Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Flying/ Fairy type Pokemon

That_Certn_Flygon

Question

10 answers to this question

Guest MegaMagikarp

First off- with the fighting gym, flying types kick up too much sand. I think that you can't rely on a specific type with field effects. Second, fairy types have few offensive moves and depending on it is just going to get your ass kicked. I would suggest finding a good balance on your team and utilize it as opposed to looking for a lynch pin. Personally, I utilized toxic on this gym and really had to just endure the physical abuse. What is your lineup now and where would you be struggling. Have fun and be creative; don't worry so much about countering.

The only pokemon with that combo is Togekiss and i dont know if your Mystery Egg happens to hatch into Togepi~Like mde said, psychic might be the answer to Kiki, the only non legendary duo psychic/fighting in pokemon games are Gallade and Medicham, and Kiki has one of them, their major flaws are their frail defense and abysmal special attack, as long as you have hard hitting physical attack mons, they will not pose a threat, or you can use a mon who can wall their attacks, Grimer/Muk for example(even psychic or zen headbutt from Medicham will not do much, which i doubt Kiki has)~

I forgot to mention the problem with psychic types on Kiki is that three of her pokemon are only resisted neutrally.

Her Gallade, Lucario and Medicham all take neutral damage but with field boosted damage both get hurt.

I beat Kiki (albeit after like 50 tries) with an Unpheasant that got an accuracy drop every turn. I'd recommend finding some others.

If you get a togepi mystery egg you have good luck. Other than that you can get a granbull or wigglytuff in terms of fairy types. I think that they are the two main choices.

Simple Swoobat(aka Sweepbat in this case) by far is the best medicine against Kiki. One clam mind and you can just sweep her team like nothing, I actually beat her without taking any damage on my psychic/ice run using just Swoobat and Gothirita. Just be careful of Toxicroak's sucker punch and Medicham.

HOWEVER flying is not bad at all provided you're not using a special flying move. Acrobatics, wing attack, drill peck, pluck and aerial ace don't kick up any sand and coming from a strong enough physical attacker work well against Toxicroak/Gallade/Medicham/Hitmonlee who have less than stellar defenses. On my flying monotype I beat those 4 with Dodrio alone who gets drill peck at level 41. His reasonably solid attack and speed + drill peck tears her team apart.

You will need it for something even bigger. Just keep the leech seed (and prankster)

For Kiki, you can always use the various Poison types to wall the Fighting moves, and use Swoobat's speed and Calm Mind to deal with the big threats. Even if you have to switch around, you should have no problems.