Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

Stratos

Yes! This is going to be so much fun!” Samantha yelled, pumping her fist in the air. “Let's have a slumber party, Roomie!” she grinned while her Chimchar imitated her fistpump. The little monkey was still fiddling around with Maya's Pokédex, trying to figure out how exactly it worked. His trainer apparently had completely forgotten about it since she rushed off towards the dorms.

Let's go, Louis! We're lucky we haven't unpacked yet. Hooray for being lazy!” The little monkey stared at his trainer. How was he supposed to run while carrying this thing around? He tried to clumsily find a way to run on two feet much to Redwood's entertainment.

Why don't you give that Pokédex back to the one it belongs to? It makes running far more easier,” he stated before staring at Samantha's back. He looked a bit worried for a moment before quickly changing his facial expression to neutral.

In the meantime the Chimchar offered Maya her Pokédex back. Now if she only took it back so he would have a much easier time climbing on her shoulder. Who wouldn't want a free ride when they were going to the same location.

Ragnar

Matt snorted at Toshiro's behavior and his Bulbasaur. Just another annoying know-it-all.,I should just ignore this guy. He looks weak and not worth my time.

The young RoG member just opened his door, still completely ignoring Toshiro, when he heard the boy call him 'number eleven'. His hand moved immediately from the door to his neighbour's shirt. “What the fuck did you call me?” Matt threatened. “Don't ever call me that again or you'll be sorry! And that guy is not my friend! Don't ever mention him in front of me again. Next time you won't be so lucky!”

Matt shoved Toshiro against the wall one more time before slamming his own door shut behind him. He had almost lost it twice on day one. And to make things worse, their neighbour had heard their previous conversation. If anyone else from the organization found out, he and Kay would be in serious trouble. The only reason Matt hadn't punched Toshiro was because they explicitly told them to keep a low profile.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is going to be a long, long year..." Maya thought irkedly. The paper smile she'd maintained for so long now faded into a scowl as she watched the red head go. "and god help me if it's longer than just this year and we end up having to keep the same dorms for our entire enrollment. Folie is gonna be the least of the madness I have to deal with here..."

Fuck it. She could leave now. No point staying any longer than she had to. Now if only she could catch up to the girl and flaming monkey and get back her-

Only when she started to follow behind in the hyper chick's wake did she notice the chimchar there offering the device, obviously struggling to stay upright on just two feet. She reached down a hand to accept the device, not quite sure may happen next, but weary of the little chimp's sudden offer nonetheless... "Um...thanks, I guess."

Arthur and Citrine

"The name's Citrine and glad to meet ya." The blonde haired girl looked over to her companion who seemed to still be annoyed with everything that could happen. The Skitty wasn't even in the mood to greet the nice little bug and turned her head. She had enough of this hell today and there was only so much she could take. And this was only the beginning. She would've thought of fleeing this abomination of a human if it weren't for the fact it was under her former master's orders.

The girl went over and picked up the Skitty. "You'll have to forgive her. She's a grouchy old cat who's still getting used to little old me. Guess she got that from Henry. I don't suppose that bug thingy picked up any of your traits, has it?" Rosie wasn't happy with the predicament of being contained in this girls arms, but it seemed to have calmed her down which made Rosie sigh out of relief. Any break with this girl should be enjoyed to the fullest. She could even tire out the most energetic of her species with ease.

Kage almost sighed in relief when Mie didn't acknowledge his near slip. "Dad's an astrophysicist and mom's a rocket engineer. They worked at the Space Center. I guess engineers aren't actually scientists, but they help get lots of research done, so whatever. So they do lots of work with the space program and researching stars and stuff. A lot of it just kinda goes over my head to be totally honest." The Ralts on his shoulder made a small sound, but one that was fairly distinctive and almost unmistakeable. "Hey, it's not that funny. Shut up." He bumped Lucas's perch upward a bit, causing his amusement to turn into slight startlement as he grasped the side of Kage's head for balance.

"I wonder what it's like to be doing research like that. I always found Astronomy to be quite an interesting subject though a lot of that stuff flies over my head as well." Mie gave a self-deprecating laugh before looking at the Ralts who was they seemed to be bickering. "Is your Ralts always that lively?"

Edited by Hiss13

Toshiro was left speechless and was stunned on how his neighbor reacted towards him. Midori on the other hand, wasn't too happy about what that punk did towards his master. The aggressive seed pokemon immediately jumps off Toshiro's backpack and was about to strike the kid's door with its vine whip.

"Midori that's enough!" just as the vines was about to hit the door, Toshiro yelled. Midori immediately halted and withdrawn its attack the moment he heard his master's voice.

"Come here you, you know i could get expelled if you do that Midori, Besides, Don't worry about what happen, I'm perfectly fine. It's just a little smudge on my shirt that's all, no need to make a fuzz about it" Toshiro smiled and carries his ever-protective Bulbasaur in his arms.

