Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

• Support Squad

Female dorms

The young coordinator wagged his finger at Samantha, feigning a cross expression. "Tsk, tsk madame. That was an atrocious attempt at a euphemism and yet you dare call my companion and I peeping toms? I'd say we're the more innocent ones here." Claudes hand then dropped to his side. "Besides, I don't hide my best qualities. What's the point in that?" Now would be the moment he flashed another brilliant smile at those gathered, gesturing almost as if to pose but, for now, he held off. The good actor was supposed to know when to push the act. If he over-saturated them all with his air of extravagance it would hardly have an effect when it really mattered. When he was well and truly in the spotlight.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male dorms hallway

with Johnny and Sim

It was very likely that Lucas was the least scared out of the three trainers after seeing those yellow eyes appear on the walls. After all, he met Grimace that way. The first thing that came to Lucas' mind, in fact, that a swarm of many Ghost-type Pokemon like Gastly, Shuppet or Duskull infested the place and were wreaking havoc. That scream that followed shortly after that, though, was something that wouldn't work at all in that theory, and that scared Lucas much more than the eyes on the walls.
Shivering under the desk, without moving from his position, Lucas recalled that day, when he got to know the Pokemon that now was beside him, and was as frightened as he was in that moment, if not more. There weren't human-like ghosts or weird paintings... yet. He finally recomposed and replied to his fellow trainers. "Sim, you are right. We can't just get separated like this; but it's also true that we need some help from others. There is someone else in this building, isn't it?" Lucas said, looking in the direction that the scream from before came from.

The Gastly wasn't really scared by all of that. Probably the scream was music to his ears (if he had them). Before being caught by his trainer, Grimace passed entire days pranking the unaware visitors of the Old Chateau (and Lucas), with similar methods. But was this really a prank?

The ghost-type started to look around the hallway: he didn't really know what to do, and putting other people and Pokemon in danger wasn't part of his plan.

Aliah: Male Dorm Hallway

The scream that left Aliah's throat was a piercing, blood chilling one. The agony it carried was unmistakable. The eyes had blazed to life from the darkness as the cold once again seemed to creep into his bones. Broken memories razed up to the surface causing the boy to do the only thing possible. Scream.

Keme was suddenly dropped as Aliah grabbed his head in pain. The Froakie heard a yip and turned to see a Fennekin trying to get them to take shelter before heading back to it's trainer and safety. Aliah dropped to his knees and shivered, wrapping his arms around him in an instinctive need to protect himself. Keme managed a nod to the Fennekin before trying to help Aliah. Keme jumped repeated into his friend, attempting to move the frozen boy through force. His efforts only succeeded in causing Aliah to end up on his side, now curled in a fetal position. Eye's closed tight against the thing unfolding.

The words were too soft and fast to understand. Keme hopped on to his trainer and tried to soothe the darkness in his mind.

Edited by WildChalice

Johnny was still looking at the eyes, fear in his own. Ignizelka nudged him in an attempt to get him to come back to his senses, but he didn't seem to register her actions. Left with no other choice, she was forced to use an Attack on him. Reluctant to do so, she looked away from Johnny, knowing that what she was about to do was not a good choice, even though it was all she could do. Then, she scratched johnny's hand with one of her front paws, a white energy trail following it.

THAT was able to snap him out of it. As he noticed the pain, he let out a sharp yelp of surprise. He looked down at Ignizelka, nodding in thanks. Then, he spoke to the other two, responding to their questions.

"Well, I see no other option. Whatever it is, we're outmatched as is. In the meantime, howe- Ignizeka? wha- oh my."

He switched topics when Ignizelka tugged his sleeve to try to draw his attention to Aliah, who was curled up on the floor, keme hopping around atop the boy.

"Looks like you were right, Lucas. Here's my plan for now: I'll go get Aliah to safety by bringing him here. Lucas, you stay here and get Grimace to contact the Higher-ups. The rest of you, split up into pairs and search the Building for other people trapped in here with us and get them to come here. Be sure to keep yourselves safe as you do so, we don't want any unfortunate incidents occurring. Now, let's get ourselves ready to evacuate this building when the Adults arrive. Any questions?"

Edited by K_H

Female dorms

He's not really my type so you can have him. Citrine thought to herself as she saw the red head target Claude. Then again, he does seem to be kind of fun to be around. And he's a coordinator. Definitely beats the heck out of Frostbite over there. Something then hit her. It reminded her of something that happened a little while back. She ignored the little bit of chaos that was going around and stood in front of Wolt examining him closely. Moving her head slowly down then back up may have looked a bit awkward, but she didn't care. When she locked into Wolt's dark blue eyes, then it hit her.

