Gotta LOVE Anime Sometimes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Darvan Korematsu

You know there are those scenes in anime that make me feel all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and you fellow anime lovers have felt that feeling too. Some animes like High School of the Dead are known for inflicting feelings of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) sometimes. I wanna ask what scenes in anime have ever made you feel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

The first scene I could remember from any anime was a fight scene in One Piece where Boa Hancock, who is a drop-dead gorgeous chick in a flowing purple dress, fought this old hag witch doctor of sorts who was an expert in utilizing medicine as effective weapons. One medicine the hag spat at Hancock was an acidic herbal mix. Needless to say, her already somewhat scant clothing partially dissolved and she was fighting while trying to cover herself up like a true sexy bitch. Aww yeah anime ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What have you guys seen in anime to invoke this feeling?

Edited by Darvan Korematsu

• Support Squad

Just no. As far as I'm concerned these moments are never good, they encourage terrible practices that detract from a story far more often than not and really does not help the western view of anime. "Ew, anime is so weird" or "Oh god Japan, why are you so pervy?" etc. I know people who actively avoid anime on the whole because of these moments.

I honestly don't see any problem with fan service. It does not affect the actual writing in any way, those moments are no different from fillers. All you have to do is picture the entire anime without them to know whether or not it's actually good.

One thing I do hate though is when certain shows are so shitty in terms of writing and have literally no redeemable qualities, that they rely on fan service for 99% of their enjoyment. Those shows are absolute shit and should be despised.

The opposite is refreshing however, and insulting fan service moments with "they distract you from the actual story" is nothing but a personal problem some people might have, because I have not had major difficulties in following up with a story even when it's filled with those moments. I only have difficulties following up with a story when it's straight up shit.

However, I have to agree that it affects how people that aren't into it view anime as a whole. Then again, most of those are probably not even interested in it to begin with and choose to use it as an excuse to avoid it.