Altho, during that time when he grab my shirt. I got a close look at him and saw the look of a troubled young man, a troubled man who's hiding something. I pressumed it has something to do with his relationship to that blonde kid from earlier. Not saying im interested in their drama or anything. but after what just happened, you have my curiosity, number 11. Toshiro thought to himself, blankly staring at number 11's door.

"Come Midori, let's go unpack our things." Toshiro said as he walks away and went to his respective room.

Edited by Ragnar

"Nah, he's usually a pretty lazy bastard." The Ralts responded to this slight with the sort of exaggerated look of offense - complete with accompanying gasp - that a human might. "Not really, but he does like his sleep. I do too, not that I actually get it consistently. Which reminds me, I should probably run by the nurse at some point and let whoever it is know about my meds." He turned back around as to walk forward normally, but then slowed down. "Except I have no idea where the office is. Uh, could you help me get there?"

• Veterans

"I guess that might be right to some extent...nice Riolu you have there by the way. Where are you two from, Sinnoh?"James asked the brown haired boy. Sinnoh was his first guess as that's where Riolu's were most common though they were still quite rare there. "I'm from Lacunosa Town in Unova myself. Nice place though it's pretty cold, though Crescent here doesn't really feel it, with all that fur he has." James gestured to the large Absol beside him that looked as if it was falling asleep.

Stratos

Louis's speed was impressive, even for such a young Chimchar. Not even 2 seconds after Maya had accepted her Pokédex back or the monkey was already on her shoulder. A happy cry indicated he had found a comfortable ride back to the dorms and his trainer.

Maya had no other choice but to go back herself and take the little monkey with her. Fortunately for her, Louis didn't seem to be very active right now. It didn't even notice the familiar deep red eyes staring down from the Dorm roof.

The Beast snorted quietly. So they were both here just as he expected. But Samantha had changed so much... Was it because of that incident that happened not even a year ago? Pleased by seeing they both were doing okay, the Beast withdrew himself in the shadows before anyone could see him.

Everyone / Ragnar

The next morning all the first years were gathering behind the gym. The late comers had about ten minutes left before Redwood was going to hand out Pokémon. But right now he was talking to a man wearing a dark blue training outfit and white sneakers. His spiky brown hair was a bit messy and his voice was rather loud. From what the students could hear, his name was Tyron and he seemed to had a little bit of trouble with a few Pokémon. By his sweaty looks it appeared he received a full work-out before getting them all back in their Pokéballs and lining them up by type.

And that's what most students were looking at: multiple tables with dozens of Pokéballs, carrying labels with the Pokémon species and gender on it.

Toshiro found himself right in front of the dark types. Next to him stood that troublemaking blonde kid he had seen yesterday. Apparently he was his second neighbor from room 117. Right now the kid didn't seem to be very awake. He adjusted his glasses and scratched his chin. His hair was all messy and going by the multiple yawns so far, this guy wasn't a morning person.

Kay scratched his chin again while staring at the lazy Turtwig in front of him. He grabbed his Pokédex out of his pocket, put the sound off, and pretended to scan his partner. “Herman, the lazy Pokémon. Does nothing but eat and sleep and cause trouble for his trainer.”

A dumb grin formed on his face when the Turtwig opened an eye but decided to ignore Kay for now. Instead his gentle snoring was added to the sounds of exciting students that kept staring at Redwood and Tyron Silva every few seconds. It wasn't until the clock hit exactly 9 AM that Redwood walked over.

I already explained this yesterday during my welcoming speech. Each of you can pick one Pokémon. They are all lined up by typing and each Pokéball indicates the species and gender they contain. If the Pokémon you want is a dual type, go by the first type listed in the Pokédex. After you've chosen a second partner, find someone to battle with and head over to one of the battle fields behind you. Those cameras on each corner will register your entire battle so we, the staff, can rewatch them later.”

With that being said, the professor took a step back and waited for the madness to begin.

Johnny made a beeline for the Normal-Type Table. Once there, he grabbed a Pokeball at random. He then headed away from the Table, heading off to the side to make room for the next Trainer. He then let Ignizelka out of her Pokeball, and then spoke to her.

"Well, we've got our new Partner. Ignizelka, let's see what it is."

Johnny then looked at the Pokeball, seeing the Species and Gender of the Pokemon contained within it.

A Female Eevee, huh? Nice.

Johnny then tossed the pokeball upwards into the air, and once the Pokeball had bounced off of the ground, the Eevee inside of it came out. Ignizelka and the Eevee then greeted each other for the first time. Johnny then thought to himself.

What'll I name her...?

Johnny was then struck with an idea for a name, and spoke to the Eevee.

