DanganRonpa discussion

NickCrash

Hello freshmen, this is your principal speaking.

Yesterday I began and finished this wonderful anime called DanganRonpa. The plot is well-made, the characters believable, and some times you get emotionally attached to some of them, their motives, their passion for certain things, and some of the interactions between them resemble a real life situation, as opposed to the majority of anime dialogue. As you can tell, the main focus of the anime is not some clash of superpowers or an adventure chasing dreams. It is about humans, and how they hate, how they love, how they achieve what their mind and heart wish, and how they treat their peers. Oh, and there's also an evil bear...

Now, the story revolves around 15 high school students who are trapped in their new high school, and the only way to "graduate" is to kill someone and get away with it. Of course that is only one part of the "game" they are supposed to play. I won't say more not to spoil anyone who has not seen it yet.

This topic was created to discuss about the characters of the show, get more info from those who have played the game, and prepare ourselves for what's coming in mid 2016 when the 2nd season of the anime airs, after such a long time. Before we move on to the new things, we should get to the heart of the original, and even learn something from it. I mean, it's humans like us after all, and their thinking process is no different to ours.

Just like Reborn, you can check out if you want, but you can never leave...

mikan is best grill thats all you need to know

If you thought the plot/character development in the anime was good, You should, no, you must play the game. If you can read Japanese or have a Vita, play the second game too (which imo, has better characters).

Like you said, once you're in the Danganronpa fandom, escape is no longer an option.

It is a total of 5h so you can watch it all in 1 day if you're interested.

I knew there was a game but never played it. As far as I know, there's going to be a 3rd game that will coincidentally be the 2nd season of the anime.