Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

SO, UPDATE~!!! AT LAST A GOOD ONE!

So, remember Celia Magnus? Remember the Draco Sanctuary and all the other cool stuff I showed off for it? WELL HERE IT IS!!!

85e051c8b39e2d7da95a647279735a0f-dbi6557

Celia Magnus Verdant Form by rialynkv

So, it's been ages since I last did anything in regards to an update, but here it is! Also, I chose Vivian for this battle, mostly because I wanted to show off her Desperation Form, which is a limit breaking form that is used once your Pokemon reach critical levels and certain conditions are met. Greninja's happens to be No Mind, which allows you to dodge any attack and change your type to your move's type! Also, I cheesed the 2nd phase of the fight, mostly because this phase is INCREDIBLY difficult if you're not using your Desperation Tranformation and are not Mega Evo'd, or using a character specific Transformation. Since No Mind can only be used once per battle... well... I was kind of boned in that 2nd half. However, you cannot cheese the first phase, mostly because it has Shed Skin and the game will recognize you trying to cheese her and will only heal the status ailment.

Essentially this battle foreshadows the 2nd game and its events after you beat the game and defeat Falset at Ferona-Nirvana beyond Destiny Outlook. Also, this is the hardest fight in the game, nuff said. That said though... thankfully she does not have Verdant Transformation, yet... YET, is the keyword as she attains it AFTER this battle, since this is technically a canon fight, regardless if you do this or not. The 2nd game treats this as canon and will assume you did this, even if you didn't.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

SO, UPDATE~!!! AT LAST A GOOD ONE!

So, remember Celia Magnus? Remember the Draco Sanctuary and all the other cool stuff I showed off for it? WELL HERE IT IS!!!

85e051c8b39e2d7da95a647279735a0f-dbi6557

Celia Magnus Verdant Form by rialynkv

So, it's been ages since I last did anything in regards to an update, but here it is! Also, I chose Vivian for this battle, mostly because I wanted to show off her Desperation Form, which is a limit breaking form that is used once your Pokemon reach critical levels and certain conditions are met. Greninja's happens to be No Mind, which allows you to dodge any attack and change your type to your move's type! Also, I cheesed the 2nd phase of the fight, mostly because this phase is INCREDIBLY difficult if you're not using your Desperation Tranformation and are not Mega Evo'd, or using a character specific Transformation. Since No Mind can only be used once per battle... well... I was kind of boned in that 2nd half. However, you cannot cheese the first phase, mostly because it has Shed Skin and the game will recognize you trying to cheese her and will only heal the status ailment.

Essentially this battle foreshadows the 2nd game and its events after you beat the game and defeat Falset at Ferona-Nirvana beyond Destiny Outlook. Also, this is the hardest fight in the game, nuff said. That said though... thankfully she does not have Verdant Transformation, yet... YET, is the keyword as she attains it AFTER this battle, since this is technically a canon fight, regardless if you do this or not. The 2nd game treats this as canon and will assume you did this, even if you didn't.

I must say, great work on this. The level cap caught me and the No Mind ability..

As of the update on Monday I plan on posting yet ANOTHER update, however it is story-related and thus full of spoilers, it is advised that you not watch it, unless you don't give a damn and have the mentality that you'll forget it anyways, in which case: go ahead. However, cool shiz be coming soon!

Also, progress so far has been going well, with production as I have managed to finish 3 events and began re-writing one scene entirely because... quality over time != good necessarily XD

So, as I was working on my game, I realized something in hindsight that I forgot for a long time was supposed to be in the game, but wasn't. However, in the manga I remembered to have it added in. This page of the manga explains such an item:

psh3_7___copy_by_dylanrockin2122-dc8vc0s

• Like 1

Instead of screenshot Saturday I'm gonna coin this as "I should be asleep, but instead working on my game screenshot Sunday Night". So, I essentially decided that for the final battle of the Northern Base arc of the game it takes place in a snowy valley and eventually gets destroyed from Krista battling the main villain of this arc. And... so it did:

If you're wondering why some things look awkwardly stiched and cropped, it's because the player won't actually see some parts of the map, so those parts intentionally look bad, because you won't see it anyways.

6cfacc35affbd1883cf1c6c465680cc9.png

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, DemICE said:

these custom tiles man...  they always hit me in the aesthetical nerve.  Another artistic job well done there.

Much appreciated! Once I get the finishing touches, I intend to blow everyone's minds with some rad af content ;)

so i dont mean to be intrusive or like that, but ive been wondering something for quite some time now.

how far is the progress rn, its been 3 years since you started this and since you are showing like full story bits and game content,

how far is your progress, and how much do you still need to do?

i cant wait to play this but if you are planning to add another year of dev (pls no :p), then i completely trust you that you will add even more awsome content.

but for the time being keep this up. i know this is gonna be a great game when its done

2 hours ago, dragonza11 said:

so i dont mean to be intrusive or like that, but ive been wondering something for quite some time now.

how far is the progress rn, its been 3 years since you started this and since you are showing like full story bits and game content,

how far is your progress, and how much do you still need to do?

i cant wait to play this but if you are planning to add another year of dev (pls no :p), then i completely trust you that you will add even more awsome content.

but for the time being keep this up. i know this is gonna be a great game when its done

I've been working on this game for 5 years and it's at the 75% mark in terms of completion. It won't be completed for another year or so, since I have college and work and other factors that need to be taken into account. Also I only work on my game at least 2 times a week, since I'm so busy. Also, next year I'm graduating and going off to grad school, so... yeah. But don't worry as I am constantly working on my project and there is also the manga being worked on, along side it.