"OK, I believe that I've got a good name for you. How does Sylvia sound?"

At this, the Eevee perked up and smiled at Johnny, seemingly appreciative of the name, and Johnny smiled in return.

"Sylvia it is. Now, let's scan you into the Pokedex."

Johnny then took out his Pokedex and scanned Sylvia, entering her name when prompted.

New Team Member Registered!

The Team Member Entry popped up almost immediately afterwards.

Team Member 2:

• Name: Sylvia
  • Species: Eevee
  • Ability: Anticipation
  • Level: 5
  • Knows: Swift, Tackle, Quick Attack, Helping Hand, Baby-doll Eyes

Johnny then nodded in satisfaction, and spoke to his Partners.

"Well, I'd say we're ready to go into our Battle. Let's go over to the battle fields and wait for someone to challenge us."

Ignizelka and Sylvia both gave a small yip of agreement, and the trio then walked over to the battle fields.

Edited by K_H

Folie

Folie just stood there as the professor finished up the instructions. Still as a stone, eye's straight ahead and body at attention. If one didn't know any better, he might've just been little more than a artfully crafted statue standing at Maya's side. He wasn't going to take anymore chances though, not after last night...

He still found himself mildly surprised from yesterday; Maya... she had let him out even though she'd made it painfully clear he was gonna be locked up and not even that, she didn't even give him energy powder... he knew a second chance when it was given to him.

But she had been anything but happy, he knew that much. Apparently after his little fiasco, the first girl, the one with the pancham, had transferred to another room. Some red-headed chick had been moved in her place instead. Their new roomie... Maya didn't have nice things to mutter about her, but then again, she didn't really have anything nice to say about anyone, as agitated as she was. And yet somehow... she still managed to act nice and like nothing was wrong at all... it was a nice little facade to be honest. And a damn convincing one; hell's bells, if Folie hadn't heard her disdain first hand, he himself might've thought the act was genuine...

But yeah, either way, he had no intent of screwing up again. He knew he had gotten lucky, what with Maya getting distracted from her anger towards him. Who would've known that the girl who possessed the same voice as the one he'd heard shouting about parties in the hall would've ended up giving him a way outta jail?

Now all he had to do was stay off her radar...

"Come on, let's get this done with..."

He looked up to see the girl already heading towards one of the tables. Without a single noise, he followed, maintaining the same stiff, almost dignified posture all the while...

Maya

She took another breath as she walked, hoping to clear her head a bit. After yesterday, she needed to just vent to someone, and well... Folie had been the only option she had really. And that fact that she had to keep acting all amiable and such certainly hadn't helped her mood, but eh... there was no point in raising anymore trouble than she'd been through that day. It was better to just keep smiling than to start shit that didn't need to be started. And she really hadn't even given the other girl a chance, it had only been a single day afterall.

She'd gotten used to Folie, and if she could accomplish the feat of living with such insanity day in and day out, she was certain she'd get used to her roomie eventually too... hopefully.

She passed table after table as the two of them walked, always keeping the Panda just within in her periphery view encase he did something to make her regret letting him off the hook like she had. Her eyes lingered abit as they passed the Normal and Fairy Tables... as much as she wanted to stop and look, she already had a pretty strong idea what she would be choosing here, and she didn't intend to change that choice.

She didn't even bother to so much as glance at the selections available at the Electric table as she passed; steered far clear of it altogether in fact. She kinda didn't want to die, ya know? They say it's pretty bad for your health and all. Well, not that electric shocks were all that good for your health to begin with... Eventually though, she found the table she'd been looking for. Steel. Just as she figured, there it was... precisely the one she'd been looking for. Without a word, she picked up the capsule and held it beneath the dex, scanning in the details of the Female Mawile. Just the ability she'd been looking for to boot. The only thing left... was to actually meet the one within the capsule. She bounced it up in her palm once and caught it. Then twice. then on the third time, she tapped the trigger just right before it was sent up again, sending out the Steel type in the same type of radiant white burst that she'd grown accustomed to seeing from Folie's own capsule.

There she was. The deceiver pokemon stared up at Maya for a minute, though her attention was soon drawn to the Mad Panda as he waved and issued a short greeting... and for all Maya knew was probably trying to explain things to her too. The Mawile crossed her arms, gazing back up at the trainer with what could only be described as a poker face. Maya almost felt like the fairy was trying to analyze her... or testing her with silence... or something.

"What did you just say?" She demanded from Folie. Folie only shrugged, rubbing the back of his head earnestly. All he'd done was try to welcome her to the team. Maybe she was wondering whether or not Maya was good enough for her. Maya sighed, shaking her head. "Well anyway, she needs a name..." She looked the Mawile squarely in the eyes "How do you like Titania?"

