Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

owo This game looks great, and a lot of work was obviously put into it. I like the idea of having special Abilities for your characters. The artwork and manga looks amazing, too! Keep up the good work, and excited to see this game's progress!

also wonder what that secret thing is spoil pls

owo This game looks great, and a lot of work was obviously put into it. I like the idea of having special Abilities for your characters. The artwork and manga looks amazing, too! Keep up the good work, and excited to see this game's progress!

also wonder what that secret thing is spoil pls

Thanks! To be honest, I didn't actually intend to post my game anywhere, else, but apparently, people wanted me to bring this game over here, for some reason o.o

That secret something is a little side-project that is unrelated to my manga, however, it is something that will affect how you will perceive the characters in-game ;) Also, there is a lot more artwork for my game, and I would post more, buuuttt... I dunno. I would have to dig through my art collection for my game, and have to dedicate a section to it on this post, which sounds like a lot of fun, but would be time consuming XD

Oooh, this one looks neeeeeeato as fuck. Will be looking forward to downloading it when the time comes. The sketches and art are amazing. Did you draw those sketches of the villains yourself?

Did I mention this one looks neato? Like, really neato?

I'm just looking at that title screen video and I'm seriously amazed. Reborn is really becoming a happening place for fan games. Now I gotta make decisions which fan games to play. Seriously, like wow. That pretty much puts any title screen GF has created to shame. I haven't read through it all, but I will. And there's a manga...Yes!

I'm just looking at that title screen video and I'm seriously amazed. Reborn is really becoming a happening place for fan games. Now I gotta make decisions which fan games to play. Seriously, like wow. That pretty much puts any title screen GF has created to shame. I haven't read through it all, but I will. And there's a manga...Yes!

Yeah, there are currently more than 1 anime stylized animations for my game. That is just one of about 3 more that are coming out in the next 2 or so months, which are going to be made by the same person. They are mainly used to highlight major parts of the game, like when a new character is introduced or like when *spoilers* happens and then *spoilers* also happen XD And yes, the manga is still being worked on by one of my close friends, who does an amazing job at conveying the game in a manga adaptation. However, pages 4-32 wont be available until summer, because she is currently really busy at the moment ^^;

Oooh, this one looks neeeeeeato as fuck. Will be looking forward to downloading it when the time comes. The sketches and art are amazing. Did you draw those sketches of the villains yourself?

Did I mention this one looks neato? Like, really neato?

Did I draw them? No, I had friends of mine draw them for me ^^; I am not that awesome, especially since they were made by friends of mine who wanted to help support my game. I did a lot of the programming, mapping, and I wrote the entire story for my game.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Did I draw them? No, I had friends of mine draw them for me ^^; I am not that awesome, especially since they were made by friends of mine who wanted to help support my game. I did a lot of the programming, mapping, and I wrote the entire story for my game.

>I am not that awesome

>Does a lot of the programming, mapping, and writes entire story

You see the contradiction here right? xD Needless to say, good luck on finishing this which will probably be a masterpiece fangame, cuz god damn it looks awesome right now.

Now I need to know how to manage my time in order to play all these fangames. Hmm..

>I am not that awesome

>Does a lot of the programming, mapping, and writes entire story

You see the contradiction here right? xD Needless to say, good luck on finishing this which will probably be a masterpiece fangame, cuz god damn it looks awesome right now.

Now I need to know how to manage my time in order to play all these fangames. Hmm..

Well, I'm still not that great. If it weren't for my friends, I honestly would've stopped making my game a long time ago. But, this game did go through a heavy revision, especially since 6 months ago, where the game actually looks a lot more graphically appealing, especially in the menu's. Sprites were edited to look more like their canon designs. And I dunno about Masterpiece, because I can already tell that the game will be heavily divided among Pokemon Fans, especially with the character switching and the VERY heavy plot. Like... there are scenes that go on for, and I kid you not, 30 minutes if you actually read it. This gif explains those scenes in a nut-shell:

exposition.gif

Well, all I say, I say it from my own opinion: even if the game ends up divided among the fans, that means 50% will love it, which sounds good to me (and I assure you, these proportions are never 50% dislike -50% like, they're usually more like 20% dislike-80% like). I like games with heavy story, and I've been through VERY long cutscenes, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also it seems you have very good friends, helping you with this game. Congratulations to you all for the progress you've made together!

Well, all I say, I say it from my own opinion: even if the game ends up divided among the fans, that means 50% will love it, which sounds good to me (and I assure you, these proportions are never 50% dislike -50% like, they're usually more like 20% dislike-80% like). I like games with heavy story, and I've been through VERY long cutscenes, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also it seems you have very good friends, helping you with this game. Congratulations to you all for the progress you've made together!

It might end up that way, but, I am never pleased with my own work, which I guess is the reason why I constantly am delaying my game ^^; And yeah, to put it bluntly, the entire game script, that covers the main story of the game, is 300,000+ words of dialogue, so you can imagine that there is a lot of exposition and talking among characters. Especially since some characters have scenes with others to help develop them more, like with Vivian and Allan having small scenes here and there #shipping XD

Also, side note: How do I make YouTube links into videos, by chance? Like with the anime animation that I have at the top. I just copy/pasted this whole thread from Pokecommunity, so I am kinda confused XD

Edited by Dylanrockin

Also, side note: How do I make YouTube links into videos, by chance? Like with the anime animation that I have at the top. I just copy/pasted this whole thread from Pokecommunity, so I am kinda confused XD

I'm not sure myself, but I think you had to put youtube video URL [/video*] for it to appear as a video playable in your post, if that's what you mean you want to do. If you want a text to be put in a spoiler (the text will be unreadable until the person reading opens the spoiler, which might save you a lot of space in the OP) you use

text [/spoiler*] . There are others for image URLs ( pic URL[/img*] ) and so on.

