Cleaning up the Mess

Amethyst

• Administrators

O citizenry of Reborn, ye need live in fear no longer.

Following the community's decision to remove the /kick command for the sake of consistency with our rules, we also turned our attention to the selection of Site Shop Items that enabled users to futz with others profiles by changing their name, avatar, or collectively their entire profile into to make them into oh, I don't know, Grimace from McDonalds.

...But I mean, who would do such a thing, really? Shame...

In any case, for the sake of remaining consistency with our own rule, which outright says "Fun at the expense of others isn't fun", we've decided that those items probably don't need to stick around. They can be especially annoying for newer users who become unfortunate victims of them too, and don't necessarily have the $R to change their profile back.

The entire 'Mess with Others!' section has since been removed from the Site Shop, including the Steal $R item. While it might be a little less fun for some of the rich users, the change is worth accommodating everyone.

Previously purchased/held items from that section may or may not work. Apologies for the inconvenience, Additionally, other item prices and posting rates have been tweaked to account for the flux in the economy.

• Upvote 8

And thus, Jan's plan to get Zumi back for changing his name while on vacation has been shut down :c.

She'll still get her's.

CRAP I DIDNT REALIZE THIS DURING THE MEETING

Anyways, glad to see it removed as well despite some funny instances.

Soooo....on what exactly should we use our rupees now? Don't get me wrong, all considered it is a good thing but if you remove a feature (a pretty popular one from what i understand) shouldn't we get something else in it's place? Well i hope some of those items still work (i have several on me) now it's probably the best time to use them...

Using $R to buy warning points is pretty silly, so im superglad this was done.

Same tbh

Soooo....on what exactly should we use our rupees now? Don't get me wrong, all considered it is a good thing but if you remove a feature (a pretty popular one from what i understand) shouldn't we get something else in it's place? Well i hope some of those items still work (i have several on me) now it's probably the best time to use them...

To be honest site shops only really function in most places as a means for you to be able to change your name, name color, or other things like that. That's it. Reborn's gives you the sprite system and the "of the day" showdown items as well. Not really a reason why things should be added in place simply because some users post a lot and have an excess amount of rupees.

To be honest site shops only really function in most places as a means for you to be able to change your name, name color, or other things like that. That's it. Reborn's gives you the sprite system and the "of the day" showdown items as well. Not really a reason why things should be added in place simply because some users post a lot and have an excess amount of rupees.

I disagree, there is a reason: the removal of a popular feature (if you take something without giving anything in return some people will not like it, that's normal). but i'm repeating myself so better stop here

I never had to deal with these items luckily but I was waiting for them at all times tbh.

I'm very supportive and happy you have decided to stop the distribution of these mess with people items. I'm sure we'll survive without them though. ;D

Good luck Jan with your plans.

Now new members like me will be unable to find a fun trolling others in a forum...but I guess that's what for the best ;) . I don't want some rich people to find it amusing to troll a single person by keep changing his/her name/status.