Jump to content
Dylanrockin

Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Game Release Date  

344 members have voted

  1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

    • In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

  3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

    • Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.


Recommended Posts

Showing off some of the new battle backgrounds that are being incorporated into the game!

 

2da22cc55603dffd85ec267d9102b880.png

f43e91b89c86fc96f3278585137edeb1.png

178c49c43f08cc3e204cf00305a1630a.png

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, here is another update for the manga with new pages coming out! Also, next month the manga will be finished for Volume 1 and ya'll can get your hands on it, hopefully early October!

 

7bac85c121aeba4e800b8cf1aa1d2d15.png

 

Also, here is some physical violence, because I heard you guys were into that sort of thing, I guess. Actually that was my intent to begin with, having some characters getting the crap beaten out of them uwu

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks so good, hmm on the part of nuzlockes being impossible id say they technically could be possible just super hard cus you'd still have the main 6 pokemon so it'd be something like 6 chances 1 mon faints you'd still have the other 5 you'd just have to remember to not use the ones that died and if everyone died then rip in peperonis time to start over so yeh basically only God-Tier Nuzlockers would be able to succeed, if anyone successfully nuzlockes this games they instantly become god-tier nuzlockers 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a little bummed i found this game nearly 3 years after its announced and its still not finished but i can see its had a lot of love and sweat poured into it so even though its upsetting i cant play it im anxious to see it finished all around the game looks amazing the maps you've made meld well and give the mysterious feel of "what's this places story", the characters all come off welcoming but also diverse and makes you wonder what secrets they all hide, as a fellow tales player (Tales of Vesperia as it was the only one available to xbox players) i love the skits idea and think it goes well into revealing connections and showing how the bonds develop as well as cover key story points and describe certain situations that might otherwise get lost on others its no wonder you have so many people eager to play your game and i hope one day you can accomplish the game you envision to bring towards your loving followers good luck on your future progress i cant wait to be one of the many who get to play this game

Edited by TheTrueNight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rex9999 said:

It looks so good, hmm on the part of nuzlockes being impossible id say they technically could be possible just super hard cus you'd still have the main 6 pokemon so it'd be something like 6 chances 1 mon faints you'd still have the other 5 you'd just have to remember to not use the ones that died and if everyone died then rip in peperonis time to start over so yeh basically only God-Tier Nuzlockers would be able to succeed, if anyone successfully nuzlockes this games they instantly become god-tier nuzlockers 100%

No, nuzlocking is not possible.

 

1: Because I dislike them and think it would take away from why it is you're playing this game in the first place. So, personal bias there.

2: I feel the spirit of the game would be lost on people as they're too busy concentrating on trying to survive than trying to enjoy... you know... the game. And to make sure that happens, a specific character's "Main Pokemon" cannot be deposited or released as the game will outright stop you from doing so and every Pokemon after a double battle will be brought back with 1HP.

 

2 hours ago, TheTrueNight said:

a little bummed i found this game nearly 3 years after its announced and its still not finished but i can see its had a lot of love and sweat poured into it so even though its upsetting i cant play it im anxious to see it finished all around the game looks amazing the maps you've made meld well and give the mysterious feel of "what's this places story", the characters all come off welcoming but also diverse and makes you wonder what secrets they all hide, as a fellow tales player (Tales of Vesperia as it was the only one available to xbox players) i love the skits idea and think it goes well into revealing connections and showing how the bonds develop as well as cover key story points and describe certain situations that might otherwise get lost on others its no wonder you have so many people eager to play your game and i hope one day you can accomplish the game you envision to bring towards your loving followers good luck on your future progress i cant wait to be one of the many who get to play this game

Glad you're still anticipating the release of the game, however, since school has started an auditions for the musical and play at my university have also begun I've been strapped for time on my game and mostly work on it, in the early mornings before classes start and before my night classes. Though I intend to get some progress done in the coming weeks.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i get that, i just wanted to say that maybe technically it is possible, and also the thing about not being able to release pokemon and them being brought back with 1 hp i addressed that saying you just gotta remember to not use em, still if anyone would nuzlocke this game id hope itd be their 2nd playthrough that way they already knew the story and would just be doing it for the challenge because it definitely would be a challenge, just wanted to put this out here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nuzlocke is nothing but a bunch of self-imposed rules to give you a challenge.  I'm sure people that really want to give an extra challenge  to themselves can find a way to do it, no matter what limitations the game might have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO, before I end up showering you all with news about my game I am going to gif ur faces with the Tower of Sal-- I mean Tower of Guidance stuff! Essentially, within the inner-sanctum of the Tower of Guidance there are 3 levels that you must traverse, each with their own Pokemon boss fight that you must face. And spoiler warning they're not easy fights, with the last fight being against Ashera/Rayquaza and then she joins your party! The reason why this took so damn long to make in response as an update to my game, is because... well, making the animated background was a metric pain in the ass and the Tower of Guidance is one of the most difficult areas in the game for me to make, bar... anything else I've done with my game.