All of those without the "*", that I put there so that I could post without the spoiler becoming a, well, spoiler.

I'm not sure myself, but I think you had to put youtube video URL [/video*] for it to appear as a video playable in your post, if that's what you mean you want to do. If you want a text to be put in a spoiler (the text will be unreadable until the person reading opens the spoiler, which might save you a lot of space in the OP) you use

text [/spoiler*] . There are others for image URLs ( pic URL[/img*] ) and so on.

All of those without the "*", that I put there so that I could post without the spoiler becoming a, well, spoiler.

Ahh, okay I got it down now, this should be good, hopefully! Now all the videos appear and are a lot more prominent looking in the thread. I really need to get around to heavily revising the main thread. But, the videos showcasing abilities and stuff are now up and running!

I've watched your streams occasionally, can't wait for this game!

Huh? Were you someone who appeared in my chat at some point, like a frequenter or someone random?

Update

SO. The release date for my game has been announced a week or so ago, however, I am going to be moving it back one more week, mainly because I am almost done with eventing the last of this set of Story Events, but I also need to finish eventing some of the NPC's and trainers. However, my amazing friend who does a lot of the concept artwork for my characters, has made another bit of concept art for the Ex-Champion of Lumia - Ariana Marie Valeria.

Ariana's Concept Artwork

tmp_12166_20151030_112045_11002015542_by

Shiro Amakusa's concept artwork

tmp_5838_20151030_163405_11002015542_by_

She was the previous champion of Lumia and was one of the 4 heroes from 8 years prior to this games events. The reasons behind her death is explained very early on in the game, so there is no need for me to describe what happened to her. But, she was also the previous owner for Vice's Eevee.

Shiro Amakusa is Mia Vance's (Vivian's sister who passed away) childhood friend, who joined the Dark Fangs out of envy towards Mia's successes. He joined on the basis that he wanted to prove to everyone that he can be just as good, if not better than Mia, and eventually, him joining the Dark Fangs lead to Mia's untimely death.

Also, in this upcoming beta for my game, there are going to be some sprite placeholders for some characters, until I can get their sprites finished. However, I am planning on getting their placeholders removed, and changed out for their canonical sprite designs, within this extra week. Also, the Summary Screen and some other menu's will be using Custom Made Graphics from my graphic/sprite/concept artist ;) However, I do not know if those custom graphics will be used in the 1st beta.

Also, I have a general question for those who happen to view this post: When would you like me to upload my game? I can guarantee that the game will be extremely playable if I wait another month or two to get some fixes in, however, I cannot guarantee you will get the fullest experience out of the game if I release the game in the next week or two. I hate to keep people waiting, but I hate to have to disappoint some people with being unable to deliver on people's expectations.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 3

My best piece advice for that situation is to make a decision based on where to do what'll be best for you. If you want to get early feedback to make better adjustments, it would be better to release it early (which is a big reason why Reborn released its game in episodes as it wouldn't be nearly as good without it). Generally, I believe holding off to better polish the game will leave much better results...and Rebornians are very patient people (well most of the casuals are). We will wait no matter how long it takes. The only reason I'd be against holding off is if you'll be burned out causing far more delays than the intended release. A polished game will have a much greater impact than a rushed one with quick updates. The tortoise always beats the hair in the end.

• Upvote 1

My best piece advice for that situation is to make a decision based on where to do what'll be best for you. If you want to get early feedback to make better adjustments, it would be better to release it early (which is a big reason why Reborn released its game in episodes as it wouldn't be nearly as good without it). Generally, I believe holding off to better polish the game will leave much better results...and Rebornians are very patient people (well most of the casuals are). We will wait no matter how long it takes. The only reason I'd be against holding off is if you'll be burned out causing far more delays than the intended release. A polished game will have a much greater impact than a rushed one with quick updates. The tortoise always beats the hair in the end.

I see... well then I will see how much I will get done within this week, and if I can get as much as I planned to get done, finished, then I might end up releasing it early. However, I am not one to really suffer from burnout, mainly because I don't think I could live with the guilt of disappointing more people with delays, as well as my friends being disappointed by my lack of progress. I'm not really someone who is pleased by my own work, the first time around, so I may end up delaying the game, depending on how things go this week.

Jesus. This is probably the most ambitious fan project I've ever seen. I truly hope everything works out.

Heheh ^^; I tend to get that a lot, actually. But, I don't ever quit on projects, mainly because I feel like I would let a lot of my friends down, who have gone out of their ways to help me make this game.

Side note: If anyone has used the Forced Evolution Script in essentials before, could someone tell me how to use it, properly? For some reason, I cannot figure out how to use the thing. I do the script call: pbForceEvo(pokemon) But, I have no idea what I am supposed to ACTUALLY put inside of the parenthesis. I put the Pokemon's name in all caps, like I usually would for a script call, but, is it the Pokemon's dex number, is it their evolution, is it just 1,2? I feel really dumb for asking this, but I am generally confused on this o.e mainly for the lack of examples is why. The majority of the time I get an error, so I am pretty clueless at the moment for how it is supposed to work.