Ymora Academy [OOC / Sign-Ups Closed]

Chim

The idea behind the RP:

Hey Diary, it’s me again! Everyone’s favorite Pokémon trainer and future professor! Haha, I’m just kidding. A failed attempt at humor, I must admit, since I’m not really in the mood for jokes.

Traveling through Johto was definitely a good idea. I’ve seen a lot while traveling other regions but what I saw today was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It has strengthened my resolve to do something, to change this world as we know it. Anyway, I’m drifting of. I was on my way to Goldenrod City to meet up with professor Oak, who was visiting for a radio show in the Radio Tower. I was almost there when I saw two kids having a battle. I could see that both were rookies, conquering their first league; or at least trying. I remember one kid saying he had 6 badges and the other only had 1. The kid with the 6 badges was using a Donphan and was rather skilled; the other had a Magmar out. I was fascinated. Magmar is a rather rare Pokémon and I was curious how this rookie would handle it while having a disadvantage. The outcome was clear. The rookie kept ordering for fire attacks, while Donphan easily took it and dished out some ground moves. Magmar fell after doing a rather decent job and the rookie completely lost it. I was about to go when I heard screaming. The skilled kid was lying on the ground; his face covered in flames. The rookie just stood there smiling while his Magmar obviously felt terrible about it. The look in the fire type’s eyes, I will never forget it.
Luckily I had my Slowking with me. I warned the police and brought the wounded boy to the hospital as fast as I could, only to find out the burns were too severe. The boy would have to live on with scars on his face but what was worse was the mental trauma. And the culprit, you ask? Well, the authorities couldn’t do anything. He was underage and made a ‘mistake in judgment’ and still had to learn what sportsmanship was. All the psycho had to do was say: “I’m sorry; I’ll never do it again.”

Next week I’m going back home with new convictions. Something has to change with this messed up system. During my travels I’ve seen a lot. People stealing Pokémon or robbing little kids, Pokémon going out of control and destroying everything, accidents happening because of inexperienced trainers, petty arguments about paying after losing a battle, but never ever have I seen a trainer order a direct attack on another trainer. This system has to change and I will do it. I will accept the offer to become Professor Hazel’s assistant and with his help I will make a new system that will mean something. I won’t aim for small changes like they did years ago. Politicians who knew nothing about Pokémon changed the age from 10 to 12 and what did they reach?
“I’m sorry. I ruined your life. I won’t do it again.”

My decision to travel through the regions once again was the right thing to do. Even I couldn’t predict the results I’ve come up with. It’s time for a change.

C.R.

Ymora Region

The Ymora Region is famous for its breeding program. All kinds of Pokémon are being bred and requested all over the world, including by the professors in other regions. Furthermore this region is the birthplace of the new LT-system as well as having the most powerful League.

Ymora is located South from the Hoenn region and shares a similar climate when it comes to temperature. It’s warm through the entire year with a very hot summer and frequent rain showers in the winter. Snow can only be found on Snowpeak Mountain which is 24.681 feet high. Because the mountain stands alone people offer refer to it as ‘Lonely Mountain’ or ‘Fourth Brother’. It is located on the western part. The region is almost split in half by a mountain range; Boulder Hills. This range has 3 peeks so people called it The Three Brothers. Between these mountains is Valley Road; popular for being the safest passage from north to south and many vendors along the way. Valley City is located directly in the middle and is considered the heart of the region. Directly south of the Boulder Hills lies the Southern Forest; Ymora’s biggest forest and a part of it is under the Academy’s direct supervision.

The south-east part of Ymora is famous for its natural hot springs. The waters are deep and it’s advised not to go swimming there. From the different havens tourist boats make a tour around the small islands. Under these islands is a gigantic underwater volcano that’s still active, causing steam and hot water. The volcano is connected to the natural hot springs on land.

The main attraction in the northern part is Cape Ducklett; famous for its beautiful beaches. Many tourists come here to relax and to take the Safari Tour. This tour includes visiting the Safari Park; including a swamp area for certain Pokémon species and Hippowdon Reservoir; a small desert-like area where Pokémon live.

History

Recently a group of archeologists discovered written scrolls about history. Not every part is readable but the part that survived tells about a dark history. The records start 120 years ago when the regions, as we know them today, were divided into 43 Kingdoms. It was a dark time. The human race, who didn’t understand anything about Pokémon, used their powers to wage war with each other. Kingdom after Kingdom fell. Some surrendered, others got conquered and one even self-destructed. After 45 years of suffering only 17 remained standing.

One of these Kingdoms was the Kingdom of Greadia; located south of Boulder Hills. Greadia was considered one of the most powerful ones and many tried to make an alliance with them. But King Reynard refused. He was a young but wise King that preferred peace. The records tell that he didn’t want his children to grow up in a war, but not everyone shared his opinion. In the end he was betrayed, by whom the records don’t tell, but war threatened the Kingdom of Greadia once again for another 10 years. And then the war suddenly stopped. Records speak of a meeting of Kings held in Greadia, but no one knows the reason why. Those records were lost.

The last scroll tells the story about the youngest son of King Reynard; Prince Edmund. The young prince was mature for someone who just turned 10 years old and he had discovered something. Pokémon bonded with people after spending time with them and they loved friendly battles. It helped them grow as both a species and an individual. So the young prince, who never left the castle because of the war, wanted to see Grealia with his own eyes while traveling with his Pokémon. The King, who was tired of arguments, agreed on one condition. He summoned some of his very best knights who gained achievements through the war. He gave them each land spread out through his Kingdom so his son could travel to them and challenge them to a battle. Only when the young prince defeated all 8 knights, he would be rewarded by fighting the Kingdom's 5 strongest warriors.

The last part on the scroll contained a summary. After the borders were open for tourists, other Kingdoms copied the system. Some saw it as a tool of training potential soldiers, while others took it even further and organized a big event where everyone could battle each other after defeating 8 knights. The very first Pokémon Leagues were being held.

But this system was all but perfect. Incidents through the entire Kingdom happened. Some Pokémon went berserk because their trainers couldn’t control them, others used them to rob innocent people and some children went missing to never be seen again. Maybe they got caught in an accident, maybe something worse happened, but no one knew. There was no media to report it, no records kept by the authorities. Years went by using this imperfect system.

Meanwhile humanity made progress. There were no wars being fought, brilliant minds started researching Pokémon and technology made progress. It was one of these inventions, radio, which was the demise of the Kingdoms. Accidents were recorded and reached the commoners ears, reports of missing children and people abusing Pokémon to rub innocents were the daily reports. The commoners begged the King to do something about it, but they did not see any change. It was then that the rats of society, power hunger people, gained influence. They started preaching about everything had to change and started working together to expand their influence, even across the borders. They came up with a new system that sounded like music to many peoples ears. 12-year olds could now start a journey under the supervision of a famous professor. In return for keeping track and giving rookie trainers a suitable Pokémon that most likely wouldn’t go berserk, they would receive extra funds from the government. They also preached about how a democracy would benefit everyone. People would have a say in what happened in the Kingdom, something that was denied to them for a long time. As a results royal families lost power and Kingdoms merged forming a Region under the ‘guidance’ of a government chosen by the commoners. Power to the people! Everything for the commoners! Hooray for the new system! It sounded pretty good 40 years ago, but it didn’t change anything.

Luckily most corrupt government officials lost power over the years. They kept playing dangerous games to increase their influence and every now and then it would backfire. It did when television and political shows came out and people noticed the trainer system hadn’t changed for the better. Things went completely wrong for said officials when evil teams appeared almost simultaneously throughout different regions. People started to panic when Hoenn almost got destroyed by Legendary powerhouses, Sinnoh was on the verge of being sucked in a different dimension, Team Flare blew an entire village up in an attempt to destroy Kalos, meanwhile Team Rocket robbed people and in Unova Team Plasma self-destructed and is still fighting one another. And all of this happened in just three years.
It was then when a certain brilliant professor released a paper he had been working on for many years. He had the support of all important professors and his contained research from professors Oak and Rowan, who vouched for it.

Professor Redwood’s LT-system gained international attention and convinced Ymora’s government. They agreed to fund the Academy that Redwood already started building. And while other Regions were still debating and arguing about what should be taught and what not, the first graduates from Ymora’s Academy participated in the League 5 years ago. What they showed was outstanding. They obliterated every non-graduate and convinced everyone; from government officials to people opposed to the idea. Pokémon battles became more popular than ever and the League attracted more public which increased the economy. Ymora blossomed under this new system.

Timeline

It is still unclear how the world was shaped. Many believe it to be Arceus, but they do not know when he did it. Thus the oldest scrolls that were found were used to create a new calendar. In the meantime fossils and other remains are found everywhere as a sign there was already life before the first year, when nomads and tribes traveled around the world.
Year 1: 43 Kingdoms formed or remained. Historians believe this to be the start of human development. The most popular theory is that tribes and nomads started to work together in order to survive and build something up; the first sign of human progress and the first year of the new calendar.
Year 45: After decades of warfare; 17 Kingdoms remained. Greadia was considered the strongest of them all. Negotiations for peace and alliances failed.
Year 55: All battlefields ceased to exist. After 10 years of war threating Greadia; peace was achieved.
Year 57: The young prince Edmund, age 10, started his journey through the Kingdom. The very first ‘Pokémon League’ was born without the King realizing it.
Year 61: Greadia and other Kingdoms opened their borders for travelers and tourists. Many Kingdoms copied what they saw in Greadia. Some saw it as on opportunity to keep an army, others used it to attract more tourists. The results were the same: 10 year olds starting a journey to beat the strongest Knights of the Kingdom; Pokémon League.
Year 75: Radio was born and reports of accidents and missing children were broadcast through entire Kingdoms.
Year 76: Citizens wanted a change in the system and the first politicians raised their voice. They used the anger and sadness of the people and rose to power.
Year 79: Kingdoms fell left and right. The last and proud Kingdom of Greadia followed.
Year 80: Government’s formed through the Kingdoms. The system changed to a Professor handing out starter Pokémon to 12 year olds.
Year 85: Regions were formed. The concept of television was born since the radio was corrupt.
Year 88: Everyone (or 95%) had television. Unfortunately it fell in the hands of corrupt politicians to gain more influence.
Year 97: Most TV-stations became independent after corrupt politicians lost their power. People were worried and started to question the system again.
Year 109 – begin 111: Evil teams showed up everywhere during these years. (Events happening in every region except Sinnoh) + professor Redwood proposes the LT-System. (Academy was already being built)
Year 111: Right when everyone thought the organizations were stopped, team Galactic’s plot happened. Ymora Region’s government immediately introduced the LT-system.
Year 112: Team Rocket and Team Plasma are only organizations confirmed to be active. Team Rocket mainly controls black market while Plasma members are fighting each other. + First students arrive at the Academy.
Year 115: The first graduates showed their skills to the world.
Year 116 – 118: The system changed in every region and Pokémon Academy was copied.
Year 120: This is where our story starts.

Licensed Trainer System

The LT-system is based on professor Redwood’s paper to change the old system were 12-year olds started a journey. Now they can just go to Pre-Academy (non-mandatory) for three years. However in the year future trainers turn 15 and they still want to go on a journey, they have to follow a 3 year training program at the Academy. They learn everything about Pokémon, sportsmanship and economics. When a student graduates, he or she receives a unique Pokédex that contains the trainer license. It gives trainers the right to challenge gym leaders, participate in tournaments, contests and all other battle-related things involved Pokémon. Trainers will also receive free treatment in Pokécenters.

With the system change, the gyms changed as well. Leaders have to meet certain quota to qualify as a gym leader. Right now there are 12 different gyms located through the entire region, under the supervision of the Leagues President (previous champion). Trainers have to beat 8 of them to earn the right to compete in the Ymora League.
It works similar for coordinators. The amount of contests increased to 10 and they have to win at least 5 of them to enter the Grand Festival.
And last but not least: Breeders that graduate receive an extra Breeding License. This shows their capability and helps them to start their own Breeding Facility or work in one.

But what really made this system unique was a Pokémon Danger List. Professor Redwood included certain Pokémon that shouldn’t be trained by rookie trainers. These Pokémon include species that have a rather violent nature, pseudo-legendries and Dragons. Especially combined they’re shown to go berserk if not handled correctly.

Academy

Head: Professor Craig Redwood
Assistants: Rebecca and Brendan. They help the professor with his studies and are usually the ones to show up when he needs something. They also pass on the paperwork in his name.
Board: A group of 11 people that keep a close eye on the Academy. Professor Redwood has to get their approval if he wants to make changes. They are also the ones that might to try and change something but everything is decided by majority rule. Current head of the board: Carolina Welsh.
Programs: Trainer program, Coordinator program and Breeder program. All three are playable.
- Trainer program: Everything a trainer needs to know. It varies from types to items to a Pokémon’s health. Students following this program usually aim to become a well-known trainer. They are the ones going around challenging gyms in the hope to beat the League. Some of them aim to become a gym leader, E4 member or even a Champion. It is very battle orientated.
- Coordinator program: They learn the same basics as a trainer, but the battle portion is slightly less. They also have the opportunity to perform in the Contest Hall; therefore they have classes orientated on how to make a Pokémon truly shine. This includes moves and accessories.
- Breeder program: This program is the least battle orientated. It’s very different from the other two as a Breeder usually decides on a certain type. Of course they learn about every type as well as how to recognize different eggs, egg moves (works different) and how to make sure they hatch properly. It’s a unique course that’s offered in Ymora. Breeders use their knowledge to their advantage in battle and aren’t to be underestimated.

Or as professor Redwood likes to say: “A true Pokémon Master has the heart of a trainer, the eye of a coordinator and the knowledge of a breeder.”

Teachers / Staff
- Devin Cadmus. Classes: Dragon Types & Pokémon Habitats
- Archibald Fisher. Classes: Economics & Medicine, lives in the male dorms
- Tyron Silva. Classes: P.E. and also the handyman
- Other teachers won't make an appearance / unimportant to the story.

