Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

Mie swiped the Trainer Card and sure enough, the display read exactly as the man had said it would. After taking a quick glance at the display and the 100 BP noted in the corner, she closed the Pokedex so she could focus on the speech.

A sense of dread came over her when she realized an implied consequence of the system: the possibility of the BP counter reaching zero. That meant that basic necessities would be completely cut off. Of course, there was likely no way the school would allow anyone to starve to death. Still, it would probably not be a bad idea to check. After all, Mie felt like she would be the first person that would happen to.

She raised her hand with an obvious shaking due to nerves and forced out the question she had been wanting to ask. "U-um, what would happen if s-somebody's BP hit 0 at any point?"

Though as soon as she finished her question, she heard another person loudly proclaiming that he wanted to move on with the assembly. Hopefully, her question was heard. Otherwise, she knew she likely would not be able to muster the courage to try to ask again.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolt placed in his trainer card and like expected everything showed up. The thing he was most worried about was if he his BP was still there. He didn't like the Battle Point system, what was wrong with just the simple dollar or coin? Teaching them responsibility, people who are irresponsible with their money should know who they are and try to fix it themselves.

"I have a question sir, what's the next part of the speech?"

Wolt couldn't help but snicker after Claude said that in front of the entire school, or most of it. He had to admit the kid has some guts to be doing that. He was glad at least someone said something or he'd have to do it himself. Besides, the less work for him the better.

Redwood stared at Claude and started to snicker for a minute or two. “Good grief, just when I thought I was dealing with an extremely timid year.” The Professor playfully waved his index finger in a no-gesture. “You know, Mister Impatient, when people are thrown into the unknown and faced with talking in front of a big crowd, it always takes time for some of them to find the courage to speak up. I'm pretty positive there are many more students out here with questions about the BP-system, but for now I'll deal with the two that I actually heard before coming back to yours.”

The Professor took a deep breath and quickly glanced towards his left. Devin Cadmus was standing there with a frown on his face. It was quite obvious he was not amused by Claude's recent action and certainly didn't laugh it away like Redwood just did. “To answer the first question,” Redwood continued, “Just go to the battle screen and you'll see the option to link with your opponent. You can also fill in the battle requirements like doubles or two Pokémon each and scan the participating Pokémon. That's all there is to it.” Redwood nodded briefly towards Lucas to indicate the end of his answer and turned his attention towards Mie.

What happens when a student reaches 0 BP? That's a very good question. If a students manages to drop all the way, we will investigate how that happened. A penalty will be given accordingly, but I will not be able to give you a straight answer to avoid abuse and students dropping to 0 without a second thought. But you shouldn't worry. There are enough ways to earn extra points. I believe the students that struggle the most with this system usually end up between 10 and 20 BP at the end of the year. I hope this answer at least helped you somewhat. And since there are no more questions, I guess I move forward.”

Redwood walked over to where Devin was standing and received a headset and remote controller. He pushed the button and a giant white screen came down while a projector in the back started spinning. The lights went a bit darker and for a moment the Contest Hall seemed to turn into a Movie Theatre. The white screen showed a picture that was taken from the air. A secluded terrain with multiple buildings and grasslands, rocks and a large lake could be seen. “This is Ymora's best Dragon Breeding Facility,” Redwood said as he turned his gaze to Claude. “Is this more to your liking, Mister Impatient?”

Kenny and Ignizelka both quietly let out a chuckle when Redwood made the cutting remark towards the impatient student concerning the student's preferences, and then waited quietly for Redwood to continue.

While Redwood was giving his speech, most people seemed deeply interested in his presentation, but one small faction of the contest hall wasn't able to hear it. In the center of the mess, rested a blonde girl with her feet propped up on the seat in front and was enjoying a nice little nap. The words of the professor were quite...soothing and enough to knock the hyperactive girl out for the taking. While she wasn't fully asleep, all she could really here was vague sounds from the speaker. Her snoring wasn't loud, but it was loud enough to bother anyone close by.

