Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

With Johnny and Sim

"You are right, Johnny." replied Lucas quickly, before recalling Gastly, who seemed to agree with his trainer's decision.

"Well, let's go there" he added, looking at Sim, who still had not stated what his intentions were.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay sweet, I'm really excited to see what the dorms are like. Somewhere I'm going to be spending so much time had better be nice." Sim was excited to start moving. The dorms were a motivation for sure but Sim was hoping for a chance to put his things away more than anything. Sim also hoped that his roommate might also have already arrived at the dorms. He was worried the two might get along and Sim knew if that was the case a long year would follow.

The group starting walking in silence for a short time until Sim decided to try lighten the mood. "So where are you guys from? I'm from Castelia city in the Unova region." Sim asked, slightly destractyed. The school really was amazing. Sim could only imagine the amount of Pokemon might be hiding in the nearby forest. The city had only poison types and Pidoves, Pidoves also happened to be stupidly annoying and Sim had never been a fun of poison types even before he became slightly terrified of them.

Wolt & Claude

Wolt let out an annoyed sigh at his roommate's remark, "Whatever, so do you know where the boy's dorm is or are we going to have to ask someone?" He asked arms now crossed. The less time around the girl's dorm standing around doing nothing the better, don't want people spreading any unnecessary rumors about them.

• Support Squad

Claude & Wolt

"I'm bad with directions. I bet any one of the lovely ladies would help you out if you asked" Claude gave a surreptitious wink, as though sharing a secret with a close friend. Claude knew full well where the dorms were but he had a gut feeling that he'd be quite bored whilst waiting for the opening ceremony. He wasn't going to pass up the chance to get into trouble. Or get someone else into trouble. Either worked. Claude really doubted anything bad would happen... right?

Johnny smiled, and thought to himself.

a Unovan, huh? Interesting.

Then, he said where his hometown was.

"My hometown is Snowbelle City, over in the Kalos Region. What about you, Lucas?"

Arthur woke up from where he apparently dozed off to the sounds of chaos.

He heard some students around his talking in hushed voices, although he couldn't make out the words. They were certainly being louder than they had intended, however. Arthur decided that either they knew something he didn't, likely an "initiation" prank or something of the sort they would play on all the new students, or they saw something they shouldn't and were talking about it. Despite how he felt he should probably go investigate it, he figured that if it was important, he would find out soon enough. And if it was a prank, then he would use it as an opporunity for bonding with the other new guys.

Unfortunately, he did find out soon enough.

He had been leaning on the door to 025 when he dozed off and he hadn't moved so he went to shift his legs only to find himself falling backwards as the door gave way behind him despite no one making any motions to unlock it. Then, the door flung back into closed position, lurching him forward once more. This time he landed straight on his head as his arms attempted to break his fall, only to have him do a roll into the other side of the narrow hallway. For almost certainly not the first, and equally certainly not the last, time in his life, Arthur silently thanked his athletic childhood. He rose to his feet, still disoriented and off balanced. The lights were flickering furiously as a sinister laugh began to echo through the now cut off hallway. Only the way into the dorms remained clear of chaos, but, call it "intuition," but Arthur had a keen gut feeling that if he made a move towards them that they too would close. And so, low on light, options, and understanding, Arthur took off his backpack which he had forgotten to take off in his room. He placed it on the ground and knelt to open it...only to find the zipper jammed in an unnatural angle.

"Typical," he said to himself. "Absolutely typical. This is easily the most Arceus forsaken day of my life." He could hear the roar of machines echoing through the buidling and the laugh mixed in amonst the sounds of metal.

And to Arthur's tired mind, it almost sounded like they were hungry.

Helene, Maya

---

"Helene...you can just call me White if you wish."

Pan walked up behind the couch and waved - as per usual - to the new face. At least he wasn't trying to harass the Spinda that seemed to be uninterested in him at the moment. Although, Pancham himself understood the serenity and seduction that comes from a good nap.