The Mawile thought about it for a moment, then unfolded her arms and gave a smirking nod to Maya. Whatever she'd been intending with the quiet from before, it looked like the girl had passed... She definitely seemed to like the name well enough.

"Alright, Titania it is then" Maya said, entering the name onto the dex's screen. "So... how about we go find an opponent then?" Again, the mawile crossed her arms, giving another nodd. Folie's spiraled eyes darted back and forth between the two of them as the walked off towards the fields...

this... this wasn't real, right? She was gonna use the newbie? Really, just? Damn it... looks like he wouldn't get to turn that big cat from yesterday into pulp just yet... ah well... at least whenever they did fight, he was sure he'd still have the advantage. That black haired kid and his dark type had underestimated him, he could see it plain as day yesterday morning. It was a bad idea to underestimate him... he may have been crazy, may have been completely bonkers, but there was always a method to his madness, a plot hidden behind that veil of demented randomness... just like those fake warm up jabs he'd been doing.

But...eh, he guessed it really didn't matter though. He would get that fight eventually... he was going to face that absol someday, might not be today, or tomorrow, but someday, someday, he would drag that disaster seeker into the Rabbit Hole. Folie never forgot a challenge, regardless of whether he'd been on the issuing or receiving end of it. And that one he'd issued yesterday? It would be no different...

"Spinda spin-spin-spin..." He sung whimsically as he marched off after his own trainer and the newbie. All the while though, a smirk spread across his maw... someday

really? is this the kid number 11 hates so much? He doesn't look like that much asides from being a jerk to his Pokemon. just let that turtwig sleep in peace, man. It's probably your fault you mess up its sleeping schedule. Toshiro thought to himself and quietly examine the blonde kid right next to him.

"Looks like you didn't get enough sleep, rough night neighbor?" Toshiro patted his neighbor's back and greets him with a smile. "Either way, You should probably pick your second Pokemon before all of the good ones run out, you might get a stubborn Pikachu if you don't act now." Toshiro said with a friendly smile to the blonde kid. Altho Toshiro doesn't mean what he said, He just wanted to see how will this blonde kid reacts to his question.

Toshiro stands right next to Kay as he smiled and looks at the students rushing into the tables to get their second partner; like little kids rushing into the Christmas tree to open their presents on a Christmas morning. Toshiro patiently takes his time to observe from the distance, waiting for the blonde kid to reply.

• Veterans

James sighed in relief, at least the good professor didn't make another large speech even if there was no point in having him make one at the moment. Having been given the sign to go ahead, he started walking towards the tables whistling one of those tunes that came up in commercials so much, you couldn't get them out of your head, much to the annoyance of Crescent. The black haired boy stood next to the table that held pokemon of the ghost type, what was often considered to be the rarest of the 18 known types of Pokemon. The incident yesterday was still fresh in his mind and though usually that'd have put him off obtaining one for quite a while, he couldn't deny how useful they could be in one's team. Though I'll stay as far away as possible from any Spiritomb or whatever that thing from yesterday was...

He walked by the row for a few minutes, scouring through the limited options that were available to him from the type one by one. James considered the idea of just going with the Honedge line at first, the Ghost and Steel typing allowed it to deal with the Fighting, Bug and Fairy types that plagued the existence of the Dark type but...there were actually no faults against the sword inhabited by a fallen spirit, it's just that he might want to look around a bit more. Walking further down the row, he finally stopped at one particular pokeball.

Duskull. The requiem pokemon was what was put on the little sign next to the ball. "Hm, should I go for a floating skull with a weird cloak around it...or a sword with an eye, a difficult choice indeed, but I think I'll go with the Duskull." James got out his Pokedex and scanned the ghost type with it after he picked up the pokeball.

New Pokemon Obtained.

Species: Requiem

Name: Duskull

Level: 5

Ability: Levitate

Moves:

Haze

Disable

Night Shade

Ominous Wind

Feint Attack

Do you wish to add a nickname?

The pokeball shook for a moment before releasing what it contained, a floating skull with a cloak. That description would be an understatement however. A single red eye was seen beneath the skull 'mask' of sorts the specter had, that red eye was the only thing that was visible inside the ghost type. The rest was concealed by the 'mask' and the cloak leaving the eternal question of what actually was in there. The cloak itself was a plain black with two bone designs on it that went from one end to the other. All in all, it made for a very creepy pokemon, the image was not helped at all by it's pokedex entry.

The single ominous red eye moved around a little, taking in its surroundings before landing on James and seemingly gaining a mischievous feeling to it. The specter blinked before flashing blue and a brief shocking feeling went through James' body and he found himself unable to move even an inch. The ghost started moving forward and snatched the Pokedex right out of James' hands and it seemed to be checking the data listed on there before it closed the portable encyclopedia and put it back in James' hand and letting the boy go from the temporary stasis it put on him with it's Disable.