Rosie, noticed this early on, but did nothing of the sort to stop it. Any quiet time with this girl was good enough. It also made for the perfect napping spot as she curled up right on her trainer's stomach. That nap didn't last long as the lights began to dim. The poor Pokemon took a plunge to the ground as the girl suddenly shot up. Citrine looked a bit confused at the sudden change of lighting and the screen on display.

"Since when did we start playing a movie? I didn't think I was out that long." She wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. "Eh, it looks like one of those discovery channel things, but I guess it's better than nothing."

Toshiro quietly sat there in front and listens to every bit of information he can get from Redwood's answers. His head turns back and forth as the students ask away their questions about the BP system. Toshiro just simply took down important notes thoroughly out the discussion as the headmaster directed to their next topic which is some sort of a film showing. Toshiro's interest suddenly peaks as soon as he heard the words: 'breeding facility'. He saw the landscape and was quite interested and wonder what's like working there.

Hmm.. a dragon breeding facility eh? An experience in that place would be a great jumpstart for my career as a breeder. perhaps they have some sort of internship program there for students. This was the first thing that comes to Toshiro's mind as he smile of the thought.

'go to the dragon breeding facility to inquire' Toshiro writes down a memo on his notepad and highlighted it. Toshiro quickly shut his notebook and listens for further details and waited patiently. Altho he can ask it now, It's unlikely that he'll do that without permission and interrupt the professor in the middle of his speech. Toshiro was one of Koga's students after all, and being well-mannered was one of his master's teachings.

• Support Squad

"I've always had more of a taste for Fairies" Claude called back, grateful his voice did not crack. He had not expected Redwood to venture back with some banter! Doux chirped supportively before Claude continued. "But Dragons are cool too."

"I've always had more of a taste for Fairies. But Dragons are cool too."

Snickering. Snickering was all Maya heard around her after the boy's retort to the professor; people sat with their hands over the mouths, trying hard not to draw attention, only for it all to be in vain as the subtle quakes of their bodies gave it all away. She simply sighed and shook her head as the quiet banter showed no sign settling down, resting her cheek on one knuckle and tapping the seat's arm rest with the fingers of the other. Well, that's the Class Smart Ass confirmed then, I guess...

Hell though, she had to admit that she herself might have found that last response a bit funny too... or at least, she would've if this joker here wasn't holding up the entire damn presentation and wasting more and more of their time with this stick.

• Veterans

James got out his trainer card after fumbling through one of the pockets in his jackets for a bit as well as the brand new Pokedex. Swiping the card into it's required slot, the Pokedex came to life and the information the Trainer Card had inserted into it was shown. Name, region and area of origin and gender, pretty much everything that came on the trainer card was on there, with the many perks of the Pokedex itself of course. James turned off the Pokedex before putting it back into his pocket along with the Trainer Card and looking towards the White Screen. "Eh, not too interested in Dragon types really, kinda over hyped even if they're really strong...." He sighed before shaking his head and turning his thoughts back to the second pokemon thing the person who made the announcement mentioned.

"I've always had more of a taste for Fairies. But Dragons are cool too." Fairies, of course they seemed to be all the rage recently, didn't they? Them being the most effective counters to what was commonly considered the strongest type made them very welcome on any team trying to conquer the league. Seems like this guy was a big fan of them. He personally didn't have a real preference, though the fact that both his Grandfather and brother started out with Dark types might indicate otherwise. Now if only the good Professor could continue his speech without bantering with a student.....

Redwood snickered once again at Claude's fairy remark. He secretly enjoyed the funny troublemakers. Unlike Devin. The E4 member's frown only added to his intimidation as he decided to keep an extra eye on Claude.