Helene on the other hand began to shuffle in, finding the unclaimed room and neatly placing her things there. She returned to the living area and leaned against a wall out of the way, watching the exchange intently. She was certain Maya wouldn't do anything to hurt Pan, but she was always cautious with the reverse, in order that Pan be proper in the company of others

She did long to let Pan battle, because the poor panda never got the time to really release any energy at all. That was why she chose the "Trainer" program among lots of other reasons. Pancham is a fighting type Pokémon. A fighting type Pokémon that doesn't fight just seems so....domesticated. Aggression is a passionate display, and here at Ymora, the both of them would let loose.

Only when the time comes, as that's simply the proper way to do things.

For now, she smiled.

"So, you wouldn't happen to be from somewhere in Kalos...would you?"

Wolt & Claude

"And why do I have to ask?" Wolt asked his roommate who was having way to much fun with this. "You're more then capable of asking someone yourself." So far this first day has not been going well.

Inigo & The Loud Red-Head Girl Who Has a Chimchar That Does Many Backflips

Seeing an opportunity to have some fun himself Inigo decided to go get a girl himself, and he knew someone who was perfect for the job. He silently and quickly went over to the red-haired girl who was being loud to say the least. He tugged on her sleeve in order to get her attention and once he was able to he pointed at the two boys bickering. Inigo also gave a beckoning motion as to tell her that they wanted to see her for a moment.

Mie and Citrine (Room 035) - And also the backflipping girl who might be on something

Citrine turned around and was startled by the Vulpix waiting at the door. She quickly calmed down kneeling over the little girl. "Sorry little fellow, but you kind of remind me of a little guy back at home who's also a Vulpix. Kind of freaks me out a bit." She was ready to scratch the Vulpix behind the ears when she heard yelling down the hallway. The Skitty shot up from the bed. She hated loud noises like that and quickly ran towards the door. Somebody was going to pay for interrupting her beauty sleep.

Citrine wasn't so bothered by it and followed the cat. "And it looks like somebody had a little bit too much...er...nevermind about that." Seeing about how her roommate acted earlier, she decided it was best not to finish that sentence in case it gave her any ideas. "I gotta go put a stop to this before my little Skitty takes it out on someone. She's got a temper like her former trainer."

The girl and her Skitty stepped right outside the room. She took a deep breath speaking as loud, if not louder than this loud girl. "Hey! Who's making all that noise? Some Pokemon are trying to sleep around here!"

Maya & Helene (Rm. 002)... also, whoever is shouting about house parties in the hall needs to shut up

"yes, actually," Maya said as she glanced at the door. Someone seemed to be shouting something out in the hall- though, not like it wasn't anything she wouldn't expect on the first day. Some people were just naturally excitable. Or simply lacked self-control. Or both. Almost like a certain spinda she knew. Probably wasn't anything more than some girl getting a bit emotional with her good byes...or maybe outright giddy over the idea of finally being on her own.

Folie meanwhile only gave yet another muffled groan of frustration in response to the other panda. He had the feeling... that his time here was gonna be a looong one. Long and dull. He would've just given up and knocked himself out if it wasn't from some loud kid shouting something about...wait, wait... whaaaaat?!

"Spind?!" Instantly the normal type's head shot upright as he processed what he heard one more time. Maya and the girl might not have been able to make out the muffled words, but when you had ears like his kind did... Folie grinned. Maya glared. She knew that look...

"I grew up in Shalour City, in fact." She continued, smiling at Helene as she preemptively grabbed a fistful of beige neck fur for the second time that day. Folie gave a few indignant cries as he struggled fiercely, practically standing bolt upright on the couch as he attempted to fight his way for the door, only to be held vainly in place by the Iron Clad Clamp that was Mayanna's hand. Maya simply kept smiling. Like nothing was out of the ordinary. Nothing at all. "So, what about you? You from anywhere interesting?"

