Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Whoa, hey, I didn't see you there, guess what? New maps!

940babc8809d25dfc53e2ca62fcffd8b.png

This scene occurs, after the Northern Base Arc of the game, and as you can see Dreyah is in a state of being frozen, permanently. This was due to her using her Pokemon's ultimate technique: Absolute Zero, which froze the entirety of the Northern Base, Richter in Mega Mewtwo XY's body, and herself as the attack froze everything around her permanently that even the atoms themselves are unable to experience any kind of molecular motion. This concludes the Northern Base Arc, as you can no longer enter the base, and any attempt to come back here will only allow you to see the aftermath of Dreyah's Sacrifice.

Also, here is a preview of some new pages of my manga, for chapter 3, which is a Vivian exclusive chapter that isn't in the game itself and is manga exclusive! Well, these are just the storyboards, but it is something to look forward to ;D

4_5_by_dylanrockin2122-dc0kg2z.jpg

2_3_by_dylanrockin2122-dc0kg2a.jpg

Also, here are some snippets of other pages:

e618bd613f22bed571a08e60b1644223.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

I should say great work freezing the whole place Dreyah. awesome art mate. I see Mega Mewtwo XY. Hmmm....

Yeah, it's meant to have both aspects of Mega Mewtwo's X and Y form, and can change between both forms at will. I am still working on a sprite for it's XY form and not its separate X and Y form, if that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So, in terms of the manga's progress, we have come a very long way since we started out, last May. This summer we're hoping to get Volume 1 finished and ready to sell by either the end of summer of fall. Below is all the pages we have done/are doing at the moment. The ones that look clearly like storyboards are in-progress pages:

Overall, I am supremely happy with my manga-artist and all that she has done with me over the past 4 years. We have worked together on various mangas, and we're hoping to continue working together for... who knows how long. She has been able to nail my character's personalities, characteristics, mannerisms and subtle qualities better than I ever could. Same goes for a lot of the locales in the manga, as they were designed with absolute care and delicacy that puts the biggest, dumbest smile on my face. I seriously couldn't be happier with how this turned out, as it managed to be even better than the game as it has everything corrected from plot-holes to even subtle aspects about character backgrounds and their motives which were... a little off in the actual game, and I still need to get around to fixing sometime.

a88eefa4819b4f715c8f7882fee35131.jpg

7f353e319519f17af4cfb70bb8ff6e5d.jpg

a68f3cc431974b47c4a1c5bc22db378b.png

For those of you still waiting on my game, I sincerely apologize, as I mentioned before in previous posts, as school has become ultra sluggish, harsh and the fact that I need to hammer through this last semester before I can readily get stuff done for the game. Currently though I have found time during the weekends to get work done, as I've went and made many changes to several of the game's core components to make things a little better overall. However, don't expect another video from me, about my game, until I decide it's necessary or if I have anything relevant to show off.

• Like 5

So, here's a new mechanic added into my game and it is called: No Mind, and it is based off of the real life, martial arts discipline of Mushin. This is usable by Vivian, after the Next Dimension Tournament, when she is beaten by one of the Masked Trainers, where she uses it for the first time. How it works is that: if Greninja's HP hits 0, and is transformed already, then what happens is that Greninja's HP is restored to full and gains the transformation into No Mind, and the ability: No Mind. What this does is that for 3 turns, Greninja cannot and will not be able to take any damage, and all of it's attacks will hit no matter what. The idea is that Vivian activates this ability while Synchronized, due to the build up of physical strain by Greninja getting beaten, and by that end allows her to activate this ability when in a pinch and cannot be transformed into freely. Also it requires you to have a full Focus Meter, so you can't abuse being low on health constantly.

So, details of the ability is that it allows the Pokemon to instantly react to anything, without being able to be aware of it happening, allowing for instantaneous reactions, dodging and attacking while having the power of Synchronized strength, speed and endurance for 3 turns before you revert to base form. Also, your Trainer Emotions will be automatically set to Calm once you transform into this state.

7f7db8fae96d439abc1d374c5a9afdd8.png

08ad9d83a64803d69248e22ecf1afbc0.png

fb649c2e0b4ceb23f9b2e772b4a9c4cc.png

Aptly put, because really... they can't beat you anymore, unless it's a named boss fight in which case, it will take more than 0 hits to KO a boss Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

Here's a little update for the manga of my game. The EX Chapter is currently going smoothly, which in case no one knows: the EX Chapter is a chapter in the manga that is exclusive to it, and does not appear in the game. It was left out of the game, due to technical limitations or things that I just didn't want to have to finagle with, such as puzzles for the Forest Sanctuary. This is a sketch for one of the pages, and it leads up to Vivian kicking ass, because she and her sister are total badasses.

4f89009007f496b0019217c4f82bfe2a.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, progress goes as well as progress goes when you have 3 jobs, plus full-time college this semester and as of right now I have finally finished the Draco Sanctuary which is where you get Ashera on your team and where the hardest superboss in the game is located: Celia Magnus from Symphonic Horizon 2. This screenshot is of the highest point of the Draco Sanctuary:

Don't worry about seeing the bottom of the map, since... you kind of can't which is why it looks like the tower just sort of... stops at a point on the map. You won't be able to see the bottom anyways, so it's no big deal.