Academy ground and buildings

The Academy Grounds are massive, including the forest. The borders are drawn by a stone wall of 8 feet in height and 2 feet thick. (2.5m by 1m)
The grounds mainly consist of large grassy fields with trees and some flower patches. In the summer students like to hang out at the various wooden tables that can be found. There are also 20 battle fields spread throughout the grounds. All of them are found either in pairs or in groups of 3. The northern border is made of caves based on the bottom of Boulder Hills.

Main building: When you enter the terrain, you’ll immediately see a massive building made out of white stone. It contains 7 floors; including the entry hall, a large gym at the back, a cafeteria on the 1st floor and a healing center on the 4th floor. The Academy’s Pokémon are also kept in the Professor’s Lab which contains the entire 7th floor.

Contest Hall: Students following the Coordinator Program use this all the time. It’s made out of the some stone as the main building. It has a big stage and some really crafty equipment to change the background and even the stage. Students can perform for an audience of over 300 people. Professor Redwood also uses it to hold the graduation ceremony and to welcome new students at the beginning of the year.

Arena: It is built with the idea of hosting the tournaments finals in here. Students have the opportunity to show the entire school what they got and aim to battle here. There is room for 500 spectators.

Training Facility: It’s the newest building and the pride and joy of the academy. It contains the newest equipment for improving a Pokémon’s individual skills. You can compare it to EV training or the Battle Club that was shown in the Black and White Series. If you look at it from above, it resembles a turtle.

Dormitories: Since the academy is internationally famous and students from all the different regions come here, there are large dormitories available. Students usually share a room with one other person from the same year. The boys’ dormitory is located next to the forest, while the girls dormitory is in the south-east corner of the grounds.

Academy Forest

The forest is located at the base of Boulder Hills and is a part of the much bigger Southern Forest.
Natural rock formations form the borders in both east and west while a fence keeps it separated from the Academy in the south. Students can’t leave the forest and that’s one of the reasons of the Academy’s location. A lot of Pokémon types are found here with the most common ones being Bug, Flying, Grass, Normal and Poison types. Other types can be found due to the small human alterations.

In the east there’s a bit of a sandy area where Ground types and others species you’ll find in a Desert environment are common. It’s also the main place to find Fire types, but some of them roam around free through the woods. In the rocky areas, which make up the northern border of the forest, you’ll find Rock, Ground and Steel types along those species that like to live in mountains. The caves are only partial open to students since it’s a real maze in there and it can be a bit dangerous.

Almost in the middle of the forest, located at the mountainside, you’ll find a natural lake. It’s rather big but most part lays hidden in a cave in the mountain. A lot of Water Pokémon can be found here, but if you want to enter the cave you’ll have to take a swim or go around and take a path in the mountains. There are also 4 human made streams that run through the entire forest in different directions that are connected to the lake. It’s easy to find different types of Pokémon along the streams.

In the western part there’s a cold cave, again altered by humans, where Ice types are found. They usually stay in the cave where snow machines keep a consistent amount of snow and when temperature threatens to rise, it blows cold winds. It doesn’t activate too much since the Ice types can keep it pretty damn cold themselves. This cave can be easily entered but be sure to dress warm.
At night Ghost and Dark types become more active and are found through the entire woods, but it’s strongly advised not to go at night for certain reasons mentioned below.

Even though the forest contains many different Pokémon and types, some are harder to find. Unless they have a common second typing, students have to look harder if they want to catch a Fighting, Psychic or Electric type.
Dragon and Fairy types are super rare. There aren’t many Fairy types to begin with and most don’t live in a forest, unless they have a common secondary typing. Others may not be found in the forest. Same goes for Dragons; there aren’t many Dragons around and most live in secluded areas. Over the years they have a rather ‘hard to tame reputation’ so only four Dragon evolution lines can be found: Flygon, Kingdra, Altaria and Noivern.

Uncatchable Pokémon
With all those Pokémon and students wanting to catch them, there are Pokémon keeping the balance and peace in the forest. They usually live in a group and are used as NPCs if necessary.

Available Pokémon / Evolutions / Moves / Battle Strength / Items & Training

Available Pokémon: Since the Ymora region is famous for its breeders all Pokémon from gen 1 up to 6 can be found. Most are available for a starting trainer with a few exceptions:
- Most Dragon types are considered too difficult to handle at first, so they aren’t available. PC’s have the opportunity to catch one a bit further into the storyline. Flygon, Altaria, Noivern and Kingdra are available early on. (At least their evo line)
- Pseudo-legendries aren’t allowed as a starter. Most have a pretty violent nature and are considered dangerous and should be handled with care. The only exceptions are Metagross and Goodra. Dragonite balances on the edge of being considered dangerous. Yet again, most are available a bit further down the story.
- Fossils are also rare but obtainable, with the exception of Tyrantrum. They are available early on in the story and can be found in the Academy’s forest.
- Legendary Pokémon are not obtainable. They are super rare and barely show themselves.
- Only 1 mega for each PC. Stones won’t be obtainable until far into the story.

Evolutions: Professor Rowan had a break through with his studies. He discovered that certain Pokémon need the outside influence of an item (you all know the list), extra energy that’s released when another Pokémon evolves (Pokémon you need to trade but don’t need items), or the influence of another species (Shelmet and Karrablast). Professor Rowan managed to build a prototype machine that will meet every expectation listed. Aside the one he has in his lab, he donated one to the Academy for usage. This means you don’t need to find someone else for an evolution trade. All you need to do when a Pokémon is ready, usually 15-20 levels after he last evolved, is to bring the required item, if any, and go to professor Redwood.

Evolutions based on happiness still work the same. If you choose a starter that evolves this way, its happiness is already high but the body can’t keep up. Usually the evolutionhappens around level 20-25. (Or not if you want to keep Eevee or something around).

Any Pokémon that reaches their final evolution by friendship or item, has to reach level 40 first! (Eevee is an exception at level 30)

Pokémon moves: They also work a bit different. I’ve split them up in amount of attacks, HM’s & TM’s and egg moves.
Recent study results showed that a Pokémon reaches his true potential when it knows 4 attacks and 2 support moves, making a total of 6. The support moves are things as Swords Dance or Spikes, but you can be original about it. Rapid Spin, if not used as an attack, can count as a protective move (like Gary did in the anime). Aside from spinning hazards away it will deflect attacks (watch out in doubles) and reduce the damage. Other moves can count as well but be creative with it and keep in mind they don’t damage your opponent.
- Egg moves are a bit special. Since Ymora is famous for its breeders, it only makes sense to allow egg moves. However, a Pokémon still needs to grow so every Pokémon can know 2 egg moves at the start if they are stab with max base power 75 and accuracy 100. If the accuracy is 90% or less, the power can be increased to 85. No coverage moves yet, since they will be obtainable through rigorous training. Support moves are allowed.
- HM & TM don’t exist. You can’t go around shoving discs in Pokémon. Instead Pokémon will learn these attacks (if they are able to) through special training or level up.

Leveling system: This is also split in 2 sections.
- Moves learned by level up: I don’t care about the levels that are used in game. As long as a Pokémon can learn it by level up, feel free to use it, but don't go overboard. A Pokémon needs to grow! Coverage moves, other egg moves and HM’s & TM’s are learned in the Training Facility.
- Actual level system: Levels are used to give the players an idea so there's a possibility 100 won't be the level cap. The higher your level, the more effort you need to put in. In the beginning it will go rather fast, so the hosts will keep this updated.

Battle Strength: Basically every Pokémon has its own strength and weaknesses. You can turn an Aggron in a tank which is capable of taking hits while having a Greninja that’s superfast and can dish out while being somewhat frail. Some Pokémon will be on a whole other level since there are characters that you can't beat right away / on your own. Finding a way to beat them is part of the story. As long as you don't powerplay, you can be as creative as you want.

Battle tactics and items: Items and berries aren’t allowed in Academy / League battles. Aside from that players are free to build a team however they want. Weather, mono, etc is all allowed. (Specializing in a type is very common in Ymora.)

The antagonist team will cheat and use underhanded tactics, but no items, except for berries!

Items & Training: Ymora Academy has a training facility for specialized training. (Compare it to EV training with machines). This is also the part where items are used. It's mostly additional information that characters can use and to complete the world.

About those items: these are mainly the ones used in competitive battling. They help with increasing stats.
- Choice Band: strengthens a Pokémon’s muscles by sending pulses to hit harder.
- Choice Scarf: you can alter the Scarf’s weight and let your Pokémon run around with it. After a while, its base speed will increase when you remove the Scarf.
- Choice Specs: sends pulses to the inner organs to gather more strength to use special attacks.
- Leftovers are to train stamina.
- Life Orb is for doing a lot of damage while losing stamina.

Ymora League

After the results of the first Academy’s graduates, the Ymora League received a make-over. There’s a president (ex-champion) who keeps an eye on everything. Currently there are 12 gyms: Water, Fire, Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Steel, Fairy, Flying and Bug. All leaders have to meet certain quota before they are given the position. Some are considered harder than others but a challenger only has to defeat 8 of them to compete in the League.

Ice and Rock don’t have a suitable gym location or leader yet. Grass, Electric, Dragon and Normal teams are used by the E4 so they don’t have a gym either.

Champion
The champion of the Ymora League is a strange one. He keeps his identity hidden and when he battles, his face and hair are covered by a scarf and hoodie. He avoids interviews and other public appearances. Once in a while he shows up for a demonstration battle for charity, but all communication goes through the League's chairman. There are only a few people who know his true identity.
The only thing known about him is that he’s male and somewhere between late twenties and early fifties.
Team: Over the past years the Champion used different Pokémon. His ace is a Mega Tyranitar.
Backstory: When the Ymora League switched to the Licensed Trainer System, the previous Champion organized a tournament to celebrate this event. The prize for winning was a place amongst the Elite Four as he planned to step down. There were many strong competitors, however one stood out. He covered his face with a scarf and hoody and he still battles that way. This man proved to be far stronger than the rest of the competition and was given the chance to join the Elite Four and battle them for the new top spot by using a playoff system. Many expected Devin to win, but in the end even he lost. The only words Drake spoke were ‘I should’ve known’ before bursting out into laughter.
Extra: His T-tar swept his opponent 6-0 in the Elite Four tournament finals. This was before mega evolving was discovered.

Elite 4
E4 members don’t have a set team. They tend to switch around between 8-10 Pokémon. Each of them has a Mega. The current members are:
Devin Cadmus. He’s the oldest and toughest member. He specializes in Dragon types.
Normal type specialist. (In progress)
Electric type specialist. (In progress)
Grass type specialist. (In progress)

Rise of Greadia (RoG: pronounced as Rock)

It’s a secret organization that isn’t known yet. They are behind some events that happened in the past. They remain secretive for the most part. If students encounter them; it will be under some kind of false disguise.
Most members joined because they fell out of society. They aren’t happy with the new system or their families used to be victims of corrupt politicians. Some of them still suffer the consequences. Despite all having their own reasons, they agree on one thing: bringing back the old system.
Leader: Unknown. Only the top 4 within the organization know his true identity.
Admins: There are 3 of them. They use full weather based teams and are too much for students to handle when fighting seriously. They also use codenames and very little people, even within the organization, know their real names. All 3 of them lead their own division.
Scientist: Known as Doc. He’s one of the three admins and second in command. He used to work for Professor Sycamore, but only the Leader knows his past. He secretly copied everything Sycamore had on mega evolutions before resigning.
Divisions: Each division works separated from each other with each having their own specialties. They fall under the responsibility of an admin. Each division is divided in teams.
- Intel & Research: Includes communication with spies, gathering of mission reports, recruiting, experiments… Members fall under Doc’s guidance.
- Exploration: This division supports from the shadows. They only carry out missions that might help with their goal or contains information towards it. The members are skilled in different ways as the missions mainly include locating ancient artifacts or other items. Besides having their own combat related teams, they have the most non-combatant members in the field.
- Combat: The name says it all. This division carries out mission over all the different regions. Missions can include: stealing, capturing Pokémon, infiltrations and supporting the other divisions. They have the most members and all of them are trained in combat.
Uniform: RoG agents don't wear uniforms. Instead they have an electronic badge containing their information. It’s also used to ‘greet’ a colleague when they meet each other for the first time. Each badge looks different by rank and they all have the same symbol of infinity (That 8 thing that’s lying down). Members usually disguise themselves based on their mission.
Ranks: Boss / Admin / Team Leader / Member. Only admins can make someone a team leader. It’s all based on performance during missions, battle strength, leadership and loyalty.

Playable characters

• First year students! This mean you’ll be 15. (Or 14 if your PC’s birthday is after September 1st. Older 1st years need a reason) Keep in mind you can be from any region as Ymora Region’s Academy is pretty popular and has the best educational system. You can have one starter already at lvl 8 before Academy starts. And you can choose between the Programs.

• Young RoG agents! You're the same age as a first year student and have successfully infiltrated the Academy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reserved for NPC overview

Academy

Professor Craig Redwood

Appearance: He’s 5’9” with slicked back black hair and brown eyes. He’s slender build and keeps up his shape by exercising and running. When he’s working he always wears a white lab coat.
Personality: He’s a true genius but doesn’t brag about it. He’s friendly, caring and helpful. He has a hard time refusing requests even if he has a busy schedule. He’s a quick thinker and resolved many problems in the blink of an eye only using his brains and friendly personality. People around him are quick to trust him.
Profession: He specializes on the behavior and mentality of both trainer and Pokémon. He works closely together with Samuel Oak as their specialty overlaps on certain parts. He’s famous for scientific articles he worked on with Oak and he’s the founder of the Licensed Trainer System. He has close contact with Professors Rowan and Sycamore in case he needs their opinion on evolution and how it relates to a Pokémon’s mental condition.
Pokémon Type: He uses all types of Pokémon. Most of the time he uses them in battle to research something or to demonstrate to students, but don’t underestimate his skills.
Backstory: He started his journey like any other kid back in the day. He was pretty good at battling, above average skills, but was more interested in Pokémon’s behavior and their thoughts. He traveled through many different regions, exploring new Pokémon and learning from the best Professors. They were all impressed by his brain and years later he’s still on good terms with all of them. He implemented the Licensed Trainer System.
Extra: He passes all the paperwork onto his secretary and other staff while he’s busy with his own studies, thus making him head of the Academy only in name.