I see. Fairy types sure are popular these days, but in general they have a very positive image. Unlike Dragons, some Dark types and a few other species. Some of you may have heard that my research indicates that young and inexperienced trainers should not train powerful Pokémon that have the tendency to go on a rampage such as Hydreigon or Salamence. While it is true that such Pokémon are known to go berserk if their trainer can't handle their power, my research also proved the oppossite. If we pair young trainers up with young dragons and learn them how to handle them in a responsible way, 98% of the accidents can be avoided. And that my dear troublemaking students is why we're going to this facility.”

The Professor turned his back for to the audience for a moment and used the remote control to start his slideshow. This time it showed a picture of two black men that were obviously related. “These gentleman are Roman and Alastair Connor. Roman, the oldest gentleman on the right, is the head of the Dragon Repopulation Program as well as one of the most influencial people in charge of the Ymora League. He's an excellent breeder and in his day was feared as one of the strongest people. He once refused to join the Elite Four and instead dedicated his time to the breeding and saving of Dragon Pokémon.” The man Redwood just described had a stern, clean shaven black face with friendly grey eyes. The picture only showed from his shoulders up but that was enough to see the man still was atheletic.

The younger gentleman on the left is his oldest son Alastair. He is the one who is currently running the facility while building an entire network information to stop Pokémon Hunters. He's also Devin Cadmus's best friend and the back-up Dragon type Gym Leader in case that spot opens. Even though the chance is pretty high he might make it straight to the Elite Four but just like his father he would probably refuse the spot.” Alastair looked just like a younger version of his father. The only differences were the warm green eyes and the scar that ran above his right eye and disappeared into his short black hair.

Redwood pushed the button again. This time it showed a Goodra and a Hydreigon. “Very simple picture that doesn't need much explaining. Goodra is a very kind Pokémon while Hydreigon tend to be more... defensive. Due to their blindness and constant alert, they are very defensive and quick to react. I don't know why but this Pokémon in particular is feared by a lot of people. This time I speak directly to the parents amongst the audience. Yes, your sons and daughters will meet a full grown Hydreigon on this trip and can even obtain a Deino if we consider them ready. We do this so we can guide our young trainer for three full years and can see them built their bonds. That way a Hydreigon is less likely to go berserk. Same goes for all the other dragons and aggressive species like Hippowdon and Drapion. I'll get back to this in a few minutes. What I really wanted to show you was this. Right now you see a normal Goodra and a normal Hydreigon. What if I told you this next picture are the same two Pokémon?”

Without a word Redwood went to the fourth slide. This time the Goodra and Hydreigon were portrayed from behind. Immediately some people grasped for breath or made other noises as they saw the scarred backs of both Pokémon. “This was done to them by their respective trainers. The Hydreigon trainer was incredibly disappointed with the performance of his Pokémon in battle. The Goodra trainer found the friendly personality it once had to be annoying and not useful. This was the end result.”

A fifth picture showed with a landscape that was completely annihilated. Rocks and rubble were lying everywhere and both Pokémon seemed to be fiercly injured. Whoever made the picture had masked the faces of both trainers. One of them was crawling away while the other one lay in the midst of the rubble. “One of them ended up in a wheelchair. The other one laid in coma for three months and has never been the same again. They were lucky. They were also the reason this Academy was neccessary. And they are what you will never become. As you can see a friendly Goodra can turn the landscape in nothing more than rubble and dust and even injure a person. A Hydreigon can do the same. But you know what they also can? This.”

A sixth picture showed with multiple dragon types playing with their trainers on the Academy Grounds. “Ever since we've been using this system, none of our graduated trainers had any problems with Dragons, Drapions, Hippowdons, whatever 'aggressive' species you can find. We have reached incredible results and this is how we did it; tomorrow you will all receive your second Pokémon. You can pick any Pokémon aside from Dragon types, future Dragon types like Horsea and Trapinch, and Pseudo Legendary Pokémon. That means we don't have any Beldum or Larvitar available because we know people will fight over them like in the past. Everyone wants a powerhouse, but very few can control them.”

