Urgent Site Update

Amethyst

I lied. The topic title was just to trick you into clicking here. And you fell for it. Sorry, not sorry.

god dammit ame you wasted my valuable time

In all seriousness, I'm really glad I discovered this place two years and a few months ago, even though it was by accident. Hope I can celebrate many more New Years here!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Here's to another HELL OF A LOT years!

Fixed for you :P

But in all seriousness Ame, everything I had to say on this matter, I already said in your 23rd birthday topic a while back. You know what? I think we should cut the thanking, as it is very pointless: you have thanked us, we have thanked you, but the bottom line is, this community has turned into a full-fledged family under our very eyes, despite the inevitable setbacks, quarrels, and problems.

And well, isn't it normal for a family to stick together? I have never seen a mother thanking her children for loving her: it is something that comes natural. So let's all stop saying how much we love each other and how much we are thankful to each other, and let's just keep on proving it by sticking together, day in and day out, like we have been doing so far. As I have said many times, Reborn has reached a point where the game is more or less a nice bonus, but what keeps the community together is something entirely different. Something that, as far as I am concerned, has no reason to end anytime soon.

All thanks to you. Are you at least a bit prouder of yourself, compared to last time I asked? :P

• Upvote 2

With the oldest trace of my presence being my registration at the creation of these forums, I couldn't even say any longer when it was we met. Was it Cedar Woods, with Rei? That one forum with the RP game that had all the crazy stats and stuff, with Stars, KoG, and the rest of the old gang? Don't answer, that was hypothetical.

Either way, I know I haven't been much of an active part of this particular forum's creation and growth, but it makes me happy to see everything, including your hopes and dreams, continuing to flourish. I suppose, above all else, that is what drew me back. This community, the community around you, is one of the few pleasant places from the last... long freaking time? that's still around. I've never been anyplace so diverse and welcoming.

I left without a trace, or a reason, or a point. I couldn't give you one single clue why. Ultimately, I wound up making important personal progress that I don't regret making, but I still feel like I have years I didn't spend here that I'd like to earn back.

And I will.

It's been almost a year for me and you guys haven't kicked me out yet.
Even though I have no year-long history here on Reborn, in the short time I've been here the place has grown on me a lot.

Ame, you and your "little" project have surprised me several times, from a game that I didn't expect to like to a community that I didn't expect to join to stories I didn't expect to hear.

You've got something real special on your hands there. Thanks for everything~

I never knew 10 years have passed since the launch of this site. That sure is a long period of time indeed.

But anyhow, thank you too Ame for making the wonderful game known as Reborn. It gifted me with new friends and new events to participate and join - and I really appreciate that.

Jeez, has it already been a year since I joined this forum? Wow. Lots of frustration, realizations, and overall fun with this game have kept me coming back for more and more, and it's not even finished yet! The community, as infrequently as I tend to interact with it, is lovely and I have to say that of all the forums for games I've visited, this one is one of the best simply because of the community. Keep up the fantastic work, Amethyst, and here's to a WONDERFUL 2016!

I've only joined this forum and played the game for a short time, but already my life has been CHANGED by this entire community

Thank you for this wonderful, heartwrenching game, Ame, and I hope life's fortunes will rain upon yo

So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being here, and being a part of all of this. It means the world to me.

Here's to another year.

To another year. And another. And another.

But in all seriousness, I think it is us who should be thanking you, for bringing us all new friends, good times, an amazing game and just the chance to kind of... start anew. Even though Reborn has royally fucked up my sleep schedule, and other things, I still love interacting with the people on the forums or the server... getting to know them... blah blah. Hell, I've even become a game developer through Reborn. I've been more dedicated to my art, to my music, to my hobbies in general. And I know FOR A FACT that i'm not the only one who thinks this. Just goes to show how much of a bloody amazing job you've done, eh?

Again, thank you Ame, from the bottom of our hearts, for allowing us to be here, to be a part of all of this. This site really means the world to us.

To many more years to come.

Edited by wytch_doctr

Well, thank you Ame for making such a wonderful game! Honestly without reborn, I wouldn't have gone and tried other pokemon fangames as well. I remember when I first started reborn two years ago I just couldnt wait to get out of my last class of the day at high school (chemistry) just to continue playing your game! Reborn even made me want to create my biggest art piece as of yet to draw all of the reborn leaders, and I thank you for that!

I hope with the last episodes coming will be the greatest. Happy new year!!!!

• Global Mods

It really amazes me what this place has been through and how much it influences people. At first I thought Reborn was just a game. A really good game, but nothing more than that. And I didn't sign up for the forums at first because I thought it'd just be a place to ask "Where can I find this Pokemon?" or "I need advice on beating this leader". I never imagined this site would be as active as it is, or that the game was based off a battling league (or that the community's history goes back even further than that league), and even after joining I didn't expect it to inspire so many others (including me) to make games of their own or do art, or just to improve themselves as a person in general.

Ten years? Wow, that is a long time. Can't say I'm the most active or involved person here (I do like this place quite a bit), but I certainly do hope that this place has many more years to come.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Advertised like an asylum, cherished like a family. Ame, you really have created a fine place here.

I feel bad that I only just recently discovered it, these last few months only accounts for a fraction of what Reborn had to offer across all those years. Probably the most notable part of these forums has to of been the allotted attention given towards everything to stimulate said community. An artificial league, and eventually a flagship fan-game must only of accounted for the most recent of your illustrious exploits. I can't help but anticipate whatever this place has in store for the new year.

I said before this place started as a community of just my friends. In a way, it still is. Maybe we've only spoken briefly in passing on the server, PM, what have you, or maybe you only know me as a character in a game, or the avatar that posts updates far too infrequently, or maybe you're staring at this post in mild skepticism because how could I possibly be implying that you're my friend...

...And half the time I say anything around here, it's "AHHH!! Something is wrong!!!". Nice to know all of us are dear to you, in some regard! As long as it's that way, ten years will seem like nothing, hmm?

Insertrandomissureheretomaintainconsistency

Edited by Cobalt996