Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

June 19, RoG HQ

“SIR! I found something! Our systems detected a massive energy peak!” a young man in his early twenties yelled.

“What are you talking about?” another man replied. This one was much older and much taller. His grey hair and moustache had a natural intimidating look, but his chubby appearance could easily be mistaken for muscled. Unfortunately for Doc, he was unable to close his lab coat.

“The energy we found months ago in the Boulder Hills, but our teams were unable to locate it. A few moments ago our equipment tracked the exact same energy rating, Sir.”

“Move,” Doc said while shoving the young member out of his chair. The Head of the Intel and Research Division started to type like he was possessed. In no time different sources of data and graphics popped up, spread out over at least 5 different monitors. The process kept repeating itself over and over until the man's eyes widened in surprise.

Suddenly the main screen went black and a voice could be heard from the speakers. “Doc? Why did you call me so suddenly?”

“I'm sorry, Boss, but this is important. We found the Dragon Plate!”

“What? That's good news! Were our teams finally successfull?”

“No, it seems someone beat us. We only found its new location.”

“Where?”

“Ymora Academy.”

The voice on the other side turned silent. “Redwood...” the man hissed before bursting out into laughter. “Perfect! Tell me Doc, do we have some young prodigies for this mission?”

Doc didn't reply. Instead his fingers moved over the keyboard in front of him at incredible speed. “These are all our members that have the required age and the ones we can alter a little,” he said as the black screen filled with multiple profiles.

Another silence fell as profiles opened and closed. Some stayed longer and were moved to the background only to appear again a few seconds after. Doc wasn't doing anything so the man behind the screen was selecting the members personally. “These two,” he finally spoke up. “Muscles that do everything to get a mission done and a cunning brain... Don't alter their profiles and backgrounds too much this time. It's a long term mission so simplicity is key...”

“Understood,” Doc said firmly when the monitor went silent. The scientist turned towards the man he had pulled out of the chair earlier. “You! Get me these two agents ASAP!”

August 30, 9 AM, Academy Grounds

The past couple of days had been busy for the Academy Staff. All preparations had led to this day. The entrance hall of the Main Building had undergone a gigantic transformation. Multiple desks were lined up in front of the left wall. All of them were equipped with monitors. Two giant wooden boards stood behind the desks. One, on the left, was titled 'Girls Dorm' while the one on the right was called 'Boys Dorm'. Two pair of keycards could be found under each number.

The desks were currently occupied by teachers and Redwood's assistants. Some of them were already sighing or wrestling with the, to their taste, much too slow monitors. Others, like Devin Cadmus and Redwood, were standing at the front doors to guide new students in.

Every year there were some new students running around with a lost expression on their faces, even though they received clear instructions in their invitation letter:

Do not forget to bring your ID with you and make sure you register at one of the desks in the Main Building. You will receive your Official Trainer Card, Pokédex and Dorm Keycard from one of the staff. After this is done, all students are free to explore the Academy Grounds at free will. We do ask you not to enter the Forest as it can be dangerous for inexperienced students.

Outside the building a path led straight from the entrance hall towards the Main Gates.Tyron was standing there, looking nervously at his watch. Redwood had given him clear orders; open the gate at 9 AM exactly, no matter how many people had already gathered. And like every year there were quite a few people lined up, waiting for Tyron to open the gate, which made the Handyman even more nervous. It got even to the point he started to count down the seconds on his watch.

A big sigh could be heard from the tall and atlethic looking man. Sweat dripped from his forehead onto his training suit. Every few seconds he attempted to dry his slippery hands by rubbing over his pants. But when the clock finally hit 9, he opened the gate with a firm grip. A large smile appeared on his face as he yelled his favorite sentence: “WELCOME TO YMORA ACADEMY!”

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kage was one of the last ones to arrive before the gates opened, faced with the unfortunate combination of wanting to get there without his parents hovering and his parents being something of a cross between humans, hummingbirds, and Apache helicopters. He did manage to fend them off eventually, however, with them giving their last hugs and then returning to the airport. Lucas, however, was in his usual place; the Ralts was almost always perched on his shoulder, helping the teen negotiate obstacles without the use of the cane stuffed deep into his backpack. The Psychic-type also helped with an otherwise thoroughly insurmountable obstacle; his registration papers.