Devin Cadmus

Appearance: A tall man (6’2”) with short red hear and small beard and grey eyes. He has a strong jawline. His arms and chest are muscular which gives him an intimidating look. He wears grey pants along with a white shirt.
Personality: Devin is a strict trainer without going overboard. He likes to let his Pokémon roam around free because he trusts them. Aside from that he’s calm, friendly and doesn’t hesitate to help people. He’s overall well-liked by people and his Pokémon. He won’t stand for mistreating your Pokémon.
Classes: Dragon types and Pokémon habitats.
Pokémon: Dragon types. Through the years Devin has used many different Dragons. His ace is a Mega Salamence.
Backstory: The oldest and most powerful member of the Elite Four. Devin doesn’t like the spotlight and usually avoids it. When the Academy was build, he didn’t hesitate to take up a position as teacher. Since people misused Dragon types, thus giving them a bad reputation, he's fighting to restore that misunderstanding. He strongly believes that a good education is the basics for excellent future trainers.
Extra: Devin is considered the strongest E4 member.

Tyron Silva

Appearance: Spiky brown hair. He’s 5’7” and as a bit of an athletic look. He’s always wearing something sportive and sweaty.
Personality: Tyron is very loud. When he teaches; he yells and laughs. When he’s doing chores; he’s either playing loud music or whistling. He’s always busy and likes to makes his students sweat. He takes his job as head of the male dorms serious and believes he’s responsible for them.
Profession: P.E. teacher. He’s also the handyman and has a room in the male dormitory. If one of his chores takes too long, he spends the night there in a spare room.
Pokémon: Multiple Pokémon linked towards hard work and brutal force. Most of them are rock / ground / steel or fighting types. His ace is a Machamp.
Backstory: Born and raised in Hoenn. His father, Sherman, owned a building company and came in contact with Redwood through Professor Birch. Redwood was looking for a company to build the Academy, while Sherman was looking for an opportunity to expend to the Ymora Region. After visiting and spending a holiday in Ymora, Tyron’s family decided to stay. After traveling for a while, Tyron came back when his father fell ill. Unfortunately the man died and to honor him Tyron asked for a job in the Academy his father built. That was 4 years ago, one year after the results of the first generation LT-system graduates.
Extra: The Academy means everything to Tyron. While his brothers run the Company, he only shows interest in the project his father was most proud of.

Archibald Fisher

Appearance: A chubby man who doesn't care about his looks. He always wears a worn out suit that's a size short because of his belly. The little gray hair he has left is usually uncombed and he has a bald spot in the middle of his head. He has brown eyes and a disapproving frown on his face. The circles under his eyes make him look even older.
Personality: An old bitter man that hates loud students that usually mumbles something about 'annoying brats' and doesn't care if people hear him. He also seems to hold a grudge against Devin Cadmus and only shows gratitude towards Redwood. Aside from that Archibald usually keeps to his own and barely socializes with his colleagues. When he isn't teaching, he's either yelling at students or in his room. The only thing he seems to enjoy is reading and quiet places.
Classes: Economics and Medicine
Pokémon: Roserade.
Backstory: Not much is known about Archibald Fisher. At one point he used to be a trainer. Old newspaper articles about a young Archibald can be found from when he won some local tournaments. He was referred to as an upcoming and talented trainer. However the last article that can be found about him, is from when he was 21 years old. “Favorite loses in first round”. “Never stood a chance”. On the picture Archibald's face hangs in shame.
Extra: Rumor goes that he's heavily indebted to Redwood because all of his belongings are in the male dorms where he lives.

RoG

Will be updated when they make an appearance

Extra (These characters play -most of the time- a small role, but are here to complete the world.)

Oswald

Appearance: A decrepit old man, hunched over with age. His bald head glints as it reflects the light, contrasting his few remaining dull yellow teeth. He's never seen in anything but a tatty set of dirty overalls.
Personality: Irritable, grumpy, not one to annoy. If you do you'll only ever hear disgruntled curses under his breath. He is especially proud of his adept grudge holding and capability to enact petty revenge.

Seriously, don't piss him off.
Profession: Only Redwood really knows. As far as anyone can tell, he acts as a groundskeeper of some sorts. But Tyron is the academies handyman... A popular topic of speculation when students find themselves bored between training and classes.
Pokémon Type: Oswalds only pokemon is his Geodude.
Backstory: Even Redwood doesn't know this. There are rumours though. Some say Oswald is the creation of a resident Ghost type, haunting the grounds he used to tend to in life. Others say he is the legal property owner of the Academy, a theory debunked when people went and found the deed that was in Redwoods name. Another theory says Oswald is a student who never graduated... His story may never be known. He certainly isn't volunteering the information..

• Support Squad

Standard sign up sheet:

Name:

Age: 14 - 15. Same age, but depends on birthday. Students graduate at 17-18. (Unless you have an idea for a non student character. If that's the case PM Chim and Dobs)

Hometown: (If Ymora PM Chim for more details)

Program: Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator

Starting side: Student or RoG (switching sides during the story is allowed)

Appearance:

Personality:

Starter: (level 8, gender, nickname, moveset)

Backstory: If RoG, include how they recruited your character.

Extra: Not really necessary. Example: Monoteam or not, ...

Example sign up:

Name: Kyle "Claude" Arliest

Hometown: Lumiose City

Program: Coordinator

Starting side: Student

Appearance: He's still a growing lad (So he hopes) and so is stuck at a diminutive 5"2. He's somewhat chubby, with blonde hair and ruddy red cheeks and tufts of blonde hair. Imagine a cherub if you can. His nose is somewhat crooked though, due to him pissing someone off and getting it broken. Typically wears bright clothing, pink will always be featured in his outfit, even if it's only his scarf.

Personality: Claude is a very expressive and bright person with his friends. If he wants to say something, if he wants to do something or play with his pokemon then he will. Of course this impulsive behaviour doesn't hide the calm nature he can display when dealing with his friends and problems he faces. He can keep his cool on the stage, even thriving off of the attention. Off the stage though Claude can be somewhat of a coward, especially when it comes to rock types...

Starter:

Doux the Cottonee

Level 8

Ability: Prankster

-Absorb

-Fairy Wind

-Growth

-Leech Seed

-Tickle

Jessica the Buneary

Level 5

Ability: Run Away

-Double hit

-Pound

-Splash

-Copycat

-Defence curl

-Teeter Dance

Backstory: Kyle grew up in the famed Lumiose city, a place brimming with culture and innovation and free expression. This upbringing led him to be a very flamboyant and extravagant person who insisted on everyone calling him Claude, for better or for worse. This flair for showcasing his thoughts drew an interest in contests as he took notice of the contests in Sinnoh and Hoenn. He once went to Hearthome city to try his hand at contests with his trusty Cottonee, Doux, and promptly failed. After failing, He took it very hard, he decided to make sure he knew what he was doing and signed up to train as a coordinator at the pokemon Academy.

Extra: Claude is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Accepted PCs:

Hukuna:

Name: Emberly "Drake" Everburn.

Program: Trainer

Appearance: Emberly has Ember Orange Hair that flows all over the place. Her eyes are a deep sparkling green. She is 6'2", which is rather tall for someone her age. This has lead to quite the awkward situation every now and then. However, the rest of her appearance highly varies. Emberly doesn't have much of a care for what she looks like, so long as she is presentable etc... So it is rather ramshackle at times. She tends to wear orange with baggy sweatpants or jeans. She never wears anything considered "girly".

Personality: An over the top, loud, and fiery young woman. Emberly is passionate about anything she cares about, though tends to not give a damn about other things. She is a free spirit and one that strives to be the best at things she likes. She will passionately fight to the end for the things she believes. However, she is a bit of an airhead at times. Her fiery personality and led many to likening her to a Dragon, due to how wild and strong her personality is.

Starter:

Whisper ((Growlithe)) lvl 8.

Ability: Justified ((Intimidate doesn't fit her personality and people are just going to be buttlords and play around Flash Fire, since "lol, why'd I ever hit a Fire type with a FIre move?"))

Moves:

-Flame Wheel

-Odor Sleuth

-Helping Hand ((I better get a chance to use this...))

-Bite

-Reversal

-Ember.

Species: Aron

Nickname: Treble

Level: 5

Moveset: Rock Tomb, Metal Claw, Mud Slap, Stomp, Automatize, Screech.

Where Emberly is loud and outgoing, Whisper is her opposite. She's quiet and often quite scared of many people and things. However, she fiercely wants to protect Emberly and prove that she's able to protect her. She will do anything to make Emberly proud of her and battles her hardest to earn this.

Hometown: Cinnabar Island

Backstory: Emberly had always been a very out-going person ever since she was little. Though, she almost had to be. She was always taller than the other kids by bounds and leaps. it made her a rather easy target to pick on as it was something very obvious. Of course, she never really let it get to her. She never cared what other people thought of her. Whether or not she was a freak she didn't really care. She was just easily more unique than others. It only made her more the eager to prove those people wrong and to show them that she wasn't really all that different. She decided though that she wouldn't isolate people in the way she felt she was.

In fact, it's how she met Whisper, her invaluable partner. Emberly lived in the relatively small community on Cinnabar Island in Kanto. It was never a huge town but big enough you might not know every person by name. One of her neighbors had a group of Growlithe puppies that they had recently gotten from a group of friends and where giving out to some of the children and families so that they had a nice home to go too. Nearly all of them were scooped up instantly other than one. She was a shy dog who didn't really get overly excited when people were looking into the box her and her siblings were in. She always got pushed to the back by the big brutes, after all she was the runt of the litter. The smallest Growlithe there. No one really wanted a runt and so she ended up being isolated because of her size. Emberly... wasn't happy about this and despite not really having the go ahead to do so from her parents or really even the room in her home, scooped up the small dog anyway. It wasn't fair for her to be picked on for her small size and to not find a home. So, the giant took the runt under her wing. "We're both freaks huh? I'm way too big, and you're way too small. Maybe the both of us make up the difference. However... how about we show them? Show them that we aren't so different. That we can be strong just like them and everyone else?" Those were the first words Emberly spoke to the little pup she was holding in her arms. In reply, the little dog barked a quiet bark. Her nerves made it so small. But it was clear it was in agreement. At least to Emberly it was. The Growlithe answered with naught but a Whisper. And that was to be her name. Of course, Emberly's parent's weren't all that happy when she brought home the little pup, but they eventually came around. They thought it a good thing their daughter did, even if it was very rash. It was how Emberly had always been. She had a big heart, even if it was easily trampled on. Her and Whisper were inseparable, the pup never left her side. Though she was usually seen cowering behind Emberly's leg or hiding in her arms. She was a timid one and Emberly was anything but. Their personalities even seemed to be opposites. And yet they were so drawn together.

The two set their goal in mind, to be the most powerful trainer and Pokemon duo ((for the time being)) in the world. They would show all those that doubted them, those that thought a runt was good for nothing, and that a girl her size was something strange. They had everything to prove and they would face that long road despite the grief that may lay ahead. After all, what did they have to lose? People didn't believe in them already. They had everything to gain and they could only move up from where they were now.

Extra: Nothing here for me.

Murdoc:

Name: Tsukihashi "Kage" Kageharu

Hometown: Mossdeep City

Program: Breeder

Appearance: Medium-length brown hair, cut short enough that it isn't a pain to manage. Vibrant, cobalt-blue eyes. Slightly shorter than average, with a frame that is similarly a bit light, though well-muscled due to athletic activity. Eyebrows are a bit more prominent than usual and are relatively expressive compared to what one might expect. Has a firm, rather loud manner of speech. Prefers jeans and jackets, though he will dress in pretty much anything and will often end up in eye-wrenching combinations of clothing if no one helps him choose them. Often wears a pair of sunglasses.

Personality: Straightforward, disliking overly complex ideas and systems. Neither intelligent nor unintelligent, but hardworking. Kage enjoys social interaction for the most part, though his habits of voicing any complaints immediately tends to put some people off. Not the most charitable type, but always repays anything he considers to be a debt. Stubborn.

Starter: Lucas (Ralts, male)

Ability: Telepathy
-Confusion

-Shadow Sneak

-Disarming Voice

-

-Double Team

-Teleport

Sasaki (Aron) Lv. 5

Ability: Heavy Metal

-Tackle

-Mud Slap

-Metal Claw

-

-Harden

-Stealth Rock

Backstory:

Spoiler
Kage was born in Mossdeep City as Akemi, always seemed to defy convention to an extent. Some thought that he would turn out as a sort of "delicate flower," at first due to his attraction to the arts (as much as a toddler can be so) and later due to a condition that caused his vision to begin deteriorating at about 5. He was legally blind by 7, and by 8 had lost all vision. However, the boy defied expectations (and, occasionally, school authority) by turning out to be brash and athletic, preferring to play sports to the best of his ability and managing to get into more than one fight (which he won more often than not) when he wasn't listening to music or attempting to produce it himself. When his condition worsened, he staunchly refused to get any more special assistance than he received already from Lucas, who was gifted to him by his parents on his fifth birthday, hoping that the generally gentle-natured Pokemon would mellow him out.

While he didn't receive exceptional marks in school by any standard, he kept up with the average without taking advantage of the numerous resources his parents, who are both researchers at the space center, could have provided to him. As the boy showed a surprising amount of care toward Pokemon, despite his attitude toward people, it didn't come as a huge shock when he asked to attend the Ymora Academy, though at first his parents were unwilling to watch their child go off on their own. However, said child was stubborn and the parents could see no rational reason for not sending Kage to one of the best schools for a profession that he showed both ability and desire for, and so they relented and packed him off. However, he did fill out the forms himself, and there was one particular thing he "forgot" to write on his application...