"What..what was that?"James muttered looking towards the ghost type which had floated down and had started circling around Crescent showing an interest in the Absol which had taken to lying on the floor trying to fall back to sleep. "That's creepy, even for a ghost type.."He'd dealt with his Grandfather's Sableye but never had he seen something like what had just happened to him, Disable usually only locked away one of your moves. It didn't completely paralyze you. Looking back into his Pokedex, he noticed that the box for gender merely had a question mark there. "Do ghosts even have genders?" The Duskull having finished 'inspecting' Cresent lke it did to him, started floating back to him, letting out a low cackle while doing so. Creepy didn't even begin to describe the thing.

"So....would you like a nickname?"He asked the floating skull. The Duskull just moved the two arm like ends of the cloak that covered it making it look like it was trying to shrug. "Alright...how about Shade?" James attempted the first ghost like name that came to mind but was only given a shake of the requiem pokemon's head, which was essentially it's entire body. "Well, I'm not the best with names but...maybe Gaster?" The Duskull started cackling again which unnerved him but it seemed to have a different tone to it than the previous more devious tone. "OK, Gaster it is then. I guess we should go find an opponent to fight, but I don't think Crescent would be up for one this early in the morning, so it's just you for now." James told the Duskull after he had finished inputting the nickname into the pokedex before walking over to the battle fields with Crescent slowly catching up, having been woken by the newly named Gaster.

Citrine really didn't care about what Pokemon she got...mostly because she probably wasn't the most knowledgable of the species. Sure, she got all the basics down, but there was like 700 or some of these things. When the crazy heads got their "awesome" or "amazing" Pokemon, the blonde decided she'd browse at what was left. There were still quite a lot of people trying to make decisions, but it seemed the fire type table. There still seemed to be quite the selection of options much to her surprise as she looked at a couple selections.

There was one specific ball that really drew her attention. She looked over to a ball under the V section and it was a Vulpix. It was female, as to be expected from that species, but she decided to pick it up and look at it for a little bit. She looked up for a minute and saw a swarm of fire right in front of her eyes. Rosie looked at the girl's out of character behavoir as she dropped the Poke Ball while slowly taking a step back one after another. She then noticed that the girl was about to hit the table. She tried crying out to her, but it was too late. She bumped the table and a few of the Poke Balls fell off of the table. One Pokemon also managed to free himself from the prison.

A small orange creature with lightning bolt arms looked around slightly dazed. He'd just been enjoying a nap...as usual, then a loud crash, and now he was back outside of that blasted container. Perhaps he had been picked by a trainer. He looked around but it didn't seem like anyone was going to claim him. In fact, the only person close was this blonde haired girl just staring at something. It was better than nothing so he decided it would be nice to greet this random stranger who freed him.

Citrine was still looking in fear when suddenly, she felt some weird feeling. She snapped out of this state noticing a little orange guy quite literally shocking her. "Whew, what a burst of energy. Something like that makes you feel going." Citrine turned to the little orange thing now floating in front of her. "Where'd you even come from? I hope you didn't lose your trainer already." The Rotom shook his head pointing to a dropped Poke Ball. "Ah, I must've accidentally set you free. Well...you seem alright in my book. What do you think, Rosie? Should we add this guy to team Citrine?"

The Skitty looked at the orange ghost and knew then and there this was asking for trouble. Just by the grin on both that thing and her trainer matched a little too perfectly. One troublemaker was enough, but two? She'd be lucky to survive a week around these two masters of disasters. She quickly shook her head in disapproval trying to get rid of this thing as soon as possible.

"Oh, don't be like that. You're always so grouchy. I'm sure someone like this would cheer you up right away. So I guess you can join little guy. What even are you?" Citrine pulled out her Pokedex when suddenly the Rotom dived right into it. She then looked at the screen and it said: I am a rotom, the most awesomest thing to hit this planet. I can make any piece of machine mine and do all sorts of stuff with it. Bet'cha that little cat you got there wouldn't even know a thing about this. I can even work computers so homework will be a breeze. "Well, you got me there. I suppose I should just call you Techie cause you remind me of my bro's love for Tech. I also tend to break stuff so...I might actually need you a lot.

The Rotom popped out of the Pokedex excited about being part of this trainer's team. She seemed so laid back too which meant he could have a little fun once in a while. He then looked at the Skitty who looked at him in disapproval. "Come on you two, we got a battle to get going." Citrine then headed out of the towards the field ready to find someone to battle. Before the two 'mons left. The little Rotom gave the Skitty a little shock on the butt causing her to chase after him until he phased through a wall causing her to slam right into it. Yep, this was going to be a very long year. Rosie shook her head and dashed to catch up to the troublesome girl she had to work for.