The Hoenn native fumbled with the things in hand, attempting to get them into their proper order. Lucas made a small positive noise when his trainer finally managed to get them right side up and ordered correctly. After doing so, Kage adjusted his sunglasses with one hand, hoping that no one looked askance at him for wearing them at 9 AM, and proceeded into the main building to complete his registration. Along the way, he fumbled for the ID in his back pocket. It had a small notch in the upper left-hand corner, unlike the infernal and unmanageable papers. He hoped his irritation at having to deal with printed media canceled out the nervousness he felt about a certain omission on his registration as he handed the forms to the person at one of the main desks.

Both Robert and Kiai's eyes had lit up when they saw the gate start to open up and the introductory words from the other side, smiles spread across both of their faces. As soon as Robert saw the an opening in the crowd he went through the freshly open gate, Kiai following right behind his trainer. While Kiai's main focus was looking at any other students, Robert's full attention following the instruction on the invitation letter, which he had admitably read about three times just this morning to make sure this wasn't just a glorious dream.

With that in mind and ID in hand and registration papers in the other, Robert went off to the main building with a grin on his face and eventually found the registration desks, getting in line as Kiai was too hyped to get impatient from any line.

Edited by TurboAura

Helene finally stood up, nodding at Pancham wordlessly in a subtle indication that it was time to move. She had already had her ID card safely on her person and visible as it was nestled in the lanyard she wore around her neck. Her registration papers were neatly secured in a folder residing in her right hand and were ready to be accessed quickly as well. She inhaled and stretched as Pancham curiously watched other students and chattered to himself.

"Pan?"

The Playful Pokemon turned in acknowledgement.

"There will be plenty of time to make friends, okay? Relax..."

Her attempt at being the "Pokemon Whisperer" didn't quite ease the Pancham's tension. She didn't really know why she tried to acknowledge her Pokemon as if it were a human... Maybe it just seemed proper. A Kalosian woman was supposed to be sophisticated, clear, and concise... or at least that's what her mother would say. Regardless, she was sure Pancham didn't fully understand either. The pair had a mutual need for one another, but that didn't mean they had the ability to communicate to one another outside of commands and requests. Maybe that might change someday...

"C'mon Pan, before the line gets too long then..."

The pair made their way in the direction of the main building, following the traffic of the students that seemed to be knowledgeable of the school's layout.

Adeline was bouncing from foot to foot, a toothy grin spread across her face. Her mud-caked sneakers kicked up dust with every impact of her foot and the ground. Her jeans were fading on the back of her legs with every speck of dust landing on them. She tossed her ID from hand to hand, trying to find something to ease her hectic mind before 9:00. Her mind was filled with images of her surrounded by Pokémon, all showing her just a fraction of the love she was showering them in. Her cheeks blushed at the thought of such a scenario. She hoped this would be her life after the academy, enjoying the rest of her life with as many Pokémon as she could find. Adeline was suddenly jerked back into reality when she heard Tyron yell, "WELCOME TO YMORA ACADEMY!"

Seeing the gates open invigorated her and suddenly, she was suddenly off and running. Weaving her way between hopeful students, she rushed to be the first person at a desk. She frowned at the sight of partner Pokémon accompanying their trainers in. She knew that Ellie was too big to be let out in such an area. Settling for the next best option, she reached into her pocket and grasped the Pokéball that contained her partner. She held it out in her hands and kissed it, whispering an apology to Ellie for keeping her confined. Adeline hadn't even realized she'd made it to the desks and suddenly skidded to a halt before almost running into a desk in front of a Girl's Dorm sign. Her sneakers barely touching the legs of the desk, Adeline held out her ID to the person at the desk with a cheeky grin on her face.

Aliah drew back from the now moving crowd of people. He automatically drew his coat tighter and pulled down the tan hat atop his head. Keme glanced right, worried for his friend, from his place on Aliah's left shoulder. The Froakie had wanted to perch on Aliah's head but the boy wouldn't have it. Stepping forward as the opportunity arrived, Aliah slipped passed the gate. In his hands were the registration papers and his ID. The throng of people dispersed as the new arrival's took in the sights. Aliah glanced at Keme, who merely licked him, and strode toward the registration area.

Keme leaned forward to look into Aliah's eyes, before quickly retreating. A soft, sad croak echoed escaped him. Keme didn't like the icy, frozen stare Aliah wore now. Keme sensed that it was a defense move but didn't understand why. Why couldn't Aliah be smiling and laughing, blue eyes dancing like a soft flame, like they were when the pair was alone? Ambrette Town was their home but now a new place, new world opened before them.