Redwood walked back to the front of the stage. “From the very moment all of you set foot into this Academy the evalution began. This next month you will face test after test and you will be screened and evaluated every possible way. We will look at how you treat your partner you brought as well as the one you will receive tomorrow. We will test your knowledge, your strengths, your weaknesses, your habits. IF we decide you are ready, you can receive your own Dragon Pokémon from the facility. We will also make sure to make Beldum and Larvitar available for those that are more interested in one of those two. For the students that aren't interested in any of these Pokémon but have a special request, let us know and we'll see what we can do. If you want a Fairy Type for example, which are uncommon in our forest, just let us know and we'll make sure you receive one to your request. For those of you we don't deem quite ready yet, this option will always be available. Come talk to me or Devin personally and we will tell you why we don't think you are ready and what you need to do in order to improve. We will guide you and make sure you can receive your beloved Pokémon that way.”

So before I shall take my leave and wish you all an incredible first day; are there any questions?”

Citrine actually paid attention for once in her life which surprised her Skitty companion. Rosie, on the other hand, cared little for this speech. Obviously, trainers who are too weak hearted or evil would end up like this. It wasn't like this was any news or anything to her and it was half the reason she was even here...with this slightly irritating girl in the first place. She was about to go to sleep on the ground below her trainer's feet but the sight of Citrine's hand in the air made her curious. Since when did this human even think.

"Excuse me, professor dude, but there is one thing that's bothering me. I find it hard to believe that something like that dragon scene doesn't happen at least once in a while around here. I mean not on that scale, but maybe a weak, newly caught Pokemon goes a little loopy and attacks a random student. The attack might hurt them a little bit, but perhaps it was more like a small scratch than a coma. What exactly would happen to the owner of that Pokemon?" Citrine didn't have the normal smirk on her face this time. It was kind of surprising given she slept through half the speech in the first place.

Rosie looked up at her trainer with a bit of a smile. It seemed like this ding-dong actually had something that could be called a brain. Perhaps this year might be a little more fun than she originally thought, but it was still too early to judge. In fact, she still didn't know if this girl knew how to battle as the little Skitty never even saw her in a trainer battle ever, but at least she was aware of the possibilities of what could happen.

I know where the prof is getting at. I work with a lot of my master's poisonous pokemons and it's safe to say that these type of Pokemon are pretty dangerous to handle. I got poisoned multiple times and was rushed to the nearest Pokemon center and taken numerous antidotes shot before I get to train them properly. It requires discipline, caution and a lot of patience to get to know these aggressive Pokemon. I think this goes for dragon types as well.

Obviously those two trainers in the clip don't know a thing or two on how to train their dragon. These trainers probably rush their evolution as well to the point that they didn't get properly acquainted with their Pokemon thoroughly and expects more of them even tho they're at their limit. That's probably why Hydregon and Goodra got tired of their shit and decided to retaliate and to go apeshit on their masters. Toshiro thought to himself, sits back and briefly looks at the ceiling above, still fazed by the graphic images the professor just shown them as the daunting image still lingers in his mind.

To him, this was just a challenge for him if he wants to be a Pokemon breeder. Even tho he still in his freshman year, Toshiro was being ambitious at building his career at the moment. He doesn't give a damn about obtaining any pseudo legends or any dragon pokemons. He couldn't care less about what his second Pokemon would be. All he wanted was experience from the best breeders there is and wanted to work under Prof. Roman's team of breeders as an unpaid intern of some sort.Hey, got to start somewhere right?

"Excuse me, professor. But do you have any internship in your Dragon Repopulation Program? I'm quite interested what they do there and would like to apply if there's any.." Toshiro politely asked away right after the girl with the Skitty.

Johnny and Ignizelka were both a little concerned by the images of the rubble-strewn landscapes, but Redwood put them at ease when he said that it wouldn't happen in the academy. That's when Johnny heard someone speak up, and then another person spoke up. The second person asked something along the lines of what he was going to ask, so he changed his question a little and then asked it.