Well well... speak of the devil, and he doth appearith. Folie glanced over his shoulder at Maya and the newb. Looked like the two of them hadn't found anyone yet... good. Good, good good good. The little panda had the most wonderful idea in mind- why_not let Maya battle the Absol trainer? Give himself a sneak peak of sorts, get a feel for how the kid fights and how he and the big cat might react when the day finally comes?

Why_not indeed.

"Spiiiiiiin!" He called out to the girl and the steel type, jabbing a finger off at the boy and dark type in the distance.

"You found someone?" Maya asked, walking to his side. Folie nodded an affirmative, treking over towards the specified trio, not bothering to check if the girl followed.

"Spinda spiiiiiiin!" He called out, loud enough that even if James or Gaster couldn't hear it, Crescent most likely certainly could.

Wolt didn't do much talking after the assembly. Why make friends with people who you're just gonna leave in a year? Instead he headed straight to his dorm room, focusing more on getting unpacked and getting used to his new living quarters. He couldn't wait till tomorrow for the new pokemon.

~~~~~

Once Redwood's quick saying was over he browsed the pokemon carts but nothing was catching his eye. Sure he could've gone for a strong pokemon or a cool pokemon but honestly this was less exciting then he thought. Getting a new pokemon was supposed to be fun, but it didn't sit right with him. All they had to do was get up and pick up a ball, that's it. No convincing, no battling, just lifting your arm out to grab a spherical object in front of you. I guess the only thing you could consider a challenge was finding the pokemon you wanted before it was taken by someone else. After a while he gave up caring on which pokemon he was going to choose, he grabbed the nearest ball to him and released the pokemon inside.

The capsule opened revealing a small, milk chocolate brown, quadruped with a bushy tail and pointy ears. The tip of the tail hand a more cream-colored hue as well as a big fluff of hair the same color around it's neck. It's left ear twitched as she starred curiously at the boy who released her. "An Eevee huh, I thought pokemon like you would've been picked clean in the first five seconds." Inigo, stared harshly at the small brown pokemon. He never enjoyed meeting new pokemon and this Eevee was no exception. The brown animal quivered as she felt the harsh eyes pierce her. "Inigo, stop harassing our new team member. I know you don't like interacting with others but you could at least try to be nice." Inigo just looked away from both of them, ignoring his trainer. Wolt let out an annoyed sigh before turning back to the Eevee. "I'm sorry about Inigo, he doesn't like new people so much." She turned her head curious as to why the boy called his pokemon by a different name than Sneasel. "Oh right, my dad said I should give my pokemon nicknames. Though I really don't care for them that much. If you want one I could give you one." The Eevee gave an affirming cheer, she didn't wanna be left out and not have a nickname.

Wolt didn't really know what nickname to give, he wasn't too good at naming things. So he just went with the first thing that came to mind. "Ummm, how about.... Athena?" Her eyes glistened after hearing her new nickname. She started jumping around for joy cheering all the while. "Hey it's just a nickname you don't need to get over excited about it." Just as Wolt finished Athena jumped onto his shoulder and gave a joyful grin. "You want to sit there? Ok, just don't move too much. Wait, I haven't even checked your moves yet." He pulled out his pokedex and scanned the Eevee on his shoulder.

Pokemon: Eevee Female lvl.5

Ability: Anticipation

Attacks: Tackle, Swift, Bite, Quick Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Tickle

"Hmmm, I could work with this.... I think. Come on guys lets go find someone to battle." With that the group headed out to find a battle partner.

Robert sported a big grin on his face when the time finally arrived, looking down at Kiai who was trying his best, but easily failing, to hold it in. Not only was their new partner just about to be decided, but the first battle here as well. Just the mere excitement had the Riolu jabbing at the air in anticipation. The sight of his partner being so excited brought a chuckle out, the trainer's mouth forming an even wider grin. "Heh, good to see you're excited Kiai. Though I'm... Not sure you're the one who needs to fight in this battle." While Robert let out a friendly chuckle as the end, the Riolu's eyes opened wide and with one final jab Kiai fell onto the ground, looking at his trainer in disbelief.

"Oh come on Kiai, it's not like it's up to me. Trust me, we'll get you a good battle eventually, okay?" Though a bit annoyed, the fighting type gave a nod back as he sighed his name. Not like arguing it would actually work in this situation, sadly. "Good to see. Now, how about we grab our partner?" Robert patted the Riolu's head as he said that, with Kiai returning the grin and getting up to take lead for the search.

Seeing the pokeballs set up by type and name, it took him a while to finally decide on first checking out the Psychic type table. Maybe it would have been easier to choose a new partner if they were out in the open, but... It was a school after all, there was a reason to be this organized. Looking over the Psychic-type pokeballs, one in particular caught his eye. Taking a further look he saw the name under it as 'Espurr.' Without a work he took the pokeball in his hands, seeing as it was the first one to take his attention. "Okay then, Espurr. Come on out!"

