Hardest Battle in Rejuvenation

Xiri

I guess this all depends on what Pokemon are in your party, but personally, there were three battles I found particularly hard (I played on Normal difficulty). Feel free to share your experiences too.

1. Melia Battle on the ship

I don't know why this battle gave me so much trouble, but I really didn't have anything for her Gardevoir and Yanmega, and hence they swept my team a couple of times. On my second run, I had a Crobat so her Yanmega wasn't a problem, but her Gardevoir was still a massive threat.

2. Saki & Venam Double Battle

This wasn't as difficult when I faced them on my second run, but ALL of the girls' Pokemon hits hard and are bulky at the same time (especially that goddamn Metagross). Surprisingly, Melia was pretty helpful on my second run (she was useless on my first run. She kept spamming Flamethrower on Dragalge when there was a Metagross right next to it). I'll try to take them on by myself on my next run - but I bet it's going to take a long time...

3. Geara & Zetta Double Battle

(Just realized that all three battles involve Melia to some extent *shudders*)

This would've been easier if Melia hadn't brought only three Pokemon. Geara and Zetta seemed to also like focusing their attack on one Pokemon, meaning that a Pokemon on our side was most likely to faint on that turn. Due to the field, Water and Ice type moves are heavily weakened, so that doesn't really help either (I hate Zetta's Gigalith with a passion).

Honorable Mentions:

- That random trainer with a Level 85 Alakazam in Gearen City. WTF

- Madame X

• Global Mods

In V6:

-Sensei Keta. Gale Strike OHKO'd Frogadier with the grass damage it got from the field. Until I evolved it, in this battle I basically lasted however long Keta felt like, since one Gale Strike could end it at any time.

-Venam and Saki. I think enough people have trouble with this that I don't need to explain.

-Zetta and Geara. Moreso Zetta. Night Slash made Geara not really a problem at all, but Zetta's Gigalith and Dragonite kept bringing heavy hits. In Reborn I passed on teaching Ampharos Dragon Pulse. It's a good thing I taught it in Rejuvenation.

Btw, I noticed them focusing on one Pokemon too, but in my case they kept attacking Melia's Pokemon.

Valerie: please Jan nerf this manatee or at least let us teleport via Nim like before. She felt like the most broken fight in the game.

Venam and Saki: the higher levels are bad enough, then you have Meia's idiotic AI, and on top of that MEGA mawile, but each girl carries like 2-3 ultra potions which is absolutely bonkers. If anything the healing spam is what makes this fight a LOT harder than it has any right to be. I think if that was removed the fight would be a lot more fair while still remaining challenging.

Marianette took me more tries than any other gym leader, even Valerie, and I had Monferno too. Holy field boost, Porygon 2 just being a monster, Slaking one-shotting like everything that doesn't resist/have an evasive move of some sort, just a total PITA this battle.

Gera and Zetta took me I think 3 or 4 tries but the ones above took at least 5, with Marianette taking like 9 attempts and V&S taking around 6 or 7.

VALARIE

in both versions, hands down, it's Valarie. I only won because lady Critical hit was by my side.

the other leaders? just needed to grind. V5 wasn't much of a problem for me...

in V6 however, Saki and Venam. Melia wasn't much help at all. that MAWILE-

aaaaaand of course, Geara+Zetta combo was hard too, but not as hard as Valarie. def needs a nerf...

Marianette took me more tries than any other gym leader, even Valerie, and I had Monferno too. Holy field boost, Porygon 2 just being a monster, Slaking one-shotting like everything that doesn't resist/have an evasive move of some sort, just a total PITA this battle.

just curious- did you evolve Monferno then use the reverse candy to have it learn Close Combat? 'cause that's what i did and i had to reset about...2 times? idk

For me, it'll have to be Valerie as Tidal wave hits like a truck on everything that doesn't resist it. The stage also made it much harder as you can't even use EQ on that lantern and it has that berry that allows it to take 1 grass type move. I was super lucky with my Torterra activating quick claw 4 times in a row.

V6 Valerie and Narcissa for me.

Valerie : We all know why she is so OP...Her field got some of the best effect "Grounded non-water types' Speed is halved, except for Swift Swimmers",all my pokemon got their speed halved except Staraptor and Crauwdaunt.She broke all of my strategies one by one,at the end i needed to rely on Sword Dances and hope she doesn't land a miraculous crit.At least she can't do anything to some of those pokemon (Quagsire,Ludicolo,Helioptile,Sunflora,Vileplume...) but if you don't have any of those useful mon...You're going to have a hard time.

Narcissa : I don't remember if she still have her Dusclops in V6 but the one in V5 was a nightmare...I think it got replaced by Spiritomb but he's still as strong as it's predecessor...Her team is pretty strong but still very frail,that's when her "Special move" become handy since there's a chance to raise the user's defense.Once again if you have the right pokemon to counter her team you'll be fine.thanks torkoal.

I'm waiting for the Dragon type gym leader...

Well sometimes I go out by myself
And I look across the water
And I think of all the things, what you're doing

Stop making a fool out of me,Why don't you come on over Valerie?

to nerf city because seriously that battle was beyond a joke >.<

and the song valerie is totally made for that gym leader unless she was named after the song then kudos on that xD

For V6, the only hard battle for me was the Geara & Zetta Double Battle. If Melia's pokemon all die early on, you literally lose lol. And while Valarie was difficult, I would have beaten her a lot sooner if she didnt hax me every other turn.

