Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

Female Dorm

Mie felt she was somewhat out of place. With all of the conversations that were going on around her, she felt it would be out of her right to jump in. It was not within her right to intrude or disrupt the lives of those around her. So, Mie replaced the hoodie on her head and walked over next to the window that Adeline was sitting by, with her Vulpix following by her side. It was a location that was out of the way enough. It would not bother anyone if she went there.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male Dorms

The feeling of his fist hitting flesh was disorienting but add a new scream amid the nightmare and Aliah could only whip around in a circle, fists outstretched. Panic clouded his vision somewhat but Aliah could make out Johnny and Lucas. Keme had been carefully watching and suddenly jumped up his tongue whipping through the air with a faint purple glow. It struck Aliah's outstretched fist and caused the boy to freeze in place. With his body unable to move, Aliah could finally try and get a hold of himself. His eye's searched the room, and his fellow trainers. Lucas was the source of the scream, Aliah realized, as the boy was staring frozen at him. As though uncertain if he should run from Aliah or move to... Johnny!

The oddity of Lucas's figure, and the soft pained breathing below him, jerked Aliah's still frozen gaze. Forcing his head to move, albeit microscopically Aliah could better make out Johnny and his Fennekin. It was obvious now that Aliah had punched poor Johnny in his stomach. Then he was trying to wake me up, Aliah thought absently. The paralyzing affect of Lick was slowly weakening and Aliah managed to utter an apology as Keme hopped on his head with a soft thump.

"I'm... sorry... Johnny."

Johnny sat up, supporting himself with one arm. as he did so, Ignizelka sat down next to him. Johnny then replied, the pain having mostly subsided.

"It's okay, Aliah. i'm only aching somewhat. Nothing that Ignizelka couldn't soothe using the hot air she vents from her ears, what with her being a Fennekin. But on a more important note, there's something out there, haunting this Dorm Building. While we are stuck in here with it, help is on its way. Lucas' Gastly is heading to the higher-ups in order to bring them here so they can get us out of this mess. In the meantime, we need to get to cover. follow me and Lucas, we were just under some nearby tables when you turned up."

And with that, Johnny and Ignizelka headed back under the tables they'd been under.

"Oh, what do you want?" Kage grumped at the Gastly that had suddenly appeared before him. It didn't have any real bite behind it - it was hard for Kage to be upset with any Pokemon - but his irritation showed clearly. He just wanted to get to his dorm and get settled so he could begin the arduous (for him) process of sending his parents the necessary information for them to get the remaining portion of his luggage to him; Kage hadn't brought most of it, not being sure how much space he would have available.

Male dorms

After Johnny had finished speaking, Lucas wanted to point out another thing to the other trainer.

"One more thing: after you've come in, you can't exit this place for some reason. So we are relying on Gastly, or other people that is inside this building. Another trainer who was with us, Sim, is now wandering around in this building to find other people..."

"... I assume". he whispered after a pause. That reminded him of Sim, that was now alone with his Abra somewhere else inside, in a building haunted by ghosts (or ghost-types). That wasn't a good situation to be in and he didn't hear anything about Sim since he left, some time ago.

Lucas just followed Johnny and returned under the desk. He needed the agreement of everyone before doing anything by himself, considered the scenario they were in, and he was also waiting for the situation to unfold, as he was separated from his pokemon, Grimace.

Meanwhile Grimace was having some problems communicating. The student that was in front of him seemed slightly upset, and just mumbled a fast question to the Gastly. The ghost-type on the other hand was trying to warn him with gestures of some sort. He tried to shapeshift into various things (one of which was a cross, as he wanted to say that the trainer couldn't enter the dorms), he tried to look scary to imitate some other ghost-type Pokemon, which were a possible cause of the mess that was going on inside... The Gastly was letting out some cries, and had a rather preoccupied "facial" expression for the whole time.

If Gastly could speak, use telepathy, or know how to write, things would have been so much easier...