Kage shrugged slightly. "Eh, I'll find some way to get in trouble." He started towards the exit of the building, scooping up Lucas as he turned to do so. The Ralts clambered up to his normal perch and looked back at the land-bound Fighting type, and stuck his tongue out playfully. "Walk with me," Kage told Robert over his shoulder. "Standing around doing nothing is lame."

Mie and Citrine (Room 035) and the loud girl who may or may not want to set the Girl's Dorms on Fire

Mie was about halfway through unpacking when she heard the some sound from the background. It was relatively muffled but it sounded like a person shouting. She was curious but there was something else to do in front of her.

The Vulpix, in the meantime, returned to her trainer after Citrine and her Skitty passed it by. Kagari was somewhat disappointed that the Skitty did not want to continue playing around but it bother her too much as she started to head back to Mie. However, her plan to return to her trainer was abruptly terminated when she heard Citrine shouting while standing at the doorway. So, she ran up to the doorway and looked out to see what was going on.

Mie was also quite surprised at her roommate's shout and got up with her unpacking 70% done and went out the door to her room to see the dorm room's other residents all at the doorway. "U-Um, what's going on, Citrine?" She asked.

• Support Squad

Claude & Wolt

A hand went to his heart, clenched as though pained by the thought of approaching someone. Claude made a face as if he was about to feint. "Alas, I am but a humble coordinator! Such things are beyond my ken!" It took a lot of effort not to smile and break the facade.

With Sim and Johnny (male dorm)

"My hometown is Eterna City, Sinnoh region." Lucas declared, this way answering to the two trainers he was walking with. "Looks like we are all from different, far away regions." he added, walking alongside the others towards the male dorm.

The school looked like a lovely place, very well organized but also very big and with open places outdoor, a big forest that reminded Lucas of his beloved Eterna Forest, the woods near his hometown he used to explore as a kid, and where the Old Chateau was also located.

The people he met so far looked friendly and seemed to share many characteristics with him... of course, they were his peers; trainers that like him wanted to become better and decided to come to Ymora Academy from far away places, even though they lived in completely different places.

Edited by Cyaloom

Robert nodded at Kage, following right near with Kiai behind him. He pondered asking for the same treatment as Lucas but decided to avoid it, deciding to just keep walking on his own. "Sure, guess that makes enough sense. Besides, maybe we'll find something while we go around here."

Edited by TurboAura

Sim arrived at the dorm with Johnny and Lucas within good time. "I guess we'll split up for now once we good to our rooms, I'll see if my roommate has arrived before me." Sim declared turning towards the other two boys. Wondering what was in store Sim quickened his step on his way to the entrance, curiosity carrying him forwards. When the three got inside however something seemed off. The door behind Sim seemed to lock on its own and some strange noises could be heard from farther in. Whatever was going on here would be interesting at the very least. " Vanish stay alert, something isn't right here."

Arthur looked around as he head more, although somewhat distant, sounds join the cacophony around him. The lights were going abolsutely insane and it was hard to truly make out anything. He looked down at his fet where he made out the faint outline of Monica, who seemed just as concerned and freaked out as he was- or perhaps even more so, if that was even possible. He knelt down once more and stroked her head reassuringly, giving confidence he didn't have himself.

"Hey, girl. It'll be fine. I'm sure it's just a Misdrevus or something that someone lost control of. But if you want to help, you could give us an Ember or two to give us a little light, okay?" Arthur was sincerly hoping this would work, as otherwise, he would be left in the dark both literally and figuratively. Monica began to produce a small cone of fire emanating from her top horn which illuminated the surrounding area. Arthur thought he could hear voices somewhere, so he picked my Monica, put her on his back, and began to crawl down the hallway towards the voices to avoid falling over due to the flashing and disorienting lights.

"Here we go again...."

