1. 1. Dragon Slayer?

• Natsu Dragneel - Fire
    • Gajeel Redfox - Iron
    • Wendy Marvell - Sky
    • Laxus Dreyar - Lightning
    • Cobra/Erik - Poison
    • Sting Eucliffe - Light
    • Rogue Cheney - Shadow

Welcome one and all to a discussion forum for all things Fairy Tail. Hoping that there's a sizeable fan community here to discuss the latest chapters, happenings and what not.

Feel free to hypothesize, theorize, talk about the characters, settings, plots, even the foibles if you absolutely feel it needs to be said.

So; go HAM and let your imaginations run wild! Be warned anime only viewers though, as spoilers may be ahead for ye.

P.S. Yes I know that this is awfully similar to the One Piece thread ( >.<)

WENDY FTW

BEST DRAGON SLAYER HANDS DOWN

tumblr_nsdy2oyd3A1s3ttsuo7_500.gif

Dragon Force sz

Just read the 468, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ANNA AND ZEREF, PLEASE HIRO.

Oh, and I hate Zoldeo, fire him asap, we want him ded.

And I think we all agree that Brandie will be converted to Fairy Tail. That relationship with Lucy is too strong to be an enemy.

I am still mad that Wendy never got to do the shadowed-face-and-red-eyes thing.

This is probably my fav series of all times. It has a fantastic plot. And boobs. And some surprisingly deep characters. And boobs. And a very compelling structure that builds up the characters and setting properly before diving into the bulk of the plot. And boobs. And what is possibly the sole instance of a love story that got my attention AND did a lot for the plot. And boobs.

There ARE many aspects of the story I wish were done better, and some fatal flaws that I feel are keeping the series from becoming the worldwide hit it could and should have been. But I forgive it because of the feels, the good times, and the genuine laughs it has given me. And the boobs.

• Support Squad

I called Natsu's real identity as soon as E.N.D came around in the Tartaros Arc and now I'm waiting to hear about the NEXT relevant arc.

FT is just one of those series that you have to wade through a lo to get to the good stuff, So I can only tolerate an arc every year or so

I called Natsu's real identity as soon as E.N.D came around in the Tartaros Arc and now I'm waiting to hear about the NEXT relevant arc.

Trust me on this, you weren't the only one who called it :3

Oh, and I hate Zoldeo, fire him asap, we want him ded.

And I think we all agree that Brandie will be converted to Fairy Tail. That relationship with Lucy is too strong to be an enemy.

Rest assured, he dead, as of the Tenrou Island arc.

You're saying that about Brandy, but someone brought up a good point on the wiki about could Brandy tempt Lucy to join Alvarez? Doubt it's likely to happen, but to be honest, I don't really care where Brandy-chan ends up; I'm going to love her regardless <3

Well considering that Yukino has never been depicted to be even remotely in her league, and that nobody else has Golden keys, that was kinda a given :P

Wel.. yeah.. I like Yukino but I want lucy to have all zodiac keys

Now she needs to find the new aquarius key.. I liked her star dress: aquarius form ^_^

Ohh, and don't you think she needs a new ultimate power? Maybe She will unlock a very important spell like ''the one magic'' or something.

I don't really care where Brandy-chan ends up; I'm going to love her regardless <3

I feel sorry for Brandish now but before I was like DONT TOUCH MY LUCY BITCH

Frankly, I don't like the chances of Lucy getting a new capstone. What she already has is pretty powerful and well, Don't forget Natsu is the one who is inevitably going to defeat the major villain(s) and wrap up the plot. Or at least, after the whole thing with Igneel it is more or less guaranteed that he will defeat Acnologia, while I still have some reserves concerning Zeref because honestly, dude isn't evil in the slightest, so maybe his side of the plot could be resolved without violence.

Regardless, my point stands: I doubt Lucy will get a new capstone. Maybe some power up to what she already has, but I cannot see her going beyond that.

Regardless, my point stands: I doubt Lucy will get a new capstone. Maybe some power up to what she already has, but I cannot see her going beyond that.

I've been wondering, now that Lucy can use Star Dress, can she do an Unison Raid with a celestial spirit? I mean, the Urano Metria with Gemini in the Magic Games looked like an Unison Raid, but it wasn't (Since it's just one spell). It would be awesome if she could.

I think Zeref will be saved without violence (Friendship power: Active ! )

Well.. but at least Lucy will have her time to shine, because come on ! Eclipse must be opened or something like that.

Natsu is a bit Overpowered at this moment, don't you think? And what do you think Gray will do now?

Gajeel is useless in this arc. lucy >>gajeel

I've been wondering, now that Lucy can use Star Dress, can she do an Unison Raid with a celestial spirit? I mean, the Urano Metria with Gemini in the Magic Games looked like an Unison Raid, but it wasn't (Since it's just one spell). It would be awesome if she could.