Aliah reached up and scratched Keme on his back. "I'm okay Keme." Aliah said softly, so only the Froakie could hear. Keme gave a light headbutt that meant 'I know you're lying' in response. A ghost of a smile appeared on Aliah's face before fleeing. "Point taken. I'll be okay once we get registered. That better?" Keme licked him again in response before gazing around in wonderment at all the different pokemon it could see. Aliah stopped moving, having arrived at the registration desk for boys.

Handing the person his ID and papers, Aliah managed a "Hello" before flicking his gaze at the wooden boards.

Edited by WildChalice

• Support Squad

Oswald

Scuffs on the floor... mud being tracked into the hall... pokemon flying around, practically shedding, especially the damnable flying types. Oswald stood off to one corner observing the students hustle to register with a scowl in his eyes and on his lips that resulted in most students giving him a wide berth. The old janitor leant on his cart, stacked with cleaning supplies that would quickly be put to use once the students cleared out. His dutiful geodude hovered beside him, idly sweeping a single spot of the floor with a broom as he imitated his masters spiteful expression.

Why did there have to be so many students year after year?

Claude

Amidst the crowd of eager students stood a young, cherubic young man. He was no different, an excited smile and a twinkle in his eyes making that very clear. Still, he did not rush off to register just yet. First he released his partner, the beloved Cottonee that always accompanied him, and set him off flying. Claude knew Doux would want to explore their new surroundings and he had no interest in stopping him. The Cottonee flew throughout the crowd, drifting lightly between people and twirling with the occasional puff of sparkling wind.

Still, the urgent rush of the crowd could not be ignored for long and Claude soon followed suit, grasping all the paperwork in his somewhat sweaty hands. As much as Claude despised paperwork of any kind, he knew that these pieces of paper were as important to him as a dead tree could possibly get. So he would make damn sure he had it when he got to the front of that line.

Oh but how the wait tormented him...

Sim couldn't help but feel excited as he waited for the gates to be opened. For about the tenth time that morning he took out his registration papers and ID too make sure they were still all together. "We're all set Vanish, though I think the papers are in worse shape every time I pull them out" Sim muttered excitedly to the abra sitting next to him. "Vanish, I want to be the first one in line to sign up when the gates open. Get ready to use teleport and send us next to the main building." Vanish nodded in understanding. The faster Sim could get signed up the sooner he could explore the academy. Another grin spread across Sim's face after thinking about all the new experiences that awaited him. Not even Vanish, usually calm and collected, could keep from catching the excitement. "And so it begins..." Sim mumbled as the gates were opened. "Vanish that's your cue!".

Arms folded, Helene followed an ever-exuberant Pan into the registration line... where promptly, the Pancham caught sight of another Pokemon and bolted.

"Oh no..."

Pancham were dubbed for their playful nature, and Pan was no different, but now they were indoors. Helene made a concerted effort to stand on her tip toes and searched for her Pokemon anxiously, finding it acting surprisingly calm. However, they weren't out of the woods yet.

Pan had it's arm outstretched toward a Geodude in greeting. The Geodude seemingly belonging to a janitor who already seemed none-too-pleased with the frenetic proceedings he was surveying.

"Great...Well, there goes my place in line. I'd better go get Pan...."

The girl allowed the people behind her to take her place and walked quickly in the direction of the Janitor, reading the name 'Oswald' on the man's name tag.

• Support Squad

Oswald and Helene

Oswald said nothing as the Pancham approached Geodude with its young trainer in tow. Not like any meatheaded fighting types would understand him. Better just to let the trainer collect him and return to the inane farce of a registration.

As Oswald began to wonder why on earth the academy bothered to distribute IDs to then go through a second round of processing the students, Geodude grumbled a greeting to the friendly Pancham, gently shaking hands with the fellow pokemon as he had seen Oswald do once or twice in the distant past. The rock type was unable to maintain the spiteful facade he wore in support of his friend in the face of the playful Pancham.

• Veterans

As the gates started opening, James arrived with his Grandfather at the academy's entrance stopping a bit before the gate as other new students ran in. Along with them was a rather large white feline like pokemon with a black sickle like horn-blade. The old man turned to look towards his grandson with a somewhat fond smile. "Well, here we finally are..after that horrible plane ride. To think that after all these years, I still have motion sickness. Regardless, It seems like it's about time for you to go in."He nodded to the gates where it seemed like quite a few students had already passed through.

James just sighed, seems like this year would be quite a drag...better make the best of it. First thing he'd do after registering would be going to his room and taking a nice long nap, if he could with all the noise around there. "Yes old man.....well...I'll be seeing you guys in a few months I guess. " He turned around and started walking towards the gates while his companion remained, looking at the grandfather of his friend and trainer now. "Look after him....will you Crescent?" The Absol stared for a few moment longer before nodding and following after James.