Extra: If you didn't get it from the backstory, Kage is blind, and this time he's trans. He'll still act pretty much the same, though.

Commander:

Name: Luna "Citrine" Baldwin

Birthday: March 23

Appearance: While the pic is decent, she's a bit more tomboyish in her dress apparel as most of her shirts fit rather loosely on her.

Spoiler
6PqYnUP.png

Personality: Citrine is a bit of an oddball. She's very outgoing and enjoys teasing...to the point she really doesn't hide what she's thinking. Her happy go lucky lifestyle can be a bit unnerving especially in dark or depressing situation.

Pokemon:

Spoiler

Rosie (Skitty) Lv 8

Ability: Cute Charm

-Fake Out

-Tackle

-Mud Bomb

-Tail Whip

-Attract

Techie (Rotom)

Lv 5

Ability: Levitate

Moves:

-Astonish

-Thundershock

-Thunder Wave

-Charge

-Trick

Hometown: Pyrite Town

Background:

Spoiler
Citrine lived most of her life as a street rat in Pyrite Town, or at least that's what she tells people. Due to this lifestyle she is never really found of nice things and grew more found of men's clothing as it was cheaper to afford. Eventually, she encountered a boy named Henry in which she became "partners" with him by loaning her Vulpix to the boy so that he could double battle and win prize money. Battles were technically illegal without a license, but due to Orre's struggle to slowly reform illegal acts such as battling hardly get noted.Later on, Henry's dad finds out about her not having a family and adopt's her into the Baldwin family making her Henry's half sister.

Late in the Spring, Henry decides to accept his father's offer to attend the Ymora Academy to become an official Trainer. The illegal battling eventually paid a toll on Henry as he ended up getting attacked and received a fatal injury on his leg. Knowing he'll have trouble walking, he asks for Citrine to take his place at the academy claiming she's the one who truly deserved it. At first she says no, saying she could never battle with Zuko, her Vulpix, which is why Henry gave her his Skitty and eventually convinced her to say yes.

She asked Henry what program he was going into and he responded Coordinator. She was surprised he was into such a girly thing. He explains how it isn't girly and goes into a deeper discussion that it's a different form of battling...kind of like how her brain works. She simply tells him she'll give it a chance as it'll get his dad off her tail for actually liking a girly sport.

Extra:

-Citrine has a very high metabolism and "the hunger of a Snorlax" as Henry called it. She earned the nickname Citrine due to this and Citrines being her favorite food.

-Her real last name is Fitzgerald, though she doesn't like to talk about her real family claiming she's really a Baldwin.

Turbo:

Name: Robert Tsuyo
Hometown: Dewford Town
Starter: Kiai(Riolu) (in depth info is in 'Team' Spoiler.)
Appearance: Tanish-White skin from where he lives, Has brown eyes and brown hair. He wears glasses and his normal attire is a T-Shirt and long pants with tennis shoes.

Spoiler
o6weif.jpg

Personality:

Spoiler
Robert is a generally optimistic trainer who gives people a fair shot of trust. He tends to put his full effort forward forward when it comes to battling or even training, hopeful that his best is enough. His loyalty and morals are something he prides himself on, sometimes being to a fault and other times the two clashing.

As for with his Pokemon, while he'll do his best to train them and himself, when not training Robert tends to be the close and caring kind of trainer. The one big moral Robert holds is that he won't catching a Pokemon who does not want to join it self.

Backstory:

Spoiler
Having been born and raised Dewford, along with the fact that his mother was a gym trainer, Robert had always been a huge fan of the Dewford Gym Leader
Brawly. He always imagined being a trainer as well, but when it finally came to the day that he'd be able to catch his first Pokemon... He just couldn't bring up the nerve to do it, as he truly believed doing so would mean he's taking one away from their home.

Eventually on his 11th birthday he received a better present than he could imagine: A Pokemon Egg from
Brawly. While still unsure of himself, after some comforting words he accepted the egg happily. A few months of care afterwards it hatched and brought out a Riolu, much to Robert's joy.

A year or two down the road the Riolu started to grow a bit more impatient, wishing they could actual train all out and travel. As such Kiai finally got his chance in the form of a few kids trying to take Pearls away from a Clampearl by force, charging into battle with Robert short behind. As the battle went on Kiai started to be exhausted and pushing himself to win. With the other trainer calling to end it the Sableye launched one final attack at the injured Riolu. Unsure if Kiai would be able to take the hit, Robert jumped over and shielded Kiai with the next few things he felt was a strong attack on the back and blacking out until waking up in the midst of being nursed back to health. While a faint scar was left he eventually recovered, he eventually settled an apology between him, the other trainer and her Sableye.

More recently he had heard that his submission to Ymora Academy had been accepted, happily packing up his things and waving goodbye to his family, friends and Brawly, hoping to make them all proud.

Team as of now:

Spoiler

Kiai - Riolu (Male)
Spoiler

Level: 8
Ability:Prankster
-Quick Attack
-Counter
-Vacuum Wave(Can be removed if deemed necessary)
-
-Foresight
-Endure
Izzy (Espurr-Female) Lv. 5
Attacks
-Scratch
-Covet
-Confusion
-
Support
-Leer
-Yawn(One of the suggestions)

Appropriately named Kiai to be 'Fighting Spirit', he fights with the hope to give it all he's got. While with Robert he tries to fill a buddy-like role, Kiai does his best but can often fail at taking a leadership role when it comes to new members. Kiai does his best to keep calm and happy in an attempt to match his trainer, but he's often the first to snap simply from who he is.

Hiss:

Name: Mie Tachibana
Birthday: March 8
Appearance: Mie sports long silver hair reaching back down to hip-level and red eyes. She stands at 5 feet 6 inches and is slender overall. Her typical attire generally consists of an unzipped gray hoodie, a red short-sleeved t-shirt, cargo pants, and sneakers.

Spoiler

I was going to try and use that trainer creator but I can't exactly pull silver hair on that so I tried to use a FaceClaim...only to find one that fits closely enough. Just think of Mie as a younger version of the character in the spoiler tag...well, basically with a smaller bust...
Spoiler

94ZuKu7.jpg

Personality: Mie suffers from an inferiority complex. Mie is the type who sees the world around her as full of people who are far better than her. Normally, people would call this humility, but in Mie's case, it's a sign of her complex. Despite the complex, Mie is actually highly competent and analytical. However, as a result of this complex, Mie lacks a sense of self-confidence. This tends to cause her to hesitate frequently and makes her come off as incredibly shy. Still, she has her own personal mantra to get her past her hesitations. "It's alright. Everything is just fine."
Starter: Kagari (Vulpix) Lvl 8

Spoiler
Ability: Drought
Moveset:
-Ember
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip
-Will-o-Wisp
-Fire Spin
-Feint Attack
Yukiko (Snorunt-Female) Lv. 5
Ability: Ice Body
Moveset:
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Hex
Rollout

Protect
Double Team

Background: When Mie the tender age of three, the Tachibana family moved from Ecruteak City to Castelia City. Whenever Mie asked why they did this, her parents would always say that they were able to get better jobs in the city. Unfortunately for Mie, the city life was never something she was suited to. Due to the busy nature of Castelia and its people, she felt like she would get lost in the crowd far too often.

In fact, the girl was never what one would call a social Butterfree. The girl was often fairly shy and as a result, she tended to isolate herself from the rest of the kids around her. After all, she felt like everyone around her was far more capable than her. In the end, the city life definitely did not help.

Due to her parents working late on a regular basis, Mie would often finding herself going to a small grassy park-like area near the central fountain late at night in order to get away from hustle and bustle of the city. Every so often, she would encounter wild Pokemon who would wander in to the area.

On a night just like any other, she befriended a Vulpix that ended up passing through the area. After coming to her at the night repeated times, it eventually started to follow her home. Eventually, Mie decided to try and take the Vulpix in and after finally working up the courage to ask her parents, they were surprisingly receptive.

After a few years, Mie's parents suggested that she try to go become a trainer to help her work on her confidence issues. Mie agreed and got accepted at Ymora Academy, much to her surprise.

Exlink:

Name: Wolt Royce

Starting Side: Student

Appearance: 5,7 with a somewhat pale skin. His hair is dyed an azure blue and he wears a black and white cap backwards over it. He has dark blue eyes and glasses with the frames only covering the top half of the lenses. Not fat, but not overly muscly either. Has a white shirt with a blue X that goes across his torsos. Over that Wolt has a button up half cloak. Blue jeans and tennis shoes that have black soles and a white base. A blue stripe goes across the outside of the shoe as well.

Spoiler

Working on a sketch for him, probs be done in a week or two.
CPmXkCWUEAAMSSu.png

Personality: Wolt is a bit overconfident and cocky, and hell tend to underestimate the people around him. He boasts about how great his dad is and how great hell become because of it. Strength is all he values in a pokemon, thinking that he only needs strong ones to will lead him to the top. Hes not a mean guy, he just may get of peoples nerves from time to time with his boasting

Starter: Sneasle (Inigo) lvl 8

Ability: Keen eye
Moves: Scratch, Ice Shard, Pursuit, Leer, Taunt

Pokemon: Eevee (Female lvl.5)

Nickname: Athena

Ability: Anticipation

Attacks: Tackle, Swift, Bite, Quick Attack

Supports: Baby-Doll Eyes, Tickle

Backstory: Born in Sinnoh, Snowpoint City, Wolt was the son to one of the winners of the Sinnoh League. Evan Royce, the name of his father, didnt much care for the responsibilities of being champion nor did he think him and were strong enough for it, so Evan declined the offer to fight the Elite 4 and the Champion. He then moved to Snowpoint City to spend the rest of his life with his soon to be wife he had engaged to on his journey. The days after, he worked at the nearby docs, loading and unloading cargo.

Soon Wolt was born, and ever since he was a kid he dreamed to be as good as or even greater than his father, wanting to surpass where he walked away. When he was 13 he convinced he dad to let him have a pokemon, they caught one on the nearest route and it just so happened to be a Sneasle. His father gave him the nickname Inigo, named after one of his friends he had traveled with. Wolt didnt get the idea of giving a nickname for his pokemon, what was so wrong about just referring to him as Sneasle. This led to a problem with him and his father.

His father disapproved of Wolts handling with his new Sneasle, he would never tell Wolt specifically what. This annoyed Wolt more then it shouldve, and his father forbid him for taking on the Sinnoh League. For the next half a year the two always bickered about whether or not to Wolt go on a journey. But then his mother found Ymora Academy, and suggested that in one year if Wolt had changed in the way his father wanted hed be able to go take the journey when he came of age. But if he didnt Wolt would have to head back to Snowpoint and help his father work at the docs and give up on the whole journey idea. Wolt accepted these terms and now he heads to Ymora to prove his father wrong and that he is able to handle a journey around Sinnoh.

Assery

Name: James Edwards
Birthdate: February 18
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Appearance: James has semi long black hair that stops around his shoulders with part of it covering his left eye. His eyes are a chocolate brown. He stands at about an average 5'6'' though in comparison to his brother he's quite short. He usually wears a gray shirt with a Black hooded Jacket over it. Black jeans and some sport shoes. James has a pendant with a yin-yang symbol inscribed into it given to him by his grandfather.
Personality: James is rather laid back and lazy preferring to stay inside instead of going out to explore or play with friends. Reading or watching TV are what he usually does though from time to time he wanders around his hometown. Playing with his grandfather's Houndoom and it's children is what he used to pass the time as well as playing board or video games with his brother Daniel. He's always prefered going for riskier moves that could backfire heavily but could potentially help him out immensely. High risk, High reward he says. This doesn't mean he isn't a logical thinker however as he's quite capable of doing that.
Starter: Crescent the Absol. Level 8. Male
Spoiler
Ability: Super Luck
Naughty Nature
Moves:
Feint Attack
Bite
Leer
Me First
Quick Attack
Crescent is larger than your average Absol. He's taken a liking to James and thus stays around him acting as a guardian of sorts. One of his favourite pastimes would be causing trouble or annoying his trainer and does so with near perfect timing.

Species: Duskull

Name: Gasster

Moves:

Haze

Disable

Night Shade

Ominous Wind

Feint Attack

Spoiler
Backstory: Growing up, James was a reclusive child preferring to stay inside contrary to his more extra-verted brother who had a lot more friends though considering how small their hometown was, that wasn't saying much. His father worked at the nearby Opelucid City as an accountant while their mother was a nurse at the local hospital. Due to the nature of their jobs as well as them being busy with other things, the two weren't home that much so James and his brother Daniel had to be looked after by their grandfather who lived with the family quite frequently.
One day, the brothers decided to wander outside of the town after Daniel 'convinced' him, into the woods that surrounded it even with the rumors that surrounded that area. Eventually, the older brother decided to go back home while James remained for a while longer, intrigued by the area. While walking back through the forest, he stumbled upon the home of a Zangoose who started chasing the kid for a while. Eventually the ferret had enough of their game of cat and mouse and tried to kill James if not for the interference of an Absol who managed to intimidate the Zangoose away. Thankful towards the large Absol, the boy approached him and started petting him. When he left for home, the Absol seemed to follow him for some reason, even walking into the house much to the shock of James's grandfather and Daniel. Not much of a superstitious fellow unlike some others in the town, the old man let it by allowing the Absol to stay there. James's parent's encouraged the boy and gave him a Dusk Ball to capture the Absol into. Though the Large Feline was suspicious, he warmed up to the idea and eventually came with the boy willingly, might as well keep the kid out of trouble one would say.
Once James reached 15, His grandfather showed him a leaflet about an Academy in a decently far off region called Ymora. Though there was one in Unova that his brother was already attending, James liked the idea of going to a distant region and decided that this would be where he'd go.
Strat

Name: Mayanna Colbez
Hometown: Shalour City, Kalos
Starting Side: Students
Starter: Spinda, Male ("Folie")

Appearance

Spoiler

A young woman standing at 5"6. Maya has an Lean and agile build, and a fair complexion with long, raven black hair tied back into a low ponytail and two long bangs framing her face. She has an aquiline nose, which a heavy and haphazard band of freckles runs across the bridge of. Her eyes are a deep Cobalt Blue, with small flares of golden green around the pupils.

