Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Hellloo vivian <3 awesweet as usual

Also, I do believe the removal of N will hurt nobody :P He's kinda out of place in this game anyway

Yuppers! There will be a comic of her and Vice facing off in their Verdant Transformed states five years after this game, in the epilogue :D

And yeah, N was really unnecessary, and completely not needed, at all. Which was why I completely removed him from the game, because of how useless he was to the plot.

Skit Update! Parameter Context Sensitive Version!

That is right! I have now created another version of the Skits in my game to operate on the functionality of activating based on certain parameters in the game. So, basically, if you fight X amount of trainers, X amount of Pokemon, or capture a certain amount of Pokemon; certain Skits will play throughout the game! And they can be triggered anywhere in the game, and never disappear, until you view them! Down below is one of the Parameter Skits, that is triggered based on the capture of X amount of Pokemon!

Edited by Dylanrockin

Fight me, you nerd.

Look at all those additions, they're awesome. Goodbye, N. We didn't really need you. That skit sounds like a challenge to me. I will catch them all, watch me.

<<<< Has tried to capture all the Pokemon in many fangames. Even ones that didn't have Pokemon.

Fight me, you nerd.

Look at all those additions, they're awesome. Goodbye, N. We didn't really need you. That skit sounds like a challenge to me. I will catch them all, watch me.

<<<< Has tried to capture all the Pokemon in many fangames. Even ones that didn't have Pokemon.

Indeed, N was really unnecessay and completely dumb to be in my game. Well, there are quite a lot of those Skits that activate if certain parameters are obtained. However, those will most likely not be in the first beta test.

Speaking of Beta Testing. Tomorrow, assuming my audio folder wants to upload on Mediafire, I will be having my 3 chosen beta testers play test my game, and once they finish, I will make the changes necessary, and then post the first beta! But, I am probably going to evacuate the internet for a few days, mainly because I have depressed myself into a hole, because I feel incompetent in every way, in terms of Game Dev, but... that's besides the point. I won't be posting here for a few days, because of that, so yeah.

Also, if anyone is willing to do me a graphical favor, feel free to message me here. It would be most appreciated! It's mainly in terms of... logos XD

Indeed, N was really unnecessay and completely dumb to be in my game. Well, there are quite a lot of those Skits that activate if certain parameters are obtained. However, those will most likely not be in the first beta test.

Speaking of Beta Testing. Tomorrow, assuming my audio folder wants to upload on Mediafire, I will be having my 3 chosen beta testers play test my game, and once they finish, I will make the changes necessary, and then post the first beta! But, I am probably going to evacuate the internet for a few days, mainly because I have depressed myself into a hole, because I feel incompetent in every way, in terms of Game Dev, but... that's besides the point. I won't be posting here for a few days, because of that, so yeah.

Also, if anyone is willing to do me a graphical favor, feel free to message me here. It would be most appreciated! It's mainly in terms of... logos XD

Go rest. I'm pretty sure everyone here understands. Logos, I haven't done those before so I hope someone else helps you out with that.

Update!! Map and Tile Advancements!

(I can map, wut?)

I have now returned after a couple days worth of hiatus, and the reason for my hiatus was mainly at me looking at my old maps, and being genuinely disgusted at my old works. So, over the past few days, I've kept myself at work, trying to remake and improve old maps, and this one is by far one of the maps that I am most proud of, in terms of it's advancement. Down below you can see the comparison of what it used to look like, and how it now looks: This is from the Fairy Sanctuary. The one on the left is the new map, and the one on the right is the old map.

new.png

At the moment I am right now improving upon old maps, and changing everything that went into them. So, for the next week or so, I will be making drastic changes, for the better! I am absolutely disgusted at my old works, and I hope you all can understand my reasoning ^^;

Is it bad that I like the right map more? It has more of a mysterious feel than the left, which looks like your average route imo . You are too harsh on yourself as usual :ph34r:

I know, but, I always get disgusted at my own works, after I realize how rushed some of those old maps were ;w; Some of the maps in the Fairy Sanctuary are left pretty much the same, except for about 4 of them, since their designs didn't really make much sense XD

Artwork Update :D

So, for those of you who love Hiro Monochroma, here is Hiro's official artwork card for her ^^ This was one of my favorite arts, alongside Vivian and Vice's! The quality of these images are reduced down to jpg, and are not at their full resolution, for obvious reasons XD But, here you are, Hiro Monochroma's beautiful art with her and Zorua!

3ee675912732b28bb08a160c3f24cc2e-d9l5j45

Also, if you did not see Vivian's art, here it is (also the artworks are featured on the main thread)

commission__vivian_vance_card_cg_by_rial

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

Whole game does

So in the end, does Vivian have hazel eyes, or brown? They look hazel/golden in that official art

Her eyes are actually hazel. In most artworks you see her with that kind of eye-color, it's meant to be a kind of brownish hazel, but more leaning toward brown. However, in the artwork that you see above, it was an artistic choice to make her eyes stand out more, by giving a hint of golden brown to it.