"You don't really socialize that much, do you Frosty? I mean with skin that white, it's like you've never been in the sun before." She then looked over to the Sneasel. "That or you come from some place really, really cold. Though I don't get why people are crazy enough to live in those ice blocks. The heat is so much better."

Female Dorms

As the girl left to go talk to Claude, Wolt let a sigh of relief. He was happy she was out of his hair even if it was just for a moment. He calmed down a bit and took in the few moments of silence. He wonder what was happening at the boy's dorm if they female dorm was any outline for how first days usually go around here. Then he noticed that Citrine was looking up and down his body like she was checking him out which kinda weird. It wasn't too long before she spoke to him.

"You don't really socialize that much, do you Frosty? I mean with skin that white, it's like you've never been in the sun before. That or you come from some place really, really cold. Though I don't get why people are crazy enough to live in those ice blocks. The heat is so much better."

"I'm actually from Snowpoint City, Shinnoh, and if you couldn't tell by the name it's probably a little cold there." Wolt said now slightly in a better mood and a bit sarcasm at the end. "I don't mind the cold that much, though that's to be expected since I lived there. I don't hate the heat either, I just don't like it when it's humid. But I guess you don't mind how pale my skin is judging by how you were looking at me earlier."

Male dorms hallway

Sim didn't know how he felt about Johnny's plan to split up, especially splitting up Lucas and Grimace. Sim however had no other real plan in mind so it couldn't be helped. Since Johnny was going to recover Aliah and Lucas was going to wait for Grimace that left Sim and Vanish to search for other people in the dorm. Sim's original plan had been to come here and explore the dorms, sadly this twisted turn of events was not the original plan at all. Sim let out an audible sigh, the day had been going so well. "Johnny, I'll go ahead and look around. I'll meet back here if I can't find anything."

Sim was glad his sense of navigation has always been fairly good. The dorms would not be a very good place to get lost in the state they're in now. Sim marked the meeting room in his mental map and headed out in the direction opposite Johnny. Sim hated not understanding what was going on. It made him feel like an idiot who couldn't grasp what was going on. Hoping to find some answers and of course the other students stuck in this mess, Sim pressed on. Not an easy task with fear weighing him down.

James and Arthur

"Spiritomb? Aren't they those ghosts sealed into those weird stones? They say they consist of 108 different souls...They're pretty violent from what I've heard though....Did a Spiritomb kill Kody and turn him into...whatever the hell is causing this Chaos or something?"

Arthur turned to face the boy as he talked and attempted to recall anything he knew about Spiritombs or just ghosts in general. He thought he recalled something about one so decided to clear his throat so he could talk.

"I knew a kid who ended up getting... chosen... by an Odd Keystone once. He was just happened upon it and he picked it up, which ended up being on of the biggest mistakes he could have made. No matter what he did from then on, he couldn't be rid of it. It simply always came back to him. So eventually he simply gave up and ended up releasing the Spiritomb inside. From there, he kept running off on strange errands for it and eventually, there was an errand that he didn't come back from. Is it possible that something like that happened to Kody?" Arthur tried his best to once again conceal his fear, but this time he heard a slight audible crack as he spoke. It'd be one thing to die on your journey. It'd be another entirely to die at the hands of a ghost that was so dangerous that it had to seal away in a stone to prevent it from doing any more harm. Arthur held Monica tighter and at this point he wasn't entirely certain who was the comforter and who was being comforted.

Female Dorms

"I'm actually from Snowpoint City, Shinnoh, and if you couldn't tell by the name it's probably a little cold there. I don't mind the cold that much, though that's to be expected since I lived there. I don't hate the heat either, I just don't like it when it's humid. But I guess you don't mind how pale my skin is judging by how you were looking at me earlier."

Citrine couldn't help but grin. This guys knew how to talk back to her. Something about this kid seemed familiar, but she still couldn't put her finger on it. "It's not that, but you remind me of somebody. Something about seeing you with those glasses and being a fun killer. Oh...Henry, that's who you remind me of." She remembered how she met Henry who was pretty grouchy. This guy seemed a little bit nicer though. "So uh...I'm guessing you're a battle obsessed guy as well. I don't think that Sneasel is going into any beauty pageants anytime soon."

Rosie turned her focus back on Citrine. This girl...was always looking for trouble it seemed. It didn't seem like she was going to get into a fight so the little Skitty curled up into a ball to catch a few minutes before some other chaos arose.

Male dorms

When Grimace was told what his role would have been in that situation, he followed the instructions despite not really agreeing with the plan. He didn't want to split up and leave Lucas without a Pokemon, but Lucas himself told him that separation was necessary and convinced the Gastly.

