Relearner / Gym of Aya

Wither

Hi guys, it's me again...In advance, sorry if this question was already answered, i couldn't find it in the forum. This game so far has proven itself to be really hard to beat...no point in comparission with any other Pokemon game i ever played....Anyway, back to the topic, i reached Aya's Gym. Already beat Fern, but Aya is killing me...I usually reach to defeat 3 pokemon at best and she already got me...anyway, i read in the forum (i have to said that thought about it previously too, but didn't went with it), is that a Mamoswine could do wonders...Lvl up a swinub until 37 learns EQ, then evolve to Piloswine and learn Mist to change the field...I'm still training Swinub, but i was thinking about the evolution of Piloswine...He must learn Ancient Power and then lvl up. The problem it's that i couldn't find that if this power is learned by Piloswine, only found that you can do it with the relearner...

So, my question: Where is he?? i understand that giving him a heart scale would make Piloswine to learn it. Is this true??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Yes, you need a Heart Scale to relearn Ancient Power. However, I don't remember when you can access the Move Relearner, so someone else has to answer that for you.

The Move Relearner is Located in the Onyx Ward, but the house is locked, and you have to find the key, it's in the Abandoned Railnet somewhere.

Yes, you need a Heart Scale to relearn Ancient Power. However, I don't remember when you can access the Move Relearner, so someone else has to answer that for you.

The Move Relearner is Located in the Onyx Ward, but the house is locked, and you have to find the key, it's in the Abandoned Railnet somewhere.

If I remember well, you have permission to use Strength after obtaining Aya's badge.

Strength is needed to enter in the Abandoned Railnet.

Yeeeeeeah I'm pretty sure that the relearner was changed to make It so you couldn't just Mamoswine her into oblivion. If you want another mon that wrecks Aya tho, try a Solid Rock Camerupt, which learns Earth Power, a base 90 STAB move that uses that strong special attack stat, via level up. Solid Rock should help it tank a hit if needed. Also maybe grab an electric type to eliminate Tentacruel.

It is also possible to breed Ancient Power onto a Swinub- though at that point, the only obtainable Pokemon that can do so is Dunsparce, which is Beneath the Grand Stairway.

Also not sure that Mamo would still wreck her considering her field lowers Earthquake's power now, although I suppose it is worth a try.

i found a "Dull Key" some time ago in the rails, near the door where the "kids" were kidnapped...i will look if it is that one...Also Will search the Relearner to see if i can find him...

About the Breeding, i don't know how to do that...I got a Dunsparce already in the PC, but is not trained.

My currently team is Charizard, Graveler, Pachirisu, Seaking, Unfeazant and Primape, with a couple of backups like Magneton, Cofagrigus, Diggersby, Gloom, and Dusclops. Also i have some pokemon that i already caught with high level, not trained: Beartic, Donphan and a fire/sinister guy i found in the lava mountain (don't recall the name)

Meowstic and Gothelle pretty much swept the gym for me. Drapion was the only issue. For your team, you could probably use Charizard to kill Drapion without much difficulty.If you have a male Meowstic, have it use Prankster Light Screen (make sure it has a light clay as its held item). This will protect your team from a lot of damage for 8 turns, plenty of time to defeat Aya.

It is also possible to breed Ancient Power onto a Swinub- though at that point, the only obtainable Pokemon that can do so is Dunsparce, which is Beneath the Grand Stairway.

Also not sure that Mamo would still wreck her considering her field lowers Earthquake's power now, although I suppose it is worth a try.

Mamo can learn mist which negates her field.

i found a "Dull Key" some time ago in the rails, near the door where the "kids" were kidnapped...i will look if it is that one...Also Will search the Relearner to see if i can find him...

About the Breeding, i don't know how to do that...I got a Dunsparce already in the PC, but is not trained.

The Key is called a house key, and the move relearner is a woman. I'll link the breeding guide here.

A good psychic type can sweep Aya. you just have to keep it alive

Espurr in Peridot, Gothita in Beryl Ward (I guess, don't remember well), Meditite in Apophyll Academy, Inkay by Headbutting trees in the Bixbysion Wasteland.

(That's just what I remember at the time, some information may be wrong)

If you want to search for yourself, check this topic.

Edited by Loyalitie

Guys i managed to lvl up swinub to Piloswine, learning Earthquake in 37...but now i need (i think) the house key for the relearner...but for what i saw online, it's not available yet at this point in the story...will it be the same to fight with Piloswine instead Mamoswine??

Guys i managed to lvl up swinub to Piloswine, learning Earthquake in 37...but now i need (i think) the house key for the relearner...but for what i saw online, it's not available yet at this point in the story...will it be the same to fight with Piloswine instead Mamoswine??

For aya's gym , what you really want is mist. You can use any other Ground type to EQ, but Piloswine should be fine