For her typical Attire she often wears slate grey Cargo Pants or shorts with Black Boots, finger-less gloves of the same color, and a White, Double-breasted Hoodie over top of a plain black undershirt. In the colder months she replaces her hoodie with a red-accented, white long coat instead.

Spoiler

Basic Reference:

zf1meF4.png

Personality

Spoiler

Devoted and Fiercely Loyal. Maya is someone who is reliant mostly on others for a sense of purpose and direction, and is willing to work hard in order to keep the promises she makes to people. Rather than outright force or power, she prefers to use cunning and wit in order to solve problems, while still trying to retain at least a flare of grace about her methods; something which directly carries over heavily into her battling style and choice of team members. She views mistakes both on and off the field of battle as merely opportunities to learn.

Though usually quite levelheaded and perceptive, the level of attachment and faith Maya often places in those close to her can come off as being Naive at times; Ironically though, these same qualities are the very reason that Maya would sooner try to save and redeem a friend than to condemn them.

She has somewhat of a phobia towards motor vehicles and the riding therein due to her childhood; however, the one thing she dreads more than anything else in the world is the feeling of being lost and alone without a cause or a purpose.

Backstory

Spoiler

Born in Shalour City to parents who were rather... well-off, let's just say. Maya and her twin Brother Firon enjoyed a decent enough childhood growing up. Firon had always idolized the Kalosi Champion and Elite Four, dreaming of someday becoming a great enough trainer to join them... Maya had no real idea what exactly she wanted to do. At the age of 11 however, Their lives changed on the night of a fatal car accident which killed their parents... and also took her brother's ability to ever walk again.
  The two orphans were ultimately taken in by a close friend of their late father: a man by the name of Caidmus Wilk. Wilk had known their parents for over two decades, and while he hadn't seen the two children since back when they had been small, He still nevertheless felt an obligation and a duty to keep the promise he once made to his old friends. Caidmus did his best to acclimate the children, and though he was staunchly resisted at first, eventually his repeated efforts managed to finally break through.

Even in their new life with their Foster Father though, things were far from perfect. Firon had dreamed of one day going of and becoming a trainer, becoming one of the best and the strongest... but bound to a wheelchair, that dream had been all but annihilated by fate. Even if he had managed to be accepted into one of the Academies given his disability- everything after graduation, his entire career, would've still been rendered virtually impossible for and killed before it even began; The sad fact of the reality was, that no matter how much he wanted it or how much he tried, there would be no way in hell he would ever be able make the journey. His dream... had been stolen.

Or so Firon had thought. Seeing her brother, someone who had always been so bombastic and eager and enthusiastic, just suddenly give up on everything, like his life was over before it even really began... was something Maya couldn't bare to just sit and watch. She had no dream of her own, had no aspirations... didn't even know what she wanted to do or why... but she could still walk. Of the two of them, she could still do it, even if her amount of battling knowledge compared to his was minuscule at very best and non-existent at very worst.

And so it was that Mayanna made one promise to her brother: She would do it. She would go and become the Champion of Kalos for him. She would make sure his dream didn't die, just because his ability to realize it on his own had.

She knew it wouldn't be easy. She knew that if anything, the goal would've been near mind boggling hard. But she did not care... If it was for Firon, She would work however long and however hard she had to in order to keep the promise. And work hard she did. For the past three and a half years, infact. She had to practically beg Wilk to teach her how to even battle, something which for some reason the man was oddly against doing.
   Eventually though, he broke down to her persistance... but just to know whether or not she was really serious, He first Mega Evolved his own Scizor, a fierce female of the species named Erce, before Maya's eyes... And he explained to her how many years, no, decades he and his own partner had needed to work and train tirelessly just to get to the point he himself was at- and that even after all that time, he still was never as strong as a Champion would be.

And again... it didn't matter to Maya. She was willing to put in the work, how ever much it may be. And on that day, Wilk finally said yes... and not long after gave her a pokemon to use as her own partner- with a... catch in mind.

If the girl was truly adamant about this path, she would have to learn that pure power was not the end all and be all of everything. She would have to learn to avoid that one, crucial mistake that had always held so many other aspiring people from ever realizing the dream... and so he chose for her a pokemon that, in grand comparison to all the other fully grown species of the world, was... weak. A pokemon that could not evolve and would never evolve, and that she would simply have to make do with... a male Spinda.

Mayanna Colbez has worked for nearly four long years to develop her skills from absolutely zero what so ever, to an impressive fluency in knowledge and strategy. Carrying the promise she made and intent on not breaking it... she finally felt ready to apply to the Academy... and not to just any- but to the Head Academy.

To the Ymora Academy.

Team:

Spoiler

spinda.png

"Folie" (Pronounced Fo-Lee)
Spinda @Own Tempo
Male, Level 8
Support
-Teeter Dance

-Copycat
Attacks
-Dizzy Punch

-Rapid Spin

-Fake Out

-Icy Wind

Battle Themes:

Spoiler

Standard Battle Theme:

Spoiler

mawile.png

Mawile

Female lv5

@Sheer Force

Supports

-Sweet Scent

-Misty Terrain

Attacks

-Fairy Wind

-Iron Head (Gets it as a starting move in it's natural level up learnset)

-Bite

-Astonish

Extra:

-Maya has a Silver Pendant in the shape of a Crescent Moon, which she never takes off. Never.

-She prefers being called Maya, however will still respond to "May" or "Anna" to a lesser degree.

-There's a lot extra details here I'm voluntarily keeping out of the public light

Author

Name: Arthur "Artie" Harrow
Hometown: Nimbasa City
Appearance: Harrow is stronger than your average coordinator due to his athletic roots, causing him to put on far more muscle than most would expect from a glance. At a whopping 5'3", Artie is smaller than most in height, but mostly ignores it. Arthur tends to wear comfortable pants, a simple, unordained shirt, running shoes, and a light jacket due to the habits of his youth. His coarse, black hair is about an inch long in the front to keep it out of his eyes, while the sides and back maintain a consistent length of about twice that. Harrow's green eyes reflect the lights of the stage remarkably well. Unfortunately, his eyes are consistently covered with contacts to correct his nearsightedness.

Personality: Artie is a modest guy who lights up whenever he's on the stage. He's slow to work his way out of his shell and he has to do so in each distinct group he joins, but, once he's out, there is no way to get him back in. He cares deeply for those close to him and does his best to succeed alongside them, including Pokemon and humans alike. He's passively friendly and talkative, and is the sort of guy who makes fun of himself often, although he's somewhat defensive when challenged. Works hard to win, but won't shut up about how the results went afterwards regardless of who the victor may be.

Starter:
Monica the Larvesta (Female)
Ability: Flame Body
-Magnet Rise
-String Shot
-Ember
-Bug Bite

Backstory: The Harrows had long since been lords of the battlefield with a rigorous training regime for both their Pokemon and themselves. It became a family tradition to equally train one's partner and body and to participate both in the ever-popular Pokemon battles and to apply their physical prowess on the fields of Nimbasa's Big Stadium. But this legacy would come to an end with the coming of age of Arthur, whose eyes did not capture the fiery passion of the field, but rather caught the twinkle of the lights on the stage of Musical Theater. Knowing that beating around the bush would only lose the respect of his family, he told them as soon as he realized his passion lay on a different path. His parents, grateful for him to have told them, decided to send him to Ymora Academy to gain the training that they knew they could not supply.

Extra: There's not much else to add here. Larvesta is already going to be fairly challenging due to it evolving the latest of all basic Pokemon.

K_H

Name: Jonathan "Johnny" Carbocas

B-day: June 20

Hometown: Snowbelle City

Appearance: Jonathan is 5' 10", and has dark tan skin, charcoal-black hair, and emerald-green eyes. He generally wears a plain lime-green shirt, vividly-patterned blue shoes, grey half-rimmed glasses, and blue jeans, although he adds a mauve-colored jacket and purple gloves when things start to get a little chilly. a Picture of him can be found in the Spoiler below.

Personality: A bit reclusive, he prefers to focus on his schoolwork than to socialize, but he can be willing to open up to others. This gives him a somewhat defensive and cold attitude towards others, which is a result of his troubled past. Inside this icy shell, however, burns a firey passion for helping Pokemon and other People, which can lead to him being a good friend once you get to know him.

Current Team:

Pokemon 1: Starter Pokemon: Ignizelka (Fennekin) - Level 8

Ability: Blaze

Nature: Quirky

Moves:

- Ember

- Scratch

- (NO MOVE)

- (NO MOVE)

Support moves:

-Tail Whip

-Hypnosis

Other: She's a fiery and compassionate girl, but this is her method of hiding her troubled past. She was left out in the cold to die by her previous trainer, until she was rescued by Jonathan. She also cares deeply about johnny, seeing as she even ventured out into a blizzard to save him once. Be careful with her, though. If you press the wrong buttons, so to speak, she's a lot less likely to be nice to you.

Pokemon 2- Sylvia

Species: Eevee

Name: Sylvia
Nature: Naiive
Normal Moves: Swift, Tackle, Quick Attack
Support Moves: Helping Hand, Baby-Doll Eyes
Other: Due to her young age, she's very trusting of others. She views Johnny as a kind of Father Figure, Ignizelka as a mother figure, and she also sees the rest of her other Teammates as her Siblings.

Pokemon 3: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 4: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 5: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 6: (EMPTY SLOT)

Backstory:

Born in Snowbelle City, Jonathan never was one for the cold, despite it being quite chilly in his hometown. Snowbelle City had gained a big reputation of being an Ice-Type haven ever since the Gym was founded, leading to some of the locals ridiculing those that don't associate themselves with Ice Types in a friendly way. This was why, when he adopted a Fennekin he found on the edge of town, people started to make fun of him for having a fire type, which led to him closing himself off from others. His parents tried their hardest to shelter him from the others' ridiculing, but they had no control over what happened when he was out on his own. He came close to committing suicide by wandering out into a Blizzard, but his Fennekin saved his life by staying close to him and using her high temperatures to keep him alive. When Jonathan saw how much Ignizelka cared about him, he gained a newfound appreciation for Pokemon, heavily influencing his decision to become a Pokemon Doctor. When he reached the age of fifteen, he decided to head to the Ymora Region to study in the academy, which his parents heartily agreed to, since they'd seen how severe the tormenting had become, and wanting the best for their child, got him out of Snowbelle before things got too bad.

Cyaloom

Name: Lucas Evans

Hometown: Eterna City

Appearance: 5'8'' tall and well built (he used to ride regularly a bike), with short black hair and brown eyes. Normally wears comfortable clothes (like jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, depending on the season), but also owns some shirts for more important occasions. When it's cold he uses a dark blue jacket, a hat and a scarf for Arkhidon

Personality: Lucas is a curious and playful person, especially as a child. Being somewhat impulsive, he used to take rushed decisions and end up in rather bad situations; but his personal growth, (and a certain encounter with a Pokemon) made him more reasonable and careful in his choices. He may not look very respectful to other peers at first, but that's not the case with the Academy's teachers: he, in fact, tries to know his limits and his position, then treat other people 'accordingly'.

Starter:

Spoiler

gastly.gif

Grimace - Gastly, male, lv.8

Clear Smog (egg move)

Lick

Hypnosis

Mean Look

Backstory:

Spoiler
Raised in Eterna City in a medium wealth family, Lucas had a rather normal childhood. He had one older brother, who started his own journey when Lucas was very young, and wasn't seen around there very often. During this time, he loved riding the bike (a very common transportation method in his hometown, as the bike shop is located there), playing with his friends, and of course watching Pokemon battles: he wasn't old enough to go on his own journey, but he would have loved to. Because of this, he was able to watch a battle in which partecipated a student from Ymora Academy versus his older brother: the battle, which was pretty much one-sided, impressed Lucas a lot, and this influenced one of his future choices.

This changed during one day in September, when he was about ten years old: his friends suggested to visit the Eterna woods - more specifically, to explore the Old Chateau. That was an abandoned building that most people (even adults) were scared of, due to many urban legends surrounding it, but that couldn't be true, according to his friends. Ghosts couldn't exist!

Once everyone was inside and after some exploring, the group was divided and Lucas found himself alone, wandering around in the upper floor and in its various rooms. In one of them there was a notepad on the floor, that he tried to read, and that seemed to have some information about a new Pokemon, probably Rotom, a previously really rare Pokemon that trainers started to use more often when he was about five, and that could transform into different appliance-like forms.

Of course, there was also the "infamous" room with the painting, the last room that Lucas entered. Seeing a pair of eyes glowing in the dark room, and on top of an old painting, obviously scared Lucas, but not enough to make him leave the room immediately. So, once he tried to get closer to the painting and examine it, something seemed to come out of it, flying towards the guy. Lucas was still trying to realize what was going on, but knew that whatever would have happened to him could have been avoided, without taking rushed decisions.

It was a Gastly.

One of those very common Ghost-type Pokemon, who like to prank people and sometimes take their energy. The Gastly looked unusually serious, as he didn't get the expected result out of his attempt to prank an unknown visitor, and probably began to like Lucas (as a person). The boy, on the other hand, didn't know what to do. He wasn't an actual trainer yet, and he couldn't keep a Pokemon with him, so catching that Gastly was out of discussion. After some time spent hesitating (which was unusual for him) he decided to leave the room, then try to find his friends and get out of there. But, the Gastly took the initiative and followed Lucas out of the room. The Pokemon wanted to be Lucas' friend and hoped that the boy would realize that too.