0607e41eb4d23a58e91fb6fe6c6eb7b7.png

So, after you have beaten the game and come back to this location you will be greeted with foreshadowing of the 2nd game's main antagonist: Celia Magnus who travels to this era of time by a rift in spacetime. She is the hardest boss in the entire game and will kick your ass.

85e051c8b39e2d7da95a647279735a0f-dbi6557

Symphonic Horizon 2: Verdant Form of Celia.

2a730a6a3585053f4796e6d927708990-dbtt2qp

• Like 4

Since I don't have school today, thanks to snow days and whatnot, it's show and tell time with artwork:

This is Gelda Lorelei is one of the main villains from the prequel game: Verdant Tales and has two forms, one where she has white hair, and her Aether Spirit form, where she grows a tail and her hair goes full on Amethyst. Oh wait... XD

47913405471da054b17e1107ae4e3539.png

f14466f048c0ac0ec6955aa3cd9290f9.png

Also, this is a sneak-peak at the most difficult Superboss in the entire game: Celia Magnus, as a preview for Symphonic Horizon 2:

12a1b8c0e02b55141748b7a1daa58823_by_dyla

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, Dypatome said:

Glad to see more stuff coming along well!

If things continue to be on track, i look forward to being able to support you this summer and buy a copy of the manga.

Glad to hear! Things have been running smoothly and it's been looking good so far ^^

So, weekend post of the day: Ariana, what do you think of the recent goals set for progress on the game?

Arianajpeg by Dylanrockin2122

Yup, sounds about right XD In-case anyone is wondering, this is more conceptual art of a character who already exists in the game, but I decided to give special treatment, because I just like her so gosh-darn much.

arianajpeg2_by_dylanrockin2122-dc4si4a.j

arianajpeg3_by_dylanrockin2122-dc4si4t.j

Arianajpeg4 by Dylanrockin2122

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love the art style, the different approach of plot, the uniqueness of game mechanics and the very obvious, insurmountable effort you have put in your project. I also like and respect your professionalism in releasing the end game product when it is finished and perfectly polished. Excitedly looking forward to this and best of luck to you!

I appreciate the posts above for being mindful and patient, but as usual I have some cool storyboards of new pages for my manga, with the upcoming 30+ page fight with Vivian vs. Aria in the EX Chapter. It's Vivian's Frogadier vs. Aria's Blaziken inside of a technique called Flame Vortex: Fire Wall, an Arte that Aria created specifically to trap Vivian for this fight.

And for those of you unfamiliar with how my manga artist does things, essentially: there is the story-boarding phase, then sketching, then inking, and then finally toning the pages.

There is some interesting Tech used in the manga that isn't present in the game, such as a device used on every Trainer's wrist which allows them to instantaneously teleport Poke Balls from there PC's to wherever they are, up to the limit of 6 times. It is referred to as the Temporal-Paradigm Poke Ball Transportation Device. It essentially allows for anti-theft of Poke Balls and removes the necessity of having them on your person, and each ball carries a special "tag" associated with it, so it can be called and teleported anywhere and ONLY by the Trainer who owns it with their Trainer Number.

Another bit of interesting Tech is the Aura Reader, which is indeed based off of the Scouters. And no, there is no over 9000 joke if you were expecting one.

1519506152742_by_dylanrockin2122-dc56buu

1520054335338_by_dylanrockin2122-dc56bv1

scv_1520373860156_123371642_by_dylanrock

scv_15203738688741821706530_by_dylanrock

scv_1520376245365458430017_by_dylanrocki

scv_1520376262574_302028234_by_dylanrock

Scv 1520378231754-2036327187 by Dylanrockin2122

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Spring Break is right around the corner, and that means that I am going to be doing a livestream everyday, next week for 3 hours of me working on maps and eventing, while trying to catch up on my work for my game! If ya'll are interested, feel free to stop by, because there's going to be lots of work to be done there! I will make a post when I am live, when it happens, so keep an eye out for that!

Also, I got pulled over for going 5 MPH over :V anyone wanna spare me 107 dollars? Going once? Twice? I literally got pulled over for going 5 over... FIVE! The most common speed people go, when they go over the speed limit on the freeway! And I was going downhill trying to slow down, so... whatever. I'm not mad. Not at all.

UPDATE:

Ughhhhhh... give me a minute to rant about how much I absolutely hate paying for dentist visits. I hate having to pay 7000 dollars for my dental bill, because my stupid, younger self never took proper care of his teeth. I hate knowing that I have to put aside ~1000+ dollars JUST to pay my bill every month, when I could be spending on things that matter or things that I absolutely need to take care of. AND I hate that my parents are now asking me for 800 dollars on top of that, because they can't pay their own dental bills! LIKE WHAT EVEN?! JUST STOP! I now brush my teeth every day, 2 - 3 times and floss regularly, but still my teeth are still botched that I need to keep paying for this crap! Efffing kill me. I love my new dentist in that.... I think I have fallen in love with her, because she is so disgustingly kind-hearted and has a cool personality. Did I just say that? *ahem* Yes, anyways, cool dentist and whatnot, but I hate knowing that I have to keep coming back for these stupid visits. HATE IT.

Side note: Progress on game as usual. I have loads of new character arts for the prequel game and whatnot as well as the young versions of Vivian, and Helena and various other characters soon to come.