Change Default Location of Save File

PenguinRepublic

Hey there,

in order to be able to play this game on different PCs, I put the complete Reborn-Folder into my Dropbox-Folder.

The problem with this is: The Save-Files (.rxdata) are stil stored in the Games-Folder of each PC. If I save the game on one PC, I have to copy the Save-File to my Dropbox-Folder at first, so that I can continue the game on the other PC.

My question to you: How can I make the game store the .rxdata-Files in my Dropbox-Folder?

PS: Of course the game must also know that the Save-File is now in another folder.

Thanks everyone for your help,

PenguinRepublic

Edited by PenguinRepublic

Simply put, you can't.

All you can do to transfer savefiles between computers is to put them on something like a USB-stick or portable hard drive and putting the files in the same folder they're usually in.

For your savefile, that'll be C:\users\[username]\Saved Games\Pokémon Reborn.

To run the game, have it extracted somewhere on the C drive to be able to make it run with your savefile intact.

I forgot to say: With Reborn 14.6 it worked perfectly. When I saved the game, the Game.rxdata was stored in den same folder as the Game.exe.
So I put the whole Reborn-Folder into Dropbox and it worked perfectly. But now the Save-File isn't called "Game.rxdata" anymore, but (i.e.) "44 - Stoffel - 82h 26m - 12 badges.rxdata". Does it come with Reborn 15 that the Save-Folder can't be changed anymore?

PS: If so, I'd really wish Ame to change the Location of the Save-Files to the Reborn-Folder itself and not to an extrernal Folder. (Or even better: The option to select where the Save-Files should be stored, but this would use a little more effort I think :-) )

UPDATE: I just noticed that on my Windows XP (Yes, I'm still using that old shit) the Save-File ist stored in den same Folder as the Game.exe, but on Windows 10 it's stored in the external Games-Folder.

Edited by PenguinRepublic

There you have it. You're playing on XP to let that happen and as far as I'm aware, XP didn't really support the system we're now using.

Your savefile is still named Game.rxdata, the thing you mentioned there is a backup savefile, which the game creates whenever you save the game, making it easier to revert to earlier states in case a corruption occurs.

I'm not really sure whether it's possible to change the base location of where games are stored away, because it's coded into the Essentials base.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

in case someone's still looking: I've solved this problem by writing a PowerShell script that sits in the game's folder on a USB stick, always copies the save file into the appropriate place, runs the game, waits until you stop playing and close the game, then copies the new save onto the USB stick.

So basically you just need to start the PowerShell script and it works in Portable mode.

Works well for me so far.

In case anyone else is interested, I could publish it somewhere.

If there is a better solution, pls let me know.

Marginally related:

mmHa49g.jpg