Once Lucas was out of the Old Chateau, he found one of his friends out there, who told him that the rest of the group left the building immediately, saying that they had seen an actual ghost, and that not even him would have come back there for a long time. Only Lucas returned inside the Old Chateau, because he really considered that Gastly his friend. He also nicknamed him Grimace, because the Gastly would do something like that fairly often and because of his playful personality.

That was also the time that the Sinnoh Region introduced the LT system, effectively making Lucas wait six more years before being able to begin his own Pokemon journey. During the first three years, Lucas tried to improve some of his knowledge on Pokemon battles at home and see in action as many Pokemon as he could, then remembered that day of about seven years before, when the Ymora Academy student easily defeated his older brother.

This is the main reason Lucas decided to come to the Ymora Academy. He could have been a great trainer, even better than his brother (who had won the Sinnoh league tournament some years before, and at the moment was still training, hoping to defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. This is just to give an idea about his prowess as a trainer, also because otherwise Lucas' brother wouldn't be relevant at all).

Extra: now I have both a male and a female protagonist that could fit in a main series Pokemon game. See where I am going? Also, like in the Yugioh RP, I'm not making anything that really stands out appearance-wise, or for his personality. Also, random last name.

Ragnar

Name: Toshiro Haibara
Hometown: Fushia City
Appearance: Toshiro is 5'8 tall, has a slender built frame body and has a fair skin complexion. His eyes are always squinting that almost hides his cold green eyes. Toshiro's jet black hair is quite long and has chin-length bangs parting on each side of his face and a matching long ponytail sticking out at the back of his hair. His attire is consists of a dark green hooded t-shirt and a fitted black long-sleeve shirt underneath it. also, He wears a baggy white sweat pants along with his fashionable wooden sandals.
Personality: Toshiro is a well disciplined and a polite young lad that avoids conflicts as much as possible. Altho, His politeness can get a little bit annoying sometimes, It's hard to discern whether Toshiro is being sincere or just being sarcastic with from the way he answers people. Toshiro is also a book reader and often gets lost in thoughts and completely ignores the world while reading one of his pocket books.
Starter: Bulbasaur(Midori, F, Chlorophyll) (Its right eye is shut close due to a unique vertical scar running across it.)
Moves:
Tackle
Vine whip
(NO MOVE)
(NO MOVE)
Support moves:
Sleep powder
Leech seed

Pokemon : Phanpy

Name: Panzer

Ability: Sandveil

Moves: Tackle, Rollout, Ice Shard Support: Defense Curl, Charm

Backstory: At the age of 10, Toshiro lost his parents during a family trip gone wrong at the Fushia city safari zone. An enrage wild pokemon appears from the tall grass and savagely attacks his family. His mother and father protected the young boy as much as they could, long enough from him to escape. But unfortunately, both of his parents got murdered in the process. The local rangers and Janine(the gym leader) arrive at the incident, but it was too late, the damage was done, the boy was left traumatize and parentless. She felt sorry for the boy. So, out of sympathy. The young ninja girl decided to take care of him for the time being.
As the years go by, Toshiro learned to move on with his life and decided to devote his life working at the Fushia city gym, serving Koga and Janine.
The boy grew up inside the Fushia city gym, progressively learning about his master's culture and works as a humble servant at Koga's mansion for 4 years. Like Koga and Janine, He was persistent in learning about medicines and was fascinated by Koga's crafts in creating antidotes and poisons. Also, The boy shows passion in handling and taking care of Koga's poison Pokemons, which impresses both of his ninja mentors.
During his spare time, Toshiro likes to spend most of his time hanging out by the mansion's garden, reading his books under the shade a sakura tree. It helps the boy to relax and ease his troubles away from his past. One day, while doing his choirs at the garden, Toshiro found his first Pokemon companion by accident, an injured Bulbasaur suddenly appears and was resting at their backyard, under the shade of a tree. With the help of Janine, Toshiro decided to cure this sick seed pokemon and eventually becomes his partner ever since.
at the age of 14, Janine decided to relinquish Toshiro of his duties as a servant, His services are no longer required inside Koga's mansion. Not because he did something wrong or anything; it's just that, Janine wants Toshiro to pursue his passion and start his own adventure on the outside world. He was at the proper age to set on a journey and being stuck inside this mansion for almost 4 years isn't doing much good for the boy. He needs to go out, explore the world and fulfill his dreams. She told him that go to the Ymora region and start a new life to find his true calling as a breeder.
Toshiro agreed and was grateful to his master in enrolling him in the Ymora region. So it begins, The humble ninja servant and his Bulbasaur set course on Ymora academy to qualify as a certified Pokemon breeder.
Extra: He's a bit of a neat freak and has an amateur background in medicine (mostly antidotes and understanding how poison works)

Google Docs Archive of PCs

Name: Tsukihashi "Kage" Kageharu

Hometown: Mossdeep City

Appearance: Medium-length brown hair, cut short enough that it isn't a pain to manage. Vibrant, cobalt-blue eyes. Slightly shorter than average, with a frame that is similarly a bit light, though well-muscled due to athletic activity. Eyebrows are a bit more prominent than usual and are relatively expressive compared to what one might expect. Has a firm, rather loud manner of speech. Prefers jeans and jackets, though he will dress in pretty much anything and will often end up in eye-wrenching combinations of clothing if no one helps him choose them. Often wears a pair of sunglasses.

Personality: Straightforward, disliking overly complex ideas and systems. Neither intelligent nor unintelligent, but hardworking. Kage enjoys social interaction for the most part, though his habits of voicing any complaints immediately tends to put some people off. Not the most charitable type, but always repays anything he considers to be a debt. Stubborn.

Starter: Lucas (Ralts, male)

Ability: Telepathy

-Confusion

-Shadow Sneak

-Disarming Voice

-

-Double Team

-Teleport

Backstory:

Kage was born in Mossdeep City as Akemi, always seemed to defy convention to an extent. Some thought that he would turn out as a sort of "delicate flower," at first due to his attraction to the arts (as much as a toddler can be so) and later due to a condition that caused his vision to begin deteriorating at about 5. He was legally blind by 7, and by 8 had lost all vision. However, the boy defied expectations (and, occasionally, school authority) by turning out to be brash and athletic, preferring to play sports to the best of his ability and managing to get into more than one fight (which he won more often than not) when he wasn't listening to music or attempting to produce it himself. When his condition worsened, he staunchly refused to get any more special assistance than he received already from Lucas, who was gifted to him by his parents on his fifth birthday, hoping that the generally gentle-natured Pokemon would mellow him out.

While he didn't receive exceptional marks in school by any standard, he kept up with the average without taking advantage of the numerous resources his parents, who are both researchers at the space center, could have provided to him. As the boy showed a surprising amount of care toward Pokemon, despite his attitude toward people, it didn't come as a huge shock when he asked to attend the Ymora Academy, though at first his parents were unwilling to watch their child go off on their own. However, said child was stubborn and the parents could see no rational reason for not sending Kage to one of the best schools for a profession that he showed both ability and desire for, and so they relented and packed him off. However, he did fill out the forms himself, and there was one particular thing he "forgot" to write on his application...

Extra: If you didn't get it from the backstory, Kage is blind, and this time he's trans. He'll still act pretty much the same, though.

I believe she is complete. Any feedback would be nice and I'd like to know if there are any necessary edits.

Name: Adeline Deska

Hometown: Ecruteak City

Birthday: October 7

Pokemon: Dashing (Gligar)

Ability: Immunity

Nature: Impish

Moves:

Wing Attack

Sand Tomb

Knock Off

Poison Sting

Agility

Harden

Appearance: A petite girl, sitting merely at 4'11". She's a very thin girl, weighing in at just under 100 lbs. She has long, straight onyx hair that falls to right above her elbow. Her eyes are a crystalline, light blue. She never dresses to flatter herself, often wearing just plain t-shirts and jeans that are maybe a bit too long. She wears sneakers that are a bit too big for her feet and often trips because of it. Her face is gentle despite her slightly crooked nose from the first incident of her father's abuse.

Personality: Adeline was beaten into a state of timidity in her childhood. She often walks with her head hung and won't look up unless someone speaks her name. She is very caring towards her friends and can often become very clingy. However, she takes time to warm up to people. She takes it very hard on herself when she makes a joke that is taken the wrong way or not laughed at. She is a very diligent student, and a skillful battler. Her synchronization with Dashing is easily seen in battle. They fully trust in each other and their bond is easily observed.

Backstory:

As a young girl in Ecruteak city, Adeline was well known in the town and had many friends. She was well liked and enjoyed every moment of her life. One could often see her running around the town, skipping and spinning around her home. When she was about 10, her father wanted to enroll her in a training program to become a Kimono girl. Adeline, wishing she could grow up to be a strong trainer and travel the world, outright refused her father’s demands. The girl held her hands closed into fists and pressed them to her chest. “I don’t want to be a stupid Kimono Girl! I’m gonna be the best trainer around! Better than Morty, better than anyone!” The girl’s newfound defiance startled her father and in the heat of the moment, he lashed out, raking his fist across Adeline’s face. The fragile little girl fell against the wall, unable to handle the impact of her father’s sudden violence. Her father briskly left the room, abandoning the hurt girl as her tears mixed with the blood streaming from her nostrils. The next day, Adeline was enrolled in the training program. It was a rigorous 10 hour program full of dancing and beauty training. In a kimono, Adeline was a very elegant young woman and often gave off the appearance of being older than she actually was. On the walk back to her home, she would often be confronted by older men who wanted to “escort” her home. Adeline would briefly shake her head and run as fast as her sandals could take her. After the incident, Adeline had suddenly taken on a rather timid nature and would no longer communicate with her friends, as her father would rather her spend her free hours at home practicing what she had learned in class than spend time with friends. When the lights were off, Adeline would cry into her pillow and wish for a friend. Three years later, things changed for Adeline. It was the anniversary of the day that the tower on the west of the city had burned, and there was no Kimono Girl training. She knew her father would be in the Burned Tower, mourning the loss of the Pokémon who died in there. Knowing this was her only opportunity to make her dream a reality, Adeline gathered the spare change she had gotten over the years from tips that men threw at her in recitals. She quickly ran to the Pokémart and bought herself a Pokéball. In a hurry, the girl ran to the forest near the north of the town. She was determined to find a friend. She ventured through the forest, searching for a friend. Every time she got close to a Caterpie, or a Spinarak, or a Hoothoot, they seemed to run away in an instant. Adeline had basically given up. She sat down on a large rock and sighed in disappointment. A few tears even started to slip from her eyes. She looked up and saw that the sky was beginning to streak with oranges and purples and pinks, signaling that the day was coming to a close. She stood up and was about to begin the venture home when something suddenly pulled a chopstick out of her hair. Startled, the girl ran against a tree and cowered in fear. After a brief moment of silence, she opened her eyes and saw a Gligar holding her chopstick in one of his pincers. The Gligar stuck his tongue out at the girl and winked. Something between the two of them clicked at the time. Adeline admired how free-natured the Pokémon, acting however he pleased without fear of another’s reaction. The Gligar noticed how tense the girl seemed and practically made it his goal to teach the girl to be who she once was. The Gligar stopped in front of Adeline and stood with his tongue stuck out and his head bobbed to the side. Adeline shuffled around to find her Pokéball lying on the ground. Timidly, she tossed the ball at the Gligar. Accepting his fate, the Gligar stood still as the Poké ball collided with him. He was absorbed in a flash of light and the chopstick he had been holding fell to the ground. After a few shakes and a click, the Gligar was safely sealed within the Pokéball. The girl held the ball close to her chest and whispered, “I will call you Dashing. You are my dashing prince, my knight in shining armor, saving me from this dull and unforgiving life.” She then quickly grabbed her chopstick, placed it back into her hair, and hurried home. It was over time that the two became very good friends. Dashing often helped Adeline get over tough situations with his light-hearted attitude. When she would come home from a rough day from training, she would venture into the woods with him and spend her time playing with him, something her father would never let her do within the walls of her home. They soon became very close friends.

One day, Adeline’s father shunned her from her home, claiming her too old to be living in his home and draining his funds. She was cast out in the middle of a rainy day. She went from door to door looking for someone to take her in. She eventually came across a gentle young woman. She invited Adeline into her home and heard her story. The young woman was excited to find out that Adeline wanted to be a trainer and eventually told her of Ymora Academy. After a bit of convincing from the young woman, Adeline was on her way with Dashing to the Academy, with a new set of clothes and a life of wonders ahead of her.

Extra:

Name: Ross "Bud" Kytheon

Hometown: Solaceon Town, Sinnoh

Starter Side: Student

Starter:

"Urnight"

Pawniard @ Defiant

Female, Lvl 8

Moves

- Pursuit (egg move)

- Leer

- Scratch

- Mean Look (egg move)

Appearance

The very definition of a farm boy down to the letter. Average height (5'9") and a lanky build. Somewhat ripply arms and legs. A very tan complexion and dirty looking body. Filthy and uncombed blonde hair, usually hidden by an inverted Pokeball logo baseball cap. Has a couple moles on his forehead and dull green eyes, almost the color of frozen peas.

Usually wears a dirty white and blue striped t-shirt or tanktop riddled with small stains depending on the season. On more formal occasions or in the winter, will wear a puky orange-brown leather jacket (surprise, it isn't at all dirty). Almost never seen without a navy blue Pokeball baseball cap (whether worn or not) usually worn inverted. Also wears torn dark blue overalls or jeans, depending on the day and a pair of gray sneakers.

Personality

Has a strange ways of expressing himself to others, usually uninhibited in his coping mechanisms, and isn't personally above saying or thinking something if it needs to be said or thought, except in extreme cases (like self-preservation). Lacks a real sense of motivation to do most things unless inspired in one way or another, such as willing to lead a group if pressured or no one is willing to take a stand. Becomes very paranoid when he notices suspicious things, or things out of place. Really lazy in terms of structured work and prefers to go at his own pace.