James joined the line getting the paperwork out of his bookbag before lazily staring forwards bored out of his mind. Crescent strolled over next him looking equally as bored as his friend. "Damn lines.....always take forever and a half......"

"What am I going to do with you?" A male's voice could be heard over a gray cell phone with the boy sounding disappointed. The phone belonged to a blonde hair girl who wore a loose blue shirt and light brown cargo shorts. Cleanly definitely wouldn't be the word to use to describe her shoe's looked as if they went through miles of mud to get there.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't think that card thing was important so...I might've forgot it at home, okay?" The girl seemed relax given how important the contents of the said item. The Skitty, hugging her shoulder, shook her head at these words.

"If you check in that backpack you have, I put it with all that other paperwork you might need. Try to act a little more responsible." The girl followed the instruction pulling out her ID card from the backpack. She smiled with delight at how organized her brother was and how easy it would be to register.

"Oh don't worry about it, bro. I made sure your little Rosie gets 3 meals a day." The girl placed her hand on the Skitty scratching it's head which delighted the little mon.

"It'd be nice to hear something other than food from you. Could you at least...." Before the boy could finish, the girl hung up the phone and put it in her pocket. She figured it wasn't that important anyways as the little Skitty could pretty much take care of itself.

The girl then made her way through the gates and when she saw the lines stretched back. "You've got to be kidding me!" she yelled loud and clear for all to hear. "I even got here early for this too!" Eight minutes after opening is probably the earliest the girl ever showed up to anything as she didn't have the patience for. The Skitty jumped down and covered her eyes all the while. The ringing hurt, especially coming from a girl that loud.

Citrine made her way over the the girl's dorm line while grumbling, "I'm probably gonna get stuck with some girly girl. Honestly, I'd prefer to be stuck with a roughhousing boy, but society frowns upon that. And can't this line move any faster. I swear...the lunch lines better not be this bad or we're going to have problems."

After Tyron welcomed the entire crowd to the Academy, Johnny walked through the gates, alongside the other students-to-be that came into the academy, registration papers and ID being carried safely by Johnny, with Ignizelka following closely behind him. He was completely ready, having read over the letter once or a dozen times in the previous week in his anticipation of joining the academy. They then headed into the line, and waited patiently to get to the front, moving as it moved.

That isn't to say that the waiting wasn't trying on their patience, though...

Edited by K_H

Helene and Oswald

As she approached, Helene got the sense that making as little eye contact as possible with the janitor would be the best course of action. She felt like the man had a long day ahead of him at the very least, and understood any disdain that could be had from his position.

However, she couldn't help but smile as his Pokemon counterpart cut the stone-face (ha, Geodude, stone face) act out enough to at least placate Pan's curiosity. It was the first kind gesture her or her Pokemon had received at Ymora.

"Sir, I'm so sorry..." She calmly phrased, shooting Pan a look of disapproval. Pancham smirked in return, as if he was that disobedient child you caught with their hand in the cookie jar, but there was no way you could save the cookie from being devoured. "Pan, we might visit Geodude later, if it's alright with Mr. Oswald."

She then nodded at the gruff janitor with a hidden understanding that it wouldn't be her intention to disturb the man again.

Helene then picked up Pancham and filed in behind a girl, Skitty in tow, who seemed to be distraught by the now ridiculous line, overhearing a "You've got to be kidding me!" as she closed in.

"I was here early for this too!"

"Join the club, sister."

Following the opening of the gates, Arthur quietly shuffled into the grounds of his new "home away from home." There wasn't much he could do or say to make himself feel any less awkward about having two living examples of perfect human bodies for parents following him around or the fact that he had a massive, flaming bug named Monica clinging to his arm, forcing him to always raise his left arm like a falconer. It also didn't help that he was leaving the relative security of his childhood spent training to become an athlete to pursue an entirely different course that his family admitted that they knew nothing about, or that Monica simply blew a light amount of fire on him every time that he attempted to put her in her Pokeball without ample coaxing and promises of rewards if she did so. The latter resulted in Arthur's apparent lack of eyebrows. On the upside, the first issue was about to be solved, as his parents were about to leave as they had a flight to catch to get back home. On the downside, his parents were about to leave him all alone in a foreign environment. Arthur hugged his parents tightly, careful not to squish Monica on his arm, before letting go and watching them go away.

