paired with thick and burly eyebrows and brown eyes, wearing a muscle shirt and ripped jeans to boot... Matt, his name was.

"Folie, Titania," She called to the two at the other side of the table. "Take a look at these. Memorize their faces. I need you to go into the crowd, find them, and bring them all here." The two studied the screen, Folie going first then passing it to Titania. The fae nodded as she handed the device back, both of them got up, ready to begin their search. Titania disappeared behind the throng of legs and idling students first. Folie, however, stopped cold as Maya called out "Oh, and Folie... don't try to start any fights like when you wandered off during registration. You remember how that went, right? And what we talked about yesterday?"

The panda glanced over his shoulder at the girl, seeing the pointedness in her eyes. He would've protested at her lecturing him yet again, but he could recall the last time he'd been on probation. A shudder that ran through him at the very thought. He hadn't been allowed out of his ball except for when Caidmus called them to the garden to train or it was time for a meal... and his meals for a good 2 weeks straight had consisted nothing but a loose, pale green mixture of energy powder and water. He hadn't starved, not at all, that had not the intention. The powder had been rich enough in nutrients and well.. energy to keep him going even better than any normal food would've... the point had been the fact that, while it would had kept him fueled even better than regular food, it had also had the horrible downside of tasting like the most bitter, shitiest thing that had ever passed his maw. And Folie knew full well that the girl truly did have the substance on her person, he even found a few familiar containers of it in her bag during the bus ride after he put her to sleep...just like he always had to during long rides or whenever she started to...lose it a little.

"Spin..." He said, nodding simply. Not even a moment later, he too was off and into the crowd, dodging legs and knees, maneuvering around partners and glancing up at student's faces every chance he got, trying to find a match to those he had just memorized. Just as the steel type was doing not too far away.

[Claude's Group]

Robert turned in comfusion from looking around the area around them as he heard the unfamiliar chirping sound, being met with the sight of the Cottonee with a note that said 'Follow Me' stuck to it's head just before it turned around and headed away. "Huh... Well, I guess that's for us?" He shrugged and waved Kiai to follow as well, following the floating grass type to the table and arriving with the Riolu right besides him, looking around curious about the brand new area. "I was supposed to follow the Cottonee here, right? Or did I mess that up?"

Edited by TurboAura

Toshiro's group

"Wow, you guys are really attentive, for a minute there, i though was gonna lose my voice from repeatedly calling out your names in this crowd like a broken record. We assemble pretty quickly than i thought. Let's keep it that way for the next following days to ensure a fun and safe trip together." Toshiro said with a smile as a group of students approach him.

Toshiro observes them from head to toe from the moment they arrive at the scene. The first one seems to be very brash girl name 'Citrine', there shouldn't be any trouble communicating with her. she seems to be a straight forward person and says what she feels. The next was a boy named 'James', not much about to say about this boy except that his Absol seems to be looking pretty grumpy. The third was another boy with a cap and an azure hair that was accompanied by a sneasel that seems to be on the lookout. Wolt seems to be acquainted with Citrine of some sort.

"Oh and Miss citrine, it seems that your Rotom is really attracted to this ipad. I must inform you, this is not a toy. it some sort of a device that communicates with the Professors. I suggest you keep your rotom away from this for safety reasons. It's plasmatic body might disrupt this device's signal." Toshiro said as he turns his attention to Citrine.

"Oh right, where are my manners. Greetings everyone, My name is Toshiro, i'll be your leader, your fault guy whenever you do something.. hmm, how should I put this ahmm..'not smart' and your camping buddy for these following days. A pleasure to meet you all." Toshiro said and respectfully bows at them.

"Now we're just waiting for the last member to arrive." Toshiro said as he resumes calling out Kay's name in the crowd.

Edited by Ragnar