Backstory

Born and raised in the jurisdiction of the Solaceon Daycare, with the consent of his parents, Ross was given a difficult beginning with no sugarcoats, as he learned most of the ins and outs of Pokemon rearing through the elderly couple who ran the establishment, as well as given firsthand views of the daily exchanges of everything that occured. Whenever they didn't have work for him in the Daycare, he was usually working in the fields or cafe to the north of Solaceon.

Ross was given little reprieve from his parents who were mostly away in Veilstone and Hearthome on business trips, leaving him to stay with the elderly couple at the Daycare whom quickly adopted him as pseudo-grandparents.

When Ross turned 12, the elderly couple expressed their wishes for him to achieve "his percieved dream" of Pokemon training. Ross however, did not appreciate these previously constructed assumptions and promptly stormed out, telling the couple he'd take a baby Pokemon from one of the leftovers from the PC that were abandoned by their trainers. The old people had no qualms with him picking one. He picked at literal blind randomness, settling on the first Pokemon. The little one was retrieved from the PC, and Ross cared for it with little Pawniard and nursed it into a fighting condition. Although he didn't like battling, because he preferred to lay around and do nothing with the Pawniard, usually on the grass.

As the next two years progressed, his workload gradually slackened, and the elderly couple of the Daycare and his parents both agreed he needed to do something constructive with his life. So they all took him to Hearthome City and exposed him to the wonderous nature of Pokemon Contests. He immediately fell in love with the show sport and took his Pawniard to a few competitions, albeit he lost.

Now with a drive, Ross wanted to be a better Coordinator. The family couldn't think of anywhere better for him to apply, so they all settled with him on the esteemed Academy far off in Ymora.

Extra- Ross tends to mutter things to himself just above a whisper when he is suspicious or paranoid about something, usually some mumbo jumbo people don't understand unless they know him or his context well.

Edited by Darvan Korematsu

Name: Luna "Citrine" Baldwin

Birthday: March 23

Appearance: While the pic is decent, she's a bit more tomboyish in her dress apparel as most of her shirts fit rather loosely on her.

6PqYnUP.png

Personality: Citrine is a bit of an oddball. She's very outgoing and enjoys teasing...to the point she really doesn't hide what she's thinking. Her happy go lucky lifestyle can be a bit unnerving especially in dark or depressing situation.

Pokemon:

Rosie (Skitty) Lv 12

Ability: Wonder Skin

-Fake Out

-Tackle

-Mud Bomb

-Covet

-Tail Whip

-Sing

Techie (Rotom)

Lv 10

Moves:

-Astonish

-Thundershock

-Uproar

-Shock Wave

-Thunder Wave

-Charge

Hometown: Pyrite Town

Background:

Citrine lived most of her life as a street rat in Pyrite Town, or at least that's what she tells people. Due to this lifestyle she is never really found of nice things and grew more found of men's clothing as it was cheaper to afford. Eventually, she encountered a boy named Henry in which she became "partners" with him by loaning her Vulpix to the boy so that he could double battle and win prize money. Battles were technically illegal without a license, but due to Orre's struggle to slowly reform illegal acts such as battling hardly get noted.Later on, Henry's dad finds out about her not having a family and adopt's her into the Baldwin family making her Henry's half sister.

Late in the Spring, Henry decides to accept his father's offer to attend the Ymora Academy to become an official Trainer. The illegal battling eventually paid a toll on Henry as he ended up getting attacked and received a fatal injury on his leg. Knowing he'll have trouble walking, he asks for Citrine to take his place at the academy claiming she's the one who truly deserved it. At first she says no, saying she could never battle with Zuko, her Vulpix, which is why Henry gave her his Skitty and eventually convinced her to say yes.

She asked Henry what program he was going into and he responded Coordinator. She was surprised he was into such a girly thing. He explains how it isn't girly and goes into a deeper discussion that it's a different form of battling...kind of like how her brain works. She simply tells him she'll give it a chance as it'll get his dad off her tail for actually liking a girly sport.

Extra:

-Citrine has a very high metabolism and "the hunger of a Snorlax" as Henry called it. She earned the nickname Citrine due to this and Citrines being her favorite food.

-Her real last name is Fitzgerald, though she doesn't like to talk about her real family claiming she's really a Baldwin.

Reserved for PC~

Name: Mie Tachibana

Birthday: March 8

Appearance: Mie sports long silver hair reaching back down to hip-level and red eyes. She stands at 5 feet 6 inches and is slender overall. Her typical attire generally consists of an unzipped gray hoodie, a red short-sleeved t-shirt, cargo pants, and sneakers.

I was going to try and use that trainer creator but I can't exactly pull silver hair on that so I tried to use a FaceClaim...only to find one that fits closely enough. Just think of Mie as a younger version of the character in the spoiler tag...well, basically with a smaller bust...

94ZuKu7.jpg

Personality: Mie suffers from an inferiority complex. Mie is the type who sees the world around her as full of people who are far better than her. Normally, people would call this humility, but in Mie's case, it's a sign of her complex. Despite the complex, Mie is actually highly competent and analytical. However, as a result of this complex, Mie lacks a sense of self-confidence. This tends to cause her to hesitate frequently and makes her come off as incredibly shy. Still, she has her own personal mantra to get her past her hesitations. "It's alright. Everything is just fine."

Current Team:

037.png

Starter: Kagari (Vulpix) Lvl 12

Ability: Drought

Moveset:

-Ember

-Quick Attack

-Safeguard

-Will-o-Wisp

-Fire Spin

-Feint Attack

361.png

Yukiko (Snorunt-Female) Lv. 10

Ability: Ice Body

Moveset:

Ice Shard

Icy Wind

Hex

Rollout

Protect

Double Team

Background: When Mie the tender age of three, the Tachibana family moved from Ecruteak City to Castelia City. Whenever Mie asked why they did this, her parents would always say that they were able to get better jobs in the city. Unfortunately for Mie, the city life was never something she was suited to. Due to the busy nature of Castelia and its people, she felt like she would get lost in the crowd far too often.

In fact, the girl was never what one would call a social Butterfree. The girl was often fairly shy and as a result, she tended to isolate herself from the rest of the kids around her. After all, she felt like everyone around her was far more capable than her. In the end, the city life definitely did not help.

Due to her parents working late on a regular basis, Mie would often finding herself going to a small grassy park-like area near the central fountain late at night in order to get away from hustle and bustle of the city. Every so often, she would encounter wild Pokemon who would wander in to the area.

On a night just like any other, she befriended a Vulpix that ended up passing through the area. After coming to her at the night repeated times, it eventually started to follow her home. Eventually, Mie decided to try and take the Vulpix in and after finally working up the courage to ask her parents, they were surprisingly receptive.

After a few years, Mie's parents suggested that she try to go become a trainer to help her work on her confidence issues. Mie agreed and got accepted at Ymora Academy, much to her surprise.

Edited by Hiss13

Reserved for PC app when I get to it.

Also. SPOILERS CHIM. USE DEM SPOILERS. TL;DR dat wall of text.

I already planned to do that after I get back from the dentist. I don't have time to do the lay-out right now.

• Veterans

Reserved for OC bruh

Name: James Edwards
Birthdate: February 18
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Appearance: James has semi long black hair that stops around his shoulders with part of it covering his left eye. His eyes are a chocolate brown. He stands at about an average 5'6'' though in comparison to his brother he's quite short. He usually wears a gray shirt with a Black hooded Jacket over it. Black jeans and some sport shoes. James has a pendant with a yin-yang symbol inscribed into it given to him by his grandfather.
Personality: James is rather laid back and lazy preferring to stay inside instead of going out to explore or play with friends. Reading or watching TV are what he usually does though from time to time he wanders around his hometown. Playing with his grandfather's Houndoom and it's children is what he used to pass the time as well as playing board or video games with his brother Daniel. He's always prefered going for riskier moves that could backfire heavily but could potentially help him out immensely. High risk, High reward he says. This doesn't mean he isn't a logical thinker however as he's quite capable of doing that.
Starter:

Spr_5b_359.png

Crescent the Absol. Level 8. Male

Ability: Super Luck
Naughty Nature
Moves:
Feint Attack
Bite
Leer
Me First
Quick Attack

Backstory: Growing up, James was a reclusive child preferring to stay inside contrary to his more extra-verted brother who had a lot more friends though considering how small their hometown was, that wasn't saying much. His father worked at the nearby Opelucid City as an accountant while their mother was a nurse at the local hospital. Due to the nature of their jobs as well as them being busy with other things, the two weren't home that much so James and his brother Daniel had to be looked after by their grandfather who lived with the family quite frequently.
One day, the brothers decided to wander outside of the town after Daniel 'convinced' him, into the woods that surrounded it even with the rumors that surrounded that area. Eventually, the older brother decided to go back home while James remained for a while longer, intrigued by the area. While walking back through the forest, he stumbled upon the home of a Zangoose who started chasing the kid for a while. Eventually the ferret had enough of their game of cat and mouse and tried to kill James if not for the interference of an Absol who managed to intimidate the Zangoose away. Thankful towards the large Absol, the boy approached him and started petting him. When he left for home however, the Absol seemed to follow him for some reason, even walking into the house much to the shock of James's grandfather and Daniel. Not much of a superstitious fellow unlike some others in the town, the old man let it by allowing the Absol to stay there. James's parent's encouraged the boy and gave him a Dusk Ball to capture the Absol into. Though the Large Feline was suspicious, he warmed up to the idea and eventually came with the boy willingly, might as well keep the kid out of trouble one would say.
Once James reached 15, His grandfather showed him a leaflet about an Academy in a decently far off region called Ymora. Though there was one in Unova that his brother was already attending, James liked the idea of going to a distant region and decided that this would be where he'd go.

Planned Team

359.gif477.gif476.gifdragalge.png199.gif500.gif

Make absolutely sure to post when you have finished your app. Reserving may be all the rage but it's easy to miss summit when it was in an older post.

That's the reason I am doing it XD. There'll be two apps for a little bit until I finalize which one I like better and delete the other. Just ignore my sorcery for now (I'm transferring Henry info from the old RP).

Why wouldn't you man? No need to reserve things, people just... are

There's just a lot of stuff I need to look up and it's easier to work with a post someone is not going to check until I finish. Btw, I made that Citrine pic a long time ago.

Name: Emberly "Drake" Everburn.

Appearance: Emberly has Ember Orange Hair that flows all over the place. Her eyes are a deep sparkling green. She is 6'2", which is rather tall for someone her age. This has lead to quite the awkward situation every now and then. However, the rest of her appearance highly varies. Emberly doesn't have much of a care for what she looks like, so long as she is presentable etc... So it is rather ramshackle at times. She tends to wear orange with baggy sweatpants or jeans. She never wears anything considered "girly".

Personality: An over the top, loud, and fiery young woman. Emberly is passionate about anything she cares about, though tends to not give a damn about other things. She is a free spirit and one that strives to be the best at things she likes. She will passionately fight to the end for the things she believes. However, she is a bit of an airhead at times. Her fiery personality and led many to likening her to a Dragon, due to how wild and strong her personality is.

Starter:

Whisper ((Growlithe)) lvl 8.

Ability: Justified ((Intimidate doesn't fit her personality and people are just going to be buttlords and play around Flash Fire, since "lol, why'd I ever hit a Fire type with a FIre move?"))

Moves:

-Flame Wheel

-Odor Sleuth

-Helping Hand ((I better get a chance to use this...))

-Bite

-Reversal

-Ember.

Where Emberly is loud and outgoing, Whisper is her opposite. She's quiet and often quite scared of many people and things. However, she fiercely wants to protect Emberly and prove that she's able to protect her. She will do anything to make Emberly proud of her and battles her hardest to earn this.

Hometown: Cinnabar Island

Backstory: Emberly had always been a very out-going person ever since she was little. Though, she almost had to be. She was always taller than the other kids by bounds and leaps. it made her a rather easy target to pick on as it was something very obvious. Of course, she never really let it get to her. She never cared what other people thought of her. Whether or not she was a freak she didn't really care. She was just easily more unique than others. It only made her more the eager to prove those people wrong and to show them that she wasn't really all that different. She decided though that she wouldn't isolate people in the way she felt she was.

In fact, it's how she met Whisper, her invaluable partner. Emberly lived in the relatively small community on Cinnabar Island in Kanto. It was never a huge town but big enough you might not know every person by name. One of her neighbors had a group of Growlithe puppies that they had recently gotten from a group of friends and where giving out to some of the children and families so that they had a nice home to go too. Nearly all of them were scooped up instantly other than one. She was a shy dog who didn't really get overly excited when people were looking into the box her and her siblings were in. She always got pushed to the back by the big brutes, after all she was the runt of the litter. The smallest Growlithe there. No one really wanted a runt and so she ended up being isolated because of her size. Emberly... wasn't happy about this and despite not really having the go ahead to do so from her parents or really even the room in her home, scooped up the small dog anyway. It wasn't fair for her to be picked on for her small size and to not find a home. So, the giant took the runt under her wing. "We're both freaks huh? I'm way too big, and you're way too small. Maybe the both of us make up the difference. However... how about we show them? Show them that we aren't so different. That we can be strong just like them and everyone else?" Those were the first words Emberly spoke to the little pup she was holding in her arms. In reply, the little dog barked a quiet bark. Her nerves made it so small. But it was clear it was in agreement. At least to Emberly it was. The Growlithe answered with naught but a Whisper. And that was to be her name. Of course, Emberly's parent's weren't all that happy when she brought home the little pup, but they eventually came around. They thought it a good thing their daughter did, even if it was very rash. It was how Emberly had always been. She had a big heart, even if it was easily trampled on. Her and Whisper were inseparable, the pup never left her side. Though she was usually seen cowering behind Emberly's leg or hiding in her arms. She was a timid one and Emberly was anything but. Their personalities even seemed to be opposites. And yet they were so drawn together.