"Professor, along the lines of the previous question, what Job Shadowing opportunities will be available to those in each of the Programs?"

As soon as the speech continued Robert had put his Pokedex back in his pocket, having all his attention on the speech and slideshow. Once the slide of the dragon's backs was shown, his eyes widened and went back in his chair in disbelief. The context, while believable, left an even worse feeling in his gut as he was disgusted by the trainers who did that. 'W-why? What was wrong with these kind of people. Scarring their own Pokemon... Just horrible...' Yet at the same time, the slide afterwards was just as shocking. The sight of those same trainers, getting hit by karma being bittersweet. However much they deserved it, the fact that either's pain had to happen was still a sad sight. The next part, while not relieving the feelings, did bring some relief. Hearing how the school had defidently limited these kinds of situations gave some definite hope to him.

While the saddening thoughts still lingered, he kept on listening to the speech, and was surprised to hear the mention of getting another partner. That same part had Kiai's ears perk up as the Riolu heard the news, a happy cry coming from the excited Riolu and bringing a light smile to Robert's face. "Hehe, let me guess, excited at the idea of a training partner?" At the mention of that Kiai turned back, chuckling and nodding to his trainer. With a hand now rubbing Kiai's head, Robert chuckled back as they both turned their attention to the stage.

Edited by TurboAura

The flashes of the abused dragons and the rubble strewn battlegrounds on the screen were finally enough to stop the snickering, whispered remarks still going on all around her section. Most of those who only moments ago had still been going on about the portly kid's banter either cringed or shuffled back further into their seats, meek as mice. Abusive trainers and the dragons who had been their victims finally breaking from the stress and retaliating against them.Yeah...things weren't so funny anymore, now were they?

Maya didn't find the story surprising. It wasn't that much different from the ones Caid had always told her when she was younger. All those stories about the things he had seen and about trainers who only cared about power and would stop at nothing to get it, even if it meant pushing their partners to the brink and then punishing them when they inevitably failed from the ruthless pressure and stress. All those stories he told in order to try to teach her the very same lesson that giving her Folie was supposed to.

"Just one of the many reasons why you shouldn't treat your partners like they're tools..." She muttered, cheek still resting on her knuckle. "at least there was some Karmic Justice to it in the end though... but it would've been better if none of it ever happened to begin with."

After the last bit of information on the evaluations it seemed the speech was over. As usual, there came the time for questions, and lo and behold, three more students channeled up the courage to speak. At least these ones were actually legitimate questions however; one Class Smartass was enough already.

A young boy with an arrogant look on his face snorted at the job and internship questions that were being asked. He had thick eyebrows, short black hair, brown eyes and was wearing a ripped jeans and a sleeveless white shirt that revealed his muscles. The young RoG member leaned against the wall and didn't pay any further attention to Redwood. He wasn't interested in these dumb questions. Instead he searched for the people who had just asked the questions. Did they really think they had enough skill to go ask for internships like that? Matt decided to memorize their faces just in case as his thoughts became occupied with a very important decision. Which pseudo legendary Pokémon would he get? Tyranitar was an obvious choice. Intimidation factor and raw power could never hurt, but was it wise to start his mission with a second dark type? He still had his trusted Carvanha and wasn't really planning to leave himself wide open to other types just in case he had to fight someone. And he just loved to trash other people and having lots of different typings could certainly prove useful. In the end it came down to one deciding factor; between Salamence and Garchomp, which one would do more damage?