While Grimace was trying to exit the building from any slit or cranny of the dorms, Lucas headed towards Johnny and another trainer, Aliah. "Grimace is leaving this building right now, so I am now without a Pokemon. Anyways, you'll have to head in this direction and try to find other people that are trapped in here."

"Are you alright?" he asked to the other trainer after a pause.

He had no idea about what caused that mess. It could have been either a group of Gastly, who wanted to prank some people, or a more powerful and violent Pokemon like Spiritomb.

Edited by Cyaloom

Female Dorms

"It's not that, but you remind me of somebody. Something about seeing you with those glasses and being a fun killer. Oh...Henry, that's who you remind me of. So uh...I'm guessing you're a battle obsessed guy as well. I don't think that Sneasel is going into any beauty pageants anytime soon."

'A guy named Henry huh? So is being like him bad or good?' Wolt thought to himself as the girl compared Wolt to Henry. "Well I wouldn't say obsessed, but yea I'm in the trainer program. As much as I want to see the ice rodent preform in front of everyone in a dress, especially after what he just pulled. But I've got a lot to live up to." Wolt noticed where this might be head after he said those last few words. He didn't really want to talk about family issues to someone he's meeting for the first time. Wolt tried to find a way to quickly find change the subject and he felt he should be asking some of the questions as well. "So where are you from? Seeing as how you like the heat so much I'm guessing some sort of deserty or warm place."

After his laughing fit was over, Inigo couldn't help but feel disappointed in the out come. Though if he made it any more worse he's probably never here the end of it. So he sat against the side of the female dorm and watched if the action would pick up again.

Female Dorms

Adeline was too absorbed in the interaction unfolding before her to acknowledge Drake's concern. She only sat there, crossed her legs, and gazed at the people in front of her. An interesting bunch, that's for sure. This ought to be fun. After a bit, Adeline looked back up towards Drake. "Hey, mind passing me one of the fruits from Ellie. What's a show without some food, am I right?" The last sentence came out a bit louder than she expected. Anyone around her would probably be able to hear it. But of course, Adeline was oblivious to the volume of her comment.

Female Dorms

"Of course, not a problem. You must be fine if that's the first thing that comes to mind." Drake said giggling. She quickly grabbed one of them and tossed it to Addy in a sort of lazy fashion. It'd be easy for anyone to catch such a thing. Well... unless they were a super klutz which Addy was proving to be at this rate. After all she'd fallen in at least 2 if not more in the span of about an hour. Either that or Drake had some sort of Klutz aura that just made people super clumsy for some reason. She pushed the silly thought from her mind. Whisper had in the meantime lain down on the floor and fallen asleep. Her soft snoring in the room. She must have been exhausted from the small amount of time she was out in the hall and during registration. Poor thing. Nerves did that to a person and apparently a Pokemon. She looked cute curled into a little ball on the floor.

"After all, Food makes a good impression doesn't it?" Drake said to Addy. It usually did, even Emberly liked to bring food along the first time she met somebody. It was a nice gift pretty much anybody would like therefore it was always a good ice-breaker. Since her parents were chefs and loved it so much even Drake had picked up a small amount of skills related to it. One might wonder why she ended up as a Trainer if that was the case... however that would be a story for another day. Either way, she saw a few people gathered off in the distance. Must be what Addy wanted the fruit for. She wasn't very intrigued in the process of getting there. After all she wouldn't fit out the window and otherwise would have to go around and out through the front door. Besides the crowd probably would've moved by the time she got out there. She also didn't want to leave Whisper on her own since if the pup woke up and found herself all alone she might get scared and that would end with a lot of scorch marks in their room. She'd rather that not happen.

Female Dorms

"Where am I from?" Citrine was surprised someone was interested in that place, but if the boy wanted to know, she wanted to hide. "Well, I pretty much grew up on the streets of Pyrite Town. I suppose the best way to describe it is something like a junkyard because there's junk all around the place. But yeah, the Orre Region is a big dessert so it's pretty hot especially in the summer." Citrine then looked over to the Sneasel who decided to sit this one out. "Can't really say I understand it as I never really got into the whole battle stuff. To each his own." The girl looked over to the Skitty. "By the way, that's Rosie over there. Technically, it's not really mine, but Henry gave it to me to keep me out of trouble."

Female Dorms

'There's his name again, but if Henry is willing to give someone his pokemon I guess he's a good guy.' Wolt thought to himself. It's not often you hear friends giving friends pokemon. "He gave you his pokemon, he must really trust you. I caught Inigo over there less then a year ago and we haven't exactly been seeing eye tot eye since then." He sighed, 'I guess now is good of a time as any to ask.' He felt like he maybe prying into her business too much but he was curious. "So how is this Henry guy? He seems like a somewhat nice guy so far."