Unfortunately, the Gastly's efforts at communicating were in vain; the ethereal Pokemon's visual display was utterly lost on this particular audience. He did catch the note of distress, however. "Alright, let's just try and find your trainer. Follow me, alright?" Internally, Kage sighed. What's up with this? Take care of your Pokemon, man. He ducked around the Ghost-type and pulled open the door, proceeding into the entryway.

Upon hearing the Front Door open, Johnny leaped out from under the table, and yelled, sprinting towards the door.

"Whatever you do, don't let the door close behind you! Just try to get out of here!"

Johnny was quickly outside, Ignizelka in hot pursuit, passing right through Grimace as he did so. Unfortunately, Johnny didn't spot Robert in time to sidestep out of the way, and crashed right into the other Trainer. Ignizelka didn't spot Kiai in time to move out of the way, and crashed headlong into the Riolu. This was quickly followed by both Johnny and ignizelka being on the ground, and apologizing to the one they'd crashed into.

"Sorry about crashing into you..."

Ignizelka made a small, apologetic whine as her apology to Kiai, and then started telling the Riolu about the situation inside the Dorms.

Edited by K_H

Male dorms

The newcomers completely changed the situation. After an eternal wait under the desks, full of suspence, everything was now happening so quickly.

"The door!" was all that Lucas said, this time yelling at the trainer from outside, before running towards the exit and Grimace in a desperate attempt to exit. But there was Aliah inside, too. As if that wasn't enough, Lucas had to stop himself right outside the door, as Johnny and another trainer (not the one who opened the door) had just crashed into each other, and their Pokemon did the exact same thing.

Lucas then placed himself so that he would block the door and not allow it to close, hoping that Aliah would have come out too.

"Are you all alright?" Lucas asked, panting and leaning on the dorm's door that he was trying to keep open. "The dorms seem to be infested by some ghosts, you're better off staying outside. But, some people is still inside. Aliah, Sim, and maybe some other students. Are we going to continue with our plan?"

He looked at Johnny first, then at the other students. It was most likely the first time he met them. "Now that we are outside we can contact the higher-ups (instead of my Gastly), but remember that there is still people inside. Also, I can't really keep this door open forever so that is not an option." he added.

Grimace's attempts at communicating didn't work at all. He was about to use Hypnosis on the trainer, but letting him open the door was probably a much better thing to do: after that rapid sequence of events (including Johnny passing right through him), now Lucas and the others were out of that infested place.

All he did after that was moving closer to his trainer, happy to see that he was safe and observing the newly arrived students.

Edited by Cyaloom

After what happened with Kage sunk in, Robert walked the rest of the way to the male dorm, making sure to keep some distance between him and Kage to avoid angering the other trainer even more. Once he saw Kage enter he let out a sigh of relief and went towards the door himself, hoping that he'd have enough time to calm down and come up with an apology in his dorm room and that the time would allow Kage to lose some anger at him as well. At least, that was the plan, but was quickly pushed back when another person ran right into Robert and pushed him to the ground with Kiai getting a similar hit.

"Sorry about crashing into you..."

Robert looked up at the trainer, rubbing the back of his head from the pain as he spoke. "Er... it's fine, I guess... I might have deserved that for having something else on my mind." As Robert spoke to Kenny and then focused on Lucas's words afterwards, Kiai was mainly giving Ignizelka a confused look as the Fenniken was explaining things, not having much of an idea what they just walked into.

"Uh, ghosts? Really, ghosts in the dorms?!" Robert looked at them in shock, letting the idea sink in. These two were in there already, so it only made sense that he'd believe them. He sighed, sitting up and looking at the boy holding the door open. "Okay, so... Ghosts... Well, things just keep getting worse and worse. So, since you two are the ones who were in there, is the plan running from here, or pushing the line between courage and stupidity to help the others inside?"

Edited by TurboAura

Johnny stood up and then spoke up, responding to Robert's question.
"Actually, we take the third option: play it smart by first getting backup in the form of the Higher-ups and then trying to rescue the others in the building, as Lucas said."