Redwood on the other hand was quite surprised first year students were already thinking about internships and jobs. “Alright, let me answer the question about small accidents first. Yes, things like that do happen with a Pokémon in training. In fact it's bound to happen and you can't stop it. Therefore we will not punish small accidents were no one got hurt. If we notice you're struggling with a new move you taught your Pokémon or something similar, we will give you some advice on how to improve. We try to encourage young trainers to find their own way so don't expect the solution given to you. It's a whole different story if another trainer gets hurt. While these incidents are minimal within the Academy, we can't avoid them all. They do happen and when someone gets injured we will investigate the circumstances. Unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer since our decisions are made case by case. But you don't have to worry. Usually we offer extra guidance if it was a genuine accident. However if you actually do harm someone on purpose, you will be removed from this academy and all your Pokémon will be taken. You will also be registered on a black list so the authorities can check if you are allowed to have Pokémon or not. This only happened once before.”

Now to answer the other two questions. Yes, we actually offer internships in many different Breeding Facilities. After you have finished your three years of training, we offer a special course for the students who do not wish to travel around and challenge gyms. These internships cover many different aspects. You can join the Ymora League behind the scenes, work under Roman and the Dragon Repopulation Program, pick a Breeding Facility of your choice, follow a Gym Leader and many more. But like I already said that's for after your graduation. I do advice you to talk to Roman when you visit the Dragon Breeding Facility. He will be there and can give you more information.”

Suddenly Redwood showed a mischievous smile. “At least that's how we're currently working. There may be some changes in the future... But alas that's not for now. Are there any other questions left?”

Kage spoke up after the professor answered the first round of questions, somewhat regretting taking a position near the back of the hall as it forced him to almost shout his own inquiry. He hoped the question wouldn't draw undue attention from the staff on the stage, though it's not like they'd be able to tell that anything was off at this distance, right? "How do we prove that we're ready for one of these Pokemon, anyway?" After a brief moment, he added a followup. "And are we going to be allowed to raise our own Pokemon from eggs?"

Wolt wasn't paying too much attention to this speech, but when the abused dragons came up on screen he wasn't shock. Wolt was more or less disgusted at the trainers who did that to them. 'Man, are there really people like that out there? Well I guess it's not hard to believe, but that's what the police are for right? Though recently they have been proving rather useless with all these big gangs like Team Rocket coming about. A kid could do a job an entire city's police force couldn't.' Wolt sighed as he thought to himself. What caught his ear the most was the free pokemon going to be given out the next day as well as the eventual dragon pokemon. 'Well, at least I know I'll be getting two new pokemon by the end of the year' He was going to prove himself for a dragon without even trying, he was confident about that.

Redwood turned his face to Kage's direction. “During the first month you will be constantly tested and screened. This goes from how you raise your Pokémon on a daily base to test your knowledge and how well you improve. All of these factors play a role. We can decide a trainer is ready to train a Dratini with a more gentle nature but can't handle a stubborn Bagon yet. I won't go into further detail because that would take far too long but in general it's a long process that's influenced by many situations, training styles and personalities. The answer to your second question is much simpler. Yes, hatching a Pokémon from an egg is an essential part in the Breeding Program. Those students will have to take care of multiple hatchings under strict supervision. At the start of your second year, each and everyone of you who is interested, will be given a random egg to raise. You can't choose or swap with someone else for the first six months.”

Some students immediately started to mumble about how unfair it would be to hatch a weak Pokémon, but Redwood simply ignored them. Like always there was some kind of motive behind his actions. “And that concludes this welcoming party. I'd say get out of here and go enjoy the rest of your day. Tomorrow morning we will expect you at the grounds behind the gym at 9AM. Don't be late or else you'll have to pick last!”

The professor waved to the crowd one last time and made his way towards Devin Cadmus. The two immediately resumed their earlier conversation as they left through one of the smaller exits.

((I'll give you guys a few days to interact and explore. All NPCs, including Matt, are free to talk to if you don't know what to do.))

Johnny and Ignizelka looked at each other, smiling, ready for the next day to come so they could get to see who their new Partner would be. The two of them then walked out of the Auditorium, beginning to head over to the Boys' Dorm.