With the usual white light the purple cat-like Pokemon appeared infront of him, eyes wide and mouth showing a neutral expression, with said Pokemon giving a questioning 'Esp?' in return. "Hello Espurr, my name's Robert. Would you like to be friends?" With a friendly smile Robert awaited the Espurr's answer, giving it a questioning look with it's wide eyes before blinking and giving a small nod to agree. "Really? Yes! Good to hear."

After the agreement, Kiai had moved over to Robert and the new member, looking it over. "Okay Kiai, Espurr's gonna be out new team member from now on, okay?" The Riolu quickly looked over at his trainer and nodded, looking back at the purple cat. It seemed... Interesting. Hopefully it would be able to pull it's weight. "Hmm... oh yeah. I should check Espurr with my Pokedex huh?" As soon as he could Robert pulled out his Pokedex, scanning the purple cat with it and looking over the screen happily.

[______ (Espurr-Female) Lv. 5

Ability: Own Tempo

Attacks

-Scratch

-Covet

-Confusion

-

-Leer

-Yawn]

"Hmm, that Empty space... Oh, that's for a nickname, right?" Without needing an answer he pondered for a second, looking back down once he came up with an idea. "How about... Izzy? Do you like that Espurr?" Turning away from Kiai, Espurr gave a very slight grin before nodding back at Robert. "I'll take that as yes." He smiled and bent down, picking up the Psychic type gently while Kiai jumped on his shoulders. "Okay, now let's find you a battle."

Edited by TurboAura

Johnny noticed someone walking nearby, and recognized them as Robert, the boy he'd crashed into the day before. Johnny decided that he and Sylvia could get to know each other better by working together in a Battle, and he walked over to Robert. Johnny then spoke.

"Hi, Robert. I was thinking that maybe we should get to know our New Partners better. How about we both take the opportunity and have a friendly Battle against each other? We can do so over on that Field."

As he spoke, he pointed to the nearest Battle Field.

Edited by K_H

• Veterans

Great, just when he was going to take a nap that Spinda from yesterday decided to appear out of thin air. Growling to himself, Crescent called towards James, trying to get his attention before the Spinda got any closer. It was far too early in the morning for him to deal with the seemingly crazy panda just yet.

"What's up Crescent?"James turned around to look at the Absol, he didn't expect the large feline to be doing much of anything, especially with how grumpy he was in the mornings. The Absol turned towards the approaching Spinda and gestured at it with his horn. Was that the same Spinda from yesterday? Gaster floated forwards until it was right in front of the Spinda and looked downwards with it's single, eerie eye like it did to him and Crescent. If the Spinda was here, then his trainer shouldn't be too far away from him. Or the Spinda could've just wandered off again like last time...

Folie

Well, someone seemed a bit...grumpy compared to last they'd met. Folie simply dismissed the cat's wayward growl as he looked up at the specter. It wasn't like he was here to fight the dark type just yet anyway... he had to admit though, this ghost right here... well, if it were him doing any of the actual battling today, it would be an interesting match up, to be sure...

Again though, he wasn't here to fight. His ears perked up as Maya's foot steps came closer and closer. The tiny panda assumed a more attentive pose as the girl approached, gesturing at Gaster and the other two as if presenting them... the girl met his little act with naught more than a skeptical gaze though.

"Isn't that the same Absol and trainer you almost started a fight with yesterday?"

Folie answered with silence. Maya let her attention linger on the tiny madman just a bit longer, then looked over to james. "Well, whatever... I don't see you with an opponent, and I don't have one either, so... you up for a battle? 1 to 1 singles, of course."

Folie slung back as the humans began negotiating the challenge, joining the Mawile behind Maya. Yes, yes, that's right... all that was left was for the boy to accept the offer. All according to plan.

The steel type only glanced at him meanwhile, arms still crossed...

Ragnar

"Looks like you didn't get enough sleep, rough night neighbor?" Kay looked over to see a familiar face started to talk to him. He hadn't met Toshiro yet but received data on the trainers living close to him before the mission started. There wasn't anything spectacular in there. Only a name, Pokémon partner and room number. "Either way, You should probably pick your second Pokemon before all of the good ones run out, you might get a stubborn Pikachu if you don't act now."

Kay snickered. “Not really, I'm just not a morning person. But I did play around a bit too long with my Pokédex...” While his face still showed a polite smile, Kay was secretely measuring Toshiro. Noisy neighbours were always a potential threat to the mission. “So your living in the room next to me? I'm Kay, nice to meet you. I'm in the Breeder Program so I don't care much about the 'good' Pokémon. Although I have to admit I'm not a big Pikachu fan. What about you? Are you going for a Pikachu or something else?”