Johnny then remembered something else.

"Oh, and at least one of the Ghosts haunting the Dorms can use a move that induces sleep, so there's that, too."

Edited by K_H

Lucas's efforts in holding the door were suddenly aided by a second body. Aliah had regained his ability to move and chose to take in the situation a bit better before acting. Slipping past the chaos of bodies, both people and pokemon, Aliah leaned casually against the door. His blue eyes were coolly frozen as they took in the group. He hoped no one could see through his facade. His body showed the stress of his mental state with subtle signs though.

With Keme still on his head, Aliah spoke for the first time in a while.

"We should leave while the situation is favorable to us."

• Support Squad

Female Dorms

"Ok, hang on, I need to get my crap set away." Samantha announced to the group at large, regardless of if they cared, and aggressively flounced her way to her room to set her stuff aside and quickly return to the group.

"Clothes, picture, favourite pillow... check, check and check." She listed as she worked. Her typical set of clothes were on the bed in a haphazard fashion to be hung later. On the room dresser she straightened a picture of a cheerful redhead and a shy brunette girl and finally her favourite pillow in the world was set carefully at the end of the bed.

Moving ever onwards, Samantha raced back outside. In her rush however, she pulled an Adeline and fell face first into the dirt. Samantha took this in her stride though, grinning at Adeline. "Two minutes with you and you're rubbing off on me already, huh?"

Male Dorms

As the inhabitants flailed around in the dorms, the malign presence behind the otherworldly events watched. Were they satisfied with the students fear and turmoil? Were they happy that their terrorism had worked perfectly? No

They had not claimed a victim yet.

They would have to work fast though, lest the dim witted janitors superiors get wind of this and put a concerted effort into hunting them down. If foresight was not maintained, a trap could be set and they would be finished.

That would not happen. Their requiem would come after one of the mortals had sung their own final ballad.

The dorms were submerged in ephemeral darkness. It pierced the students like the chill of a cold December morning and addled their thoughts. Whispers, faint and furious, whispered in every students ear.

"We will have another. We will balance the scales."

A moment passes in the darkness. Silence reigns.

That rule is cut short by a shrill wail seemingly from everywhere, infinitely louder than the whisper of before.

"GIVE IT TO US! YOUR LIFE! IT'S ONLY RIGHT! IT'S ONLY FAIR! IF YOU REFUSE OUR KINDNESS WE WILL DO TO YOU AS THEY DID TO HIM! YOU ARE ALL OURS, THIS IS OUR DOMAIN!!!"

Sim felt that at this point he must have went through almost every hallway in the building. So far the search hadn't brought up anything, He guessed most people had locked themselves into there rooms the moment logic decided to take a vacation. If he couldn't find where everyone was hiding soon he would have to retrace his steps and knock on every door. It was a tedious option Sim would rather avoid.

For the most part everything was quiet as he searched. Compared to how hectic things had began the stillness seemed just as creepy. At one point Sim could have swore he heard whispering from farther down one of the hallways, the thought of it sent a chill down his spine. In the corner of Sims vision something always seemed to be moving, He shrugged it off as paranoia but even so he had to wipe some sweat from his forehead.

"Maybe I'm just imagining things" Sim mumbled to Vanish who was still within his arms. He wanted Vanish close, clearly anything could happen in this mad house. Just then Sim heard another whisper, this time clear as day. "We will have another. We will balance the scales." Sim searched around frantically unsure of where the noise was coming from. "GIVE IT TO US! YOUR LIFE! IT'S ONLY RIGHT! IT'S ONLY FAIR! IF YOU REFUSE OUR KINDNESS WE WILL DO TO YOU AS THEY DID TO HIM! YOU ARE ALL OURS, THIS IS OUR DOMAIN!!!" Sim's body shook, the first priority was tracing the sound but it sounded as if it came from all directions at once."Maybe we should have stayed with the others" Sim whispered with an unsteady voice. Slowly Sim backed himself into a corner, praying that whatever was causing all of this would leave in peace. Sim wondered what kindness was being refused, and what "they did to him" whatever that meant.