She can do things like double Regulus Impact and.. i think thats it.. Capricorn star dress must be a little.. useless

Edited by luccaconde

Well if you remember the Tenrou Arc, she used the power of one of her spirits (I believe it was Scorpio) to perform an Unison Raid with Wendy. So yeah, I think now that she can essentially wield the powers of her spirits at will, nothing forbids that she combines them in even more creative ways, like I dunno, a Sand-Wind Unison Raid without actually needing to summon Scorpio, or summon a Spirit, Star Dress another, and combine the two powers in what is essentially a one-person Unison Raid... Or something else we cannot even imagine. Possibilities are endless.

Basically, what Lucy's capstone does is to bring to the extreme consequences what has always been her main strength: versatility. With her, it's not about having the power, it's all about using it in creative an unexpected ways. So yeah, who knows what she can come up with!

Natsu is a bit Overpowered at this moment, don't you think? And what do you think Gray will do now?

Gajeel is useless in this arc. lucy >>gajeel

This is precisely the kind of reasoning that made me leave Fairy Tail Base (a massive FT fansite I was part of). In a story, specially one with a plot as deep and as far reaching as this one (when you keep in mind that all the ramifications of the plot begin and end with Zeref, you see that this plot literally stretches over many hundreds of years), fights are mere plot devices the writer uses to advance the story, and a character is only as strong as the writer needs him/her to be to deliver that particular point in that particular battle. Therefore, speculating on who is OP and who is not, and who is stronger/smarter/more useful than whom, is a waste of time IMO.

As far as Gray is concerned, he made it very clear what his plans for the future are: he is not going to settle down and live happily ever after with Juvia (because I am not even considering the option that "the answer" he will give Juvia after completing his "mission" might be a negative one) untill E.N.D. is destroyed once and for all. Of course, now that he knows the supposedly dreadful demon is in fact his best friend, he is not so adamant anymore... But welp, that is his mission nonetheless. That is his goal in life. So yeah, I find a Natsu-Gray fight to end the show (with ultimate reconciliation and everybody's happy ever after) to actually be more likely than a Natsu-Zeref fight. Only time will tell I suppose.

This is precisely the kind of reasoning that made me leave Fairy Tail Base (a massive FT fansite I was part of). In a story, specially one with a plot as deep and as far reaching as this one (when you keep in mind that all the ramifications of the plot begin and end with Zeref, you see that this plot literally stretches over many hundreds of years), fights are mere plot devices the writer uses to advance the story, and a character is only as strong as the writer needs him/her to be to deliver that particular point in that particular battle. Therefore, speculating on who is OP and who is not, and who is stronger/smarter/more useful than whom, is a waste of time IMO.

Yeah.. about that.. sometimes is a little unfair

For example, the battle of Mirajane vs Sayla. I was expecting an exciting battle..but he nerfed Mira. NERFED A LOT(i refuse to talk about those books, pls) He didn't need to do that, she could just beat Sayla with her SUPER DEMON FORM KILL KILL Take Over. Such a waste..At least now she has Macro..

It seems like most of the time they want to show only the ''main group'' power. Like Erza vs Kyôka.

I LOVE Erza but for me that fight was SUPER NONSENSE, and most of the time when she fights, the power of friendship helps her(I'm not hating pls, i love her but it's true)

Gray, Lucy and Wendy are okay, there isn't so much ''nakama'' power up in their battles. And I know those discussions about who is better are retard unnecessary. I was just joking or maybe not

Look, the whole "battles solved with nakama power" thing is the main issue of this series, we are all perfectly aware of it. I mean, take that one time when Natsu beat Sting and Rogue in a handicap match: had Hiro booked it correctly, it would have made A LOT of sense. Natsu had a knowledge of the abilities of Sting and Rogue based on observation and strategic thinking, while they had of him a knowledge based only on rumors and assumptions: it was a MASSIVE tactical advantage for Natsu, and who better than Mavis, the Fairy Tactician, to comment on this in order to put the events in the right perspective? She had been in the crowd providing exposition the whole arc, it was an angle that pretty much booked itself...

... And yet, Hiro managed to screw it up, by having Mavis ramble about how Natsu believed in the power of friendship, which made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for the scene at hand, because Sting and Rogue were NOT your standard friendless villains, and in fact they knew more about the power of friendship than Natsu himself: so much so in fact that they pulled off an Unison Raid!

So yeah, talking about nakama power in a scene like that made no sense at all, and ruined a perfectly valid angle. And yet, Hiro did it, he wasted time talking about nakama power: why? Because it is his fixation. Not just in Fairy Tail, but in other works of his as well, he rambles about nakama power at every turn. It's just the way he does things. Because of this, I believe this fact of having ALWAYS the same few people in the spotlight, and ALWAYS pulling off nakama power to solve any situation, is the fatal flaw of the series, something that will NOT improve or change as long as Hiro is the one writing the show. So yeah, no point in complaining about it, we gotta accept it or change the channel.