Female Dorms

"Uhh...yeah...he kind of sticks out in the crowd." Citrine wasn't really sure how to respond to that. Putting nice and Henry in the same sentence was pretty much impossible. "It's those glasses and your super serious nature that reminded me of him. He's a gifted double battler so I figured someone like him would be into battling to, which I was right." Citrine wanted to shift the focus off of Henry. "So, uh, have you ever been in a Pokemon battle? Truthfully, I haven't, but I've seen quite a few. Apparently it's a lot of pressure or so I hear."

Johnny, upon reaching Aliah, tried communicating with the other Trainer, but to no effect. Slightly annoyed, Johnny rapidly tapped Aliah's cheeks with his palms.

"Wake up, Aliah!"

"You listen to metal at all? Especially power metal, yknow, like Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Hammerfall, that stuff." Ugh, PLEASE don't be one of those people who says "yeah I like everything" but only listens to the radio and turns their nose up at everything else. "What direction are we even headed in, by the way? Didn't pay much attention earlier; are the male dorms this direction or what?"

((Just pick yes or no, since I never really chose a direction to move in))

Female Dorms

Thinking of his past battles made Wolt cringe in his mind. No reaction was shown on his face that showed he was. "I've been in a couple, but I never felt that much pressure. Though maybe it's when you're battling in front of people, like in a tournament." Wolt wondered if there would be any tournaments held in this academy, then he noticed something. "So I'm guessing you're not in the trainer program right? I mean you don't like battles right so you must be either a breeder or a coordinator. I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say you're a coordinator."

Aliah vaguely noted a voice before a stinging sensation on his face. Keme had stopped hopping as the newcomer knelt beside his friend. He gave a questioning croak as Johnny attempted to wake Aliah. His fingers twitched as though stretching. Aliah didn't wake quietly. One moment he's still, the next he's sitting strait up, pupils wide and unseeing. Reflexes take hold and Aliah's fist shot out at Johnny, aiming for his stomach. A low sound, almost a growl, rumbles from his chest.

"Uh, not really. That kind of music just isn't my thing. I mean, everyone has their own opinion, but it's not for me." He let out a light chuckle to himself, hoping he answered right before looking around from Kage's second question. "Hmm, yeah I'm pretty sure it is. Though I guess we'll just have to get there to be sure, right?"

Johnny was caught off-guard by the sudden punch, and was quickly on the floor, doubled over and groaning in pain.

"Oww... Man, you can hit hard..."

Ignizelka, also surprised by the punch, quickly headed over to Johnny, and then placed one of her ears against Johnny's stomach, using the hot air venting from her ears to soothe the pain he was feeling. Johnny managed to smile at Ignizelka, his pain starting to ebb away.

"Thanks, Ignizelka..."

Johnny would be out of commission for a little bit longer, at least until he was no longer experiencing the pain he was currently experiencing.

Edited by K_H

Kage let out an audible sound of disgust. "Typical." Just like I thought. "Man, just say what the hell you like next time. I hate it when people say they like anything, and then they're like, 'but not that anything.' Drives me nuts." His pace picked up to match his irritation; assuming Robert was still following him, he'd need to speed up. However, the Breeder-to-be slowed his pace just before he reached the building - and just before meaning "immediately before crashing headfirst into the door" and slowed meaning "came to a very abrupt halt."

Male dorms

Fright really amplifies someone's reflexes. Aliah was staying there like if he was asleep, with Johnny trying to wake him up, and one instant later Aliah was standing up, and Johnny was groaning, laying on the floor after being punched by Aliah himself.

Lucas instinctively tried to call Aliah - the result was a short, but fairly loud and distinct scream. Only after that Lucas remembered that he was supposed to stay rather quiet, but it was too late. He was almost panicking, as he didn't know how Aliah could react and, of course, for everything else that was going on in that place, but he didn't get close to the other trainer and preferred staying near Johnny.

Now Johnny was unable to finish his plan of checking in the other rooms, something that now was being done by Sim alone.

In the meantime, Grimace was finally out of the dorm and was about to head to the Academy's main building, when he found one student almost in front of him. Trying to prevent him from entering the dorms and possibly getting himself into danger, the Gastly placed himself right in front of the door, hoping that the trainer would actually help him, and not join his trainer who was still stuck inside.

Edited by Cyaloom

Through the situation Robert was only able to Kage in confusion, only being able to get out 'w-wait' by the time Kage had already started running away. Though he tried to keep up for a bit with Kiai following swiftly behind, Robert eventually gave up, letting what happened sink in as he watched Kage running the rest of the way to the dorms. "Idiot, idiot..." His hand went over his face, shocked at how things so quickly turned sour in the conversation as he murmured to himself. "Great, first person I meet and I aggravated them already."