"Well, that was creepy as fuck," Kage said bluntly after the ghost or whatever it was finished screaming at them. "Pretty sure this isn't 'your domain,' though, and I don't think the teachers are gonna put up with you threatening to murder people. So yeah, have fun in detention." Kage wasn't buying it. He was still standing in the doorway, though, having narrowly avoided being stampeded as students scrambled out of the building. "Anyone feel like grabbing the nearest teacher?" he asked aloud.

Johnny was irked by what the Ghost said, and the fact that his ears were still ringing didn't help either. Then, as the ringing subsided, he heard Kage speak up. Johnny responded to Kage's words.
"My thoughts exactly."

Johnny and Ignizelka then headed off to the Registration Building for the second time that day, headed in, and then spoke to the nearest Adult, who he presumed was most likely a Teacher.

"Excuse me, but there's a bit of a sticky situation over in the Boys Dorm, and we need help."

Edited by K_H

• Veterans

"Oh great, now this sick fucker is threatening to kill us. Day 1 and we're already getting death threats, what's next. An army of Hydreigon come charging towards us?" James said trying to calm down though failing. "Any idea on what to do? You seem to have experienced this or something like it before so....any plans aside from sitting in a room and praying to Arceus above that it doesn't come into this room?" He asked the older student, might aswell try to get something productive done instead of just sitting there waiting for things to pass over. Then again, he was planning on sleeping most of the day so maybe he shouldn't be complaining that much.

Male dorms

Lucas instinctively moved away from the door after hearing the ghosts' scream, like the others did, and Aliah remained the only one that was keeping the door in place for some time, before Lucas returned to his previous position.

Him? Who were they talking about? thought Lucas afterwards, meditating on the ghosts' words that he understood. "What do you think they want?" Lucas asked to the other trainers, referring to the ghosts. Johnny had already left the place trying to find a teacher; now the safest alternative for the black haired guy was to wait.

Those screams instead were what made Grimace realize that those Ghosts were not playing around. No one knew why they were doing that but certainly it was not for pranking people... Because of that, the Gastly decided to just wait for some help like his trainer was doing, staring into the building from the outside to see how that situation would unfold.

This post basically is only stating some reactions, but I am not doing anything important.

Also because I remember what happened last time I was in a RP hosted by Dobby.

Edited by Cyaloom

As the ghostly yelling came out, Robert's lost his balance and fell back, looking wide eyed at the entrance until it finally settled down. He got to his feet as quick as he could, getting to the topic at hand as soon as he took a breath. "I don't really know Lucas. Though whatever it is, I don't think we want to wait for it to give us the answer. At least someone's already running for help, so we've got one end covered."

While not as fearful as his trainer, Kiai was shaken by the ghostly shouts as well but still did his best to stand ready with his shaky legs. He didn't know what was coming, but he couldn't give up just yet, battle or not.

Female Dorms

Thinking of his past battles made Wolt cringe in his mind. No reaction was shown on his face that showed he was. "I've been in a couple, but I never felt that much pressure. Though maybe it's when you're battling in front of people, like in a tournament." Wolt wondered if there would be any tournaments held in this academy, then he noticed something. "So I'm guessing you're not in the trainer program right? I mean you don't like battles right so you must be either a breeder or a coordinator. I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say you're a coordinator."

(Just since it's been a while)

Female Dorms

"I'm pretty sure I already said I'm a coordinator." Citrine was a bit surprised somebody could forget something said not that long okay. "It's okay though. I forget things all the time too." She seemed to be a little bit too proud of that point and was ready to say something when the ginger head leave to unpack her stuff. "Well, looks like the fun times are over now. I guess I may as well be going. I'll catch you later, Frosty." The nearby Skitty popped her head up when she saw the girl start walking away. While she would rather finish her nap, it was better to keep an eye on the trouble maker so she rushed over to stand beside the girl while the two headed back to the main building.

