Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Once again, here is another update for the manga with new pages coming out! Also, next month the manga will be finished for Volume 1 and ya'll can get your hands on it, hopefully early October!

7bac85c121aeba4e800b8cf1aa1d2d15.png

Also, here is some physical violence, because I heard you guys were into that sort of thing, I guess. Actually that was my intent to begin with, having some characters getting the crap beaten out of them uwu

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It looks so good, hmm on the part of nuzlockes being impossible id say they technically could be possible just super hard cus you'd still have the main 6 pokemon so it'd be something like 6 chances 1 mon faints you'd still have the other 5 you'd just have to remember to not use the ones that died and if everyone died then rip in peperonis time to start over so yeh basically only God-Tier Nuzlockers would be able to succeed, if anyone successfully nuzlockes this games they instantly become god-tier nuzlockers 100%

a little bummed i found this game nearly 3 years after its announced and its still not finished but i can see its had a lot of love and sweat poured into it so even though its upsetting i cant play it im anxious to see it finished all around the game looks amazing the maps you've made meld well and give the mysterious feel of "what's this places story", the characters all come off welcoming but also diverse and makes you wonder what secrets they all hide, as a fellow tales player (Tales of Vesperia as it was the only one available to xbox players) i love the skits idea and think it goes well into revealing connections and showing how the bonds develop as well as cover key story points and describe certain situations that might otherwise get lost on others its no wonder you have so many people eager to play your game and i hope one day you can accomplish the game you envision to bring towards your loving followers good luck on your future progress i cant wait to be one of the many who get to play this game

Edited by TheTrueNight

5 hours ago, Rex9999 said:

It looks so good, hmm on the part of nuzlockes being impossible id say they technically could be possible just super hard cus you'd still have the main 6 pokemon so it'd be something like 6 chances 1 mon faints you'd still have the other 5 you'd just have to remember to not use the ones that died and if everyone died then rip in peperonis time to start over so yeh basically only God-Tier Nuzlockers would be able to succeed, if anyone successfully nuzlockes this games they instantly become god-tier nuzlockers 100%

No, nuzlocking is not possible.

1: Because I dislike them and think it would take away from why it is you're playing this game in the first place. So, personal bias there.

2: I feel the spirit of the game would be lost on people as they're too busy concentrating on trying to survive than trying to enjoy... you know... the game. And to make sure that happens, a specific character's "Main Pokemon" cannot be deposited or released as the game will outright stop you from doing so and every Pokemon after a double battle will be brought back with 1HP.

2 hours ago, TheTrueNight said:

a little bummed i found this game nearly 3 years after its announced and its still not finished but i can see its had a lot of love and sweat poured into it so even though its upsetting i cant play it im anxious to see it finished all around the game looks amazing the maps you've made meld well and give the mysterious feel of "what's this places story", the characters all come off welcoming but also diverse and makes you wonder what secrets they all hide, as a fellow tales player (Tales of Vesperia as it was the only one available to xbox players) i love the skits idea and think it goes well into revealing connections and showing how the bonds develop as well as cover key story points and describe certain situations that might otherwise get lost on others its no wonder you have so many people eager to play your game and i hope one day you can accomplish the game you envision to bring towards your loving followers good luck on your future progress i cant wait to be one of the many who get to play this game

Glad you're still anticipating the release of the game, however, since school has started an auditions for the musical and play at my university have also begun I've been strapped for time on my game and mostly work on it, in the early mornings before classes start and before my night classes. Though I intend to get some progress done in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 3

yeah i get that, i just wanted to say that maybe technically it is possible, and also the thing about not being able to release pokemon and them being brought back with 1 hp i addressed that saying you just gotta remember to not use em, still if anyone would nuzlocke this game id hope itd be their 2nd playthrough that way they already knew the story and would just be doing it for the challenge because it definitely would be a challenge, just wanted to put this out here.

A nuzlocke is nothing but a bunch of self-imposed rules to give you a challenge.  I'm sure people that really want to give an extra challenge  to themselves can find a way to do it, no matter what limitations the game might have. 

• 3 weeks later...