For a moment there, I thought both of those maps were one bigger map. Wouldn't be the first time I mistook something and certainly won't be the last. Anyways, don't beat yourself too much over your work. After all, you are your own worst enemy. It's something I had to learn myself but try to be proud of what you've done so far and push yourself to do better instead of saying you can do better. It's hard, but it'll make you less stressed.

From what I've seen, the game looks promising and good. Some people are going to like it and others won't. There are things I like about both maps honestly so I couldn't say which one is better. The water looks better in the left map though without the weird pole thingies. But just remember to take it easy sometimes and not overwork yourself.

You should start a poll on the OP, but I would rather wait.

A poll? A poll for what? Also, I don't quite know how to start polls on here XD

For a moment there, I thought both of those maps were one bigger map. Wouldn't be the first time I mistook something and certainly won't be the last. Anyways, don't beat yourself too much over your work. After all, you are your own worst enemy. It's something I had to learn myself but try to be proud of what you've done so far and push yourself to do better instead of saying you can do better. It's hard, but it'll make you less stressed.

From what I've seen, the game looks promising and good. Some people are going to like it and others won't. There are things I like about both maps honestly so I couldn't say which one is better. The water looks better in the left map though without the weird pole thingies. But just remember to take it easy sometimes and not overwork yourself.

Yeah, that is very true. But, whenever I make maps, sometimes I just cannot help but look at them and be completely disgusted in what I made. They were made to be atmospheric and less "route-like." But some people just don't like that kind of concept, so that thought is always in the back of my mind and making me constantly want to change things.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Woop, poll has been added now. I cast my votes already but let me share, I believe it doesn't matter if it has to take longer to complete, as long as in the end we get a quality game. There is also the option of going for episodic releases

Favorite Character is Vivian Vance, I love her seeming personality, her design and her team. Then follows Krista. Favorite dood will likely be Alan. Somehow it always just goes like that for me, the "main" characters are always the most..mehh ..needless to say, Marissa and Vice sound like they shall be my least favorite characters

Merry Christmas!

So, it's Christmas, and with any typical Christmas there has to be some kind of present to give, right? Well, look no further than a new skit video that was made per request! This time featuring Hiro and Allan with some heavy exposition! This was by far one of my favorite scenes to make, especially since it's Allan and Hiro, both of which are brother and sister, giving a great deal of exposition into their backstories.

As some of you probably noticed, but, I did start 2 polls on the OP, and if you are interested, feel free to cast your vote! I love to hear your view and opinions on certain things in relation to my game!

Edited by Dylanrockin

Map Update!

So, over the past few days I've been taking a break from eventing in my game to make some new maps. And, if you saw the Skit video up above, you will be able to see one of the newer ones in action! But, these new maps are referred to as "The City of the Timeless" which is basically one of the future areas of the game, during your time at the 2nd continent of the game. I'm not gonna go into much spoilers as to what exactly is there, as well as what happens; but, let's just say... it's important ;D To sum it up, the City of the Timeless, much like a lot of areas in the game, is meant to be devoid of any Trainers, and is meant to feel very atmospheric and ambient. Again, if you watch the video above, you will kind of get that kind of feel from it; especially since it is an ancient ruined city on an isolated island at the very edge of the Lumia Region.

In any case, here they are!

City of the Timeless

74a91ff5ac49f5ce10bf169882cc8c84.png

City of the Timeless - Waking Pass

d62ab074aee0624519578adcf0f1b0bc.png

City of the Timeless - Waking Pass (again)

aaca90bb9cc0403fa3016e0fe65d967f.png

Side note in relation to these maps. The Temporal Crystals that you see laid out throughout the city can only be utilized by Hiro, and what they do is function as revealing locations that would otherwise not be there. Also, in some situations, she can stop time to allow other characters to use their abilities to navigate certain terrain. Such terrains for example are: Extremely windy areas, fast moving currents and waterfalls, and moving platforms that need to be navigated by Marissa.

If you don't care about slight spoilers then feel free to watch an example of this map in action with the Allan and Hiro skit!

Update 2: Electric Boogaloo!

I updated the main thread with the now official logo of my game, down below you can see it in all it's awesomeness :D

big_commission_modify2_by_thedarkgateway

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

Update!

So, I have yet another Skit video to show off, and this time, it's a 4 character skit featuring Vice, Allan, Eevee, and Hiro. This scene does contain some minor spoilers, so if you do not wish to be spoiled, then by all means, do not watch the video! But, if you don't care about spoilers, then feel free to enjoy the video!

Side note: Thanks to Masquerain for play testing my game and finding a lot of bugs and stuff that I most certainly would not have found on my own! I am still looking for another beta tester who is reliable, and if you would like to give it a shot, feel free to reply to this post!

Artwork Update!

So, for those of you who like Vice, I have his art card finished! Also, I have made changes to these character artworks, and they now feature a special background that is only given out, in it's full unedited version, to beta testers and select people. So, Vivian, Hiro, and Vice now feature their Artworks with this special background in its edited form.

527213763986ba7ec00e12a453b52edf-d9m3uj9

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2