"Why do I always make things hard on myself...?" Arthur muttered to himself after his parents left his sight as even they were lost in the crowds of students, family members, and staff.

Finally deciding that there was no use putting it off any longer, Arthur finally decided to get into the registration line, which was apparently already all the way up to where he was standing. He turned to Monica and sighed, as even his naturally athletic body was beginning to tire from holding a sixty pound bug on it for a long while.

"Alrighty. Now, I know you won't like this, but you should probably get off my arm and get into your Pokeball. There's lot of stuff coming up ahead of us and I want you rested for when the real excitement comes, okay?" Arthur did his best to convince her without letting the nervousness he was feeling creep into his voice, although he was convinced he still heard it. It seemed Monica heard it as well, since instead of leaving him well and truly alone to go to the comfort of her own "home away from home," she simply wriggled over to his right arm instead. "What a pal," Arthur said to himself with a slight smile. "What a pal."

"Hmph, so this is Ymora Academy? A year should be more then enough time to prove him wrong. Then I can get out of this crap hole and get back training for the Shinoh League." Wolt said to himself as he watched as the gate opened and people flooded in. He tossed a dusk ball up and down which belonged to his pokemon Inigo, who was the sneasle standing by him, arms crossed. The two walked casually under the gate, not really caring if they were one of the last ones in line.

"I just hope we don't get stuck with an annoying roommate. Arceus knows that it's only going to make this process worse." Wolt spoke hoping he'd have at least a somewhat decent roommate. Inigo nodded with agreement, he didn't like being bothered and having someone continuously bother him didn't sound fun either. After waiting in line they finally made it to the front. He brought out the ID that had been in his pocket until now and handed it to the person at the desk. "Here's my ID."

"So this is it..." Maya muttered as she gazed up at the open gates. Even the Spinda at her side was focused... just as still as his trainer. He could feel it too... what this meant. how long it had taken them, how much they had worked. Still... but smirking from ear to ear on that insane little mug of his. This was where the real tests began, the real work and the real trials... no more training wheels, no more old man Wilk breathing down their necks and always lecturing and tutoring, no more training wheels... It was sink or swim now.

and the challenge... had been accepted. Right from the very moment the little panda had gotten wind of it all.

"Indeed it is..." A graveled tone answered the girl as it's owner placed a hand on her shoulder. It was strong... firm, even though he was far from his former prime; despite his limp and the need for the cane by his side. Even his hair had maintained a bit of the vitality he'd had decades ago, that field of bright, fiery red still giving a valiant fight against the grey invaders beginning to take over from the south of his hairline... though sadly the timber-wolf shades of his beard could only attest to war and rumors of war, to the times before it had fallen to the enemy, left it's brothers up north to hold out on their own. He easily had at least a full half-foot on Maya, if not more- so tall that even the Scizor standing in silence by his side had to look up whenever he spoke. Even those eyes still held their ferocity, after nearly three full decades. Twin pools of blue as dark as the depths of the ocean... and unforgiving as a wolf.

"You know," He began, jokingly "it's not too late to back out... I'm sure Firon would understan-"

"Yeah right," His God Daughter scoffed, glancing back at him with a smirk. The Spinda only glared up at the geezer though, arms crossed across his tiny chest, an indignant frown where his own smirk had once occupied. "If you're going to start something, you should finish it too. Weren't you the one who told me that once?"

"Well, at least you were listening..." Sighed Caidmus as he reached a hand into the satchel on his shoulder, pulling out the ID and Registration. "I'll definitely give you that much." He dropped his hand as she took the documents. "So...I guess this is where we say goodbye then."

"Yeah...I...guess it is..." She watched the man who had spent four years raising her as his own nod his head, turn around... and walk away.

"Spin..." Folie grumbled under his breath, turning on his heels and marching off towards the gates, waving Sayonara with the back of his stubby mit as he went.

"Don't be like that," His owner sighed, following... "remember just whose roof it was you've been living under... or that he's the only reason you're able to eat like you do..."

"Spind!" The panda chided in response.

Folie had no damns to give.

It wasn't long until the two entered the main hall and found their way into a line labeled "Girls Dorm", Folie abandoning his dignified, straight as a board walk in favor for his natural teeter along the way. No use keeping up a facade if the target audience wasn't there anymore. The only issue now was the damn wait times... it was some sort of infernal punishment, you stand around like cattle all day, and the damn thing just eternally stays where it is. Doesn't move forward, backward, nothin'. You just stand there... and go crazy... and-

"Folie!" Maya's voice broke him out of his own little realm for a minute. Folie glanced around... finally noticing how far behind he'd gotten. The girl was already at the front...whoops.