Male dorms

Simon, Lucas, Jonathan

“Dang it!” A boy with black hair cursed as soon as the door shut behind Lucas, Jonathan and Simon. “Now we can't get out of here. Come on, we need to find shelter, follow me and stay quiet!”

James, Arthur

A little further down the hall, another second year student heard James make a ruckus and silently made his way towards him. He approached the boy from behind and placed a hand on his mouth. “Shht!” he hissed. “Do you want to get taken or something?”

A small bundle of light fell on the second year's face and revealed he was wearing a hoodie. Most of his face was covered but he had a concerned look. A pluck of blond hair stuck out and almost reached his eyes. “Let's go, it might come here now,” he said and dragged James away without wasting any time. They walked a little further down the hall and reached Arthur's room.

“Great! Another idiot! You come as well, newbie, before we all disappear!” He pointed towards the door across them and went inside. “Stay quiet and hide behind the couch. I'm pretty sure this dumbass's yelling attracted Kody,” he pointed towards James.

Aliah

Suddenly everything went quiet. Too quiet. The previous sounds of students whispering, fumbling an yelling were all gone. Even the appliances seemed to make no noise even though they were still moving around. And a cold breeze started to blow around.

Female dorms

“It's me of course, silly! Who else?” the red head yelled back at the shouting girl. Right at that moment she felt something tug her sleeve and looked down.

“A Sneasle! Where did you come from?” she asked the dark-type. Her eyes followed his gestures and a wide grin formed on her face. “Louie, go grab those boys,” she ordered her Chimchar. The fiery monkey was all too happy about having something to do and rushed over to Claude and Wolt.

The boys were met with a loud greeting from the Chimchar saying its own name, before the little monkey grabbed them by the shirts and lead them to his trainer. The red head, still grinning, turned back to where she figured Citrine was. “I found some boys trying to peek at our maiden bodies! Oh, whatever should we do?” she yelled, adding a dramatic tone like she was a bad actress in a third rate movie. She even placed the back of her hand against her forehead, pretending she could faint any moment.

Aliah

The sudden oppressive silence, coupled with the physical cold that was encircling him caused Aliah to panic. His gaze swept the room but even the dancing appliances made no sound as he watched them. Turning to Keme who was clearly croaking, though he'd moved to the desk, Aliah heard nothing. Shivering badly, Aliah forgot his need for privacy in his need to get to get warm. Stripping off his clothes, which caused a few ice crystals to fall, Aliah ripped into his bag and pulled out a shirt and pants before dropping them like they burned. Everything in his bag was beyond cold, ice crystals starting to form, and completely unwearable.

Still in his undershirt and boxers Aliah ripped the bed warmer off and wrapped it around himself, before dragging it with him under the bed to hide.

Keme, who'd watched Aliah as he vanished under the bed, couldn't understand the stare he'd been given moments before. His croaking never bothered the boy before. But then Keme felt the cold. Though chaos reigned outside, shouts and slams abounding, Keme could only shiver. Hopping to the floor, Keme dragged the discarded clothes outside the door's line of sight, and hid them in the desk space made by moving the chair from it's resting place. The cold was getting to him. Keme hopped over to the bed, though his muscles burned with the effort. Pressing his body to the floor, Keme crawled forward slowly as not to spook Aliah further before joining the boy in silence. Keme pressed his tiny body as close as possible, trying to give his trainer some warmth.

Female dorms (Outside, and Mie)

Rosie heard the loud girl and wanted to charge right at her, but Citrine picked her up as she tried running in mid-air. It looked a little silly, but the Skitty shortly calmed down. She may not be able to do anything here, but on that battlefield, she would make this crazy head pay for ruining her moment of tranquility.

She then decided to answer Mie's question. "Well...it seems like we got a little tipsy head over there who doesn't know how to shut up...along with some players. Gotta admit, it takes some balls to go for first base on the first day. Kind of want to see who they are." She didn't even give time for Mie to react when she left the room and back into the hallway. The boys weren't too far away so she was able to get a good enough glimpse...to be disappointed.