• Support Squad

Male Dorms

Malice and scorn seeped from every inch of the dark corridors before fading from the trainers senses. They decided it would be prudent to take a cautious retreat. They had begun attributing their machinations to a childish prank, as they did every year. They found it more and more difficult to incite terror as this went.

But they would return. And soon, before the cold streak of fear they had lashed across the students minds faded.

Female dorms

"Righty ho Captain Wolt, onwards to our own dorm room this time!" Claude said, leading the charge away from the female dorms as it became evident to him any entertainment would soon become sparse. He's rather annoy Wolt some more on their minute journey.

Wolt & Claude

"Well, looks like the fun times are over now. I guess I may as well be going. I'll catch you later, Frosty."

"See ya." Wolt said a little embarrassed, 'How could I forget something like that in less than five seconds?' He thought to himself.

"Righty ho Captain Wolt, onwards to our own dorm room this time!"

"Oh so you did know where it was. I don't even care at this point lets just go." He said annoyed, and followed Claude to the male dorms. Inigo got up and came along as well.

"What'd I say? Called on your bluff and now you're just gonna slink off, huh." Kage stepped the rest of the way into the dorm and reached a hand into his pocket, pulling out the key he had been given earlier. He ran his thumb over the number engraved into it, then headed into the building. He paused for a moment before entering the corridors, letting Lucas give him a quick read on the area; he didn't want to look too suspicious by going and feeling around for room number plates. Afterward, he headed down in the direction he believed his room was in, and tried the key in the lock. Kage felt a small burst of elation when the lock turned, letting him into the room.

• Veterans

Murdoc

The malice vanished just as suddenly as it had showed up. "Never mind...things seem to be calming down. I think I'm going to go back to my room now." Walking towards the door that led out of the room and into the corridor, he left the room in a rather quiet manner seeming to be lost in his thoughts while walking to his room again.

Meanwhile, Crescent was waiting in the room itself, resting himself on the couch in the main area when he heard the sound of the door opening. Cocking his head to a side, he jumped of the couch before walking forwards seeing before him a student with brown hair and sunglasses sporting a Ralts on his shoulder. Seeing as he had the key to the room in his hand, it seemed that he was going to live in this room and by extension be his Friend's roommate.

Male dorms (Room 041)

"Maybe the ghosts are afraid of teachers..." Lucas whispered, returing inside of the building with Grimace following him. He looked at the map of the building before heading towards his room. He opened the door and looked around, then unpacked his things and tidied the room; Johnny in the meantime hadn't returned form the main building and was still on his way.

Fast update but I might post again, possibly tomorrow, if nothing happens.

Arthur (Boys Dorm, Room 025)

As quickly as the madness began, it ended, leaving only silence and an overturned couch in its wake. The two other boys quickly went off to their own rooms.

Before he left, the younger of the two said. "Never mind...things seem to be calming down. I think I'm going to go back to my room now." The second year student followed quickly behind him, heading off to his own room, leaving Arthur and Monica alone.

Arthur turned to Monica, the fear quickly leaving her and being replaced with equal haste with curiosity. "Are we just going to pretend that didn't happen, or...?" Arthur let the question hang in the frail air, not expecting Monica to respond, but at this point, if she did, he wouldn't be terribly startled. "Well, silence is golden, I guess." Everything was absolutely quiet now, as if the fiend had taken Arthur's sense of hearing along with it. There were distant shuffling sounds of boys getting settled in and putting their rooms back in order, but Arthur was certain the silence could be punctured like a veil if one were to try hard enough. Granted, Arthur had absolutely no reason to do that as this was the first true moment of rest he had since leaving home. He streched lightly, then stood too quickly as the blood rushed to his head. He nearly fell over, but steadied himself. Arthur flipped the couch back into its rightful upright position.

Arthur quickly made a decision that now was not the time to make friends, so he sat back onto the couch and Monica hopped up next to him. Within moments, he was driffing off into a dreamless nap.