"C'mon, try to pay some actual attention..." Maya thought, sighing as she handed her ID and paperwork to the faculty behind the desk, all the while watching the little ruffian scramble over with a sideways glance.

Mie was undoubtably nervous. Her parents had taken her to the front gates of the Academy and dropped her off there. They were originally willing to even wait with her but the girl had finally built the confidence, even if for a second, to tell them that she would be alright on her own. To the girl, her parents were far more than she ever deserved.

But, Mie slowly felt her nerves beginning to strangle her as she waited for 9 AM. So, she put her hood on and clenched Kagari's Pokeball in her hand in order to ease her spirits.

Sadly, all of that was in vain as the welcome announcement boomed. "WELCOME TO YMORA ACADEMY!" Mie heard.

"HAWAWA!" she cried out, as she was completely startled by it. Students began to move into the Academy, meaning it was time to head in.

"It's alright. Everything will be just fine." She said to herself before letting Kagari out to climb onto her shoulder. "It'll definitely be just fine, right, Kagari?" she asked to the Vulpix before it nuzzled on her cheek.

With that, she headed to the line for the table that said "Girl's Dorm" .

Aliah's gaze flicked between the person processing his papers and the dorm room listing. After what seemed to be a long wait, Aliah suddenly found himself staring at three key items. His official trainer card, pokedex and his room key. He carefully pocketed the trainer card and the room key. Flipping the pokedex open Aliah turned to scan Keme... only to see a light blue figure hopping away into the crowd.

"Ke...me?" Aliah whispered in shock, the pokedex nearly falling from his hand. A faint chill seemed to wrap itself around Aliah despite the line of people. Pupils suddenly widened to the max, giving the boy a glazed look. Half shoved-half stumbling Aliah left the desk and automatically started searching for the tiny frog pokemon.

As Aliah had stood waiting, Keme had caught an interesting scent and bounded off in search of the source. Despite nearly getting stepped on a few times, Keme finally found what he'd been seeking. Hopping to a stop just shy of the girls feet, Keme gazed up at the vulpix. Keme didn't pay the girl much attention, as he hopped to and fro, making bubbles rise up around him. He was more focused on trying to get the vulpix to play.

"Keme?" Aliah called, louder than before. A worried hand pushed back the hair resting on his cheek. He was scanning the ground, hoping to find tracks until he spotted a familiar sight. Keme was nearby judging by the small bubbles floating upwards. Breaking his normal stride, Aliah began a hurried jog towards the bubbles. He was so focused on the froakie that he forgot to pay attention to his footing. "Woah!...Oof!" Aliah exclaimed as he slipped and fell on his butt. He glared at Keme with a scowl as the pokemon seemed just as surprised by the fall.

Turning away from the frog, Aliah glanced up at the person before him. A young woman with silver hair and red eyes, a hood drawn protectively over her head. "Um... I'm... sorry about my Froakie Miss." Aliah spoke slowly as the chill was fading away. "Hope he didn't hur- I mean, scare you."

"Fashionably late as always..." Drake thought to herself as she heard the loud Welcoming. After all she was late due to the fact that... she waited until the very last second to get all her paperwork in order. After all there was nothing that Drake hated more in this universe then paperwork. It was so pointless, and oh so annoying. Therefore like always she put it off forever. And therefore like always it was a mad scramble to get things in order at the last minute. "I should really stop doing this..." she sighed aloud as she walked towards the back of the line. She was one of the last to arrive after all.

