Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

There's only two reasons why you couldn't make any posts (ie the bottom replay thing says this thread is locked) which is either a mod or yourself (not sure if non Ace members have that power) lock this thread. If a mod did it, you would be notified or aware of it in some way or form. It was probably just a glitch though so don't worry about it. Some users have had issues with certain features of the site for some random reason.

@Commander If it was locked due to a mod then I have no idea how or why that'd be the case, since... I don't really do a whole lot of much that would've constituted that. Unless I somehow said something that pissed someone off here, which... I wouldn't know of since I hardly say anything, ever. Unless it's here. Also, I never really received any notification that it would be locked. If it was just a glitch then it's one of the weirdest most inconvenient glitches I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

So, I still have this posting glitch or whatever it is, and still somehow managing to coerce it into doing my bidding. But, currently working on creating new skit faces for the sub-character: Ashera for the final areas of the game:

ashera_by_rialynkv-dbfwixe.png

22292033_1668422803231639_2047563965_n_b

22290435_1668422786564974_1331423572_n_b

Edited by Dylanrockin

So, I finally got started on having my Manga artist design a cover for the first volume of the manga. Personally I'm in favor of the 3rd design, but the 4th and 1st get a good sense of atmosphere, but the 3rd one gets the tone down. Which are you all in favor of?

db55ea3a675aa39595f954afd7046c26.png

Edited by Dylanrockin

And here is the back cover page:

No separate options like last time, but I think works great for paralleling the front cover's 3rd choice. Also, for those of you who live in NYC, my manga artist will be selling this at a local comic shop, upon its release. For the most part though, it will be sold online. Also, the reason why I'm not posting anything about my game, atm, is because I have nothing really to post about, since I'm currently just doing mapping and eventing. Most programming stuff I'm saving for a rainy day to show off.

7e010fc5993cd60e5961e5752faa6f99.png

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Like 1

So, update again: Today I am just gonna be saying that I am now on Fall Break, thank... freaking god... because oh. my. god. This semester was simply the stupidest in that I missed a solid 2 days of school and suddenly 2 of my classes I had 10% of my grade drop. FROM 2 DAYS! Oh well, I can always make that up since the semester isn't even over yet. Anyways, here are 10 pages of the manga in storyboard format. Not sketched, and not inked. Just storyboarded.

97f98d65cb6fc6f950a2516556817bb9.jpg

8d1753f16e36f53febf0d13e81544176.jpg

2440b98184020b131ca144f7008d9b30.jpg

1308c2cee6cace6dd58cf03cec937e38.jpg

c3165a5abea1fe831b80bcc6ba6f631e.jpg

I'm hoping these pages are going to be finished sometime this month, with them being inked and toned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Do to the soon to be release of the Official Pokemon Manga: Pokemon Horizon, do you guys think I should change the name of my game to my secondary name: Pokemon Verdant Tales? Admittedly, I prefer that name way more, and I won't have corporate b.s. getting in my face, and legal issues arising. Also, so that way people who have read Pokemon Horizon won't go "What is this cheap knock-off of this manga? Fucking scrub."

So, I'm actually thinking of changing the name to Pokemon Verdant Tales, because admittedly that fits better than what my 15 year old self named the game as :V So, honestly, I think this gives me a pretty good excuse to change it to what I actually wanted it to be. What do you guys think?

Also, I feel that Game Freak and Nintendo have been silently eyeing my game... hmmm...

Edited by Dylanrockin

15 hours ago, Noctelis said:

If the game has the same story as the manga, it would be a lot better to change it to Verdant Tales (which sounds better imho).

The game and manga share the exact same story, with the same exact characters. The only difference is that the manga has more scenes added in it than the game does, because of limitations on a 2D engine. It is much more faithful to my story than the game is, because it has several more scenes that the game lacks.

6 hours ago, ste237 said:

I agree with Noctelis, just Verdant Tales is good.

Welp, the game has now been renamed, and I feel much better about it, and yet spiteful towards Game Freak and Nintendo for that manga they made :L I'm sure it's good, but... I don't care about it now at this point, because of re-branding. And I don't think too many people will be miffed with the change, because the game isn't even released and it wouldn't have any impact on it whatsoever.

• Like 1

They made a manga named Pokemon Horizon, in July, which has a part of his manga's name Symphonic Horizon. Also, I haven't heard of pokemon mangas.....is this the first??

Edited by BRS swag

6 hours ago, BRS swag said:

They made a manga named Pokemon Horizon, in July, which has a part of his manga's name Symphonic Horizon. Also, I haven't heard of pokemon mangas.....is this the first??

There's like 5 different manga series that I can name off the top of my head around Pokemon. Pokemon Adventures has been going on since like Gen 1 (and I think Electric Tale of Pikachu was also going on back then). Pokemon Adventures is pretty good if you ever want to read it or try to find where to read it though I haven't read much of it myself. Definitely very different from the Anime.

5 hours ago, Commander said:

There's like 5 different manga series that I can name off the top of my head around Pokemon. Pokemon Adventures has been going on since like Gen 1 (and I think Electric Tale of Pikachu was also going on back then). Pokemon Adventures is pretty good if you ever want to read it or try to find where to read it though I haven't read much of it myself. Definitely very different from the Anime.

Really? I've got something to check out then

On 10/31/2017 at 5:31 PM, DemICE said:

Did they make some manga that has blatant elements from your game?

Honestly, at this point it seems like it. Then again, a translator from NOA is a 4Chan frequenter, which makes me not as surprised if they had someone pay attention to my work at some point or another to make sure I wasn't "going overboard" in case of a C&D. But, it's mostly the name, which irritates me that I have to re-brand because of it. But at the same time I'm not super miffed, because this name works better :V

21 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Yes, Pokemon Adventures and several others exist, including Reburst which... is certainly original, I'll give it that. In a really freaking creepy way. I own all of Pokemon Adventures, so far, and it's been good. Well, at least up until the end of Black and White. Everything afterwards was kinda eh.

15 hours ago, Commander said:

There was also Magical Pokemon Journey, which was a shoujo manga made for girls, but was actually pretty good and resembled Sailor Moon. I also own that manga, mostly because of it's similarities to Sailor Moon.

Update, yo: So, new character, after like... a couple months of no new characters, mostly because almost all 50+ characters are already finished or I'm waiting for the Next Dimension Tournament arc to begin, where there will be about 10 or so more characters. That said, here is a new character that is related to Dreyah Haven, the Ice Princess from the ruined Eira region. Her name is Selena Haven, also an Ice Princess from Eira and is the younger sister to Dreyah. As her halo would represent, she is indeed dead. She was killed during an internal conflict of the Eira region, and is one of the driving motives for Dreyah to take the throne of the Elite Four and to restore her destroyed land. This very same character appears in the Next Dimension Tournament against Marissa and was forced into the competition by one of the lingering spirits of the Next Dimension against her will. Marissa forfeits the match, when she realizes who she is, and that if she defeats Selena, her captors would make sure she would no longer exist, even in soul form. Compared to her sister, Selena is much more polite and innocent and even possessing the ability to heal her Pokemon as well as others, since she too was once a potential Planet Herald like Krista.

Selena Haven

23318871_1702876316452954_811143726_n_by

Dreyah Haven

dreyah_haven_by_rialynarts-danhix4.png