Edited by K_H

With the speech over Sim turned to Lucas.

"As much as I hate to say it I need to head back to dorms, I still haven't dropped my stuff off there because of that ghost situation. Where do you plan on heading next by the way? I'll try catch up to you after I drop off some stuff in my room unless you want to come with, It shouldn't take too long."

Thinking about the dorms Sim couldn't shake the bad feeling he had about it. "I really need to stop being so paranoid or I'll never get any sleep at night" Sim thought to himself. Pushing the thought to the back of his mind Sim was once again in good spirits. The dragon Pokemon shown on a rampage during redwoods presentation were brutal but everything else about the presentation had Sim excited like a child come Christmas morning. The prospect of getting a new Pokemon tomorrow was sooner than Sim would have expected. He hadn't put much thought into who would be a good partner for Vanish yet. For now however Sim had more pressing and heavy things to take care of, thinking of the meager possessions Sim was still carrying around.

Eh, I can go back to my dorm later. Let's go make some friends, or at least annoy the hell out of somebody. "What do you think, Lucas. Should we go bother somebody?" The Ralts chirruped a faint agreement, and with that Kage stood up out of that seat. "The real question is who we go harass. How about. . . hm. That one shy-sounding girl?" Lucas made an ambivalent noise, so Kage proceeded to weave through the crowd toward her, simultaneously grateful for and somewhat irritated by the noise. He slid into a seat just behind the girl (Mie) and simply said, "Hi."

With the speech finally over, she finally had some time to think. "Dragon types, huh…" She muttered before looking at the Vulpix sitting on her lap. "What do you think, Kagari?"

The Vulpix simply tilted her head in response. It wasn't like she would be able to convey her opinion all that easily anyway. Though if one were paying attention to it during the speech, it looked somewhat fixated on the Hydreigon in the presentation.

But a single sound stunted both of their thoughts. As she turned back, she saw the boy in sunglasses with his Ralts. "U-umm, HI!" She squeaked. "W-who are you?"

"Tsukihashi Kageharu, but I'm not super traditional, so just call me Kage." He gestured with his right hand to his Ralts, situated on his opposite shoulder. "This is Lucas. He's not as lazy as he looks." The small Fairy-type, not knowing precisely how to respond to his Trainer's comment, simply murmured a small greeting after a brief moment. "So, what did you think of all this huge presentation crap?"

As soon as they were dismissed, Toshiro remained seated as the rest of students beside him stand up and left. He waited until all of the students are gone in that aisle and finally spoke. "I know you're listening. come on out Midori, I know have something to say about this " He said with a smile as he reach down the only Pokeball in his pocket and release his Bulbasaur on an empty seat.

"Bulbasaur.." Midori immediately replied as it turns his back on its master and curls up like a ball like he was vetoing about something. "Hmm?" Toshiro tilted his head in confusion and tries to figure out what's upsetting his partner. Toshiro chuckles and finally figures out what is upsetting his partner.

"I see what this is all about, come here you" Toshiro grabs Midori and force him to sit on his lap "you know getting a new partner is not so bad. Think of it as a new friend to play with. You just need to be nice to them that's all. " Toshiro said and tries to persuade his ever adamant seed Pokemon.

"saur.." Bulbasaur reluctantly replied and yawns as it slowly falls asleep in Toshiro's lap. I know it's hard for you to trust someone where you're coming from. You've been hurt alot by the wrong people to the point that you don't trust anybody else other than me. I'm sure you'll change your mind once we get our second family member. Toshiro smiles as he stands up and place his partner in his backpack with its head sticking and leaves the hall.

Toshiro when outside and follows the boy with the Fennekin and tries to strike a conversation with him."Excuse me, but are you heading towards the male dorms? mind if I tag along, My name is Toshiro Haibara by the way, you can call me Hiro for short. Oh and the sleeping pokemon on my backpack, this is Midori"

Edited by Ragnar