Edited by Milotic

VALARIE

in both versions, hands down, it's Valarie. I only won because lady Critical hit was by my side.

the other leaders? just needed to grind. V5 wasn't much of a problem for me...

in V6 however, Saki and Venam. Melia wasn't much help at all. that MAWILE-

aaaaaand of course, Geara+Zetta combo was hard too, but not as hard as Valarie. def needs a nerf...

just curious- did you evolve Monferno then use the reverse candy to have it learn Close Combat? 'cause that's what i did and i had to reset about...2 times? idk

Monferno straight up wouldn't evolve until AFTER I beat her despite being well within level. He had close combat but it couldn't one-shot Slaking or Porygon Z which left it ripe for instant KOs.

Ya in my experience the Zetta and Geara double battle is simply out of control.

Its incredibly luck dependent.

At least it was for my approach. Maybe you guys came up with better ways around it, but here's how I did it, and basically even with solid training and 1to1 counters, Melia simply just got in the way so much.

Doubles are fun, but a lot less fun when the second pokemon isn't my own!

Maybe it's just intense mode, but the whole game has been aggravating/very difficult to me since Keta. Not in a fair/challenging way, but a purely aggrevating/get one shot kind of way. It's been one whole boss rush.

1) Find a boss

2) Pokemon Breeder Train

A)If still not enough, train a different pokemon (30+ minute process as you need to keep switching out, have to deal with disobedient pokemon, going to to center to heal, and back again)

3)Beat boss.

4) Small route or a few trainers later... (not nearly enough to gain your party a few levels)

5) Find another boss, its at minimum, 5-7 levels higher than your pokemon currently are.

6) Go back and pokemon Breeder Train

7) Refight boss and maybe win, might take many soft-resets.

8) Continue on.

9) Find a boss with pokemon all over the level limit your limited to to go with their field effect shenangins.

10) Repeat step A several times.

ect... up until...

??) Get shipwrecked after prison (Madame X favorite character), head back to ship after hearing about tentacle fun. Fight Deoxys who is lvl 55 and 10 levels over my entire party one shotting everyone.

Go back to breeder train...

Wait...

THERE IS NO BREEDER THIS TIME IN THE TOWN!

??1) Go back and fight again, win with 1 hp sturdy golem only pokemon left alive.

Celebreate, then notice their are more Deoxys on the beech, and blocking the ship.

/cry and rage on the forums.

I will hear Audiono's death cry in my sleep.

Edited by WavesBlade

In order from hardest at top.

-Angie

-Valeire(V5)

-Marinette on the fucking ship

-Girl with the level 85s(Eventually beat her, hah.)

-Geara/Zetta, well, a pain in the ass but at least I managed to get Gyara's DD with Melia being my target dummy.

At first it was Valerie (God help anyone who still has to face her), but then I met Angie... I swear I lost to her over 20 times in the previous version before i won. 20!!! Like WTF? Cold truth was Angie saying "Oh, so you're hotter than me? I guess that makes me cooler than you" before she pwns your entire team. The only reason I won was because of an overleveled Feraligator that actually listened (still very amazed), a reliable Houndoom with Foul Play and Flamethrower, and a Weezing that just tanks and poisons. Everything else gets OHKO'd. Would have had a better chance if that demon Glaceon didnt know Shadow-goddamn-ball! FML!

okay, i'm done.

Maybe it's just intense mode, but the whole game has been aggravating/very difficult to me since Keta. Not in a fair/challenging way, but a purely aggrevating/get one shot kind of way. It's been one whole boss rush.

1) Find a boss

2) Pokemon Breeder Train

A)If still not enough, train a different pokemon (30+ minute process as you need to keep switching out, have to deal with disobedient pokemon, going to to center to heal, and back again)

3)Beat boss.

4) Small route or a few trainers later... (not nearly enough to gain your party a few levels)

5) Find another boss, its at minimum, 5-7 levels higher than your pokemon currently are.

6) Go back and pokemon Breeder Train

7) Refight boss and maybe win, might take many soft-resets.

8) Continue on.

9) Find a boss with pokemon all over the level limit your limited to to go with their field effect shenangins.

10) Repeat step A several times.

ect... up until...

??) Get shipwrecked after prison (Madame X favorite character), head back to ship after hearing about tentacle fun. Fight Deoxys who is lvl 55 and 10 levels over my entire party one shotting everyone.

Go back to breeder train...

Wait...

THERE IS NO BREEDER THIS TIME IN THE TOWN!

??1) Go back and fight again, win with 1 hp sturdy golem only pokemon left alive.

Celebreate, then notice their are more Deoxys on the beech, and blocking the ship.

/cry and rage on the forums.

I will hear Audiono's death cry in my sleep.

There are some pokemon that can have a ton of utility in fights and make things much much easier - I recommend getting a sturdy magnemite ASAP and using common candy to reduce it to a low enough level to learn thunder wave. A sturdy magnemite with thunder wave (+ flash ideally too if you got the TM at the game corner) can cripple many of the pokemon that normally give you a ton of trouble. You can get that right before you deal with the Deoxys spam and it really trivializes the Deoxys fights (it doesn't even need to really be leveled up - it just needs sturdy and thunder wave).

If you also went through the effort to get the substitute TM from the game corner, then a magnemite + a high speed setup sweeper can beat almost every 1v1 fight in the game pretty reliably by using thunder wave + flash on the magnemite and using substitute until the enemy misses enough (and optionally you can use items to heal your pokemon too).