• Like 2

So, here's a huge update for the manga, down below. As you can see I have made significant progress as far as the manga is concerned as there are now 63 pages in total at the moment for the manga. Aiming for 100 pages in total. Again, we are hoping for the end of the summer to be when the manga's first volume is finished, however it may be in mid-fall when it is released.

As a random note: if anyone is interested in learning how to tone manga pages from my manga artist to speed up production of these pages, then feel free to hit me up. Also, there will be a Japanese translation of the manga being released in Japan, so that's some awesome news for ya! Don't know how many of you will be buying it in Japanese, but it will be released there upon release! How's that for crazy? A fan-project getting translated into Japanese, nuts right?!

a2cdc373e802a06b1fba87566c196868.jpg

64ef132aa27c71c4be964c0fbf18707a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/22/2018 at 6:08 PM, Dylanrockin said:

I've been working on this game for 5 years and it's at the 75% mark in terms of completion. It won't be completed for another year or so, since I have college and work and other factors that need to be taken into account. Also I only work on my game at least 2 times a week, since I'm so busy. Also, next year I'm graduating and going off to grad school, so... yeah. But don't worry as I am constantly working on my project and there is also the manga being worked on, along side it.

Oh grad school huh 😛 I'm also graduating and going to grad school this year~

good luck on your studies, and it's real impressive you can balance game making with college tbh

On 5/3/2018 at 2:49 PM, Candy said:

Oh grad school huh 😛 I'm also graduating and going to grad school this year~

good luck on your studies, and it's real impressive you can balance game making with college tbh

Yeah, I try to at least. I try to get as much done on weekends as I can, but thankfully summer is right around the corner, which means livestreams of game dev and non-stop work, trying to catch up on all the hours I had to miss due to school this year being massively stupid.

As Finals week rolls down to a halt, in the next 2 days, I have some artwork to show off, before I start cramming my game full of content to catch up on everything that I missed. Below is a roll-call picture of a bunch of characters whom are either both new or characters I've already shown off.  This is mainly made as a wallpaper/cover, as a way to give back to my followers/fans/are you really still following this game(?) for several years of support and shiz:

commishdylanrockincoverartedited06_by_ri

• Like 1

So, summer is now here and I am now working on my game full-time and if you guys are wondering what's been up irl with me, here's this: I got laid-off from my internship that has been providing me with 80% of my income, which has not only pissed me off, but also hampered me severely. At the moment I am in the process of being hired by a new company in IT, as well as getting hired in a management position so that way I can provide funding for my game. However, at the moment I am accepting donations, not towards my game, but mostly to help me out with living and food expenses, due to me not having any jobs at the moment. I am currently going to have 3 interviews next week, so here's to me getting hired at those IT firms. As most of you know I DO NOT accept donations towards my game, as I have stated several times across the 3 years that I've been on this site - however, I am accepting them for general food and living expenses. Don't feel pressured into doing so, as you do not have to: dylanrockin@gmail.com.

So, for funzies, here is some progress on the English to Japanese translation for the manga. BTW's the first volume is very nearly complete. About 20 or so more pages and an advertisement section at the end at it should be ready to go. The Japanese version won't be released for a good while afterwards tho.

8c6591764ec9c65ff7475e51dfdc7877.png

be5ff70a1b797e957bccc613bd1d1be8.png

Also, here's the roadmap for the game, from end(left) to beginning(right):

4e022c4cf794353d741087bee92dbec8-db1xd2e

• Like 3

So, as you all know... the new Pokemon game for Switch was announced and so far it seems like a super underwhelming Colosseum game, because it doesn't have wild battles, except captures and only has Trainer battles... Still probably gonna buy it out of principle, but probably won't enjoy it.

4 hours ago, Motorteo said:

I'm not a fan as well of this kind of game...hoping they'll return to the classic style

Truth be told I like Colosseum, but this screams "here is a game to tide you over until the real-deal comes out". Kind of like the Mystery Dungeon games to an extent, which honestly I would've much preferred.

Also, on top of this Pokemon news, here's a cool new inking from my manga, with Vivian vs. Aria in the EX Chapter. The move used is not actually Ice Punch as you might think, it's actually a new move called Fusion Hammer. An Ice/Water technique that is effectively a much more powerful Ice Punch that also deals water damage.

cb4941cde0e8bbdacd0f246147e98baf.png

• Like 1

I honestly think that this Switch game is a Lazy attempt to catch the attention of Genwunners and Casuals. It's not really anything new, just mechanics from Pokemon Go mixed with Kanto.

I genuinely hope that the new Switch RPG gives Pokemon a big overhaul, Like with what Zelda did with Breath of the Wild and Mario did with Mario Odyssey.  Maybe even borrow some Ideas from the creators on this site.

The Mystery Dungeon games set a standard for Pokemon Spinoffs, and I highly doubt that this will meet that standard (Well, the first two, anyway. Gates to Infinity kinda sucked, and Super Mystery Dungeon, while a good game in it's own right, isn't as good as it's predecessors).

On a side note, this game has been in development for almost three years now. I'm actually Impressed that you managed to stay with this project. I'm not even sure if I would have stayed with this project for three years, had I been the one developing.