Her orange fiery hair stuck out above nearly the entire line as no one was near her height among the students. Drake had always been much taller than those her age. No one really knew why, but she was always giant compared to others. She stuck out like a sore thumb amongst other kids. She was always heads and shoulders above them quite literally. The manner of her dress probably didn't help the situation either since she had a tendency to wear bright oranges, it was easily her favorite colour. Her fire appearance made her stick out even more, like a giant inferno in the middle of a forest... it was pretty easy to see even from far away. In her arms... was a little Growlithe. It was very small, and only looked that much more in the arms of the giant holding her. It was squirming a bit as it buried it's face in Drake's arms. THis was Whisper, her first pokemon. She was always a shy one. It was like pulling teeth to get her to leave the car when they had arrived here. Whisper had seen so many people and she didn't want to leave. It wasn't until Emberly put the little pup in her arms that she relaxed even a little bit. She was still scared but her big sister had her now so she was safe. Drake chuckled softly at Whisper attempting to hide. It's what she always did. "Come on Whisper, I'm sure many people want to meet you! You shouldn't be hiding her head." Drake exclaimed with a beaming smile on her face. It had all the warmth of the sun. Whisper let out a soft bark in reply, but didn't make much effort to bring out her face. All that could be seen of her was too big brown puppy eyes right over the edge of Drake's arm. She at least turned around. However, Drake was certain that anyone or any pokemon that came up to them would probably scare her enough she'd bury those two chocolate coloured eyes of hers right back in her arm. She sighed. She loved Whisper dearly, they were the best of friends after all. She just wished she was a tad more outgoing. She was nearly horrified of everything. It was obvious why though to Drake so she didn't complain. After all, the little dog was much like her in some regards... both freaks of nature. Drake was much too big for her age, and Whisper was much too small. The runt of the litter, and the giant girl. Both ridiculed for their size. It was why they were such fast friends, ones that couldn't be separated no matter what. Drake pet the little dig behind her ears, the place she liked it best. Perhaps it would get her to relax a bit and not be so scared. It was definitely helping as Drake could feel the tension in Whisper's body releasing ever so slightly.

It took her awhile to get into the main building, she even nearly hit her head on the doorframe... a common problem for Emberly. She was quite a bit taller than most so not all that many doorways really met her height, she had to stoop ever so slightly to fit at times. The worst was she usually wasn't paying attention... she was a tad flighty at times. However, she was focused to today. She was trying to not startle Whisper anymore than the poor pup was, the loud bang from her hitting her head definitely wouldn't help that cause.

However, that wasn't to last. She had nearly reached the line when towards the back a boy ran straight into a young girl with a Vulpix on her shoulder. The impact and sudden motion scared the little pup right back to square one with a loud yelp or freight. Drake could feel the cold nose pressing against her arm so she knew the little Growlithe had buried her head trying to hide from what was scaring her. Emberly sighed still stroking the Pup right behind her ears. Hopefully she could get registered soon and put Whisper in her room a place that felt safer than here and get her to calm down enough there. She walked up behind the girl and the guy who had crashed into her hoping that they didn't hear Whisper's loud yelp. She didn't want to add too much to the already surfacing commotion.

"Um... I'm... sorry about my Froakie, Miss. Hope he didn't hur- I mean, scare you." was what the boy said to the hooded girl.

Drake thought to herself "Is his control of his Pokemon that bad?" well... she thought she was jsut thinking that to herself... in reality she actually blurted out her thoughts quite loudly. her face went instantly red... and she just hoped that he didn't hear her say anything. After all he was busy talking to the hooded girl perhaps he wouldn't notice?

Lucas' adventure had already begun the previous day. He left his home in Eterna City, in the Sinnoh region, with his companion Grimace, arriving to the far away Ymora region by plane after a rather long trip. The Gastly, who was kept inside of his Pokeball when Lucas was in the plane, was very excited to be in this new region that he'd never seen before, and the same, of course, could be said for his trainer.

Despite all of this, Lucas considered his adventure officially started only when he overheard that "Welcome to Ymora Academy!", a warm greeting by an Academy staff member that he couldn't see easily. The number of students was constantly increasing: all of them formed a very big crowd and Lucas was in the middle, which meant he had to wait in line for a while. He totally didn't envy who was behind him.

He let Grimace come out for a moment while he was waiting, showing the Pokemon the new location. They would stay there for quite a while, but it would be worth the effort. Not only the boy could become a better Pokemon trainer overall, but he could meet people from all of those distant places that were the other regions.

Gastly looked enthusiastic. Meeting Lucas completely changed his life. At this time, he would be in the Old chateau trying to scare the rare visitors, alongside a lot of other Gastly and maybe a Rotom; that one Pokemon that gave the trainers some incentive to come in that building, and that increased in popularity some years before because of some perks it had.

When it was finally time to register, the black haired guy noticed another trainer on the ground. Most likely, he fell while trying to get to his Pokemon - a Froakie was, in fact, near him. The boy seemed to apologize to the person that was directly in front of him - a hooded girl with a Vulpix - while some other people were coming closer to them. Lucas, rather than approach the other trainers and leave the assistant hanging, decided that the best thing to do was to register first, and think about everything else only when that was out of the way.

Gastly didn't seem to agree with his trainer and tried to get closer, flying over the other people in the hall, but a glance from his trainer was enough to change his mind.