 

tower_of_awesome_by_dylanrockin2122-dcn1

 

Essentially the tower of Guidance's inner 3 sanctums was inspired by the Tower of Salvation's battle background, which you can see in my non-commentary playthrough of Tales of Symphonia:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everytime there is an update i go in hype continue the good work! this is becoming something really...really incredible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Good news, everyone!

 

My manga has finally been published and have received, from my publisher, 50 copies to be sold, locally in Fremont, Nebraska. If there is anyone interested in ordering a copy who lives outside of the Fremont area, shipping prices will vary and will take a few days to arrive.

 

Very soon, ordering pages will open on Keikokup's website for more copies that are not in my current possession. In the coming months, we plan on having our publisher release quite a lot more, but not for the purpose of selling locally as I will be at many conventions, across America, over the coming months, and year, selling these and promoting my upcoming, second manga.

 

Anywho, per copy will be $14.99, and if there are people who want it that are not local to Fremont shipping will be factored on top of that. My paypal is dylanrockin@gmail.com and make sure you tell me your name and address in order to be shipping a copy. Also, shipping will also be factored in, after the 14.99 price.

 

 

20181221_150038_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150043_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150029_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2018 at 3:16 AM, Dylanrockin said:

 

Good news, everyone!

 

My manga has finally been published and have received, from my publisher, 50 copies to be sold, locally in Fremont, Nebraska. If there is anyone interested in ordering a copy who lives outside of the Fremont area, shipping prices will vary and will take a few days to arrive.

 

Very soon, ordering pages will open on Keikokup's website for more copies that are not in my current possession. In the coming months, we plan on having our publisher release quite a lot more, but not for the purpose of selling locally as I will be at many conventions, across America, over the coming months, and year, selling these and promoting my upcoming, second manga.

 

Anywho, per copy will be $14.99, and if there are people who want it that are not local to Fremont shipping will be factored on top of that. My paypal is dylanrockin@gmail.com and make sure you tell me your name and address in order to be shipping a copy. Also, shipping will also be factored in, after the 14.99 price.

 

 

20181221_150038_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150043_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150029_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

 

 

 

 

I don't mean to demean you or your hard work in any way, but i don't think you can really sell them. Yk, the copyright issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, reaper. said:

I don't mean to demean you or your hard work in any way, but i don't think you can really sell them. Yk, the copyright issues.

Actually, I have and a lot of them in fact. The fact of the matter is, if you know anything about fan-manga's, is that they are sold all the time. Literally. Go on Ebay or any manga-artist's website and you'll find tons of fan works being sold. The caveat there is that they aren't being mass-produced, whereas these have been individually published and printed to be sold by me and me alone. No re-seller involved. Also, there isn't enough being sold to where Game Freak has given me a Cease and Desist.

 

And if you're curious, I sold well over 250, thanks to conventions and my University supporting my project.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to make a formal announcement. Due to my recent interests in revisting old, Japanese, Pokemon episodes I recently got a spark of motivation to work on my project again. Not until later this year, but, it will be done. I will be making a Discord server for my game, as I have recently grown out of my old attitude that kept me away from doing so. I believe that my fans and followers deserve to be kept on the up-and-up, so I will be creating one in the very near future.

 

I also will be working on several, new, animations for in-game cutscenes and they will be REALLY cool. After I clear up some debt that's been looming over my head, I will be getting back to it soon.

 

As for an explanation for my hiatus: depression, finances, and I wanted to get away from the whole internet cynicism that has poisoned my heart and mind. I wanted to step back, enjoy life a lot more than I was before, and excel in places that I was faulted in. In that time I've been gone: I have gone far with the new things I've learned. greatly I will be, in the future, making more regular updates, and will be active in my Discord server, and may even set up some form of donation system, since I know some people were willing to help me through this dark time of mine.

 

As you guys know I authored a manga and am working on an unrelated series to this one, alongside this game's development, and that still stands. I will be juggling several projects as I continue forward with my life. I said it before and will say it again: I don't quit and never abandon what is essentially my life's work. I had a setback and will return soon.

 

I appreciate every one of you who has followed me and kept up with my work thus-far. I truly do, from the bottom of my heart, and I wish to do my best to make you guys a game worth waiting for. I admit I am a perfectionist and fret about the details, which is why this game has taken so long. I want my vision to be realized as perfectly as possible.

 

-- Dylanrockin

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no rush, everyone has setbacks here and there, but the most important thing is that you enjoy your work. You don't owe us a game, but you might or might not to yourself 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...