SO, before I end up showering you all with news about my game I am going to gif ur faces with the Tower of Sal-- I mean Tower of Guidance stuff! Essentially, within the inner-sanctum of the Tower of Guidance there are 3 levels that you must traverse, each with their own Pokemon boss fight that you must face. And spoiler warning they're not easy fights, with the last fight being against Ashera/Rayquaza and then she joins your party! The reason why this took so damn long to make in response as an update to my game, is because... well, making the animated background was a metric pain in the ass and the Tower of Guidance is one of the most difficult areas in the game for me to make, bar... anything else I've done with my game.

tower_of_awesome_by_dylanrockin2122-dcn1

Essentially the tower of Guidance's inner 3 sanctums was inspired by the Tower of Salvation's battle background, which you can see in my non-commentary playthrough of Tales of Symphonia:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Good news, everyone!

My manga has finally been published and have received, from my publisher, 50 copies to be sold, locally in Fremont, Nebraska. If there is anyone interested in ordering a copy who lives outside of the Fremont area, shipping prices will vary and will take a few days to arrive.

Very soon, ordering pages will open on Keikokup's website for more copies that are not in my current possession. In the coming months, we plan on having our publisher release quite a lot more, but not for the purpose of selling locally as I will be at many conventions, across America, over the coming months, and year, selling these and promoting my upcoming, second manga.

Anywho, per copy will be $14.99, and if there are people who want it that are not local to Fremont shipping will be factored on top of that. My paypal is dylanrockin@gmail.com and make sure you tell me your name and address in order to be shipping a copy. Also, shipping will also be factored in, after the 14.99 price.

20181221_150038_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150043_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150029_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

On 12/22/2018 at 3:16 AM, Dylanrockin said:

Good news, everyone!

My manga has finally been published and have received, from my publisher, 50 copies to be sold, locally in Fremont, Nebraska. If there is anyone interested in ordering a copy who lives outside of the Fremont area, shipping prices will vary and will take a few days to arrive.

Very soon, ordering pages will open on Keikokup's website for more copies that are not in my current possession. In the coming months, we plan on having our publisher release quite a lot more, but not for the purpose of selling locally as I will be at many conventions, across America, over the coming months, and year, selling these and promoting my upcoming, second manga.

Anywho, per copy will be $14.99, and if there are people who want it that are not local to Fremont shipping will be factored on top of that. My paypal is dylanrockin@gmail.com and make sure you tell me your name and address in order to be shipping a copy. Also, shipping will also be factored in, after the 14.99 price.

20181221_150038_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150043_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

20181221_150029_by_dylanrockin2122_dcuzo

I don't mean to demean you or your hard work in any way, but i don't think you can really sell them. Yk, the copyright issues.

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, reaper. said:

I don't mean to demean you or your hard work in any way, but i don't think you can really sell them. Yk, the copyright issues.

Actually, I have and a lot of them in fact. The fact of the matter is, if you know anything about fan-manga's, is that they are sold all the time. Literally. Go on Ebay or any manga-artist's website and you'll find tons of fan works being sold. The caveat there is that they aren't being mass-produced, whereas these have been individually published and printed to be sold by me and me alone. No re-seller involved. Also, there isn't enough being sold to where Game Freak has given me a Cease and Desist.

And if you're curious, I sold well over 250, thanks to conventions and my University supporting my project.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

There's no rush, everyone has setbacks here and there, but the most important thing is that you enjoy your work. You don't owe us a game, but you might or might not to yourself 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:58 PM, dnjdndf said:

Is there any other online method to pay and receive the manga other than using paypal ( Don't have good memories using it)

Hello,

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but the best way to get in touch with me for as far as sales go, contact me at: dylanrockin@gmail.com. That is my paypal information and the best way to get in contact with me.

• 1 month later...

Hey I was looking for cool looking pokemon fan games to play and this one really stood out. The previews look amazing and I was wondering if there is a release date for the game or if its already out? Since this game was going to be published some time ago

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:56 PM, Young GOD said:

Hey I was looking for cool looking pokemon fan games to play and this one really stood out. The previews look amazing and I was wondering if there is a release date for the game or if its already out? Since this game was going to be published some time ago

I've been working on this game in isolation, since I've been worrying about graduating college. I've graduated now, but I don't have all the time in the world to finish this game, since I also have a full-time career now. The manga has been published, but the game has not. So, if you want to read the manga, then just message me, otherwise it's gonna be a long time before this game sees the light of day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...