• Support Squad

Desks

As the students approached the registration desks they were each greeted with a smile from the staff. They accepted the ID and quickly put the students into the magical system of filing. Then with another smile they were dismissed. "Thank you for attending, we hope you enjoy your time here."

Oswald

Oswald shrugged as the young girl came to collect her Pancham, explaining why the little pokemon had come along. No point wasting words, risking starting a conversation. That was the last thing he wanted and he suspected the young girl knew that. Fine by him, he liked it when people let him be. Maybe next time he wouldn't even object if the Pancham sought Geodude out again. The aforementioned pokemon continued to watch the Pancham for a while before resuming his sweeping, watching the crowd. He didn't bother scowling like his owner now though.

Claude

The Extraordinaire was sat waiting, now impatiently, in the middle of a line that was in contrast very ordinary. Too ordinary. Claudes eyes scanned the students, trying to see anyone that stood out. He was kind of hoping the coordinators would stand out. Unfortunately the only one to stand out was a ridiculously tall girl, who stood taller than the vast majority of the crowd.

Evidently, this same girl had caught Doux's eye as a wonderful roost and Claudes beloved flufflball very blatantly settled its soft weight onto the girls head. One day that cottonees impression of a hat is going to get him into trouble Claude thought, smiling slightly from afar. For now he'd let Doux be, knowing where his pokemon was was all he needed.

It was pretty easy to notice the weight despite how little it was, settling onto her head for Drake. A strange... cotton sensation? It was clearly a Pokemon but she had no idea what kind. Either way, it was rather interesting development. She just hoped whatever it was that Whisper didn't get to scared of it and make her fiery hair... quite literally fiery. "And who might you be?" Drake asked of the little creature now sitting on her head. "Are you friendly? I imagine you're very friendly if you're sitting on my head. I bet your really cute too but I can't see you." she said in a soft voice so that the little Pokemon on her head could hear her but not be intimidating. It was near babyspeak, but it wasn't actually.

She put her hand up in front of where she believed the little creature's head was so the creature could see she was lifting her hand up to pet it. She wondered what the little creature sitting on her head looked like. She hoped it was really cute so that it didn't scare Whisper who still had her head buried in Drake's arm. "Hopefully you don't mind me touching you to much. I bet your really soft and fluffy. Can you see my hand?" she asked the little creature making sure it knew she didn't mean it harm and was trying to be friendly.

Sim finished registering and was thankful that he found himself in the front of the line and not the back. "So vanish what should we do first explore the area or talk to some of the other people finishing up registration?" Sim asked his partner comfortably situated within his trainers arms. Vanish teleporting with Sim was similar to running the distance 5 times but in an instant. Incredibly convenient but also tiring. Sim lifted vanish above his head to see if they could find a group of people who looked interesting apart from the countless people standing in line. Vanish and Sim noticed another student running towards what seemed to be a froakie only to ever so elegantly slip and fall. "He seems fun, let's try be more social in our new home Vanish. Some friends could come in handy" Sim walked towards the pair he saw earlier wondering how you're actually supposed to greet to people for the first time. People didn't talk much in the city, everyone was to busy with something or other. When he closed in on the group he decided commenting on the obvious would be the best course of action. "Hey are you alright I saw you fall over, cool froakie by the way."

This... this is it? It was that simple? Just handing them my ID and suddenly I'm a student? Seems like just anyone could make it I guess. I sure feel special now. Adeline briefly shut her eyelids and rolled her eyes underneath them. She opened her eyes and put on a façade of excitement and overwhelming joy. "Thank you very much," Adeline said with false exuberance to the person tending to the desk. While Adeline would normally be bouncing off the walls, she was exhausted from a lengthy travel from Hoenn to Ymora. She briskly turned away from the desk and began walking towards the exit. She passed a girl who was incredibly tall, with a Cottonee hovering above her head and a Growlithe nestled in her arm. She almost shuffled past her before she realized that making friends on the first day should be a priority of hers. Adeline pulled out Ellie's Pokéball and pressed her lips to it, whispering another apology to her for keeping her captive for so long.

Hoping to strike a conversation with the girl who seemed to have two Pokémon, Adeline began a slow jog backwards. She had almost reached the girl when she suddenly tripped over her shoelace and fell backwards. Her head slammed into the floor. Nothing too hard, but enough for Adeline to release a groan, partially induced by the pain, and partially induced by the embarrassment of her current situation. "Well isn't this cliché? First day and I'm already tripping on shoelaces. Something out of a teen movie with a budget smaller than your Growlithe," Adeline grumbled and gestured to the girl's Growlithe.