While his trainer was engaged in conversation, Herman the Turtwig rolled over on his side and showed his belly to Kay and Toshiro. He was still snoring lightly and the leaf on his head swayed around a little.

• Veterans

"Sure, I guess. 1 to 1 is just what I wanted to go for anyways." James turned over to Gaster which had floated back next to him while he was talking to Maya. He hadn't gotten too much insight on the enigmatic specter's attitude just yet, hopefully that would change soon, maybe even today. James started walking towards the closest battling field that wasn't occupied by another pair of students battling and once he arrived there took his place on the left end of the field, waiting for Maya to do the same.

Crescent followed after his trainer slowly and started to take a nap near off to the side from the battle field, staying a safe distance away just in case an attack misfired in his direction. Though considering that the levels of the Pokemon in here weren't that high, it probably wouldn't happen.

"are you ready?" The girl asked Titania as she made her way to her own place across the field from James. Again the fairy answered with only a simple nod, nothing more, nothing less. Maya couldn't help but note the lack of any verbal response thus far... maybe the fairy was just quiet. Or maybe she was still evaluating her...

Either way, it didn't matter right now. In battle, chatter was cheap; it was actions that did the talking. And it was time to see how loud the Deceiver Pokemon was capable of speaking.

Maya turned her attention back to her opponent, her face a mask of boredom as she stood there while the newb took an offensive stance of her own accord; back to James and Gaster and black maw agape, fangs bared, pearly white, as crimson eyes glanced behind with a near ominous stare of focus. Beneath the apathy though, she was watching, waiting. Already, her mind raced with a good half dozen tactics she could try with the Mawile's current moveset... hopefully the Fae would be able to keep up.

"Ready when you are, I guess. Go ahead, first move is yours..."

((Battle: Start. Azery, you have first blood move, so I'll let you make the opening post for our fight in the Battle Thread))

He turned as soon as he heard Kenny, grinning back at the friendly offer. "That sounds like a plan. You want to Izzy?" Kiai rolls his eyes at the mere fact that Robert asked such a question, but with an 'Esp!' and a nod, Izzy had gladly agreed to the battle as well. "Welp, guess it's agreed. Let's go ahead and have a good battle Kenny." With a smile on his face Robert walked towards the field Kenny pointed out, happy to get this vital step going.

The rows and rows of Pokemon were overwhelming. Mie could not help but stand and gape in awe as she scanned the plethora of tables. In the end, the girl really had not thought about what Pokemon she wanted as a second Pokemon.

She decided to walk down as she scanned the various types. But even this failed to help her as she found herself even more indecisive about what Pokemon to pick than before. "U-umm…Kagari! You pick!" She said to the Vulpix at her heels.

In that moment, all of the confusion was deflected off unto the small fox and much like she tended to do, she tilted her head. "G-Go with your instinct! Pick a type and Pokemon!"

The small fox shook her head in pity and rubbed against her trainer's leg before deciding to just go along with it. In the end, it was probably best for her to find a team member she would be compatible with. So, she scampered off, picking a table out at almost random: the Ice-type tables. But at this point, the Vulpix was lost as to what to do.

As Mie followed the Vulpix that was now walking slowly down the length of the table, she accidentally bumped into the table causing one of the Pokeballs to fall off and start rolling away. "Ah! Kagari!"

Kagari, realizing immediately realizing her trainer's klutzy screw-up ran to the Pokeball and rolled it back to Mie's feet with her nose. As Mie picked up the ball, Kagari immediately made a cry. "You want this one Kagari?"

The Vulpix immediately nodded. "Hmm…I wonder what it is." As she looked at the space where the card Pokeball had sat, she saw the label that denoted it to be a female Snorunt.

"Well, let's let it out. Come on out, Snorunt." She said as she opened the Pokeball, letting the Snorunt out next to Kagari. Once it was out, it started to shiver. "Eh? Are you alright?" Mie asked as she bent her knees down and reached a hand out to the little one. "Is it normal for ice types to shiver? Is that a bad thing?"

With that, the Vulpix who realized her trainer's panic went up to the Snorunt and started trying to talk with it. After the numerous cries of a Vulpix and Snorunt flew back and forth, Kagari and the Snorunt looked back to Mie and each put a paw (or tiny hand) onto her outstretched one.

"Mmm. I guess that settles it. It's nice to meet you…umm…how about Yukiko?" She asked to the Snow Hat Pokemon who immediately gave a nod and a giant smile. "Alright. Yukiko it is, then." She said, before taking out her Pokedex and registering the new Pokemon in it.

"Well, I think we're supposed to go look for an opponent now." She said to the Snorunt. In contrast to the trainer who seemed more exasperated than enthusiastic, the Snorunt was a huge bubble of energy. "Well, at least one of us is excited." She said, giving a tired smile before she led her two Pokemon to the battlefields, wondering who would challenge her.