The two set their goal in mind, to be the most powerful trainer and Pokemon duo ((for the time being)) in the world. They would show all those that doubted them, those that thought a runt was good for nothing, and that a girl her size was something strange. They had everything to prove and they would face that long road despite the grief that may lay ahead. After all, what did they have to lose? People didn't believe in them already. They had everything to gain and they could only move up from where they were now.

Extra: Nothing here for me.

BOOM!! Get apped Sooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!

Name: Simon Dow

Appearance: height of 5,8

0a1b48bf3c1f14ea97aca949f4c63e5e.png

Personality: Simon or Sim as he goes by is curious and eager. He finds ways to make simple things seem exciting and is often seen smiling most of the time. Sim sometimes does things without thinking and gets himself in trouble because of it. His curiosity leads himself into unfavorable situations but he has developed a sense of ingenuity because of it.

Starter: Abra (Vanish) lvl 8
Moves: Teleport ,Confusion,Encore(tell me if you think this is too strong, I find it's a debatable situation but abra is frail enough it should be okay.)

Backstory: Sim lived in the Unova region in the sprawling city of Castelia City. In the large city Sim found himself alone most of the time, preferring his own company to that of others. To pass the time he explored the city, finding hidden areas and discovering shortcuts. One day Sim decided he wanted to try explore the sewer systems to find new fast ways to navigate the city. After making preparations Sim starting exploring but soon found the systems were far more complicated than he expected. With no idea where he came from and no idea where to go Sim pressed on to find an exit but found himself face to face with a plethora of poison type pokemon in what seemed to be an area for trash disposal hidden within the undergrounds of Castelia. Backed against a wall Sim was searching through the pile of trash for something to defend himself with, only making the wild pokemon even more agitated as only a pokemon can be when house and home is being tossed around by a desperate kid looking for a pointy thing. Among the trash Sim found something that didn't seem to belong, a pokeball. His parents being previous trainers Sim knew his fair share about pokemon and was envious to get a hold of one some day. Seeing something like that in a trash pile seemed so absurd and unfair. Hoping that something lay inside Sim had tossed the pokeball and found himself face to an abra, a fairly confused one at that considering the fact that its old trainer was nowhere to see and now it happened to be in the sewers. Hoping to take advantage of abras signature move teleport the abra left....and left Sim to run away like his life depended on it until an exit was found some time later.

Hoping to once again find the mysterious pokemon Sim set himself on a test of his perseverance and patience, not wanting the pokemon to be alone without it's trainer after being seemingly abandoned. Every time Sim managed to spot the abra it seemed to vanish at the last second leaving him discouraged and tired. Of course Sim never would have found the abra if it wasn't for the abra having a lot of fun at the boys expense. Days of chase later the abra decided not to teleport and with an unspoken trust that comes only from the strangest of circumstances, becoming partners. Sim nicknamed the abra vanish, after all the trouble it caused that seemed the only name that fit.

Sim was now a pokemon trainer not the same boy who would run around Castelia pretending he was a great explore. He had a partner now and with it Sim decided it was time to finally explore the world. The best way to go about this of course, was to become a great trainer and to become a great trainer one had to start with Ymora. Sim headed home knowing what his parents would say and imagining all the fun he was soon to have.

I'm a scrub tell me if I did something wrong!

Name: Wolt Royce

Appearance: 5,7 with a somewhat pale skin. His hair is dyed an azure blue and he wears a black and white cap backwards over it. He has dark blue eyes and glasses with the frames only covering the top half of the lenses. Not fat, but not overly muscly either. Has a white shirt with a blue X that goes across his torsos. Over that Wolt has a button up half cloak. Blue jeans and tennis shoes that have black soles and a white base. A blue stripe goes across the outside of the shoe as well.

CPmXkCWUEAAMSSu.png
Sketch:

CQlHtKVUEAEuMW_.jpg

Personality: Wolt is a bit overconfident and cocky, and hell tend to underestimate the people around him. He boasts about how great his dad is and how great hell become because of it. Strength is all he values in a pokemon, thinking that he only needs strong ones to will lead him to the top. Hes not a mean guy, he just may get of peoples nerves from time to time with his boasting

Pokemon:

Pokemon: Sneasle (Male lvl.12)
Nickname: Inigo
Ability: Keen eye
Attacks: Scratch, Ice Shard, Pursuit,
Support Moves: Leer, Taunt

Pokemon: Eevee (Female lvl.10)
Nickname: Athena
Attacks: Tackle, Swift, Bite, Quick Attack
Supports: Baby-Doll Eyes, Sand Attack

Backstory: Born in Sinnoh, Snowpoint City, Wolt was the son to one of the winners of the Sinnoh League. Evan Royce, the name of his father, didnt much care for the responsibilities of being champion nor did he think him and were strong enough for it, so Evan declined the offer to fight the Elite 4 and the Champion. He then moved to Snowpoint City to spend the rest of his life with his soon to be wife he had engaged to on his journey. The days after, he worked at the nearby docs, loading and unloading cargo.

Soon Wolt was born, and ever since he was a kid he dreamed to be as good as or even greater than his father, wanting to surpass where he walked away. When he was 13 he convinced he dad to let him have a pokemon, they caught one on the nearest route and it just so happened to be a Sneasle. His father gave him the nickname Inigo, named after one of his friends he had traveled with. Wolt didnt get the idea of giving a nickname for his pokemon, what was so wrong about just referring to him as Sneasle. This led to a problem with him and his father.

His father disapproved of Wolts handling with his new Sneasle, he would never tell Wolt specifically what. This annoyed Wolt more then it shouldve, and his father forbid him for taking on the Sinnoh League. For the next half a year the two always bickered about whether or not to Wolt go on a journey. But then his mother found Ymora Academy, and suggested that in one year if Wolt had changed in the way his father wanted hed be able to go take the journey when he came of age. But if he didnt Wolt would have to head back to Snowpoint and help his father work at the docs and give up on the whole journey idea. Wolt accepted these terms and now he heads to Ymora to prove his father wrong and that he is able to handle a journey around Sinnoh.

(Anything need changing?)

Sorry i'm a little late, but I was in school when you posted this.

[EDIT]: Time for an App.

NOTE: This Character Sheet will be as Up-to-date as I can make it.

Name: Jonathan "Johnny" Carbocas

B-day: June 20

Hometown: Snowbelle City

Appearance: Jonathan is 5' 10", and has dark tan skin, charcoal-black hair, and emerald-green eyes. He generally wears a plain lime-green shirt, vividly-patterned blue shoes, grey half-rimmed glasses, and blue jeans, although he adds a mauve-colored jacket and purple gloves when things start to get a little chilly. a Picture of him can be found in the Spoiler below.

post-47716-0-26521000-1443056646_thumb.png

Personality: A bit reclusive, he prefers to focus on his schoolwork than to socialize, but he can be willing to open up to others. This gives him a somewhat defensive and cold attitude towards others, which is a result of his troubled past. Inside this icy shell, however, burns a fiery passion for helping Pokemon and other People, which can lead to him being a good friend once you get to know him.

Trainer Data:

Current Balance: 100 BP

Known Inventory:

???

Complete Team Compendium:

Pokemon 1: Ignizelka (Fennekin) - Level 12

Ability: Blaze

Nature: Quirky

Moves:

- Ember

- Scratch

- Flame Charge

- (NO MOVE)

Support moves:

-Tail Whip

-Hypnosis

Pokemon 2: Sylvia (Eevee) - Level 10

Nature: Naïve

Moves:

- Swift

- Tackle

- Quick Attack

- Bite

Support Moves:

- Helping Hand

- Baby-Doll Eyes

Pokemon 3: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 4: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 5: (EMPTY SLOT)

Pokemon 6: (EMPTY SLOT)

Future Team Plan and Personalities:

Founding Member and Leader
post-47716-0-95394400-1452222364.gif-Ignizelka, the Motherly Caretaker with a heart of Icy Fire
Notable Traits: She's a fiery and compassionate girl, but this is her method of hiding her troubled past. She was left out in the cold to die by her previous trainer, until she was rescued by Jonathan. She also cares deeply about johnny, seeing as she even ventured out into a blizzard to save him once. Be careful with her, though. If you press the wrong buttons, so to speak, she's a lot less likely to be nice to you.
Themes:

Regular:

Intense:

post-47716-0-80772000-1452222514.gif-Sylvia, the Compassionate Friend with an open mind
Notable Traits: Due to her young age, she's very trusting of others. She views Johnny as a father figure, Ignizelka as a mother figure, and the rest of her teammates as Siblings.
Themes:

Regular:

Intense:

Future Members (Not necessarily in order, and certainly not final.) :
post-47716-0-65822400-1452459691.pngpost-47716-0-30508100-1452222940.pngpost-47716-0-01028500-1452223057.pngpost-47716-0-89844300-1452223232.gif

Personal Themes:

BATTLE TIME!

"Just another day on the Battlegrounds..." (average brawl)

"Determined to win" (not backing down, turning the tide)

"Trying Times" (trust and faith being tested)

"Shattered Skills" (Approaching the limits, unable to continue)

"Silent Wrath" (Sh*t just hit the fan.)

VICTORIOUS!

Normal

Backstory:

Born in Snowbelle City, Jonathan never was one for the cold, despite it being quite chilly in his hometown. Snowbelle City had gained a big reputation of being an Ice-Type haven ever since the Gym was founded, leading to some of the locals ridiculing those that don't associate themselves with Ice Types in a friendly way. This was why, when he adopted a Fennekin he found on the edge of town, people started to make fun of him for having a fire type, which led to him closing himself off from others. His parents tried their hardest to shelter him from the others' ridiculing, but they had no control over what happened when he was out on his own. He came close to committing suicide by wandering out into a Blizzard, but his Fennekin saved his life by staying close to him and using her high temperatures to keep him alive. When Jonathan saw how much Ignizelka cared about him, he gained a newfound appreciation for Pokemon, heavily influencing his decision to become a Pokemon Doctor. When he reached the age of fifteen, he decided to head to the Ymora Region to study in the academy, which his parents heartily agreed to, since they'd seen how severe the tormenting had become, and wanting the best for their child, got him out of Snowbelle before things got too bad.

Edited by K_H

Name: Robert Tsuyo

Hometown: Dewford Town

Starter: Kiai(Riolu) (in depth info is in 'Team' Spoiler.)

Appearance: Tanish-White skin from where he lives, Has brown eyes and brown hair. He wears glasses and his normal attire is a T-Shirt and long pants with tennis shoes.

o6weif.jpg

Personality:

Robert is a generally optimistic trainer who gives people a fair shot of trust. He tends to put his full effort forward forward when it comes to battling or even training, hopeful that his best is enough. His loyalty and morals are something he prides himself on, sometimes being to a fault and other times the two clashing.

As for with his Pokemon, while he'll do his best to train them and himself, when not training Robert tends to be the close and caring kind of trainer. The one big moral Robert holds is that he won't catching a Pokemon who does not want to join it self.

Backstory:

Having been born and raised Dewford, along with the fact that his mother was a gym trainer, Robert had always been a huge fan of the Dewford Gym Leader

Brawly. He always imagined being a trainer as well, but when it finally came to the day that he'd be able to catch his first Pokemon... He just couldn't bring up the nerve to do it, as he truly believed doing so would mean he's taking one away from their home.

Eventually on his 11th birthday he received a better present than he could imagine: A Pokemon Egg from

Brawly. While still unsure of himself, after some comforting words he accepted the egg happily. A few months of care afterwards it hatched and brought out a Riolu, much to Robert's joy.

A year or two down the road the Riolu started to grow a bit more impatient, wishing they could actual train all out and travel. As such Kiai finally got his chance in the form of a few kids trying to take Pearls away from a Clampearl by force, charging into battle with Robert short behind. As the battle went on Kiai started to be exhausted and pushing himself to win. With the other trainer calling to end it the Sableye launched one final attack at the injured Riolu. Unsure if Kiai would be able to take the hit, Robert jumped over and shielded Kiai with the next few things he felt was a strong attack on the back and blacking out until waking up in the midst of being nursed back to health. While a faint scar was left he eventually recovered, he eventually settled an apology between him, the other trainer and her Sableye.

More recently he had heard that his submission to Ymora Academy had been accepted, happily packing up his things and waving goodbye to his family, friends and Brawly, hoping to make them all proud.

Team as of now:

Kiai - Riolu (Male)

Ability:Prankster

-Quick Attack

-Counter

-Vacuum Wave(Can be removed if deemed necessary)

-

-Foresight

-Endure

Appropriately named Kiai to be 'Fighting Spirit', he fights with the hope to give it all he's got. While with Robert he tries to fill a buddy-like role, Kiai does his best but can often fail at taking a leadership role when it comes to new members. Kiai does his best to keep calm and happy in an attempt to match his trainer, but he's often the first to snap simply from who he is.

Edited by TurboAura

And everybody picks trainer...why does everybody pick trainer? I mean if I was able to make Henry a coordinator, anything is possible (though I might change it to Breeder instead of trainer if I use him).

And everybody picks trainer...why does everybody pick trainer? I mean if I was able to make Henry a coordinator, anything is possible (though I might change it to Breeder instead of trainer if I use him).

Well, if I made a different character it would have been a Coordinator, but it wouldn't make sense just making Robert a co-ordinator with his backstory.

I was contemplating between Trainer or coordinator, but coordinator just felt like a big "meh" to me. :P

It also fits Wolt better as a character.

Hilariously enough, original Henry fit perfectly into the Trainer program to the point it'd be nonsensical to make him anything but a trainer. Then I saw all these trainers and said screw it! I'm making him a coordinator. It'll help his character stand out more anyways. Tbh, that was probably one of my smartest moves even though it meant choosing his pokemon moves would be a bit more challenging. (Seriously, I'm tempted to make him a Coordinator again and I probably could).