It couldn't be helped so she simply turned towards where she remembered the other loud girl's voice was making sure she could hear it loud and clear. "Gee, I thought something interesting was going on here." She then got a second look at Claude. "Pretty sure the chubby one isn't into that kind of stuff either. Well...if that's what turns you on have at it. They're all yours." She had completely forgotten about Mie at this point and was headed out of the hall. There was no point in staying here now that all her stuff was put away and seeing as nothing was happening, there wasn't a need to stay.

Wolt, Inigo, Claude, Citrine & The Loud Red-Head Girl Who Has a Chimchar That Does Many Backflips

"Alas, I am but a humble coordinator! Such things are beyond my ken!"

"Well aren't you obnoxious." Wolt spoke before noticing a Chimchar trying to get there attention. "A Chimchar, wait didn't that loud girl have-" Is what he was able to say before grabbed and lead to said loud girl. He noticed Inigo snickering besides her and he gave him a death glare for making matters worse then they already are.

“I found some boys trying to peek at our maiden bodies! Oh, whatever should we do?”

"What, no! We just thought this was the Guy's Dorm but it wasn't. We were just about to leave before your Chimchar dragged us over here!" Wolt said a little panicked, his cheeks turning a little pink barely noticeable though. 'This day is going to get worse before it gets better, isn't it.'

"Pretty sure the chubby one isn't into that kind of stuff either. Well...if that's what turns you on have at it. They're all yours."

"No, it's nothing like that!" He said now panicked and face now pinker. 'Why me Arceus, why me?'

• Support Squad

Female dorms

He couldn't help it. fits of laughter burst from Claudes lips, unrestrained as the laughter of the child he was at heart. It started off a snort and a smirk, building into giggles before reaching a crescendo, gales of mirth escaping into the open air. Doux didn't really understand why his friend was laughing but he liked it when Claude was happy, so he took flight and circled him, chirping happily.

Male Dorms

Damn it all but I wish I could wrangle that damnable things neck

Oswald had been approached by one of the new students as he circled around the school grounds. He had been coming around to the Male dorms when the boy rushed up and began rattling on in an almost incoherent speed about a Ghost appearing at the dorm.

It sounded suspiciously like the pest that had taken up residence recently. Only one way to deal with this.

The grouch bellowed out his commands. "Get underneath a table! Anyone who doesn't do that is the one to blame when something cracks their skull open!" Oswald waited a few moments before nodding to Geodude. The pokemon dropped to the floor of the dorms entry way and took hold of the ground around it. Then, slowly, tremors began shaking the building, gradually getting stronger and stronger. Start levitating you little bastard, give me something to aim at.

• Veterans

James let out a muffled cry of surprise after the hand covered his mouth before being dragged into a room alongside another kid with a Larvesta in his hands. Suddenly the tremors started, the earth's shaking had the room quaking, things falling down here and there. "Are sudden Earthquakes common in this place?" James asked rather loudly trying to find a place to get under safely. This is going to be one looooonnnnggggg year isn't it......He remembered the guy that brought him here saying something about a Kody. "Who's this Kody you're talking about?"Might aswell find out whoever that was and how they were related to this.

Sim grabbed hold of Vanish and ducked under the table unsure of what the janitor had planned. Moments later the ground began to shake and Sim was glad he listened. Whatever plan hatched in the janitors mind seemed pretty counter productive, the quake seemed to be tossing things everywhere. While all the was going on Sim still had no idea what was going on and the lack of information was beyond frustrating. "Vanish I want to learn what's going on here but be ready to teleport in case this table turns out to be a bad earthquake shelter". Sim was ready for some answers. He began to wait to see what the janitor would do next.

Johnny got under one of the Tables nearby, Ignizelka following closely behind him, and then asked a question to the Janitor.

"Excuse me, sir, but what in the Worlds is going on?"